The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-22-2012, 07:07 PM   #26
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulamau View Post
That's about the size of it. What happened last year was largely a miracle of combined serendipity happenings that are very unlikely to repeat again for Tim as a QB in the NFL.

He has the heart, desire and physical strength. .but he is lousy as a pro QB and he would need to top flight defense that can keep the scores close and low while he struggles through the first 55 minutes of every game before he can get it together enough to pull a few of them out.

He was lucky to have Von and Doom. Did you see how the team .. and Tebow .. struggled once Von injured his thumb and his pass rush was significantly impaired? It wasn't evn mostly from the drop off in actual sacks by Von the last 5 games of so of the season, it was all the opportunity for Doom and others that Von's pressure opens up and the hurried confusion in opposing QBs seeing Miller blast through or around a 300lb lineman that we missed after he was injured.

The D suffered and we lost 4 straight and only beat the Steelers in the wild card game due to a rare confluence of the Steeler's being decimated with key injuries and Big Ben totally gimpy and still it took a great play by DT after a decent throw by Tim on a great call by McCoy in overtime to squeak by... But Tim and our Offense was exposed to any really competent and healthy competitive teams by the last month of the season.

The party was over and the same will be true until and unless Tim can also develop some 'real' NFL QB skill as well beyond his college QB spread offense talents. That is the truth.

Its true Rex was a fool (no surprise there!) and didn't even begin to know how to at least get the best from Tim, but Rex too must have seen the fundamental limitations with Tim's game that for all his great heart and character, I'm afraid will prevent him from ever experiencing anything close to the success he had with us again in his football career .. at least in the NFL.

I do wish him the best and think he CAN be a hell of an NFL football player at the right position, and maybe even a Wildcat kind of change of pace or deep red zone QB for some team, but as a full-on starting NFL QB for the long haul Don't hold your breath...
it was fun as hell to watch the come backs but i can never understand why the hell teams played Tebow one way on defense for the right 45-55 mins and then switched it up completely late in the game.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 07:16 PM   #27
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

"Among the NFL's more intriguing questions is: What does the future hold for Tim Tebow? The answer -- for Tebow at least, after several days of interviews with scouts, team executives and others is not a very positive one.

The consensus is that there is only one team likely to want Tebow as a quarterback next year: the Jacksonville Jaguars.

While an ESPN report said Tebow joining Jacksonville -- Tebow's hometown team -- was a "virtual certainty," one team source estimated the chances of that happening at 20 percent. Another official estimated the chances are much higher because owner Shad Khan remains fascinated with Tebow. In fact, I'm told Khan already has broached the idea of bringing Tebow to Jacksonville.

The Jaguars could have massive turnover in the front office and coaching staff, and any new regime likely wouldn't want Tebow. If Khan overrules a new regime and orders them to get Tebow, then Tebow would have a home. Outside of that, it's possible there isn't an NFL team that would pursue Tebow as a quarterback.

There are teams that believe Tebow has a place in the NFL, but mostly as a fullback. The prevailing thought around the league seems to be that Tebow's days as an NFL QB are over.

Tebow has fallen to third on the Jets' depth chart, and New York went to great lengths to avoid using him -- and considering the level to which Mark Sanchez stunk says a great deal about what the Jets think of Tebow.

I've been told teams have been contacting the Jets to inquire about Tebow. Several league sources said the Jets have been truthful with teams about Tebow's positives and negatives.

The main takeaways have been that Jets coaches were shocked at how poorly Tebow throws the ball in practice and his lack of accuracy was far worse than they knew. Why his accuracy issues were a shock is in itself a shock. The Jets also are saying privately that Tebow has difficulty digesting more complex offensive schemes and lingo.

Aside from his accuracy issues, Jets officials have privately been telling teams Tebow was too slow to play receiver, too slow to be a running back and doesn't possess the height or athleticism to be a tight end.

There was also the fact that defenses, unlike when Tebow shocked the NFL as a quarterback in Denver, have adapted to how he plays. They've studied enough film on Tebow to know his tendencies. And Tebow is not accurate or fast enough to overcome what those defenses know.

"You can see on film whenever he's in the game, teams just play the run," one scout said.

This is completely different from how defenses play other running quarterbacks like Colin Kaepernick or Robert Griffin III. They are multi-dimensional, able to combine accuracy with speed. Teams just can't play the run when RG3 is under center.

Indications point to Tebow's unwavering belief that he's an NFL starting QB. He has made a history of proving people wrong going back years. He did help take Denver to the playoffs. He did win national titles in college at Florida. That resolve should not be underestimated.

But Tebow's problem is an equally unwavering belief swirling around the NFL: His days as an NFL quarterback appear to be over"

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/2...e-alone-in-nfl
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 07:23 PM   #28
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
it was fun as hell to watch the come backs but i can never understand why the hell teams played Tebow one way on defense for the right 45-55 mins and then switched it up completely late in the game.
It wasn't them changing the offense at the end of games but the fact that teams would switch to a prevent defense which tebow was able to read better. When the opposing team was in prevent was about the only time during a game that tebow would understand what the defense was doing.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:09 PM   #29
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Did anyone else pick up on Mike Turico hesitating on the Sat night broadcast when he had to read the Tebow headline. He followed the plug with a jab at TT saying "The program will feature players who actually play on Sundays, I hope."

Even the talking heads are sick of the glorified punt protecter.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:27 PM   #30
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..

patiently waiting for beavis, agenoname and now Drek to come in here and shiat on this conspiracy and lies about Tebow's talent and ability to redefine the position
Jekyll15Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:48 PM   #31
BroncoSexyDaddy
Rookie

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jay Cutler

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
. Really the offense could work but needs a WR like Harvin to realy pull it off.
You really believe Harvin will play for the Jags if Tebow is the QB,Not!
BroncoSexyDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:57 PM   #32
Armchair Bronco

The summary on NFL.com alleged that Tebow was given the chance to pick between Jacksonville & New York without any interference from the Broncos front office.

The version I've heard, however, is quite different. Basically, Tebow never really got a chance to weight in and/or his "handlers" made the decision for him.

Which version is correct?
Old 12-22-2012, 08:59 PM   #33
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armchair Bronco View Post
The summary on NFL.com alleged that Tebow was given the chance to pick between Jacksonville & New York without any interference from the Broncos front office.

The version I've heard, however, is quite different. Basically, Tebow never really got a chance to weight in and/or his "handlers" made the decision for him.

Which version is correct?
I would go with the one Tebow said himself. There's plenty of proof of him choosing the jets over the jags. It's been hashed out and squashed all over this site.

What sense would be if the broncos just decided to take the less value of the 2 trades? Tebow wanted the jets

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 12-22-2012 at 09:03 PM..
Old 12-22-2012, 09:01 PM   #34
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

Smart business decision and the NFL is a business.
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:03 PM   #35
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
I. HATE. THE. OFFSEASON!

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

Did you hear that? Its the sound of all the fake a$$ jets fan hearding themselves off the ganggreen board onto the jags board.
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:08 PM   #36
Drunken.Broncoholic

Seems to me he's become a joke now. Clearly we saw the coaching staff wanted No part of Tebow, rather jets ownership wanted him. I see the same thing happening with the Jags. Tebow got the feeling the jags coaching staff didnt want him as much when the first trade happened. Yet the Jags owner wanted him. It's a business alright in the ownerships eyes. There's no way I see mularkey and Olsen wanting Tebow. Just Kahn
Old 12-22-2012, 09:19 PM   #37
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightysmurf View Post
Problem is, Tim wont ever to be able to come back from 21+ point deficits without an elite WR, and no elite WR is going to sign on with Tim are the starting QB. That's why a Tebow-led team will never be a Super Bowl contender.
I'd say Blackmon has as much upside as DT ever did. They may already have the answer.
Old 12-22-2012, 09:27 PM   #38
Armchair Bronco

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
I'd say Blackmon has as much upside as DT ever did. They may already have the answer.
Good point.
Old 12-22-2012, 11:02 PM   #39
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
me either you would have to go for ones out of the draft as much as possible. Really though you may only need to carry 3-4 WR but then extra rbs and TE's even maybe. Really the offense could work but needs a WR like Harvin to realy pull it off.

Look at the skins though. The throw deep out of that piston read option formation and rg3 only has 2 passing options on those plays. Usually a short/medium or a short/slong type situation.

I was laughing at how Jets used Tebow the other night. They wanted him to look bad. The Jets are the biggest bunch of turd coaches ever assembled. Ryan is a joke now. His defensive front are pretty awesome but his overall personality for running a team is a joke.
Does anyone really think last year they did not throw him in to do anything but quiet the crowd and cancel the billboards.

They expected him to fail. When he did not they were stuck and had to redesign the offense to his strengths.
There is little doubt in my mind that they had every intention of Quinn finishing out the season once Tebow lost a game or two. But the Tebow raised all boats and they were stuck.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:17 PM   #40
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
Did you hear that? Its the sound of all the fake a$$ jets fan hearding themselves off the ganggreen board onto the jags board.
what's even funnier are the Tebow fans who have #15 Gators, Broncos, and Jets jerseys now having to buy yet another #15 jersey.....
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:24 PM   #41
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Good for him. I don't care if he succeeds or not, he's no longer a Bronco. But it would be cool to at least see the guy have a full season or 2 to see if he can make it as a QB in this league. I have my doubts but would be fun to watch.

Maybe I'll visit a jags forum and give somebody my avatar.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:38 PM   #42
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
wrong

Blackmon is a possession receiver

He is not the physical freak DT is

on top of that Blackmon is a drunk like DJ
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:40 PM   #43
Armchair Bronco

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
Does anyone really think last year they did not throw him in to do anything but quiet the crowd and cancel the billboards.

They expected him to fail. When he did not they were stuck and had to redesign the offense to his strengths.
There is little doubt in my mind that they had every intention of Quinn finishing out the season once Tebow lost a game or two. But the Tebow raised all boats and they were stuck.
Yep, and 1 year later history repeated itself. Rex Ryan had NO intention of starting Tebow once Sanchez had crapped the bed. God forbid that Tebow should win a game or two, or maybe even lead the Jets to playoff win...or two.

What really amazes me is that Ryan (and to a lesser extent Fox & Elway) was prepared to sacrifice a playoff run just to prove that Tebow *WASN'T* the answer.

All Tebow really needs to go nuts is the promise that he'll be the bona fide starter from Day 1 and that the coaches will play to his strengths. I honestly think that a lot of NFL coaching staffs are afraid of having to learn about the read option simply because it would require them to do something new. They're acting like a bunch of Old School COBOL or C++ programmer faced with new technologies like JSON and JavaScript and are freaking out about having to study up on the New School.
Old 12-22-2012, 11:44 PM   #44
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armchair Bronco View Post
Yep, and 1 year later history repeated itself. Rex Ryan had NO intention of starting Tebow once Sanchez had crapped the bed. God forbid that Tebow should win a game or two, or maybe even lead the Jets to playoff win...or two.

What really amazes me is that Ryan (and to a lesser extent Fox & Elway) was prepared to sacrifice a playoff run just to prove that Tebow *WASN'T* the answer.

All Tebow really needs to go nuts is the promise that he'll be the bona fide starter from Day 1 and that the coaches will play to his strengths. I honestly think that a lot of NFL coaching staffs are afraid of having to learn about the read option simply because it would require them to do something new. They're acting like a bunch of Old School COBOL or C++ programmer faced with new technologies like JSON and JavaScript and freaking out.
I'm not sure if he will ever be pocket passing QB that everyone believes you have to be..

I do believe that IF he is coached he will get better at it.. good enough to keep the defenses honest..

he will have to have a damned good OL in front of him but hey in order to win in the NFL you need to have a good OL..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:45 PM   #45
KipCorrington25
Free Safety

It will be hilarious to watch McElroy piss down his leg and them try to justify it.

I'm neutral in the whole thing, I don't care either way what tebow does but it's funny to observe from a distance.
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 12:00 AM   #46
Armchair Bronco

Quote:
Originally Posted by KipCorrington25 View Post
It will be hilarious to watch McElroy piss down his leg and them try to justify it.

I'm neutral in the whole thing, I don't care either way what tebow does but it's funny to observe from a distance.
I hope the Jets and the rest of the Rex Ryan Clown Show gets schooled by San Diego and the Buffalo. It would be a fitting end to the Rex Ryan era.

Old 12-23-2012, 12:45 AM   #47
ThirtyDegrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightysmurf View Post
Problem is, Tim wont ever to be able to come back from 21+ point deficits without an elite WR, and no elite WR is going to sign on with Tim are the starting QB. That's why a Tebow-led team will never be a Super Bowl contender.
Because Super Bowl contending teams are regularly facing 21 point deficits right?

Quite possibly the dumbest post in this thread.
Old 12-23-2012, 12:47 AM   #48
ThirtyDegrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
Maybe because that's not what was happening.
Old 12-23-2012, 01:12 AM   #49
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
I. HATE. THE. OFFSEASON!

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
what's even funnier are the Tebow fans who have #15 Gators, Broncos, and Jets jerseys now having to buy yet another #15 jersey.....
Maybe instead of buying jersey's. They should collect badges and a shash like in boy scouts.
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:19 AM   #50
TomServo
Ring of Famer

Dancing is Forbidden!

Quote:
Smart business decision and the NFL is a business.
and in the NFL, losing games =losing money. watching crap for 48 mins like we did last year is not a good business model. Eveyone cites tebows record when he took over. not many cite his 1-4 and scoring 3 points against the crappy chiefs at ther end of the regular season.
TomServo is offline   Reply With Quote