The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Is Shanahan going to make it through the season?
Yes 61 83.56%
No 8 10.96%
It's Griese's fault 12 16.44%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-17-2012, 03:31 PM   #226
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
Then take those wins and imagine that it's oposite day. Then how many does he have big shot?
Take Away those hall of famers from Belicheck and Lombardi and how many wins do they have?!

They can't win when it counts! (disregard super bowl titles)
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 03:45 PM   #227
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post

Dumbest sentence I've ever read.
God damn that GIF rocks. REP.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 03:57 PM   #228
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Dumbest sentence I've ever read.

Since the other HOF players seemed to confuse you. Let me be more specific..

Factor out the HOF QB. And how many playoff wins does he have.

ONE

There, is that easier.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:03 PM   #229
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinBronco View Post
Whatever you are the biggest instigator on this board. I don't need to prove
jack **** to retarded, dense individuals.

Of course I'm going to call out SoCal when he goes out of his way to attack me. Now I'll be sure to include you with your butt buddy.

I'm done with this shanahan subject, we will see what happens but I'll be here piling on both of you since you two are deciding to douche it up. You deserve it after attacking me for no reason
I'm the biggest instigator? Really/ What did I saw that wasn't true? Socal is not my butt buddy I hardly know him. Cali-john is my butt buddy!! He has a dog that looks like a furry penis!!!
Old 12-17-2012, 04:04 PM   #230
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Take Away those hall of famers from Belicheck and Lombardi and how many wins do they have?!

They can't win when it counts! (disregard super bowl titles)
Do you really think that John was not a HOF QB before mikey came to town?

How about Brady under any other HC does he become a HOF player?

Same goes for Bart star.

They IMO were HOF coaches. They created their teams from the ground up they did not inherit all of their HOF players.

Mikey won ONE post season game without JOHN.

I doubt that he can win another one without him. Time will tell.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:09 PM   #231
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
Do you really think that John was not a HOF QB before mikey came to town?

How about Brady under any other HC does he become a HOF player?

Same goes for Bart star.

They IMO were HOF coaches. They created their teams from the ground up they did not inherit all of their HOF players.

Mikey won ONE post season game without JOHN.

I doubt that he can win another one without him. Time will tell.
Actually John was not a HOF QB before Shanahan came to town as his QB coach, and his OC, and one could even argue that his bust was not a sure thing before Shanahan came in as his HC. Shanahan had far more impact on John's NFL development than any single other person.

Let me ask you this, was Belichick a HOF head coach before Brady came to town?
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:42 AM   #232
colonelbeef
Lets be friend

Elway is the new Jerry West

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
Since the other HOF players seemed to confuse you. Let me be more specific..

Factor out the HOF QB. And how many playoff wins does he have.

ONE

There, is that easier.
Bill Belichick has ZERO playoff appearances, let alone wins, without his HOF QB you dumb mother****er!! Haha
colonelbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:16 AM   #233
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer

Ole J

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tony Carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
That is a pretty good analysis. Shanahan spent 6 years after Elway left trying to find a QB then when he got one he was fired two years later. I remember hearing that Elway pissed Shanahan off because he waffled on his retirement and the longer it went the more convinced Shanahan thought he was coming back. When Elway then retired after the draft and after Rich Gannon had already signed with Oakland he was pissed. I guess he wanted Gannon. I wonder how things would have been different wiht Gannon leading the tema for 3 or 4 years after all he did lead Oakland to the SB in 2002.
I remember listening to Nalen talking about how he was for sure Elway would of played another 2-3 years if Shanahan would of stepped down. Nails said Elway didn't like the way Shanahan was so stubborn and it caused conflicts between the two.
I am a big fan of Elway and Shanahan. If it wasn't for Shanahan, Elway would of never go to another superbowl much less winning one. Because of this, I don't think Nalen is correct. Elway has much confidence in Shanahan and his system. However, I don't doubt Shanahan being stubborn, but not to a point where it caused Elway to retire.
SleepingTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:19 AM   #234
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
in fairness though. he has yet to draft a Terry Pierce in Washington.
In all honesty, I was a Terry Pierce fan. For a year or so, anyway. I made up for it by drafting Woodyard in the mock.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:21 AM   #235
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer

Ole J

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tony Carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonelbeef View Post
Bill Belichick has ZERO playoff appearances, let alone wins, without his HOF QB you dumb mother****er!! Haha
I can't recall any coach winning a superbowl without a HOF player or a team full of all pro's. I guess you can argue for the Pittsburg team that won the superbowl several years ago, but I think Palamalu has a very good shot of being HOF. Not only that, Big Ben is one hell of a QB.
SleepingTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:23 AM   #236
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingTiger View Post
I remember listening to Nalen talking about how he was for sure Elway would of played another 2-3 years if Shanahan would of stepped down. Nails said Elway didn't like the way Shanahan was so stubborn and it caused conflicts between the two.
I am a big fan of Elway and Shanahan. If it wasn't for Shanahan, Elway would of never go to another superbowl much less winning one. Because of this, I don't think Nalen is correct. Elway has much confidence in Shanahan and his system. However, I don't doubt Shanahan being stubborn, but not to a point where it caused Elway to retire.
Clearly Elway loves the Broncos and Pat Bowlen, there is a reason he stayed away from Dove Valley until Shanahan left. I would not be surprised if Bowlen consulted with Elway before firing Mike and Elway gave Mike a thumbs down.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:36 AM   #237
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

I'm just glad Bowlen fired Reeves. What was Reeves going to do, bench Elway and start Maddox? WTF?

See? Coaching can make the difference. I never had a problem with Shanahan as a game day coach. Frankly, he's one of the best I've ever seen. It was his Napoleonic tendencies that I didn't like. I mean, who builds a house like that?
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:13 AM   #238
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Clearly Elway loves the Broncos and Pat Bowlen, there is a reason he stayed away from Dove Valley until Shanahan left. I would not be surprised if Bowlen consulted with Elway before firing Mike and Elway gave Mike a thumbs down.
I doubt that if Elway was in on the move, the next move would've been to hand the keys and all FO authority over to kid wonder. Man was that dumb.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:20 PM   #239
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
I can't recall any coach winning a superbowl without a HOF player or a team full of all pro's. I guess you can argue for the Pittsburg team that won the superbowl several years ago, but I think Palamalu has a very good shot of being HOF. Not only that, Big Ben is one hell of a QB.
Ben will be in the HOF.
Old 12-23-2012, 02:00 PM   #240
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Shanny wins again.

Haters gonna hate.
Old 12-23-2012, 02:25 PM   #241
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Shanny wins again.

Haters gonna hate.
You know SoCal, I think he is going to make it through the season, call it a hunch.
Old 12-23-2012, 02:26 PM   #242
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Ben will be in the HOF.
I don't think so. They'll need to win another SB. I see Ben going down hill fast did you see the punishment he took today? He takes that every single week. I think his skills are going to start to erode.

Either that or some woman is going to shoot him in the balls.
Old 12-23-2012, 02:29 PM   #243
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Shanny wins again.

Haters gonna hate.
I don't understand the hate for Shanny. Maybe disagree for his love affair of Slowik. Or some of this personnel moves. But without shanny there would've been no Terrell Davis. And without Elway there would've been no shanahan. Without Terrell would there have been trophies? It was the perfect triangle where all 3 were needed to come together.
Old 12-23-2012, 02:40 PM   #244
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
You know SoCal, I think he is going to make it through the season, call it a hunch.
Old 12-23-2012, 02:44 PM   #245
DAN_BRONCO_FAN
Ring of Famer

weed will win

Adopt-a-Bronco:
miles

ho hell no they gonna fire shanny making the playoffs ,big deal playoff appearances are a dime a dozen .
so what if he has a winning record and a excellent rookie qb .
8-6 pffft, whatever. top of the division , bah. im jokin btw duh
DAN_BRONCO_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 02:44 PM   #246
winstoncup bronco
Crew Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
I don't understand the hate for Shanny. Maybe disagree for his love affair of Slowik. Or some of this personnel moves. But without shanny there would've been no Terrell Davis. And without Elway there would've been no shanahan. Without Terrell would there have been trophies? It was the perfect triangle where all 3 were needed to come together.
There is no hate for Shanahan. It's just a handful of people keep perpetuating that myth. If you talk about anything that doesn't reflect Shanahan in a god-like light, the sophomoric name calling begins.
winstoncup bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 02:48 PM   #247
colonelbeef
Lets be friend

Elway is the new Jerry West

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstoncup bronco View Post
There is no hate for Shanahan. It's just a handful of people keep perpetuating that myth. If you talk about anything that doesn't reflect Shanahan in a god-like light, the sophomoric name calling begins.
what myth are you referencing exactly?
colonelbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:09 PM   #248
DAN_BRONCO_FAN
Ring of Famer

weed will win

Adopt-a-Bronco:
miles

i like shanny he should of gave up some power and delegated some jobs to others but he still a hof coach mho
DAN_BRONCO_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 05:21 PM   #249
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Elway could barely ****ing walk when he retired, he wasn't going to stick around for ****.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:20 PM   #250
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

they got pretty lucky today. Defense was having all sorts issues letting a garbage eagles offense move at will. Foles has freaking absurd happy feet and panic attacks at the slight hint of pressure.

but hey if shanahan can keep this going and bring #4 to DC, I will customize those shanny jackets with glee

edit: there is something to be said about division games and how tough they are especially with this being Andy Reid's last game, the eagles came to play. However, if the skins put that kind of effort against Dallas especially on defense, Romo and a hot cowboys offense will demolish them and the skins will be relegated to hoping GB and Detroit help them out, which I would not want to count on...

Last edited by RedskinBronco; 12-23-2012 at 08:34 PM..
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote