The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2012, 05:20 PM   #1
wolf754life
Anti Homer Board Director

Sunshine and Rainbows Fanboys

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jack Del erious
Default TEBOW picked New York

Don't forget, Timmy Teebs picked the New York Jets, (he could have went home to JAX) him and his brother and his "lackies" wanted him in the media capital of the world!

Time to sell underwear and spread his "message" force his religion on the masses.

Now he wants to play all high and mighty, says it is all about football....

If that was true he never would have sold himself out to the New York Media machine.

The guy is about to be out of pro football. Thank God....Yes GOD, that John Elway got this guy out of town!

REP

Last edited by wolf754life; 12-19-2012 at 05:42 PM..
wolf754life is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-2012, 05:32 PM   #2
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

I think in all honesty he saw the Jets QB situation as his best chance to become the starter....not to mention they also acted like they really wanted him and would give him a shot.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:39 PM   #3
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
I think in all honesty he saw the Jets QB situation as his best chance to become the starter....not to mention they also acted like they really wanted him and would give him a shot.
^ this

Word got out during the whole trade thing that the Jax coaches really, really, didn't want him. I'm sure there's truth to the whole NY media thing, but in terms of getting a chance to play NY was better.

Maybe now Jax is back up there, but again the coaches really didn't want him.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:39 PM   #4
JakeZ01

I think this wolf guy has some glitter chaffing his anus.
Old 12-20-2012, 06:26 AM   #5
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

peacepipe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 06:53 AM   #6
Kaylore
Greatest owner in Denver

6 AFCC's 2 SB's!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Mark Sanchez is probably gone next year. That should surprise nobody. And Tebow is just as observant as you or I.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 06:56 AM   #7
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Tebow is a loser.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 07:12 AM   #8
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Wait did he really?

Schefter this morning said the jags owner wanted him but GM and coaches did not. Said now Tebow may end up with jags because the owner wants to "do it his way" this time
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 07:18 AM   #9
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Mark Sanchez is probably gone next year. That should surprise nobody. And Tebow is just as observant as you or I.
You'd think so. But this makes it pretty tough for them (and funny)

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ey...ets-to-cut-him
Old 12-20-2012, 08:12 AM   #10
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Sanchez is not going anywhere. All his money next season is guaranteed. He will be the back up QB.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:16 AM   #11
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Sanchez is not going anywhere. All his money next season is guaranteed. He will be the back up QB.
that is correct
Jekyll15Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:22 AM   #12
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinBronco View Post
Wait did he really?

Schefter this morning said the jags owner wanted him but GM and coaches did not. Said now Tebow may end up with jags because the owner wants to "do it his way" this time
This is what most of the hard core Tebow fans won't accept. The owners (all 2 of them) want Tebow not the football people
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:24 AM   #13
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
I'm sure they could cut him and not be liable for $13M...this isn't the NBA or MLB.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:26 AM   #14
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
I'm sure they could cut him and not be liable for $13M...this isn't the NBA or MLB.
From the article linked below

Quote:
There's no off-set in (Sanchez's) contract, meaning the Jets are on the hook for the entire salary regardless of how much he receives from another team. They could designate him as a June 1 cut. That would spread the cap charge over two seasons -- $12.35 million in '13 and $4.8 million in '14. Bottom line: He's uncuttable.
Old 12-20-2012, 08:30 AM   #15
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Get off my lawn, you kids!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

The best chance to play, would have been Jacksonville. I know Gabbert was newly drafted, but Sanchez has had SOME success. I at the Jacksonville coaches thinking that Blaine Gabbert was the QBOTF...
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:56 AM   #16
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic View Post
The best chance to play, would have been Jacksonville. I know Gabbert was newly drafted, but Sanchez has had SOME success. I at the Jacksonville coaches thinking that Blaine Gabbert was the QBOTF...
Owner might have some more credibility making the move now though. "Alright guys, you said it'd be better if we did it your way. Then you gave me 2-14. We can probably suck with or without Tebow. At least let me sell some tickets"
Old 12-20-2012, 09:17 AM   #17
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Owner might have some more credibility making the move now though. "Alright guys, you said it'd be better if we did it your way. Then you gave me 2-14. We can probably suck with or without Tebow. At least let me sell some tickets"
This is true. You can have a field, you can have the players but you need the ball to play the game and the owner has the ball

I think it's a mistake for the owner to get involved in football operations but he owns the team

This is what is cool right now about the Broncos, From Bowlen on down everyone is going in the same direction. This could not have been said about the last couple years of Shanny and for sure the McEra

but then why would Tebow want to go to a team where the coaches are 100% behind him. Somebody sold him a bill of goods in NYJ could be the same way in JAX
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:30 AM   #18
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
This is true. You can have a field, you can have the players but you need the ball to play the game and the owner has the ball

I think it's a mistake for the owner to get involved in football operations but he owns the team

This is what is cool right now about the Broncos, From Bowlen on down everyone is going in the same direction. This could not have been said about the last couple years of Shanny and for sure the McEra

but then why would Tebow want to go to a team where the coaches are 100% behind him. Somebody sold him a bill of goods in NYJ could be the same way in JAX
Except that the Jags yanking Tim's chain like Rex just did would not make much business sense in Jacksonville, FL. If he's in town, he'll have to play unless Blaine Gabbert suddenly starts playing like Drew Brees or something.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:28 AM   #19
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Naw, he just wanted a bigger "Platform"...

Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:53 AM   #20
Bronco Yoda

2013 - McDoofus & Tebow in JAX.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:43 PM   #21
BroncsRule
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I hope Timmah gets a chance to play.

Somewhere.

Glad it's not here.

The JAX owner should fire his coach, bring in Timmah, and make it plain to candidates in the interview process that Teebs will start through the '14 season, come hell or high water.

That will chase off a few coaching candidates, sure. But they'll still have plenty of candidates to choose from.

Build an offense around him that leverages off his talents, make it clear to all that he has a good, old fashioned "learning cusion" - a window in which to learn to be an NFL QB..

He'll sell a bunch of tickets & jerseys, won't have to sell the team for at least 2 years,

and heck, it might even work.
BroncsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:49 PM   #22
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Tebow "chose" NY because he was lied to by the Jets brain trust in that he would have a fair shot to start. Teebs and Rex apparently share the same agent so he believed what he was told. It was clear that only the Jags owner wanted him, so NY was what he thought was a better choice.

Also, don't forget that the Jets already had a back up signed that they promised would be the clear back up( I forget his name). They had to trade him somewhere to placate him.

So clearly the jets FO has a credibility issue when it comes to player promises.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote