The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-23-2012, 02:39 PM   #1
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default #1 seed still alive

THANK YOU HOUSTON TEXANS.

If they lose next week, oh man, how great would that be. Even though HAT never took me up on that bet, I would still change my avatar for him for the duration of the playoffs.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-2012, 02:46 PM   #2
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Who do the Texans play next week?
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 02:55 PM   #3
enjolras
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Who do the Texans play next week?
@ Colts
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 02:55 PM   #4
Cmac821
Harden by loss

Can't wait for next year

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Fox Mulder

@ Colts
Cmac821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 02:56 PM   #5
NASurfer
orange/blue

Hungry Playmaker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Colts second string
NASurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 02:58 PM   #6
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

It just might happen how each team is playing. Colts playing at home might have different outcome. Colts were like our losses when they played the Texans. Falling behind early to only rally but come up short.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 02:58 PM   #7
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Good call HAT. Didnt think it was realistic...props to you.
Old 12-23-2012, 03:06 PM   #8
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

It was never a prediction....I was just telling you all you were rooting for the wrong team HOU/NE
HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:15 PM   #9
winstoncup bronco
Crew Chief

Rooting for HOU in that game was still the right call IMO.

If HOU wins that game, we lock up the #2 seed with a win today. We're still at risk of falling to #3 and playing in New England.
winstoncup bronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:30 PM   #10
LongDongJohnson
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Who knows. Maybe we can steal that #1 seed.
LongDongJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:34 PM   #11
yakyakyuk
Just Drafted

It looks like Indy is the #5 seed no matter what happens - they don't have anything to play for next week against Houston (according to Yahoo scenario tool).
yakyakyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:37 PM   #12
teknic

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstoncup bronco View Post
Rooting for HOU in that game was still the right call IMO.

If HOU wins that game, we lock up the #2 seed with a win today. We're still at risk of falling to #3 and playing in New England.
Not correct. If Houston won, they would have clinched the first seed. Since NE won as well today, it is impossible for the Broncos to clinch the second seed this week. The Houston loss still keeps the first seed in play though, so the Vikings winning was the preferable outcome.
Old 12-23-2012, 03:38 PM   #13
Vine

Quote:
Originally Posted by NASurfer View Post
Colts second string
Not so sure about that. Looking at the NFL standings, it does seem possible that Indy could slip from the #5 seed to the #6 seed with a loss. If Cincinnati beats Pittsburgh next week, an Indy loss to Houston would result in 10-6 records for both Indy and Cincinnati.

Now, checking the tiebreaking procedures, to break a tie between two non-divisional teams for a seed goes as follows:

1)Head to head- Not applicable as Indy did not play Cincinnati.

2)Won-loss-tied % in conference games. Cincy win puts them at 7-5. Indy loss to Houston drops them to 7-5. Go to tiebreaker #3.

3)Won-loss-tied % in common opponents- minimum 4 teams. Not applicable, as there are not 4 common opponents between Cincy and Indy. Go to tiebreaker #4.

4)Strength of Victory. I am assuming this is season PF minues season PA to equal point differential. Cincy is +35, Indy is -42.

So, it does appear that Indy could be playing to hold onto their #5 seed with a loss potentially resulting in a #6 seed. This is also assuming that Baltimore wins the AFC North. Baltimore is currently up 17-7 over the NYGiants. If the Giants make a comeback, I will go through the tiebreaking procedures to see if Baltimore can potentially slip behind Indy to a #6 seed.

Last edited by Vine; 12-23-2012 at 04:30 PM..
Old 12-23-2012, 03:38 PM   #14
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

If Texans lose and Pats win next week the Pats are the #2 and Texans are the #3. Pats will get the bye. Would we rather have the Texans win? I'm thinking we would rather stay at the 2 spot and Texans at the 1 to force the Pats to play the week before then come to Denver.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:42 PM   #15
LongDongJohnson
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
If Texans lose and Pats win next week the Pats are the #2 and Texans are the #3. Pats will get the bye. Would we rather have the Texans win? I'm thinking we would rather stay at the 2 spot and Texans at the 1 to force the Pats to play the week before then come to Denver.
#1 seed is worth it. Screw New England. Root for us to win and the Texans to lose.

Having the road to the Super Bowl go through Mile High would be lovely.
LongDongJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:42 PM   #16
Bacchus

Houston is gonna LOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-23-2012, 03:43 PM   #17
Vine

Quote:
Interesting thought. I didn't realize that NE could leapfrog Denver, AND Houston can fall all the way from #1 seed to a #3 seed with a loss next week.
Old 12-23-2012, 03:43 PM   #18
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vine View Post
Not so sure about that. Looking at the NFL standings, it does seem possible that Indy could slip from the #5 seed to the #6 seed with a loss. If Cincinnati beats Pittsburgh next week, an Indy loss to Houston would result in 10-6 records for both Indy and Cincinnati.

Now, checking the tiebreaking procedures, to break a tie between two non-divisional teams for a seed goes as follows:

2)Won-loss-tied % in conference games. Cincy win puts them at 7-5. Indy loss to Houston drops them to 7-5. Go to tiebreaker #3.

3)Won-loss-tied % in common opponents- minimum 4 teams. Not applicable, as there are not 4 common opponents between Cincy and Indy. Go to tiebreaker #4.

4)Strength of Victory. I am assuming this is season PF minues season PA to equal point differential. Cincy is +35, Indy is -42.

So, it does appear that Indy could be playing to hold onto their #5 seed with a loss potentially resulting in a #6 seed. This is also assuming that Baltimore wins the AFC North. Baltimore is currently up 17-7 over the NYGiants. If the Giants make a comeback, I will go through the tiebreaking procedures to see if Baltimore can potentially slip behind Indy to a #4 seed.
Indy has no chance at the #3 or #4 seeds. Texans won the division when the beat them last week.
Old 12-23-2012, 03:45 PM   #19
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Interesting thought. I didn't realize that NE could leapfrog Denver, AND Houston can fall all the way from #1 seed to a #3 seed with a loss next week.
If we and Texans lose and Pats win. Pats #1, Texans #2 and us at #3.
Old 12-23-2012, 03:45 PM   #20
Vine

Quote:
Indy has no chance at the #3 or #4 seeds. Texans won the division when the beat them last week.
Yes, I edited that message. I was talking about the last two wildcard seeds and edited my message to reflect that.
Old 12-23-2012, 03:46 PM   #21
Bacchus

Wow that is the worst call since the replacement officials!!

EDIT: Sorry, I am drunk and thought this was the gameday thread.

Last edited by Bacchus; 12-23-2012 at 03:51 PM..
Old 12-23-2012, 03:54 PM   #22
winstoncup bronco
Crew Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknic View Post
Not correct. If Houston won, they would have clinched the first seed. Since NE won as well today, it is impossible for the Broncos to clinch the second seed this week. The Houston loss still keeps the first seed in play though, so the Vikings winning was the preferable outcome.
If NE loses that game, they are two games behind Denver coming into today.
winstoncup bronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:03 PM   #23
Bacchus

I love this team.
Old 12-23-2012, 04:04 PM   #24
Bacchus

The Peyton Triangle is dominating once again.

Wow I must really be drunk because I thought AGAIN I was posting int he gamedfay thread....... at least I'm not driving!!

GO BRONCOS!!
Old 12-23-2012, 04:18 PM   #25
NASurfer
orange/blue

Hungry Playmaker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:

So, it does appear that Indy could be playing to hold onto their #5 seed with a loss potentially resulting in a #6 seed. This is also assuming that Baltimore wins the AFC North. Baltimore is currently up 17-7 over the NYGiants. If the Giants make a comeback, I will go through the tiebreaking procedures to see if Baltimore can potentially slip behind Indy to a #4 seed.
Nice research. They'll be basically playing to choose their opponent. They could just give their starters a rest and take their bye now, but if they fear New England that badly they could play to avoid them and take on the AFC North winner instead.
NASurfer is offline   Reply With Quote