The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2012, 08:22 AM   #26
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

The only thing i watch tv for really is football. I dont even have a hi def tv. It really dont matter to me.
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:22 AM   #27
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I know, right? I swear that the "SD" on an "HD" TV is worse than an old SD, but im sure its not...it seems unwatchable
it is terrible...my old 26" CRT (finally died two years ago) was much clearer in standard def than our LCD in standard def.
bronco militia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:27 AM   #28
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Yeah, I'm sure the kids in Africa walking with shoes made of plastic pop bottles really feel your guys' materialistic pains.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:32 AM   #29
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Yeah, I'm sure the kids in Africa walking with shoes made of plastic pop bottles really feel your guys' materialistic pains.
but they get some rare gear for free!

Old 12-20-2012, 10:37 AM   #30
TonyR
Franchise Poster

What is it about women and their lack of appreciation for HD? How many times do you catch the women in your life watching SD? And then you change it to HD for them and expect them to be impressed, and they just shrug their shoulders? Or is this just about them not wanting you to be "right" more than not seeing the difference?
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:15 AM   #31
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
Broncos via stream for the past what? 7 years? So yes all the time.
That is sub standard.

But speaking of first world problems...

Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:33 AM   #32
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

I have never owned an LCD/LED flatscreen TV in my life. In college I had a 24" Sanyo CRT and right now I have the 27" CRT (I think it's some off brand from Radioshack) that I got with my SNES when I was like 11 years old. Still works like a charm. Bought a PS3 back in May and have it hooked up to that without HDMI and it looks pretty cool to me. Price is right these days to buy one, but I don't get anything unless it is broken or I see a good use for it.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:21 PM   #33
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightysmurf View Post
And now we're turning people away at Sears because BluRay will be outdated soon with the new and improved internet viewers coming out.
No way. We're still years away from that.
Beantown Bronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:15 PM   #34
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I was born in 1980 so my (parent's) first TV had a nob with no remote. There were 60 channels, I think. So yes, I have watched non-HD sports before.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:24 PM   #35
BroncoLifer
Living the Dream

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
but they get some rare gear for free!

Somewhere in Africa, there are people convinced that the Buffalo Bills were the great sports dynasty of our time.
BroncoLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:26 PM   #36
Pick Six
Armchair Poster

Can anyone REALLY tell the difference? Or, is HD just a cool toy that you can't resist using? Standard definition is MORE than enough, for me. I remember the days of trying to get reception with rabbit ears...
Pick Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:28 PM   #37
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

You know I noticed sound quality was the biggest improvement with blue ray. Course I only run 1080I so that might be why.

But as far as high def goes I was at my grandmas and she still has the a tube tv the kind that sits in the wooden cab. (70's) I watch a game on that and I swear it hurt my eyes to watch it.
Quoydogs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:34 PM   #38
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic View Post
Can anyone REALLY tell the difference? Or, is HD just a cool toy that you can't resist using? Standard definition is MORE than enough, for me. I remember the days of trying to get reception with rabbit ears...
Khan coming with a Tebow to Manning analogy in 3....2....1....
Old 12-20-2012, 01:37 PM   #39
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Attachment 31925

Last edited by Gutless Drunk; 10-18-2013 at 06:23 PM..
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:38 PM   #40
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

I don't watch anything in standard definition these days. If it's not HD, I don't watch it. Furthermore, I don't even watch live TV anymore. I record what I want to watch on DVR and thus I save probably 5 hours a week by not watching commercials, pre-game, post-game or halftime garbage.

Crushaholic you are too funny. If you can't tell the difference between standard and HD you probably need glasses. If you have those already you probably need new glasses.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:45 PM   #41
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoLifer View Post
Somewhere in Africa, there are people convinced that the Buffalo Bills were the great sports dynasty of our time.
FPOTWA (Funny Post Of The Week Award) - rep

ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 02:13 PM   #42
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..

Quote:
you have got to be kidding
Jekyll15Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 02:16 PM   #43
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I was born in 1980 so my (parent's) first TV had a nob with no remote. There were 60 channels, I think. So yes, I have watched non-HD sports before.
Kids these days!

When I grew up there were the big 3 networks (CBS, ABC, NBC) plus PBS, Chicago had WGN which was pretty powerful. Then you were lucky if there was a UHF channel 32 in the market you lived in, most of those became FOX. Chicago had a couple extra UHF channels I think in the 50-60's but the programing on anything out side of the major networks was mostly just reruns and local access type stuff. I remember my sister and I flipping thought each channel on UHF and VHF to see what we got after moving into a new house.

Most places we lived we had 4 channels. Chicago was the best market until around 1978 we moved to Coldwater Michigan and the house we moved into had Cable.

BTW We wouldn't have all this great SOMA, I mean TV without NASA and space exploration! No Satellites = no Cable.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 02:37 PM   #44
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
I have never owned an LCD/LED flatscreen TV in my life. In college I had a 24" Sanyo CRT and right now I have the 27" CRT (I think it's some off brand from Radioshack) that I got with my SNES when I was like 11 years old. Still works like a charm. Bought a PS3 back in May and have it hooked up to that without HDMI and it looks pretty cool to me. Price is right these days to buy one, but I don't get anything unless it is broken or I see a good use for it.
I only got a new TV, because it's cheaper to have a HD HomeRun recording games onto my computer, than to pay for cable with a DVR. Needed the HDMI port for playback.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 02:42 PM   #45
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

I just recently had an incident where my HD tv just met it's end. Due to the time of year cash is a little tight so I am stuck gaming and watching sports on a 32 inch old style tube tv. I am so disenchanted with the picture I am about to just listen to games on the radio
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 02:44 PM   #46
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

I remember having to turn the knob behind the channel changer to fine tune the picture. I remember out first remote control turned the knob and everything. I also remember VHF/UHF.
Quoydogs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 02:46 PM   #47
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
What is it about women and their lack of appreciation for HD? How many times do you catch the women in your life watching SD? And then you change it to HD for them and expect them to be impressed, and they just shrug their shoulders? Or is this just about them not wanting you to be "right" more than not seeing the difference?
THIS^ x 10000! honestly, I don't think women care.

It's like when you notice some other chick's awesome rack. Women think they are just boobs, and men are like "holly ****, BOOOOBS!!!!!"

Last edited by bronco militia; 12-20-2012 at 03:37 PM..
Old 12-20-2012, 02:48 PM   #48
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Kids today are so lucky all the technology they have in everyday life. I remember telling my little cousin about the freak out you had as a teenager the first times you called a girl you liked and her dad picked up first and he looked at me and asked why I didn't just text. Kids have so much now they can't fathom a time without all the technology they have
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 02:54 PM   #49
Raidersbane
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by tesnyde View Post
Pop in cassette tape ...you'll have the same thoughts.
Go all out. Use 8 track.
Raidersbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 03:35 PM   #50
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Crushaholic you are too funny. If you can't tell the difference between standard and HD you probably need glasses. If you have those already you probably need new glasses.
I say this to my parents, wife and daughter every week when i look to make sure the Bronco game is on in HD, my son either can see the difference or is just sucking up to dad, but nobody else in my family can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raidersbane View Post
Go all out. Use 8 track.
my dad has one of the few remaining stereos that can record 8 tracks, wow is it annoying when it changes tracks in the middle of a song.

who remembers the brown jerrold convertors with the 18 push buttons and an toggle on a cable to change channels.
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote