The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-23-2012, 01:33 AM   #51
KO5K

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
You really believe Harvin will play for the Jags if Tebow is the QB,Not!
Tebow and Harvin make a lot of sense together, they had a lot of success in college...
Old 12-23-2012, 02:49 AM   #52
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armchair Bronco View Post
The summary on NFL.com alleged that Tebow was given the chance to pick between Jacksonville & New York without any interference from the Broncos front office.

The version I've heard, however, is quite different. Basically, Tebow never really got a chance to weight in and/or his "handlers" made the decision for him.

Which version is correct?
The "confusion" happened because back last April, Tebow played "fast and loose" with the truth by... "telling the white lie" that the Broncos FO were the ones who made the decision (that he wasn't given any choice) where he was going (in a pretty-much-transparent effort to avoid alienating his suitors and fans in Jacksonville).

Going to NYJ was "Team Tebow's" decision.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:33 AM   #53
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho

Blaine Gabbert or Tim Tebow not a joke

Poll: Gabbert or Tebow

http://forum.jaguars.com/index.php?showtopic=705928

Youch for Tebow.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 05:42 AM   #54
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
They had to file an extension to avoid having a black out for the 1st game of the season. The jags have been using loopholes in the blackout rule to avoid blackouts.
Maybe so but im a hockey fan, when I think of ****ty fanbases I think of phoenix, or jersey who play in buildings that are 1/3 empty, having 96% of the seats full doesn't really sound that bad, and even with a bunch of seats tarped over they still get more actual people than the teams I mentioned earlier.
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 05:59 AM   #55
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomServo View Post
and in the NFL, losing games =losing money. watching crap for 48 mins like we did last year is not a good business model. Eveyone cites tebows record when he took over. not many cite his 1-4 and scoring 3 points against the crappy chiefs at ther end of the regular season.
Guess you don't watch Jacksonville. Any move is a good move for that franchise.
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:35 AM   #56
JakeZ01

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomServo View Post
and in the NFL, losing games =losing money. watching crap for 48 mins like we did last year is not a good business model. Eveyone cites tebows record when he took over. not many cite his 1-4 and scoring 3 points against the crappy chiefs at ther end of the regular season.
strange, I see it cited about every five minutes by a crying hater.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:41 AM   #57
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeZ01 View Post
strange, I see it cited about every five minutes by a crying hater.
Stating (accurately) that he was 1-4 down the stretch, losing to the Chiefs at home with three points scored, makes one a "crying hater"?

You should try not to be so emotional. You look silly.
Old 12-23-2012, 09:35 AM   #58
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armchair Bronco View Post
Yep, and 1 year later history repeated itself. Rex Ryan had NO intention of starting Tebow once Sanchez had crapped the bed. God forbid that Tebow should win a game or two, or maybe even lead the Jets to playoff win...or two.

What really amazes me is that Ryan (and to a lesser extent Fox & Elway) was prepared to sacrifice a playoff run just to prove that Tebow *WASN'T* the answer.

All Tebow really needs to go nuts is the promise that he'll be the bona fide starter from Day 1 and that the coaches will play to his strengths. I honestly think that a lot of NFL coaching staffs are afraid of having to learn about the read option simply because it would require them to do something new. They're acting like a bunch of Old School COBOL or C++ programmer faced with new technologies like JSON and JavaScript and are freaking out about having to study up on the New School.

This is absolutely ridiculous. You guys have to lay off that "coaches want to lose on purpose arguement" it makes anything remotely intelligent you say look completely not credible. You're actually saying they'd rather lose and get fired than play a ****ty QB?? These coaches aren't playing him cause he sucks. Not cause they are afraid he will win! This is the kind of thinking that just feeds the haters. Why would a coach want to bring someone in that requires them to DUMB down their team? That offense isn't "new school". That type of offense hides deficiencies of a player.
Old 12-23-2012, 09:44 AM   #59
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Had that idiot McDaniels not been in charge of the Broncos, that's where Tebow would have gone in the first place, somewhere (rightfully) in the third round.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:48 AM   #60
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Had that idiot McDaniels not been in charge of the Broncos, that's where Tebow would have gone in the first place, somewhere (rightfully) in the third round.
Man 2010 draft was a horrible year for QBs. Jags mostly likely wouldve in the mid rounds. Or went with colt McCoy
Old 12-23-2012, 09:51 AM   #61
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesterhole View Post
The problem for Tim is that he has to win the job during training camp and practice, when he looks horrible. No one seems interested in giving him credit for his playing time, so at most, he'll end up a backup again next year.
Amd if you want Tim to succeed it has to be in the read otion offense which means Jacksoville has to either go all in with that offense and bring in a Vince Young type to backup and compete. You cant expect Tim to win a job in a pro.style offense. If Jacksonville wants Tim to start for them then that team has to go all in and bring in another option QB, back up a Brinks truck to MJD house, and bring in a lot of linemen. If he is there for tickets and merch alone then drastic changes aren't necessary
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:54 AM   #62
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Man 2010 draft was a horrible year for QBs. Jags mostly likely wouldve in the mid rounds. Or went with colt McCoy
The 2009 draft especially the 1st round makes me sicker than the Tebow draft did. Just the potential DEFENSIVE players we could have had
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:01 AM   #63
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
Amd if you want Tim to succeed it has to be in the read otion offense which means Jacksoville has to either go all in with that offense and bring in a Vince Young type to backup and compete. You cant expect Tim to win a job in a pro.style offense. If Jacksonville wants Tim to start for them then that team has to go all in and bring in another option QB, back up a Brinks truck to MJD house, and bring in a lot of linemen. If he is there for tickets and merch alone then drastic changes aren't necessary
And you need smaller and more mobile linemen who can run and block all over the field.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:05 AM   #64
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissys

Quote:
This is absolutely ridiculous. You guys have to lay off that "coaches want to lose on purpose arguement" it makes anything remotely intelligent you say look completely not credible. You're actually saying they'd rather lose and get fired than play a ****ty QB?? These coaches aren't playing him cause he sucks. Not cause they are afraid he will win! This is the kind of thinking that just feeds the haters. Why would a coach want to bring someone in that requires them to DUMB down their team? That offense isn't "new school". That type of offense hides deficiencies of a player.
I know you think I was saying that as well but you misunderstand my point, which is if Ryan did start Tebow the last two weeks and he managed to lead his team to 1 or 2 wins what that would do is make Ryan look the fool for not starting Tebow sooner. At this point Ryan want's no part of Tebow because it is a no win situation for him. .
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:07 AM   #65
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

ITZ CONSPEERASEES!

Writes Mike Freeman,
The main takeaways have been that Jets coaches were shocked at how poorly Tebow throws the ball in practice and his lack of accuracy was far worse than they knew. Why his accuracy issues were a shock is in itself a shock. The Jets also are saying privately that Tebow has difficulty digesting more complex offensive schemes and lingo.
Aside from his accuracy issues, Jets officials have privately been telling teams Tebow was too slow to play receiver, too slow to be a running back and doesn't possess the height or athleticism to be a tight end.
There was also the fact that defenses, unlike when Tebow shocked the NFL as a quarterback in Denver, have adapted to how he plays. They've studied enough film on Tebow to know his tendencies. And Tebow is not accurate or fast enough to overcome what those defenses know.
"You can see on film whenever he's in the game, teams just play the run," one scout said.

Old 12-23-2012, 10:14 AM   #66
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
I know you think I was saying that as well but you misunderstand my point, which is if Ryan did start Tebow the last two weeks and he managed to lead his team to 1 or 2 wins what that would do is make Ryan look the fool for not starting Tebow sooner. At this point Ryan want's no part of Tebow because it is a no win situation for him. .
I haven't really seen you go all in on this conspiracy theory. I was just pointing out armchair even bringing our coaching staff into it. Rex has been looking a fool before tebow showed up. He has foot fetish videos. Hes guaranteed SBs every year. He brought in HBO. The last thing on Rex's mind is being worried about the public thinking he's a fool

What if McElroy wins these 2 games? Its still the same fool effect for not starting McElroy.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 12-23-2012 at 10:18 AM..
Old 12-23-2012, 10:20 AM   #67
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Buffalo was gonna draft him(the assumption was they would trade back into the first at pick 30 or so or trade up to #1 in the 2nd), that's why we traded back into the first to get him.
the Bills owner came out later on and was pissed at Denver and said we panicked by trading back into the first and taking him.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:21 AM   #68
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
I s'pose you'll tell me that we traded our leading receiver last year in Week 6 because it's all just about winnin gamez, baby!
Old 12-23-2012, 10:22 AM   #69
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
I haven't really seen you go all in on this conspiracy theory. I was just pointing out armchair even bringing our coaching staff into it. Rex has been looking a fool before tebow showed up. He has foot fetish videos. Hes guaranteed SBs every year. He brought in HBO. The last thing on Rex's mind is being worried about the public thinking he's a fool

What if McElroy wins these 2 games? Its still the same fool effect for not starting McElroy.
not even close to being the same deal. Tebowmania would run wild and engulf Ryan if Tebow did manage to pull that off.
McElroy is just the normal "he should have made the move earlier"
Old 12-23-2012, 10:25 AM   #70
JakeZ01

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
Stating (accurately) that he was 1-4 down the stretch, losing to the Chiefs at home with three points scored, makes one a "crying hater"?

You should try not to be so emotional. You look silly.
I always get emotional when I watch stupid people argue stupidly. it makes me crazy. AS IT SHOULD. its stupid people the ruin the world for the rest of us.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:25 AM   #71
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
I s'pose you'll tell me that we traded our leading receiver last year in Week 6 because it's all just about winnin gamez, baby!
No. We traded him cause he refused to play with a ****ty QB and wanted out. Requesting a trade.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 12-23-2012 at 10:28 AM..
Old 12-23-2012, 10:27 AM   #72
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
I always get emotional when I watch stupid people argue stupidly. it makes me crazy. AS IT SHOULD. its stupid people the ruin the world for the rest of us.
There's that silliness again.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:28 AM   #73
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
No,but I'll tell that pat bowlen has no problems releasing/trading a player if said player expresses that he no longer wants to be part of the team.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:29 AM   #74
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Old 12-23-2012, 10:30 AM   #75
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
No. We traded him cause he refused to play with a ****ty QB and wanted out. Requesting a trade.
Your Ortboner is showing again.