The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2012, 12:03 PM   #51
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

What do you mean back? Was he ever a Bronco before. I do not recall.
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:11 PM   #52
Mile High Salute

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
to play any position the Broncos asked of him?

Maybe MLB or TE?

Does that answer your question??
Old 12-20-2012, 12:13 PM   #53
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Yeah, I'm just going to leave this here...

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/prim...s-me-look-good

How different it is blocking for Peyton Manning as opposed to Tim Tebow:

“One of the differences is pretty obvious. Peyton Manning just gets rid of the ball a little faster. That definitely helps out the offensive line. Also with Peyton you know the spot he is going to be in for the most part. With Tebow it was kind of up in the air as to where he was going to be.”
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:38 PM   #54
Drunken.Broncoholic

Jets reporting they want the circus to move their pathetic tents to another town.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:40 PM   #55
Mile High Salute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
One more thing that I am just going to throw out there.

Tebow's completion % this year = 75%
Peyton's competion % this year = 67.9%

I don't know about the rest of you; but in my world, 75 is a higher number than 67.9.

That's all I'm saying.
Mohamed Sanu of the Cleveland Browns has a 100% completion percentage. Does that mean he's a better QB than Manning??

(Come on people, THINK! )
Old 12-20-2012, 12:44 PM   #56
StugotsIII
O-H

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Your Mom

Quote:

Maybe MLB or TE?
He's never in his life played MLBer or TE....

Soooo......no.

Why on Earth would Denver want him back? Elway did a masterful job of getting rid of him.
StugotsIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:45 PM   #57
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:

I don't know about the rest of you; but in my world, 75 is a higher number than 67.9.

That's all I'm saying.
Hey Beavis is this what your talking about?

I don't know if this post is serious or not, but I'm pretty confident it could land in the top 10 all time most idiotic absurd logically pathetic post in the history of the OM.

Edit: im sure this was a sarcastic post. Which propels it into a pretty good baiting post

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 12-20-2012 at 12:51 PM..
Old 12-20-2012, 12:48 PM   #58
DENVERDUI55

Quote:

That's all I'm saying.
Hookline and sinker all the way up to the reel. I can't believe how many people think you are serious.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:50 PM   #59
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Hookline and sinker all the way up to the reel. I can't believe how many people think you are serious.
Ha I got it now.

Sad thing is the lovers think the haters use this kind of small window frame logic all the time.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:53 PM   #60
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post

The funny thing is that I posted that with no intention of trolling anyone. I figured it would get a small laugh, and that was about it. Right after I posted it, I started working on a little project, and forgot about my post. I come back an hour later, and there are all the responses. Honestly, I feel kind of bad.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:59 PM   #61
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Hey Beavis is this what your talking about?

I don't know if this post is serious or not, but I'm pretty confident it could land in the top 10 all time most idiotic absurd logically pathetic post in the history of the OM.

Edit: im sure this was a sarcastic post. Which propels it into a pretty good baiting post
You got double Trolled. By the thread and post.
Old 12-20-2012, 01:04 PM   #62
BroncsRule
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Most of the Teboners now either pretend they weren't ever Teboners or are in hiding.
Meh. I was a "Teboner" last year, during the Streak.

Remember the Streak?

I'm sure not hiding. Or pretending I wasn't in Timmah's corner last year.

Thing is, 'Teboners" came in several flavors:

- the "Super Teboner": either a) a Gator fan who ported over to Bronco Nation in the spring of '10, or b) some flavor of hyper Christian, falling into the sin of idolatry.

These "Super Teboner" "fans" really fit the definition: "fanattics". They were (and are) the noisy minority, the ones that can still be heard chanting "Tebow.. Tebow!!" in the background of Jets telecasts.. They'll never go away, but they're really quite harmless..

- the majority of us "Teboners" were pessimistically optimistic, and "bought in" as the Streak lumbered into it's second month. At the end of the day, the kid just kept on finding a way. Hi teammates bought in, the vast majority of Bronco Nation bought in.

It was fun.

Last edited by BroncsRule; 12-20-2012 at 01:12 PM..
BroncsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:09 PM   #63
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyjbath View Post
Does Skip Bayless have a few troll accounts on the mane? It sure seems like it...
Me or Dom? You lurk but do you really know Dom? I say not that you would actually think that he was serious about comparing "Payton" Manning's accuracy to Tebow's accuracy numbers for this season. Even if you didn't know Dom, good chance he is throwing some sarcasm on the post and best not to respond or play along. You did neither.

Sarcasm. Find it on the Mane.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:13 PM   #64
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Tebow has no place here, but he would fit better as a back up in a place that already runs a version of the zone read, such as Seattle or 49ers, just to name two off the top of my head.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:22 PM   #65
Drek
Ring of Famer

I still think we should have kept Tebow over the paltry pick return we got for him.

Never drafting Osweiler would have let us take Lavonte David or Rueben Randle, both could have immediately helped the "Go for it now" mode Broncos far more than Osweiler.

Also, I think if approached with a realistic road map for his future where he studies behind Manning for 2-3 seasons while being groomed and seeing action on the field as a FB/HB/H-back super utility power back he would have been amenable to it. The Tebow cult likely also shuts up after he scores a few touchdowns from a traditional RB role, racking up some nice yardage along the way.

If in 2-3 years when Manning gets done his passing has matured appropriately he's the guy, if not you sit him back down and explain that he's still not where he needs to be and can either transition over to being a ball carrier full time or the Broncos will release him form his contract/let him walk as a FA.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:24 PM   #66
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

Quote:

Maybe MLB or TE?
And bring MacGruber back too? Hell to the NO!
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:34 PM   #67
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Me or Dom? You lurk but do you really know Dom? I say not that you would actually think that he was serious about comparing "Payton" Manning's accuracy to Tebow's accuracy numbers for this season. Even if you didn't know Dom, good chance he is throwing some sarcasm on the post and best not to respond or play along. You did neither.

Sarcasm. Find it on the Mane.
Has Dom ever posted anything serious?
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:35 PM   #68
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
I still think we should have kept Tebow over the paltry pick return we got for him.
Never drafting Osweiler would have let us take Lavonte David or Rueben Randle, both could have immediately helped the "Go for it now" mode Broncos far more than Osweiler.

Also, I think if approached with a realistic road map for his future where he studies behind Manning for 2-3 seasons while being groomed and seeing action on the field as a FB/HB/H-back super utility power back he would have been amenable to it. The Tebow cult likely also shuts up after he scores a few touchdowns from a traditional RB role, racking up some nice yardage along the way.

If in 2-3 years when Manning gets done his passing has matured appropriately he's the guy, if not you sit him back down and explain that he's still not where he needs to be and can either transition over to being a ball carrier full time or the Broncos will release him form his contract/let him walk as a FA.
Absolutely not
Not sure what will come of the center we drafted, but Danny Trevathan(used the 6th on him from the Tebow trade) will be a much superior player

Dude is a gamer and a steal from the 6th

Ill take a stud ST and nickel backer over a fullback/widlcat qb all day and twice on sunday
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:40 PM   #69
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Who wants cancer back?
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:43 PM   #70
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Has Dom ever posted anything serious?
Watch what you say, commie! I'll cut you! Come on! Come at me, bro!
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:52 PM   #71
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Watch what you say, commie! I'll cut you! Come on! Come at me, bro!
Ha. I'm like a ninja. You won't even see it coming.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 03:38 PM   #72
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Interesting responses

My take is I would like to take Tebow back IF he would devote himself to playing a position decided by the coaches with the same fervor he has approached playing QB but not for the Jets 4th & 6th round picks. The man is a football player. Considered by many the best collage football player ever. I think all of you that think the idea of him coming in for cheap is ridiculous are shallow thinkers with a herd mentality. Drek was the only one to see the value of the opportunity.

If you really think there would be a circus after Tebow announced he was switching positions and we have Peyton F'n Manning at quarter back you are a bunch of dim bulbs.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 03:40 PM   #73
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
HELL NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
This
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 03:43 PM   #74
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post

I still don't see a reason in your post to have kept Tebow. Because we didn't make those hind sight picks still does not quantify keeping Tebow. Nothing does.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 03:50 PM   #75
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Interesting responses

My take is I would like to take Tebow back IF he would devote himself to playing a position decided by the coaches with the same fervor he has approached playing QB but not for the Jets 4th & 6th round picks. The man is a football player. Considered by many the best collage football player ever. I think all of you that think the idea of him coming in for cheap is ridiculous are shallow thinkers with a herd mentality. Drek was the only one to see the value of the opportunity.

If you really think there would be a circus after Tebow announced he was switching positions and we have Peyton F'n Manning at quarter back you are a bunch of dim bulbs.
And if you think Tebow would renounce his position as a quarterback, you have learned nothing from history. He's shown zero sign that he would ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, EVER do that, or even consider doing it.

"I know in my heart, I'm a quarterback."

We know from the film that you're not.