The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Is Shanahan going to make it through the season?
Yes 61 83.56%
No 8 10.96%
It's Griese's fault 12 16.44%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-23-2012, 07:32 PM   #251
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Wouldn't it be something is Denver ended up playing Washington in the SB.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:34 PM   #252
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Wouldn't it be something is Denver ended up playing Washington in the SB.
Talk about a win-win scenario.

BRING BACK BUTCH
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:36 PM   #253
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Talk about a win-win scenario.
will you wear the jacket during the game?
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:37 PM   #254
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinBronco View Post
will you wear the jacket during the game?
I would never want a Shanny jacket from you....because you aren't a true believer in him. There's really nothing to discuss.

BRING BACK BUTCH
Old 12-23-2012, 07:39 PM   #255
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Also, Not that most didn't know this already but for the few moron "experts" who think this is an other Vick or Vince Young, I wonder if they were watching today because today was all POCKET PASSER RGIII. Kyle limited the gameplan and tailored to traditional NFL QB play and RGIII was dead on as usual. I would hope they start moving to more of this style with occasional scrambling. This kid is an elite passing QB.

Now we will see what they say next about the kid.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:42 PM   #256
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I would never want a Shanny jacket from you....because you aren't a true believer in him. There's really nothing to discuss.
that hurt so bad.

I'll give you credit for always being the first to bring this thread back up. It's like your ultimate attention thread. Can we rename it to just the SoCal/Shanny thread?
Old 12-23-2012, 07:42 PM   #257
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

RGIII will be scary when they surround him with more weapons and have a D that's middle of the pack. their secondary has come a long way with Morris as DB coach, the rest of their D needs to step it up.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:44 PM   #258
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
that hurt so bad.

I'll give you credit for always being the first to bring this thread back up. It's like your ultimate attention thread. Can we rename it to just the SoCal/Shanny thread?
Wow....looks like I made a mistake not calling you out by name. Last few weeks you were butthurt that calling your own HOF coach "the Rat" like Raider and Chief fans came back in your face when he started turning around your team and you were pissed that we had the gall to call you out on it (repeatedly). You wanted us to leave you alone...this week I actually respected that and didnt even call you out by name or quote any of your posts. Looks like that was a mistake.

One that won't be made again.

BRING BACK BUTCH
Old 12-23-2012, 07:44 PM   #259
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Also, Not that most didn't know this already but for the few moron "experts" who think this is an other Vick or Vince Young, I wonder if they were watching today because today was all POCKET PASSER RGIII. Kyle limited the gameplan and tailored to traditional NFL QB play and RGIII was dead on as usual. I would hope they start moving to more of this style with occasional scrambling. This kid is an elite passing QB.

Now we will see what they say next about the kid.
Clearly Shanny hit a grand slam with RGIII and he will get more out of him than just about any other coach not named Bill Walsh.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:50 PM   #260
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
RGIII will be scary when they surround him with more weapons and have a D that's middle of the pack. their secondary has come a long way with Morris as DB coach, the rest of their D needs to step it up.
Yeah he needs a lineman or two still and another receiver. He masks a lot of the line issues just with his athleticism.

Madieu Williams sucks ass, but Hall and Wilson have stepped it up.

Kerrigan was a beast today, but in general shanny needs to add; we will see what defensive personnel he comes up with since everyone knows he is choosing the players as well.

I was at the game today in philly since it's a short trip; and not surprisingly there was iggles fans I was chatting with during the game who completely agree that shanahan defenses suck ass. Nick freaking foles almost did them in, if he wasn't such a dumbass.

But I am used the almost heart attacks or the full collapses from the denver days. So nothing new here...
Old 12-23-2012, 07:52 PM   #261
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Clearly Shanny hit a grand slam with RGIII and he will get more out of him than just about any other coach not named Bill Walsh.
I agree completey. Shanny is the man for QBs and their development/taking them to next level; one of his biggest strengths as a coach if not the biggest.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:54 PM   #262
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

OL is a big issue but RGIII can get around that some with more weapons(getting Fred Davis back will help) and Morris continuing to improve. but they need another WR to pair with Garcon.

the defense needs everything. Orakpo and Kerrigan are nice but they need more weapons, too many potentially elite offenses in the NFC east to continue to be so-so or bad.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:55 PM   #263
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Wow....looks like I made a mistake not calling you out by name. Last few weeks you were butthurt that calling your own HOF coach "the Rat" like Raider and Chief fans came back in your face when he started turning around your team and you were pissed that we had the gall to call you out on it (repeatedly). You wanted us to leave you alone...this week I actually respected that and didnt even call you out by name or quote any of your posts. Looks like that was a mistake.

One that won't be made again.
Get off your high horse and stop playing stupid. You constantly bring this thread back up for one reason and one reason only.

You have no respect, that's been clear for a while. You can't even be civil about the whole thing. Sorry, but you took the jab when I did nothing but just make a lighthearted joke.

So I will go back to ignoring you. You don't deserve the respect.

Frankly, I am amazed you are a moderator. I have never seen someone like you ever be in charge of board administration on ANY board.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:57 PM   #264
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
OL is a big issue but RGIII can get around that some with more weapons(getting Fred Davis back will help) and Morris continuing to improve. but they need another WR to pair with Garcon.

the defense needs everything. Orakpo and Kerrigan are nice but they need more weapons, too many potentially elite offenses in the NFC east to continue to be so-so or bad.
Yep, you have a good grasp of it. Let's see what shanny does this offseason.

Obviously, though, it gets major blood boiling especially in this thread when there is even a slight mention that the almighty shanahan needs to step it up on the defensive personnel side of the game. Blasphemy! Butthurt!
Old 12-23-2012, 07:59 PM   #265
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Get off your high horse and stop playing stupid. You constantly bring this thread back up for one reason and one reason only.

You have no respect, that's been clear for a while. You can't even be civil about the whole thing. Sorry, but you took the jab when I did nothing but just make a lighthearted joke.

So I will go back to ignoring you. You don't deserve the respect.

Frankly, I am amazed you are a moderator. I have never seen someone like you ever be in charge of board administration on ANY board.
Lighthearted joke? After you spent the whole season calling your own coach names that only Raider and Chief fans use? You didn't appreciate anything he did until it was obvious to everyone that he turned your team around and got some great talents for the team. There's no jab there...its a fact. You aren't a true believer in Shanny. You went out of your way to trash him for weeks. Feel free to ignore me...I'm most certainly not going to ignore you. I look forward to the Skins beating the crap out of the Cowboys next week. This thread will be quite fun.

BRING BACK BUTCH
Old 12-23-2012, 08:06 PM   #266
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Lighthearted joke? After you spent the whole season calling your own coach names that only Raider and Chief fans use? You didn't appreciate anything he did until it was obvious to everyone that he turned your team around and got some great talents for the team. There's no jab there...its a fact. You aren't a true believer in Shanny. You went out of your way to trash him for weeks. Feel free to ignore me...I'm most certainly not going to ignore you. I look forward to the Skins beating the crap out of the Cowboys next week. This thread will be quite fun.
There are objective people on here, NON-SKINS fans, who can appreciate football and no what the skins weakness is.

If you want to glorify shanarat (which is something I call him for fun since I have chiefs/raiders friends), then by all means that's your choice. However, just realize that the reason you are labeled as an ultra-shanny person on here is because you ATTACK anyone who even has the slightest critique of him.

So in essence, no one takes you seriously because all you are is an ultra shanny fan boy (abnormally obsessive) that ATTACKS posters rather than being objective like all the other normal posters on here who are civilized enough to discuss and relay their opinion and not just scream SHANNY! SHANNY! SHANNY! or go into juvenile **** when some critiques dear old shanny's performance in all his responsibilities.

If you didn't attack posters no one would give a ****, but since you do, no one is going to STFU about it especially when all you do is come looking for that attention. BUMP SHANNY THREAD!
Old 12-23-2012, 08:10 PM   #267
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
There are objective people on here, NON-SKINS fans, who can appreciate football and no what the skins weakness is.

If you want to glorify shanarat (which is something I call him for fun since I have chiefs/raiders friends), then by all means that's your choice. However, just realize that the reason you are labeled as an ultra-shanny person on here is because you ATTACK anyone who even has the slightest critique of him.

So in essence, no one takes you seriously because all you are is an ultra shanny fan boy (abnormally obsessive) that ATTACKS posters rather than being objective like all the other normal posters on here who are civilized enough to discuss and relay their opinion and not just scream SHANNY! SHANNY! SHANNY! or go into juvenile **** when some critiques dear old shanny's performance in all his responsibilities.

If you didn't attack posters no one would give a ****, but since you do, no one is going to STFU about it especially when all you do is come looking for that attention. BUMP SHANNY THREAD!
...I've criticized Shanny's moves on many occasions. Bringing back Gold and stunting DJ's growth was an awful move and I complained about it at the time. Getting rid of Coyer was an awful move and I criticized it. There are many more. Shanny is a human being with flaws like everyone else, but he's still a supreme coach nonetheless, especially when, as was the case in Denver, he had to coach with a hand tied behind his back due to garbage cheapskate ownership. Appreciate what you have.

BRING BACK BUTCH
Old 12-23-2012, 08:19 PM   #268
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
...I've criticized Shanny's moves on many occasions. Bringing back Gold and stunting DJ's growth was an awful move and I complained about it at the time. Getting rid of Coyer was an awful move and I criticized it. There are many more. Shanny is a human being with flaws like everyone else, but he's still a supreme coach nonetheless, especially when, as was the case in Denver, he had to coach with a hand tied behind his back due to garbage cheapskate ownership. Appreciate what you have.
Ok you got the final word. great job, you win again.

But just out of curiosity, Pat Bowlen is cheap? That's the last thing I would say about that man. He wants to win. If anything, all broncos fans should appreciate having Bowlen as owner.

Well anyways, no excuse now. Shanny has all the $$$$ he wants. Snyder gives out a blank check to his decision makers, which is clearly shanny. Let's see what he does with multiple hands now to fix that craptastic defense
Old 12-23-2012, 08:56 PM   #269
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Ok you got the final word. great job, you win again.

But just out of curiosity, Pat Bowlen is cheap? That's the last thing I would say about that man. He wants to win. If anything, all broncos fans should appreciate having Bowlen as owner.

Well anyways, no excuse now. Shanny has all the $$$$ he wants. Snyder gives out a blank check to his decision makers, which is clearly shanny. Let's see what he does with multiple hands now to fix that craptastic defense
Didn't Washington have a top 5 defense the season before Shanny took over and switched to a 3 - 4 defense even though he did not have the personal to play it?
Old 12-23-2012, 09:10 PM   #270
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Didn't Washington have a top 5 defense the season before Shanny took over and switched to a 3 - 4 defense even though he did not have the personal to play it?
it went from 10 to 31 the next year IIRC without looking it up.. based on yards..

Last edited by lonestar; 12-23-2012 at 09:14 PM..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:34 PM   #271
Bacchus

Quote:
they got pretty lucky today. Defense was having all sorts issues letting a garbage eagles offense move at will. Foles has freaking absurd happy feet and panic attacks at the slight hint of pressure.

but hey if shanahan can keep this going and bring #4 to DC, I will customize those shanny jackets with glee

edit: there is something to be said about division games and how tough they are especially with this being Andy Reid's last game, the eagles came to play. However, if the skins put that kind of effort against Dallas especially on defense, Romo and a hot cowboys offense will demolish them and the skins will be relegated to hoping GB and Detroit help them out, which I would not want to count on...
They played with an injured QB and altered their game plan because of it. Beat those DAMN COWBOYS!!!!!!
Old 12-23-2012, 10:36 PM   #272
Bacchus

I haven't watched a Skins game all year, only in passing anyway. I will watch next weeks game. I really hate the Cowboys.
Old 12-23-2012, 11:14 PM   #273
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
I haven't watched a Skins game all year, only in passing anyway. I will watch next weeks game. I really hate the Cowboys.
I'm an ABC fan. But this coming week will be rooting for him. I'll convert into being an ABM.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 05:59 AM   #274
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
They played with an injured QB and altered their game plan because of it. Beat those DAMN COWBOYS!!!!!!
For sure, let's hope. I think Kyle is doing a tremendous job. I completely trust his offense and playcalling.

Since it's cowboys, I am sure we will get more than a few NBDS Cowboys bandwagon fans. Although, I bet some have jumped ship and latched on to RGIII.

NBDS - Never Been to Dallas Syndrome. These are the worst types. Local residents who just want the attention and have a lot of insecurities.
Old 12-24-2012, 06:07 AM   #275
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Let's put it this way. If you combined Shanahan offense with gregg williams defense, no team would stop the redskins.

Under Gibbs 2.0, the redskins defense was relentless. They didn't have a great 4 man pass rush, but their schemes under williams confused the **** out of opponents.

I know people take shots at him over bounty gate but Gregg Williams is an excellent d-coordinator and he is very confident in what type of players he needs and getting the most out of guys who at best average.

That's why I am so happy the Broncos have JDR (hopefully he doesn't leave). He is one of the best IMO and it makes a huge, huge difference. Especially when on the other side there is Manning leading the O.

But yeah, the shanny staple is to win with offense. All his teams are usually below average on defense and that's dicey way to win SBs. I think the past 10 years, you had Indy who was a horrible D just suddenly get hot in their SB run. You had the packers who weren't that great, but still had playmakers on that side of the ball.

The saints are basically the way shanny will ever win another SB. Very similar to the Denver SB teams. Tremendous offense with HOF QB and solid running game and an average defense that does just enough. Greg Robinson and Gregg Williams took average defenses and had just enough deception in design and blitz schemes to complement high octane offensive teams.

edit: baja, short answer to your question. Under Williams they were top 5 but that was under Gibbs 2.0. I think year before Shanny (under zorn) it was top 10 or hovering somewhere around 10-15.

Last edited by RedskinBronco; 12-24-2012 at 06:13 AM..