The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2012, 02:57 PM   #201
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbackfactory80 View Post
Hi, I'm Denver Broncos Fan. I hate Tebow because he helped turn around a dog**** team and win our first playoff game in 7 years and make a season that was completely lost, fun again.

I hope he fails miserably in all his travels.
It's ***in pathetic isn't it. I just don't get the hate for the guy. I would have to call it a true mystery in human behavior.

Hey posters in 25 words or less why do you hate the guy?

and don't say you don't hate him because if you did not hate him you would not mind taking a flier on him at another position.

and don't say it is the circus he brings because if he is not a qb the circus goes away.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 02:58 PM   #202
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
See, the difference between you and me was I was happy in the playoffs last year, and I will be this year also. Sucks to only be a fan of a team completely on your terms. Sounds kind of control freaky.
The fact that you called the team DOG **** is the major difference between you and me. Last years team was a 10 plus win team with a good QB. Instead we had Orton and Tebow. The fact that you think I should like Tebow for every reasons you do sounds like you are the one with the control issues.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 03:00 PM   #203
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
It's ***in pathetic isn't it. I just don't get the hate for the guy. I would have to call it a true mystery in human behavior.

and don't say you don't hate him because if you did not hate him you would not mind taking a flier on him at another position.

and don't say it is the circus he brings because if he is not a qb the circus goes away.
Hey in 25 words or less tell us why you quit on the team because they traded Tebow.
Old 12-21-2012, 03:01 PM   #204
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
In sports there are some people who hate players/teams just for the hate of them. Then there are some who hate teams/players because of obnoxious fans of those teams/players. Lakers are an example of that. The hate for tebow would be alot less if the ridiculous fans would just shut up about this fantasy future. Quit blaming everything around him and making excuses. There were excuses for every ****ty QB that ended up sucking in the NFL.
Yeah but both sides just breed more hate. It has less to do with Tebow at this point than about other ridiculous reasons. For that matter how many quarterbacks coming off a a playoff win get judged the way he was? Just wasn't the time.

I'm just appreciative of what he helped this team do. Playoff wins aren't a regular occurrence in Denver as of late. I'm thankful and happy of where we are now.
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 03:02 PM   #205
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Hey in 25 words or less tell us why you quit on the team because they traded Tebow.
I can tell you in two words;

I didn't.
Old 12-21-2012, 03:03 PM   #206
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
I can tell you in two words;

I didn't.
Really because in words you said you would.
Old 12-21-2012, 03:04 PM   #207
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

Quote:
The fact that you called the team DOG **** is the major difference between you and me. Last years team was a 10 plus win team with a good QB. Instead we had Orton and Tebow. The fact that you think I should like Tebow for every reasons you do sounds like you are the one with the control issues.
I'm fine with it but you turn every thread into this. What are you trying to prove?
Old 12-21-2012, 03:05 PM   #208
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:

Why can't you guys understand its not tebow. It's his fans. Teboners always ask, why do you hate the guy? Without even knowing what the hate is directed at. When I had clowns tell me fox and McCoy were purposely sabatoging tebow or Elway was "jealous" of tebow, then that's gonna get slapped in the face. Saying the Oline sucks. WRs suck. Coaches suck. Ownership sucks. Refs suck. The equipment sucks. That kind of obnoxious **** is not a good look.
Old 12-21-2012, 03:07 PM   #209
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Really because in words you said you would.
OK just pretend I'm not here than.

Hope that helps you.
Old 12-21-2012, 03:10 PM   #210
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
The Tebow wasn't happy being a situational player and will demand a trade/release in the offseason.
That whole "demanding a trade/release" thing only ends well for players that other teams want/are willing to trade something of value for...
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 03:10 PM   #211
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
I'm fine with it but you turn every thread into this. What are you trying to prove?
I have more posts in this thread about Jay Cutler then I do Tebow.
Old 12-21-2012, 03:12 PM   #212
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Yeah but both sides just breed more hate. It has less to do with Tebow at this point than about other ridiculous reasons. For that matter how many quarterbacks coming off a a playoff win get judged the way he was? Just wasn't the time.

I'm just appreciative of what he helped this team do. Playoff wins aren't a regular occurrence in Denver as of late. I'm thankful and happy of where we are now.
I think had MacGruder KOSK JHNS and some of the other instigators who bashed anyone who didnt think tebow was a legit starter were not around back then, the tension on this board wouldn't be as bad. I get that it gets old from the other sides point of view, there are alot who liked him but have moved on. And this kind of discussion gets on their nerves. I understand that. It's gonna die down soon enough. The thing that would make the haters shut up is tebow actually playing like a legit starter. IMO that won't happen.
Old 12-21-2012, 03:18 PM   #213
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

I call for a ceasefire
Old 12-21-2012, 03:20 PM   #214
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:

And THAT is exactly why I don't want Tebow back. Everybody gets turned into lovers and haters, with no gray area, as if we were all on the kindergarten playground.

Like I said, the GOAT took a good look at him and said, "No thanks." I'll go with that.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 03:38 PM   #215
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
Ok, prove it.

Tim Tebow in college never had a season below a 64.4% completion rate and that was the year with his fewest pass attempts (298). His final season he completed 67.8% of his passes, on 314 attempts. That's more passes than a lot of rookie QBs make in a 16 game rookie season, so it's not that his college offense reduced his attempts via having him tuck and run repeatedly..
I'll just bring up his profile of strength and weaknesses coming from HS to college and college to the pros and compare it to what we know now. 65% in college is very average really especially in a Meyer system.

HS

"Brings big-time athletic ability to the table for a quarterback prospect. Has a strong arm and above average speed and elusiveness. Showed positive leadership ability in quarterbacking his team to the state title as a high school senior. Physical enough player to also play linebacker or fullback should quarterback not work out. Needs to work on accuracy, touch, and gain a better grasp of the fundamentals of the passing game. "

College

Weaknesses
Tebow really struggles with his accuracy. Release is far to slow to fit balls into spots against NFL defensive backs. Release point and mechanics (elongated, wind-mill delivery which comes out too low) likely need to be altered. Was not asked to run through pro-style progressions and struggled reading defenses, especially those with NFL concepts, in college.

PROS

Same freaking scouting report would work. Just because someone doesn't think he can be a NFL starting QB doesn't mean he is being hated on. This is like my good friend that thinks he will be a pro golfer and he has been trying for years and only shoots par to one or two below. It's not going to happen and sometimes you just have to admit to it. The sooner Tebow realizes he is a FB the better for him.
Old 12-21-2012, 03:49 PM   #216
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
And THAT is exactly why I don't want Tebow back. Everybody gets turned into lovers and haters, with no gray area, as if we were all on the kindergarten playground.

Like I said, the GOAT took a good look at him and said, "No thanks." I'll go with that.
He said no thanks on Tebow the QB, we don't know what he thinks about Tebow the fullback/tight end/ linebacker.
Old 12-21-2012, 03:51 PM   #217
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

OK let's change this a bit. Let's say the Jets outright release Tebow and every other team passes on him would you like the Broncos to bring him for a look?
Old 12-21-2012, 03:54 PM   #218
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
I'll just bring up his profile of strength and weaknesses coming from HS to college and college to the pros and compare it to what we know now. 65% in college is very average really especially in a Meyer system.
Brock's 60.6% sends his regards. Peyton's 62.5% would also like a mention.
Old 12-21-2012, 03:56 PM   #219
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

i love me some tebow, but unfortunately we wont be seeing him again.

I wish him all the best and a chance to play QB. He (and the Defense) played great last year, and I wont forget that magical season for a looong time
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 03:57 PM   #220
BroncoBeavis

Drew Brees ... 61.2%
Aaron Rodgers 63.8%
Tom Brady 62.3%
Eli Manning 60.8%

etc etc

Oh, and Timmy was 66.4%, inaccurate bastard that he was.

Last edited by BroncoBeavis; 12-21-2012 at 04:01 PM..
Old 12-21-2012, 04:00 PM   #221
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Hi, I'm Denver Broncos Fan. I see Tebow for what he really is even though he helped turn around a dog**** team and win our first playoff game in 7 years and make a season that was completely lost, fun again.

I just don't think the guy has what it takes to make it at this level, and since Baja started this stupid ****ing thread about him, I think I'll comment..
Fixed your post. You're welcome.
Old 12-21-2012, 04:01 PM   #222
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Says the guy claiming anyone questioning his abilities "hates" him. Good show.
Old 12-21-2012, 04:01 PM   #223
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Drew Brees ... 61.2%
Aaron Rodgers 63.8%
Tom Brady 62.3%
Eli Manning 60.8%

etc etc
Difference is these QBs had the skills to overcome the NFL hump. I see nothing in Tebows game that these players possesed. That's the thing the lovers don't understand. They keep comparing him to players who actually had basic fundamentals. Tebow still has a hard time dropping back!

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 12-21-2012 at 04:04 PM..
Old 12-21-2012, 04:04 PM   #224
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
OK let's change this a bit. Let's say the Jets outright release Tebow and every other team passes on him would you like the Broncos to bring him for a look?
No.

No more circus. I know, I know "it wouldn't be a circus though!" Bull****. The circus follows him, regardless. He's a ****ing punt protector this year, and there's a circus, and it's been there since training camp.

No thank you.
Old 12-21-2012, 04:04 PM   #225
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
Says the guy claiming anyone questioning his abilities "hates" him. Good show.

Sure I have said that. You are the guy that still has orton's meat in your mouth.

Teko taking butthurt to a new level. Let it go, Orton isn't coming back.