The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2010, 03:41 PM   #1
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady
Default Bradshaw and Fouts

Bradshaw is the worst ever at highlights, what an idiot.

And Fouts is a ****er co******ing ******.
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2010, 03:44 PM   #2
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Fouts is abismal
phillybroncosnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 04:06 PM   #3
Kid A
Ring of Famer

I don't need love. I just need wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

Enberg is no longer speaking english.
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 04:09 PM   #4
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

the broncos are really bad tonight. but the announcers are far, far worse.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 04:10 PM   #5
_Oro_
Formerly known as Casson

Don't run that sh*t this way.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
- R. Ayers

which is worse, 2 pick sixes, or 300+ yards rushing?
_Oro_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 04:12 PM   #6
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casson View Post
which is worse, 2 pick sixes, or 300+ yards rushing?
thats called an entire team collapse...they are equally bad.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:37 PM   #7
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Since I have been accused of making duplicate threads. Did a quick search and found this one.

Fouts is the biggest bronco hating announcer I can remember listening to.

Every penalty called today he announced it with glee and even a few that we're not called he showed his bias.

How can an announcer be allowed to call a game for or against a team that is so biased.

Even some of the penalties on the browns he comments on there should have been more or justified them to nth degree.

God forbid it is a chargers game against us it is even more blatant.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:44 PM   #8
Broncos4Life
Ring of Famer

Look, I don't know what you guys are talking about. Dan Deirdorf and that other dumbass were a lot worse. A lot.

This was like 100 times better than last week. Don't get me wrong. I can't stand these ****ers either, and agree they are horrible, but much better than last week.
Broncos4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:51 PM   #9
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

You should have let me sleep!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I like Dan Fouts.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 06:09 PM   #10
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos4Life View Post
Look, I don't know what you guys are talking about. Dan Deirdorf and that other dumbass were a lot worse. A lot.

This was like 100 times better than last week. Don't get me wrong. I can't stand these ****ers either, and agree they are horrible, but much better than last week.
Those guys last week were as about as bad as I have ever heard. Seems like most of the guys at CBS can't stand the Broncos.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:41 PM   #11
Broncos4Life
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
Those guys last week were as about as bad as I have ever heard. Seems like most of the guys at CBS can't stand the Broncos.
Yep. Remember the Sean Salsbury steak comments a few years ago. Just trash talking us at an opportunity he could? Until he started looking like a jack ass, and was the only one saying them, he finally quit.

Well a lot these so called "experts, analysts, and know-it-alls" picked San Diego or KC to win the division and be SB contenders. And now they've become comfortable with what Manning is doing. He always has won this way or that way.....Or, what did you expect? Its Manning!

**** them all.

Even Deon Sanders had a hard time on NFLN saying that we're the most complete AFC team tonight. When we started winning he kept saying NE was better. Then we were at 7, then 8 in a row. He was still saying, that until we beat them, they are the better team. Not that I would completely disagree with him. He kept pointing out how we were beat early in the season. What he failed to mention was how much the team had grown and improved since that early in the season. Hes definitely a hater. One could see just how much it hurt him to admit.
Broncos4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:13 PM   #12
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I don't get the whining about play-by-play guys and the color analysts. So many people on this site say "they all suck" and I think there are maybe four or five I don't like, three that I think are awesome and the rest are average to pretty good.
Old 12-23-2012, 09:29 PM   #13
hambone13
Ring of Famer

Salty Lurking Vet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
Since I have been accused of making duplicate threads. Did a quick search and found this one.

Fouts is the biggest bronco hating announcer I can remember listening to.

Every penalty called today he announced it with glee and even a few that we're not called he showed his bias.

How can an announcer be allowed to call a game for or against a team that is so biased.

Even some of the penalties on the browns he comments on there should have been more or justified them to nth degree.

God forbid it is a chargers game against us it is even more blatant.
While much of your football knowledge is valid and intelligent, I rarely agree with your tone and angle. Just wanted to hand it to you you though, you nailed it on this one.
hambone13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:32 PM   #14
hambone13
Ring of Famer

Salty Lurking Vet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I like Dan Fouts.
Did you think his angle on the Stokely penalty was accurate, most importantly that it was intentionally excessive?

I thought his excessive commentary was blatantly anti-Bronco. Stokely doesn't go out and b**** like he did if he knows he's wrong.
Old 12-23-2012, 09:49 PM   #15
hambone13
Ring of Famer

Salty Lurking Vet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I don't get the whining about play-by-play guys and the color analysts. So many people on this site say "they all suck" and I think there are maybe four or five I don't like, three that I think are awesome and the rest are average to pretty good.
That is why you're a superior being Kahn, they don't bother you as much as the rest of us, it's evolution. There's maybe 3 I like as well, the rest of them are are there to fill air space and there's nothing anybody can do about it...it's something to b**** about because it's annoying.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:18 PM   #16
oldustyballs
Rookie

ODB

Adopt-a-Bronco:
nacho

Quote:
This

The only two I don't like is joe buck and troy aikman
I wish we could get Tim Ryan sometimes.
oldustyballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 12:25 AM   #17
mkporter
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I like Dan Fouts.
I do too. Don't see what all the fuss is about. Dierdorf, however, is a steaming pile of awful.
mkporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 12:35 AM   #18
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkporter View Post
I do too. Don't see what all the fuss is about. Dierdorf, however, is a steaming pile of awful.
All we heard against Baltimore was how many injuries they had. Its Gumble and Dierdorf. Can't believe they let Gus Johnson leave to call college games for Fox. My personal favs are Nantz-Simms, Al Michaels-Collinsworth(talks a little to much but whatever), Trico-Gruden, Mike Mayok(NFLN), Don't mind Aikmen-Buck. Outside of Nantz-Simms i can't think of any CBS announcers i can stand.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:03 AM   #19
Durango
Ring of Famer

Woodsman

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I like Dan Fouts.
I do too, and I think CBS generally has an excellent staff of sports announcers, as opposed to Fox. Al Michaels and Chris Collingsworth clearly seem head and shoulders above the rest, but I haven't had a problem with any announcers or the pre-game crews this season at all.
Durango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 04:04 AM   #20
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by hambone13 View Post
Did you think his angle on the Stokely penalty was accurate, most importantly that it was intentionally excessive?

I thought his excessive commentary was blatantly anti-Bronco. Stokely doesn't go out and b**** like he did if he knows he's wrong.
It was pretty obvious Stokely was lining him up the whole time and then dropped his shoulder to hit him. He wasn't pushed hardly at all and definately not enough to level the guy like that. It seemed to be a pretty dirty play to me.

Fouts was right on with the bull**** unnecessary roughness call on Champ as well. What a horrible, soft call.
Atwater His Ass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:12 AM   #21
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by hambone13 View Post

I thought it was a play designed to rub the receivers, but I felt like Stokely flopped to try and sell PI on him. I'm not accusing Stokely of being a regular flopper, but it was the right call. If someone is that wide open, especially against one of the above-average defenses in the NFL, then probably something happened. I think the refs were pretty ticky-tacky yesterday, but they were so both ways.

My experience with the color analyst guys is by and large they don't favor a team, but they favor a squad. Offensive guys tend to side with the offense. And defensive guys tend to side with the defense. I think they empathize more with the position they play. I think there are times when they might heap praise on good players and not as much on lesser known players, even when both make equally amazing plays. However I don't notice too many color analyst guys "hating" on one team or another. I'm neutral on most of the announcers and less neutral on the color analysts.

Announcers I don't like:
Mike Tirico - he's so fake.
Beth Mowens - I don't like female announcers. It's sexist but it's distracting to me.
Spero Dedes - I don't "hate" him but he's one of my least favorite.
There's a few fox guys on here, but I am not familiar enough with them to remember them right now.
Joe Buck - This guy is just too uppity for me. He's very good at his job, technically speaking, but he seems like a snob to me.

Analysts I don't like:
Randy Cross - This is one guy who I actually think has a personal problem with the Broncos. I don't like his greasy hair or his weird facial hair.
Matt Millen - It's impossible to take this fraud seriously after what he did in Detroit.
Rich Gannon - I actually like Gannon but I hate how he adds syllables to words that don't exist - especially the way he pronounces athletic like "ath-a-letic," for example.
Tony Siragusa - This fat idiot needs to shut up. He adds nothing to the games. He's an annoying third wheel.
Mike Mayock - He's too much. He talks about what he knows, but no one wants a combine report or a break down of a player's technique during a game.

Favorite Announcers:
Gus Johnson
Brent Musburger
Brad Nessler
Jim Nantz

Favorite Analysts:
Cris Collinsworth - I think he's the best
Steve Beuerlein
Chucky
Kirk Herbstreit
Troy Aikman

The rest are more or less the same to me, but I would say more on the above-average level.

For production value I think NBC does the best followed by CBS, ABC college, Fox, ESPN MNF and a distant last place to the NFL Network.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:37 AM   #22
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
I thought it was a play designed to rub the receivers, but I felt like Stokely flopped to try and sell PI on him. I'm not accusing Stokely of being a regular flopper, but it was the right call. If someone is that wide open, especially against one of the above-average defenses in the NFL, then probably something happened. I think the refs were pretty ticky-tacky yesterday, but they were so both ways.

My experience with the color analyst guys is by and large they don't favor a team, but they favor a squad. Offensive guys tend to side with the offense. And defensive guys tend to side with the defense. I think they empathize more with the position they play. I think there are times when they might heap praise on good players and not as much on lesser known players, even when both make equally amazing plays. However I don't notice too many color analyst guys "hating" on one team or another. I'm neutral on most of the announcers and less neutral on the color analysts.

Announcers I don't like:
Mike Tirico - he's so fake.
Beth Mowens - I don't like female announcers. It's sexist but it's distracting to me.
Spero Dedes - I don't "hate" him but he's one of my least favorite.
There's a few fox guys on here, but I am not familiar enough with them to remember them right now.
Joe Buck - This guy is just too uppity for me. He's very good at his job, technically speaking, but he seems like a snob to me.

Analysts I don't like:
Randy Cross - This is one guy who I actually think has a personal problem with the Broncos. I don't like his greasy hair or his weird facial hair.
Matt Millen - It's impossible to take this fraud seriously after what he did in Detroit.
Rich Gannon - I actually like Gannon but I hate how he adds syllables to words that don't exist - especially the way he pronounces athletic like "ath-a-letic," for example.
Tony Siragusa - This fat idiot needs to shut up. He adds nothing to the games. He's an annoying third wheel.
Mike Mayock - He's too much. He talks about what he knows, but no one wants a combine report or a break down of a player's technique during a game.

Favorite Announcers:
Gus Johnson
Brent Musburger
Brad Nessler
Jim Nantz

Favorite Analysts:
Cris Collinsworth - I think he's the best
Steve Beuerlein
Chucky
Kirk Herbstreit
Troy Aikman

The rest are more or less the same to me, but I would say more on the above-average level.

For production value I think NBC does the best followed by CBS, ABC college, Fox, ESPN MNF and a distant last place to the NFL Network.
Tim Ryan is the best, imo
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:21 AM   #23
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Well there are some of us that suffered through the Dandy Don and Howard days ………… We would have heard "the lights are out and the party’s over" in the 3rd quarter", so quit your whining.
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:30 AM   #24
DarkHorse30
Smith Rules

Adopt-a-Bronco:
wolf pot roast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
Well there are some of us that suffered through the Dandy Don and Howard days ………… We would have heard "the lights are out and the party’s over" in the 3rd quarter", so quit your whining.
I liked those guys.
DarkHorse30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 02:02 PM   #25
jerseyboiler120

I like the old guys back in the day, but they had more bias back then. Mayock is pretty good; I couldn't stand him doing notre dame games because theyre forced to worship notre dame. But he's very good and knows football better than most of them.