The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2012, 07:32 PM   #51
Drunken.Broncoholic

It was not fun watching an offense throw 8 times in a game. Wasn't fun having to watch Phillip Rivers get us into the playoffs. We went into playoffs last year going 0-3 with our pants down ass up in the air. That ain't fun.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:31 PM   #52
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
Troy P started the season healthy, he ironically hurt himself arm baring DT. Harrison has been a shell of his former self all year.
No, he was hurt going into the season opener. He said so. He aggravated it further during the game and didn't play the next week because of it.

Quote:
Anyway, look its well known/documented you are a Tebow fan. I respect you like a player, PM happens to be my favorite player. But why you hang around and turn everything about this season into a negative because your boy got the boot is silly.
Not sure where you get your information. Been a fan of the Broncos since I was 10 years old. Only time I get negative is when people feel the need to piss on last year's team to feel better about this year's. Beating the Steelers last year in the wild card round was a big step out of the darkness for this franchise. I enjoyed it thoroughly. Back when you were still a Colts fan.

Quote:
By the way, I think you'll be searching for a new board next year, that is if any team really wants to bring the circus to town.
Thanks for the advice Mr Bandwagon. I'll take it for what it's worth. Whatever that is.

Last edited by BroncoBeavis; 12-19-2012 at 09:41 PM..
Old 12-19-2012, 09:35 PM   #53
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Last season was Magical, will always feel greatful for the time we had Tebow, but this year is just pure kicking ass and taking names!!! GO BRONCOS!!!
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:40 PM   #54
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeatheist View Post
Not sure if you're right, but I notice he's either deliberately avoiding answering the OP's question or just doesn't feel confident enough in his opinion to voice it. I rather doubt the latter since confidence over voicing his opinion doesn't seem to be part of his persona. So that would mean he is deliberately avoiding answering the question...but, gee, I wonder why?

EDIT TO ADD: Oh! And I just noticed how hypocritical I'm being; I haven't answered the question myself! I don't think it's too much of a mystery. I'd rather have than
Last year there was more contrast. A truly broken season redeemed by maybe the most improbable series of miracles I ever remember seeing in sports.

This year, playoffs were pretty much expectations' floor. Climbing into a top-2 would be a step above what I expected, but it's still too soon to pick a favorite. It'll all depend on how it ends. If it ends in another NE shelling, it'd be hard to see it as the step up last year was. I'm no longer so afraid it'll go down like that though, especially if the 2 seed holds up.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:01 PM   #55
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Last year there was more contrast. A truly broken season redeemed by maybe the most improbable series of miracles I ever remember seeing in sports.

This year, playoffs were pretty much expectations' floor. Climbing into a top-2 would be a step above what I expected, but it's still too soon to pick a favorite. It'll all depend on how it ends. If it ends in another NE shelling, it'd be hard to see it as the step up last year was. I'm no longer so afraid it'll go down like that though, especially if the 2 seed holds up.
I thought it was cause Teebs was a good QB? I thought his winning percentage was a validation of his talent to play the position?
Jekyll15Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:08 PM   #56
broncofever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
Last season was Magical, will always feel grateful for the time we had Tebow, but this year is just pure kicking ass and taking names!!! GO BRONCOS!!!
^This
Old 12-19-2012, 11:15 PM   #57
troyjbath
Probably Drunk

Long time lurker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Britton Colquitt's parents loved seeing him on TV so much last season. As for me, I prefer watching the offense get first downs and win games dominantly. The next 3-4 years is going to be fun to watch.
troyjbath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:57 PM   #58
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Not sure if you're right, but I notice he's either deliberately avoiding answering the OP's question or just doesn't feel confident enough in his opinion to voice it. I rather doubt the latter since confidence over voicing his opinion doesn't seem to be part of his persona. So that would mean he is deliberately avoiding answering the question...but, gee, I wonder why?

EDIT TO ADD: Oh! And I just noticed how hypocritical I'm being; I haven't answered the question myself! I don't think it's too much of a mystery. I'd rather have than
There are 300 anti Manning posts in here. Read away and you may get your answer.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=103916
Old 12-20-2012, 12:12 AM   #59
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Two different teams. Denver was 1-5 at one point in 2011. So to make the playoffs, even at 8-8 was a trip. Unique season that was fun in some respects.

But it has been 14 years since I go into a sunday knowing Denver will win, not hoping for it.

There's your answer.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 03:01 AM   #60
Drek
Ring of Famer

After the ****ty start this team had last year the 7-3 run at the end with Tebow, plus beating the Steelers in a huge playoff game was pretty much one of the most awesome things ever. It's like getting a massive bonus check you never expected.

This season we're a superior team week to week, but there's a lot of expectations tied to it. When last year's team scuffled down the stretch it was still exciting because we were legitimately in the playoff mix. If this year's team doesn't ice a near meaningless game against Cleveland on Sunday I'll be pissed off all day. So it's a little harder to enjoy week to week games when you don't just want to see the team win, but to dominate so we're firing on all cylinders heading into the playoffs.

Its impossible to judge with 2012 still being incomplete. If this team doesn't make some noise and win at least one playoff game it's going to be a massive disappointment, to me at least. This team is way too good for them to take an early exit and doing so will sour a great deal of the regular season for me.

In summary - ask again after February 3rd.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 03:19 AM   #61
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Wut

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig

AFC Championship game or bust.

Would prefer Super Bowl of course, but anything less than making it to the AFCC can suck a big ol' D.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 05:07 AM   #62
Bronco X
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
They don't have a better shot if they go one and out, technically...

What I'm saying is that the heart favors the present. Last year all the threads were "Most exciting season in Bronco history!!!!!!!!!!111"
I disagree. But to make my point, I'd rather compare the 2011 team to the 1996 team. The 2011 team technically had more playoff success. Which team, though, had a better chance to win a title? I'd take the 1996 team over the 2011 team, every time. Not that it wasn't fun last year and that playoff win wasn't great, but the team wasn't going anywhere without the big changes. The changes were made and now the team has a chance to go where that 1996 core eventually went.
Bronco X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 06:25 AM   #63
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco X View Post
I disagree. But to make my point, I'd rather compare the 2011 team to the 1996 team. The 2011 team technically had more playoff success. Which team, though, had a better chance to win a title? I'd take the 1996 team over the 2011 team, every time. Not that it wasn't fun last year and that playoff win wasn't great, but the team wasn't going anywhere without the big changes. The changes were made and now the team has a chance to go where that 1996 core eventually went.
I was pretty crushed after that Jacksonville game. At that moment it seemed like we were never going to see the promised land. Had 97 never happened nobody would look at 96 with any kind of fondness.
Old 12-20-2012, 06:26 AM   #64
Punisher
Kiss the shoes!

We run the AFC WOOOOOOO!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
I4jelway7 = God

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
It's not even a comparison. It's like asking, "What would you rather do - go see the freak show at the county fair, or go see the London Symphony Orchestra?"

This season, I've realized how much I've missed good football. Last year was generally painful to watch for two hours and forty-five minutes every Sunday.
Explained very well. End Thread
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 07:03 AM   #65
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Five things I didn't enjoy so much about the "Tebowmania" season:

10-45 vs Detroit
23-41 vs New England
14-40 vs. Buffalo
3-7 vs. Kyle Orton
10-45 vs. New England

Combined: 60-178
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 07:21 AM   #66
Bronco X
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I was pretty crushed after that Jacksonville game. At that moment it seemed like we were never going to see the promised land. Had 97 never happened nobody would look at 96 with any kind of fondness.
That's why I used that example. We have perspective on past teams that we don't with current teams. Should the Broncos have a similarly disappointing result this year, there will be a group of fans (of the team or a certain player) who will likely argue that this season was a failure and last season's team was better because they won a playoff game. You see it in this thread, people preemptively arguing that it's too early to say which team is preferable. My point is the 2012 team is obviously, hands down, better and more capable of winning a title than the 2011 team, therefore I can say now I prefer that without much qualification.
Bronco X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:10 AM   #67
ElwayMD
It Stinks!

Meet the New Boss...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Sammy Winder

Does this question even have to be asked? Watching our team play the best it has since our Super Bowl years vs. the most painful 57 minutes of football with 3 minutes of glory is no competition.
ElwayMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:24 AM   #68
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco X View Post
That's why I used that example. We have perspective on past teams that we don't with current teams. Should the Broncos have a similarly disappointing result this year, there will be a group of fans (of the team or a certain player) who will likely argue that this season was a failure and last season's team was better because they won a playoff game.
Except the question isn't about which 'team' is better but which season. Everyone has their own criteria I guess, but if the fans walk out of Mile High this year holding a one-n-done home disappointment, there's no way they'll think it compares to the absolute pandemonium many witnessed after last year's shocker in OT. Most exciting game I've ever been to. And I was at the home playoff win in Jan '06 (which was my all time favorite prior)

Long story short, it's too early to compare the two seasons.
Old 12-20-2012, 08:50 AM   #69
orangeatheist
Champion of the Godless

Quote:
This year, playoffs were pretty much expectations' floor.
That is an absolutely remarkable statement. Having the playoffs being your MINIMUM expectation should tell you something about this year vs last. Let me ask you: Was your minimum expectations last year the playoffs?

Now I know you're going to come back and say that because the Broncos reached the playoffs last year with Tebow that anything less than that this year would be falling short but here's another way of looking at it: If Tebow had stayed on the roster and PFM went to the Titans or SF, would your expectations have remained the same? Would you have expected the Broncos to return to the playoffs and would you be taking the same "wait and see" attitude and would "climbing into a top-2" be a "step above" those expectations?

I also found this comment rather interesting/disturbing:

Quote:
Only time I get negative is when people feel the need to piss on last year's team to feel better about this year's.
Do you really think people here are needing some reason other than the exceptional year the Broncos are having this year other than the fact that the Broncos are having an exceptional year this year to feel good about it? Did people need to harp on the Jacksonville loss to feel good about heading to the SuperBowl the following year? Do you really think anyone needs an excuse to feel good about this year's team? Might explain a lot about how you view the world if that's true.

Last edited by orangeatheist; 12-20-2012 at 08:53 AM..
orangeatheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:17 AM   #70
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
That is an absolutely remarkable statement. Having the playoffs being your MINIMUM expectation should tell you something about this year vs last. Let me ask you: Was your minimum expectations last year the playoffs?
NSIS. Do you realize what division we play in? Quite possible there may not be another team in the division with more than 6 wins. Anything less than playoffs would be a definite disappointment. With either quarterback.

Quote:
Do you really think people here are needing some reason other than the exceptional year the Broncos are having this year other than the fact that the Broncos are having an exceptional year this year to feel good about it? Did people need to harp on the Jacksonville loss to feel good about heading to the SuperBowl the following year? Do you really think anyone needs an excuse to feel good about this year's team? Might explain a lot about how you view the world if that's true.
I think you're just reinforcing my point. Unless you're blind, you've probably read other people harping (to this day) on last year's playoff team, whether win or lose. When they won, it was how they won, or who they beat. If we beat a solid team (like the playoff game), they were of course the most injured playoff team ever to grace a field in January, and this year's team wouldda beat them by a gazillion points because they sucked worse than every team we've played this year (playing in the worst division in the league)

As I've said before, I've never heard fans make so many excuses for a team their team beat in the playoffs. Or spend so much time dismantling a season that was far beyond what anyone could've imagined in early October. And they continue to do beat that drum today. While pretending they're the only 'real' fans.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:37 AM   #71
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ

Quote:

Now I know you're going to come back and say that because the Broncos reached the playoffs last year with Tebow that anything less than that this year would be falling short but here's another way of looking at it: If Tebow had stayed on the roster and PFM went to the Titans or SF, would your expectations have remained the same? Would you have expected the Broncos to return to the playoffs and would you be taking the same "wait and see" attitude and would "climbing into a top-2" be a "step above" those expectations?

I also found this comment rather interesting/disturbing:

We had that whole "Revenge Tour" thing, you must have missed it.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:53 AM   #72
orangeatheist
Champion of the Godless

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
We had that whole "Revenge Tour" thing, you must have missed it.
The Revenge Tour had nothing to do with pissing on the team from the previous year. It was payback against those other teams for those losses on the way to the SB.
orangeatheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:04 AM   #73
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

I have been dying to see this question asked here. Pretty much the responses I expected.

This year is fun, but the joy of coming to work every monday last year after those miraculous comebacks was so sweet!
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:19 AM   #74
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Last year's team was one of the most exciting teams I've ever seen. Also one of the most frustrating teams I've ever seen. It all came down to Tebow.

This year's team is one of the most enjoyable teams to watch. I am yelling a lot less, but feeling more satisfied more often.

Unfortunately there will never be anything that remotely resembles the 1997 season. Best season ever.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:22 AM   #75
shalowlow
Rookie

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by KipCorrington25 View Post
Probably the supidest question in the history of this board and that's saying a lot.

Hey everyone, what did you like better, getting laid by the prom queen or raped in prison?
Obviously I don't think my question was stupid, but maybe it was premature. As some have already mentioned, how would we all view this season if we lose our first playoff game? Would we still think it better? We have high expectations now, but I remember having some hopefulness that we would beat the Patriots in the playoffs. I'm sure I wasn't the only one. Hopefully in a few weeks we'll be able to compare apples to apples. Both seasons may seemingly give us two cracks at NE, I hope that 4th times a charm it 2 years.

I agree that this season is better for me, but looking at a season in retrospect versus looking at a season not yet over and with extreme hopefulness may not be fair to last season.
shalowlow is offline   Reply With Quote