The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2012, 09:06 AM   #126
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
10 receptions for 121 yards later....
Quite a bit of that against Gay and Rhodes, but good work glancing at a box score .
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:06 AM   #127
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Are we seriously going to play semantics to try and bust Rev's balls?
I was seriously wondering. I didn't are anything on the game other than some pick 6 s on sportscenter by stafford. The 5 or 6 catches when talking about breaking rices record were on PP. CJ had big game and PP had an INT.

Last edited by DENVERDUI55; 12-20-2012 at 09:10 AM..
Old 12-20-2012, 09:21 AM   #128
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
I was seriously wondering. I didn't are anything on the game other than some pick 6 s on sportscenter by stafford. The 5 or 6 catches when talking about breaking rices record were on PP. CJ had big game and PP had an INT.
There was a 30 yard catch by CJ in the 4thQ when the game was pretty out of reach and that coverage got looser to prevent the over-the-top plays, but otherwise it was pretty lopside with Calvin only managing to get a few "short right" bubble screens to get the ball in his hands, and a big pick by Peterson on a ball intended for Calvin.

Here's a play-by-play breakdown:

1Q

2-3-DET 16 (9:22) 9-M.Stafford pass incomplete deep right to 81-C.Johnson (21-P.Peterson, 28-G.Toler).
1-10-DET 20 (5:38) (Shotgun) 9-M.Stafford pass incomplete short right to 81-C.Johnson.
3-10-DET 20 (4:50) (Shotgun) 9-M.Stafford pass incomplete short right to 81-C.Johnson (25-K.Rhodes).
1-10-DET 27 (2:55) (Shotgun) 9-M.Stafford pass short right to 81-C.Johnson to DET 34 for 7 yards (21-P.Peterson). (<--bubble screen)
1-10-DET 39 (1:39) (Shotgun) 9-M.Stafford pass short left to 81-C.Johnson to ARI 49 for 12 yards (22-W.Gay).

2Q

2-4-ARI 24 (13:50) (Shotgun) 9-M.Stafford pass incomplete deep left to 81-C.Johnson [90-D.Dockett].
1-10-ARI 12 (13:37) (Shotgun) 9-M.Stafford pass short left to 81-C.Johnson to ARI 1 for 11 yards (49-R.Johnson).
1-10-DET 26 (9:09) 71-R.Reiff reported in as eligible. 9-M.Stafford pass short right to 81-C.Johnson pushed ob at DET 35 for 9 yards (21-P.Peterson) (<--bubble screen)
1-15-DET 2 (4:10) 9-M.Stafford pass deep right intended for 81-C.Johnson INTERCEPTED by 21-P.Peterson at DET 34. 21-P.Peterson to DET 3 for 31 yards (81-C.Johnson).

3Q
2-6-DET 24 (14:22) (Shotgun) 9-M.Stafford pass short left to 81-C.Johnson to DET 29 for 5 yards (21-P.Peterson).(<--bubble screen)
2-8-DET 22 (8:42) (Shotgun) 9-M.Stafford pass incomplete short right to 81-C.Johnson (93-C.Campbell).
3-8-DET 22 (8:37) (Shotgun) 9-M.Stafford pass short left to 81-C.Johnson to DET 31 for 9 yards (22-W.Gay).
3-1-ARI 46 (5:54) (Shotgun) 9-M.Stafford pass short left to 81-C.Johnson to ARI 22 for 24 yards (28-G.Toler).

4Q
1-10-DET 13 (9:26) (Shotgun) 9-M.Stafford pass deep right to 81-C.Johnson pushed ob at DET 43 for 30 yards (21-P.Peterson).
1-10-ARI 47 (8:18) (Shotgun) 9-M.Stafford pass short right to 81-C.Johnson to ARI 41 for 6 yards (21-P.Peterson).(<--bubble screen)
2-1-DET 29 (4:41) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 9-M.Stafford pass short right to 81-C.Johnson to DET 37 for 8 yards (58-D.Washington).
2-10-DET 37 (4:10) (Shotgun) 9-M.Stafford pass incomplete deep right to 81-C.Johnson [56-R.Walker].
Old 12-20-2012, 09:28 AM   #129
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

The thing about PP is he is the most talented CB in the league right now, without Revis being available. He has all the tools and all the ability in the world.

The thing that has always gotten me about him, is he is not consistent enough play to play to say he is the best CB in the league right now. He seriously needs some ADD meds or something because he plays lights out for like 75% of the plays and then the other 25% he looks average. I would not say he takes plays off, he just is not mentally sharp every play or hungry to make a play every play.

He is definitely a top 5 cover guy when he is on, but why is he not more consistent? Why is he mentally not tougher?
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:34 AM   #130
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
The thing about PP is he is the most talented CB in the league right now, without Revis being available. He has all the tools and all the ability in the world.

The thing that has always gotten me about him, is he is not consistent enough play to play to say he is the best CB in the league right now. He seriously needs some ADD meds or something because he plays lights out for like 75% of the plays and then the other 25% he looks average. I would not say he takes plays off, he just is not mentally sharp every play or hungry to make a play every play.

He is definitely a top 5 cover guy when he is on, but why is he not more consistent? Why is he mentally not tougher?
The 25% of the plays they weren't his fault MED. On a side note some people say the Broncos would be better off with Peterson than Miller on defense even today. What do you think of that? He is good but he isn't Watt, Miller or Smith type of effect on a defense in my opinion.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:08 PM   #131
Mountain Bronco
Ring of Famer

I am a big fan of PP, and he is one of the best, but I would take Miller hands down over PP. The pass rush is so important, more so than the cover guys. This defense doesn't have the same look without Miller.
Mountain Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:12 PM   #132
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Quite a bit of that against Gay and Rhodes, but good work glancing at a box score .
Why do you hate Von Miller so much?
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:01 PM   #133
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
Yeah, THAT'S an even trade.
Their basis for comparison on CB trades is skewed. They see Champ going to Pro Bowls every year; and they can hardly remember a guy named Clinton Portis. Deep down inside, they are hoping that the karma gods will someday even things out.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:03 PM   #134
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post

This is what was so impressive about Bailey . He'd go games without being thrown at. Each play he is in the game. Always in the moment. When you aren't thrown , it's human nature to be a little disinterested. Not Champ. Not when he was at his best
CEH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:01 AM   #135
DENVERDUI55

Michael Crabtree wishes he could play against Patrick Peterson every week. He scored 4 tds and a bunch of yards this year on him and absolutely destroyed him week 17. Sure PP gets a pass since the cardinals threw the towel in months ago but it was just too bad he had no SF WR to showcase his skills.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:27 AM   #136
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Michael Crabtree wishes he could play against Patrick Peterson every week. He scored 4 tds and a bunch of yards this year on him and absolutely destroyed him week 17. Sure PP gets a pass since the cardinals threw the towel in months ago but it was just too bad he had no SF WR to showcase his skills.
So how many ***** can you fit in your mouth at once?
Old 01-02-2013, 12:24 PM   #137
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Are you saying PP didn't get destroyed by Crabtree?
Was just trolling you back.

Actually didn't see this game at all. Was in the mountains in Georgia and have only cared to check out the Broncos game that I missed.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:24 AM   #138
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
So how many ***** can you fit in your mouth at once?
You win not going to even argue with that you got me beat but it would probably be 20 plus if they were your size. With Shanahan, PP, Janoris Jenkins, Marshall, and Cutler sticking it in your ass all I can say is your airtight now.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:26 AM   #139
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
You win not going to even argue with that you got me beat but it would probably be 20 plus if they were your size. With Shanahan, PP, Janoris Jenkins, Marshall, and Cutler sticking it in your ass all I can say is your airtight now.
Here ya go, bro. I did all the work for ya:

https://orders.hookedonphonics.com/L...FQ3nnAodlm4ABA
Old 01-03-2013, 11:27 AM   #140
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Here ya go, bro. I did all the work for ya:

https://orders.hookedonphonics.com/L...FQ3nnAodlm4ABA
That's about the 3rd thing you always say.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:45 AM   #141
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Bucky Brooks says Richard Sherman "far superior" to Patrick Peterson.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...nfl-cornerback
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:01 AM   #142
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post

I love Sherman and his physical play, but when they start throwing illegal contact flags at him they're going to be an avalanche.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:25 AM   #143
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:

Brooks says Sherman is "far superior" to Peterson. Really?
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:19 AM   #144
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Brooks says Sherman is "far superior" to Peterson. Really?
I think it's going to be an interesting year to watch CB play between him, Peterson and Revis' return. Not to mention can Cromartie play at the same level as last year? Does Alford beat out Trufant (Falcons really stole two amazing cover guys in the draft)? Does DRC take a huge leap with Von pressure?

Lots of fun questions that I look forward to seeing unfold.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:25 AM   #145
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
I think it's going to be an interesting year to watch CB play between him, Peterson and Revis' return. Not to mention can Cromartie play at the same level as last year? Does Alford beat out Trufant (Falcons really stole two amazing cover guys in the draft)? Does DRC take a huge leap with Von pressure?

Lots of fun questions that I look forward to seeing unfold.
I get that Brooks likes Sherman more than Peterson as of right now. This is what his article is demonstrating, ok fine. But to say that Sherman is far superior is simply not true. Also, Peterson's special teams ability absolutely has to factor into the overall equation.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:29 AM   #146
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:

I think Sherman uses more PEDs then Peterson so its really not a fair argument.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:36 AM   #147
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Does DRC take a huge leap with Von pressure?
This would be sweet! He's definitely got the ability.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:05 AM   #148
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

I think DRC will rebound big time. Philly just sucked that bad and guys were wanting to jump ship and it's hard to play like that. I think he'll be much more motivated here.

I'm really looking forward to seeing if this Boldin kid pans out. We took him in the 4th but many said he should have been a 2nd rounder but his injury made him slide back. We'll see if a year in the NFL has done something for him. I sure hope so.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:22 AM   #149
CEH
Ring of Famer

DRC is on a one year impress me type contract. I think he will rock it this year. Philly is where CBs go to die.
CEH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:24 AM   #150
SportinOne
Ring of Famer

I don't understand the Patrick Peterson stuff. If anyone thinks we should have drafted him over Von Miller they are crazy, pure and simple. If we had already had a great pass rush, sure, draft an awesome corner. Since we didn't at the time, unless he's Deion Sanders in his prime right out of the gate, it's not worth it.

And Rev, that's an excellent play by PP in that GIF but jesus don't compare THAT to Champs toe on the sidelines INT against the Saints.

And Redskin Bronco, I hear you on the notion that Portis was an integral part of your two playoff years but it's not like you guys made it very far. In my opinion, it was a shortsighted move for the Redskins, like putting a turbo charger on one of those 2001 Chevy Cavaliers that some kids tried to pass of as A. fast, and B. cool. For the Broncos, it was very smart. We knew we didn't need Portis to have a run game, and the guy we traded for is STILL a Pro Bowler ten years after the trade and will go into Canton in Bronco Orange and Blue.

One thing that's also been overlooked is Tatum Bell. He also had a couple very good years for us and one went all the way to the AFC Championship game. It's not like Portis was a bust, and he was very good for you guys for a stretch, but the trade was so good for the Broncos that I think many people would call it lopsided.
SportinOne is offline   Reply With Quote