The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2012, 09:51 AM   #26
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
Is it safe to say this yet

Knowshon Moreno > Ryan Mathews?
You can say this

Lance Ball = Ryan Matthews
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:53 AM   #27
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

Pimp.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lucas Reed

Ryan Torain > Ryan Matthews
BowlenBall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:04 AM   #28
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

Best crow I've had in a long time.
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:43 AM   #29
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

He's finally living up to his high draft pick. I'm genuinely happy, for him...
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:20 AM   #30
Al Wilson
Perennial Pro-bowler

He's looked great the last 3 weeks. Reading his blocks well, knowing when to cut back, and exploding when he sees the hole instead of dancing behind the line. Very exciting to finally see him play up to his abilities.
Al Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:21 AM   #31
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Wilson View Post
He's looked great the last 3 weeks. Reading his blocks well, knowing when to cut back, and exploding when he sees the hole instead of dancing behind the line. Very exciting to finally see him play up to his abilities.
and that hurdle was sick !
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:28 AM   #32
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoydogs View Post
Best crow I've had in a long time.
I'll gladly eat much crow if it means players are stepping up. Luckily never got on Moore last year but dude is also stepping up big time this year
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:10 PM   #33
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
I'll gladly eat much crow if it means players are stepping up. Luckily never got on Moore last year but dude is also stepping up big time this year
Agreed still waiting on more plays on the ball but his.play is a night and day comparison between this year and last
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:38 PM   #34
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Shabby, not too

Moreno has been awesome since taking over for Willis

I think I am gonna start him over Trent Richardson in the championship game this week and see what happens
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:49 PM   #35
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

well deserved
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:35 PM   #36
Raidersbane
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...5-2a8429548f16

I feel like Elway in the press box watching Tebow win.

Seriously though, very happy for Knowshon. He's always been a professional here and I think doing the scount team really humbled him.

Tom Nalen was saying working on the scout team they tell you to run like other backs and that may have helped him learn to stop dancing as much.
This winning thing...it's so hard to accept and enjoy! I'm still giddy over being at the game Sunday and witnessing what had never been done before.
Raidersbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:44 PM   #37
JakeZ01

He is reading his blocks better because he is actually getting blocks. Blocks help a runner. Just some football 101 for the haters. Blocks good, no blacks bad.
Old 12-19-2012, 02:51 PM   #38
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Manning on Moreno getting AFC offensive player of the week: "It's awesome. ... It's a great lesson about being a professional."

https://twitter.com/bylindsayhjones
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:41 PM   #39
Al Wilson
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeZ01 View Post
He is reading his blocks better because he is actually getting blocks. Blocks help a runner. Just some football 101 for the haters. Blocks good, no blacks bad.
Please get a clue. If you actually watched closely Knowshon has improved reading blocks better than last year and the year before that. He used to dance behind the line way too much in the past. What I'm seeing is that he sees a hole and explodes through it now; he is also showing patience for the blocking to develop unlike years past. The hate from before was deserved. He is a first round pick that looked like an undrafted back; and if he wasn't benched for 8 weeks and learned a few things he would still be called a bust.
Old 12-19-2012, 06:51 PM   #40
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Great game from him last week. Look forward to seeing if he can continue to maintain as we progress into the playoffs.
Atwater His Ass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:54 PM   #41
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Please get a clue. If you actually watched closely Knowshon has improved reading blocks better than last year and the year before that. He used to dance behind the line way too much in the past. What I'm seeing is that he sees a hole and explodes through it now; he is also showing patience for the blocking to develop unlike years past. The hate from before was deserved. He is a first round pick that looked like an undrafted back; and if he wasn't benched for 8 weeks and learned a few things he would still be called a bust.
Please get a clue! If you actually watched closely, Knowshon used to get hit behind the LOS because our OL sucked at run blocking. Knowshon had to fight most of the time just to get back to the LOS.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:56 PM   #42
Nwp-Apap

Quote:
The hate from before was deserved. He is a first round pick that looked like an undrafted back; and if he wasn't benched for 8 weeks and learned a few things he would still be called a bust.
No. Our OL was horrid at Run Blocking his rookie year, and it is still below average. Knowshon is simply improved to a point where he can mask our OL's flaws, he couldn't do this as a rookie.

If you rewatch the last 4 games, very rarely do you see a running play go as planned due to the ineptitude of the hogs. It is typically fairly obvious where a run play is going if you can pause the play a second after it starts. Those who played ILB know you read guards and come off their asses, as that is where the run should be.

Watching our OL and the run game, they are consistently beaten to their presumed responsibility, engage no one at all, or are straight up overpowered. Knowshon and his improved mental grasp of the RB position has made countless necessary drive saving cuts and ad libs in the run game to mask these mistakes. McGahee did this much as well, albeit he was a much worse pass protecter and receiver, plus the fumbles.

Moreno is the run game at is point, not the OL. Not to say they are awful at run blocking, but they are definitely not good, at least without Kuper. What I am saying is that Moreno is playing and producing much better than the OL is helping him with and blocking for. Several times a week you see a LB or DL come in and make the tackle for a loss almost immediately, due to a lackluster blocking effort, or no block at all.

The majority of the positive plays in the run game these past four weeks have been due to Moreno seeing a cutback lane because the hole the run was designed to go through is clogged with DL and LBs the OL failed to remove. Average back can't do this, good to great ones can. Moreno can, McGahee can, Hillman cannot, Ball cannot, Hester cannot.
Old 12-19-2012, 07:43 PM   #43
pricejj
jungle

pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:07 PM   #44
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Moreno always had the talent to be a good back. Being on the practice squad was the best thing that ever happened to him. Plus, being around Peyton seems to work well with Moreno. As a result of his play, I don't think RB will be a big issue this offseason.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:47 PM   #45
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas

You could see he always had talent in between running up the backs of his blockers and apart from his dancing around looking for a hole to open up there were some truly great runs. His shoe coming off play after play was annoying to all. His attitude did not help him either but under it all the talent was there. Then came the injury and many here were angry at him for getting injured. He came back too early and it hurt him. He gave great effort but he was not healed up yet, then came his untimely fumble. The following week he was placed on the inactive list and many here declared him a bust. He stayed there for 8 weeks. Knowshon took the situation as an opportunity to heal and pick up his game. Many players would not have survived this but Knowshon handled it in an exemplary fashion. He believed in himself even if few fans did. He waited patiently for his chance and when he got it he did not fail even though he knew that Coach Fox had said this was his last chance, so with his career on the line he played at a very high level. i wonder how many of us would have handled the saga as well as Knowshon Moreno did?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:58 PM   #46
Swedish Extrovert
President of the Universe

Formerly known as mightysmurf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bruton

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
Moreno always had the talent to be a good back. Being on the practice squad was the best thing that ever happened to him. Plus, being around Peyton seems to work well with Moreno. As a result of his play, I don't think RB will be a big issue this offseason.
So glad he resurrected his career as a Bronco. I was worried we'd let him go to NE for a 4th round pick, and then become a Pro Bowler.
Swedish Extrovert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:26 PM   #47
Al Wilson
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
Please get a clue! If you actually watched closely, Knowshon used to get hit behind the LOS because our OL sucked at run blocking. Knowshon had to fight most of the time just to get back to the LOS.
I've watched every Broncos game since Knowshon was drafted. The line play has improved a bit, but still doesn't hide the fact that he was lost as a running back his last 2 years before he finally started to get it. He was benched in favour of McGahee, a running back who was playing full back for the Ravens. If I still didn't get it, then I guess the coaches didn't get it either.
Old 12-20-2012, 05:35 AM   #48
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
I've watched every Broncos game since Knowshon was drafted. The line play has improved a bit, but still doesn't hide the fact that he was lost as a running back his last 2 years before he finally started to get it. He was benched in favour of McGahee, a running back who was playing full back for the Ravens. If I still didn't get it, then I guess the coaches didn't get it either.
Most of us have watched every game, so that isn't a credential. His last 2 years you refer to were 1 year that he was the most productive offensive player behind Loyd on a team that was falling apart...followed by a season that looked like it might be his breakout, before tearing his knee.

If you did watch those games in 2008 and 2009 then you should remember his dodging defenders in the backfield on a play by play basis.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 05:49 AM   #49
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

GANGNAM STYLE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowlenBall View Post
Ryan Torain > Ryan Matthews
Cory Matthews > Ryan Matthews
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote