The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2012, 10:19 PM   #26
canadianbroncosfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Top threads on the OM front page;

TEBOW picked New York
wolf754life
12-20-2012 09:26 AM
by BroncoBeavis
13 312

OT - Thoughts on the anniversary of Apollo 17
broncosteven
12-20-2012 09:24 AM
by Rohirrim
12 104

Poll: Does Shanahan make it through the season? ( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last Page)
IHaveALight
12-20-2012 09:23 AM
by baja
235 5,284

If McCoy gets a Head Coaching job in 2013 ( 1 2)
eddie mac
12-20-2012 09:19 AM
by Mountain Bronco
34 658

Jets new starting QB is..... ( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last Page)
LittleFloyd
by baja
176 2,777

Which season are you enjoying more? Tebowmania or the PeytonDominatio
Umm didn't you start two of these threads baja?
Old 12-20-2012, 10:20 PM   #27
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

If Denver has red zone problems and Prater continues to miss FGs and the waterbug muffs a punt or two and Ramirez gets overpowered and Moreno starts losing shoes again while Decker trips over the turf and Thomas fumbles away a ball or two on the way to the EZ and the secondary gets popped for a couple interference calls and it just turns out to be one of those days, then that would really suck.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:23 PM   #28
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissys

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbroncosfan View Post
Umm didn't you start two of these threads baja?
No I didn't start any of them. The author is right there within the quote.

I did start a really good thought provoking Tebow thread though. Did you see it?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:25 PM   #29
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
If Denver has red zone problems and Prater continues to miss FGs and the waterbug muffs a punt or two and Ramirez gets overpowered and Moreno starts losing shoes again while Decker trips over the turf and Thomas fumbles away a ball or two on the way to the EZ and the secondary gets popped for a couple interference calls and it just turns out to be one of those days, then that would really suck.
A plausible thus scary scenario

We do seem to be a team of destiny though. All the pieces coming together at just the right time.

Losing this game would not be the end of the world (pun intended) It may be part of a storied season.

Denver drops a game they were supposed to win, loses the 2 seed but goes on with renewed determination to win the next four and became the 2012 world champs

Last edited by baja; 12-20-2012 at 10:33 PM..
Old 12-20-2012, 11:50 PM   #30
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
I think you are right. No way Manning or Fox or any of the vets will allow anyone to over look these games. You gotta know Champ is highly focused.
While I get your thought process. Trap games happen because some moke throws a couple of picks, or puts the ball on the ground.
Or for that matter allow lousy teams to stay in games everyone knows they have no chance in.

I have seen many games when we were on the other side and all we had to play for was keeping the chefs or OAK out of the playoffs. We were inspired those games and beat them.

I know that the veteran leaders KNOW what can happen but it take a couple of kiddies (less than 5 years) to be complacent and we lose a game or 2.
How many times has holiday out the ball on the ground this year.

Instead of playing tough D and wanting glory Harris goes for the ball and a pick six and it goes the other way.

Both of these teams can play tough D, will our young WR actually make those catches or KM getting the yards Manning needs to keep the D honest.

This is going on 53 years of breathing Broncos ball, most of which were not this great.

I will have a case of foreboding until we are in the Super Bowl.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:00 AM   #31
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissys

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
While I get your thought process. Trap games happen because some moke throws a couple of picks, or puts the ball on the ground.
Or for that matter allow lousy teams to stay in games everyone knows they have no chance in.

I have seen many games when we were on the other side and all we had to play for was keeping the chefs or OAK out of the playoffs. We were inspired those games and beat them.

I know that the veteran leaders KNOW what can happen but it take a couple of kiddies (less than 5 years) to be complacent and we lose a game or 2.
How many times has holiday out the ball on the ground this year.

Instead of playing tough D and wanting glory Harris goes for the ball and a pick six and it goes the other way.

Both of these teams can play tough D, will our young WR actually make those catches or KM getting the yards Manning needs to keep the D honest.

This is going on 53 years of breathing Broncos ball, most of which were not this great.

I will have a case of foreboding until we are in the Super Bowl.
I think we all do but it is a matter of degrees. This team seems less susceptible to a trap game that any is several seasons.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:08 AM   #32
Bacchus

Quote:
Top threads on the OM front page;

TEBOW picked New York
wolf754life
12-20-2012 09:26 AM
by BroncoBeavis
13 312

OT - Thoughts on the anniversary of Apollo 17
broncosteven
12-20-2012 09:24 AM
by Rohirrim
12 104

Poll: Does Shanahan make it through the season? ( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last Page)
IHaveALight
12-20-2012 09:23 AM
by baja
235 5,284

If McCoy gets a Head Coaching job in 2013 ( 1 2)
eddie mac
by Mountain Bronco
34 658

Jets new starting QB is..... ( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last Page)
LittleFloyd
by baja
176 2,777

Which season are you enjoying more? Tebowmania or the PeytonDominatio

Slow week I guess, I can understand that as I get easily bored at night which usually leads me to getting banned.
Old 12-21-2012, 01:12 AM   #33
ol#7

Quote:
I think we all do but it is a matter of degrees. This team seems less susceptible to a trap game that any is several seasons.
The thing is, neither the Browns nor Queefs have any teeth. Usually for a trap game scenario to take place, you need to get an opponent that has underachieved but still has some weapons. The Brownies have a tough Defense, but outside of Richardson, have no offense. KC has a couple more offensive weapons but still lousy QB play. Denver should put both these teams to bed in the 1st half.
Old 12-21-2012, 01:27 AM   #34
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ol#7 View Post
The thing is, neither the Browns nor Queefs have any teeth. Usually for a trap game scenario to take place, you need to get an opponent that has underachieved but still has some weapons. The Brownies have a tough Defense, but outside of Richardson, have no offense. KC has a couple more offensive weapons but still lousy QB play. Denver should put both these teams to bed in the 1st half.
Denver beat KC 17-98 just a couple of weeks ago. The game might not go as easy as you think. The Browns have already beaten the Chuggers, Chiefs and Faiders, they might not go so easily as well.
Old 12-21-2012, 04:48 AM   #35
canadianbroncosfan

Quote:
No I didn't start any of them. The author is right there within the quote.

I did start a really good thought provoking Tebow thread though. Did you see it?
My bad, thought the names I had bolded were the authors.

And yes I did see your Tebow thread.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:27 AM   #36
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Denver beat KC 17-98 just a couple of weeks ago. The game might not go as easy as you think. The Browns have already beaten the Chuggers, Chiefs and Faiders, they might not go so easily as well.
Division games are always tough , but KC will be closing out a season they want to forget, and can lock the #1 pick by losing. And they don't have enough weapons to be competitve agaisnt our D.

Browns have beaten everryone else in the division...but so have we. They could give us an interesting game, but unless Our guys get stupid and turn it over a LOT , we should be able to win going away. Again, not enough weapons to score much.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 07:32 AM   #37
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Since every moment is lost forever, and each moment is unique, isn't it always the end of the world as we know it?
Not when this is your life:

Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote