The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2012, 02:39 PM   #1
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 10,553

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default #1 seed still alive

THANK YOU HOUSTON TEXANS.

If they lose next week, oh man, how great would that be. Even though HAT never took me up on that bet, I would still change my avatar for him for the duration of the playoffs.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-2012, 02:46 PM   #2
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 24,330

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Who do the Texans play next week?
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 02:55 PM   #3
enjolras
Ring of Famer
 
enjolras's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 7,835
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Who do the Texans play next week?
@ Colts
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 02:55 PM   #4
Cmac821
Harden by loss
 
Cmac821's Avatar
 
Can't wait for next year

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Southern Los Angeles
Posts: 1,175

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Fox Mulder
Default

@ Colts
Cmac821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 02:56 PM   #5
NASurfer
orange/blue
 
NASurfer's Avatar
 
Hungry Playmaker

Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 554

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Colts second string
NASurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 02:58 PM   #6
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 23,187

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

It just might happen how each team is playing. Colts playing at home might have different outcome. Colts were like our losses when they played the Texans. Falling behind early to only rally but come up short.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 02:58 PM   #7
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 37,003

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Good call HAT. Didnt think it was realistic...props to you.
__________________
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:06 PM   #8
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.
 
HAT's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 5,866

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber
Default

It was never a prediction....I was just telling you all you were rooting for the wrong team HOU/NE
HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:15 PM   #9
winstoncup bronco
Crew Chief
 
winstoncup bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: NEW YORK CITY, USA
Posts: 5,376
Default

Rooting for HOU in that game was still the right call IMO.

If HOU wins that game, we lock up the #2 seed with a win today. We're still at risk of falling to #3 and playing in New England.
winstoncup bronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:30 PM   #10
LongDongJohnson
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,998

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Who knows. Maybe we can steal that #1 seed.
LongDongJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:34 PM   #11
yakyakyuk
Just Drafted
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 23
Default

It looks like Indy is the #5 seed no matter what happens - they don't have anything to play for next week against Houston (according to Yahoo scenario tool).
yakyakyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:37 PM   #12
teknic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstoncup bronco View Post
Rooting for HOU in that game was still the right call IMO.

If HOU wins that game, we lock up the #2 seed with a win today. We're still at risk of falling to #3 and playing in New England.
Not correct. If Houston won, they would have clinched the first seed. Since NE won as well today, it is impossible for the Broncos to clinch the second seed this week. The Houston loss still keeps the first seed in play though, so the Vikings winning was the preferable outcome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:38 PM   #13
Vine
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NASurfer View Post
Colts second string
Not so sure about that. Looking at the NFL standings, it does seem possible that Indy could slip from the #5 seed to the #6 seed with a loss. If Cincinnati beats Pittsburgh next week, an Indy loss to Houston would result in 10-6 records for both Indy and Cincinnati.

Now, checking the tiebreaking procedures, to break a tie between two non-divisional teams for a seed goes as follows:

1)Head to head- Not applicable as Indy did not play Cincinnati.

2)Won-loss-tied % in conference games. Cincy win puts them at 7-5. Indy loss to Houston drops them to 7-5. Go to tiebreaker #3.

3)Won-loss-tied % in common opponents- minimum 4 teams. Not applicable, as there are not 4 common opponents between Cincy and Indy. Go to tiebreaker #4.

4)Strength of Victory. I am assuming this is season PF minues season PA to equal point differential. Cincy is +35, Indy is -42.

So, it does appear that Indy could be playing to hold onto their #5 seed with a loss potentially resulting in a #6 seed. This is also assuming that Baltimore wins the AFC North. Baltimore is currently up 17-7 over the NYGiants. If the Giants make a comeback, I will go through the tiebreaking procedures to see if Baltimore can potentially slip behind Indy to a #6 seed.

Last edited by Vine; 12-23-2012 at 04:30 PM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:38 PM   #14
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer
 
maher_tyler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: AZ
Posts: 6,623

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

If Texans lose and Pats win next week the Pats are the #2 and Texans are the #3. Pats will get the bye. Would we rather have the Texans win? I'm thinking we would rather stay at the 2 spot and Texans at the 1 to force the Pats to play the week before then come to Denver.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:42 PM   #15
LongDongJohnson
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,998

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
If Texans lose and Pats win next week the Pats are the #2 and Texans are the #3. Pats will get the bye. Would we rather have the Texans win? I'm thinking we would rather stay at the 2 spot and Texans at the 1 to force the Pats to play the week before then come to Denver.
#1 seed is worth it. Screw New England. Root for us to win and the Texans to lose.

Having the road to the Super Bowl go through Mile High would be lovely.
LongDongJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:42 PM   #16
Bacchus
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Houston is gonna LOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:43 PM   #17
Vine
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
If Texans lose and Pats win next week the Pats are the #2 and Texans are the #3. Pats will get the bye. Would we rather have the Texans win? I'm thinking we would rather stay at the 2 spot and Texans at the 1 to force the Pats to play the week before then come to Denver.
Interesting thought. I didn't realize that NE could leapfrog Denver, AND Houston can fall all the way from #1 seed to a #3 seed with a loss next week.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:43 PM   #18
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer
 
maher_tyler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: AZ
Posts: 6,623

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vine View Post
Not so sure about that. Looking at the NFL standings, it does seem possible that Indy could slip from the #5 seed to the #6 seed with a loss. If Cincinnati beats Pittsburgh next week, an Indy loss to Houston would result in 10-6 records for both Indy and Cincinnati.

Now, checking the tiebreaking procedures, to break a tie between two non-divisional teams for a seed goes as follows:

1)Head to head- Not applicable as Indy did not play Cincinnati.

2)Won-loss-tied % in conference games. Cincy win puts them at 7-5. Indy loss to Houston drops them to 7-5. Go to tiebreaker #3.

3)Won-loss-tied % in common opponents- minimum 4 teams. Not applicable, as there are not 4 common opponents between Cincy and Indy. Go to tiebreaker #4.

4)Strength of Victory. I am assuming this is season PF minues season PA to equal point differential. Cincy is +35, Indy is -42.

So, it does appear that Indy could be playing to hold onto their #5 seed with a loss potentially resulting in a #6 seed. This is also assuming that Baltimore wins the AFC North. Baltimore is currently up 17-7 over the NYGiants. If the Giants make a comeback, I will go through the tiebreaking procedures to see if Baltimore can potentially slip behind Indy to a #4 seed.
Indy has no chance at the #3 or #4 seeds. Texans won the division when the beat them last week.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:45 PM   #19
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer
 
maher_tyler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: AZ
Posts: 6,623

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vine View Post
Interesting thought. I didn't realize that NE could leapfrog Denver, AND Houston can fall all the way from #1 seed to a #3 seed with a loss next week.
If we and Texans lose and Pats win. Pats #1, Texans #2 and us at #3.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:45 PM   #20
Vine
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
Indy has no chance at the #3 or #4 seeds. Texans won the division when the beat them last week.
Yes, I edited that message. I was talking about the last two wildcard seeds and edited my message to reflect that.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:46 PM   #21
Bacchus
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Wow that is the worst call since the replacement officials!!

EDIT: Sorry, I am drunk and thought this was the gameday thread.

Last edited by Bacchus; 12-23-2012 at 03:51 PM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:54 PM   #22
winstoncup bronco
Crew Chief
 
winstoncup bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: NEW YORK CITY, USA
Posts: 5,376
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknic View Post
Not correct. If Houston won, they would have clinched the first seed. Since NE won as well today, it is impossible for the Broncos to clinch the second seed this week. The Houston loss still keeps the first seed in play though, so the Vikings winning was the preferable outcome.
If NE loses that game, they are two games behind Denver coming into today.
winstoncup bronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:03 PM   #23
Bacchus
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

I love this team.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:04 PM   #24
Bacchus
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

The Peyton Triangle is dominating once again.

Wow I must really be drunk because I thought AGAIN I was posting int he gamedfay thread....... at least I'm not driving!!

GO BRONCOS!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:18 PM   #25
NASurfer
orange/blue
 
NASurfer's Avatar
 
Hungry Playmaker

Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 554

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vine View Post
Not so sure about that. Looking at the NFL standings, it does seem possible that Indy could slip from the #5 seed to the #6 seed with a loss. If Cincinnati beats Pittsburgh next week, an Indy loss to Houston would result in 10-6 records for both Indy and Cincinnati.

Now, checking the tiebreaking procedures, to break a tie between two non-divisional teams for a seed goes as follows:

1)Head to head- Not applicable as Indy did not play Cincinnati.

2)Won-loss-tied % in conference games. Cincy win puts them at 7-5. Indy loss to Houston drops them to 7-5. Go to tiebreaker #3.

3)Won-loss-tied % in common opponents- minimum 4 teams. Not applicable, as there are not 4 common opponents between Cincy and Indy. Go to tiebreaker #4.

4)Strength of Victory. I am assuming this is season PF minues season PA to equal point differential. Cincy is +35, Indy is -42.

So, it does appear that Indy could be playing to hold onto their #5 seed with a loss potentially resulting in a #6 seed. This is also assuming that Baltimore wins the AFC North. Baltimore is currently up 17-7 over the NYGiants. If the Giants make a comeback, I will go through the tiebreaking procedures to see if Baltimore can potentially slip behind Indy to a #4 seed.
Nice research. They'll be basically playing to choose their opponent. They could just give their starters a rest and take their bye now, but if they fear New England that badly they could play to avoid them and take on the AFC North winner instead.
NASurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:29 PM.


Denver Broncos