The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2012, 09:38 PM   #26
mopatt24
Seasoned Veteran

Norv, Shurmur, or Whisenhunt.
mopatt24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:41 PM   #27
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

I'm pretty sure Tom Moore wants to get back into coaching, and he's been with Peyton during Peyton's whole career.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:42 PM   #28
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

I seriously think we should be grooming Brandon Stokely as a WR coach and eventual OC when Peyton retires... and enters joint ownership with Elway lol.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:04 PM   #29
El Guapo
aka mav_7. who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Wouldn't the OC still be Peyton?

I kid.
Nope, you're right. Any OC while Peyton is here is just a Peyton Puppet.
El Guapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:34 PM   #30
Natedog24
Ring of Famer

Win The Day

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

There is a very realistic chance that the Broncos lose both their OC and their DC this upcoming offseason, yuck!
Natedog24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:42 PM   #31
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Why is anybody thinking about Tom Moore as OC? Whom ever is the next OC is isn't really coaching Manning anyway like McCoy really isn't coaching Manning. Its about who will be coaching Osweiler. I want a guy that has had a rep of bring QB's up and getting them ready for the pro game.
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:57 PM   #32
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
if McCoy does get a HC gig i hope we snag a guy like JDR but on offense.
a former HC who is likely going to be around for awhile.
Turner?
Heyneck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:38 PM   #33
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
Why is anybody thinking about Tom Moore as OC? Whom ever is the next OC is isn't really coaching Manning anyway like McCoy really isn't coaching Manning. Its about who will be coaching Osweiler. I want a guy that has had a rep of bring QB's up and getting them ready for the pro game.
You do realize that IF another real C comes to town he is going want to bring HIS PLAYBOOK along.

Does anyone think Manning is going to want to learn anther one as well as the rest ofthe team?
As far as developing QBs Brock is setting behind a HOF guynthatnseems to be teaching him every time a camera is iron him on Tyne sidelines Brock is attached to his hip and Mc coy is on the other side of him.

During those debriefings after each series Brock is right there absorbing every word.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 07:04 AM   #34
jerseyguy4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I obviously have no idea of the inner workings of the broncos staff, I just kinda get the feeling you get a guy that 1) Peyton feels comfortable with and 2) more or less stays out of his way. A very highly paid sounding board.
I think you have it nailed.
Everyone keeps pointing to Tom Moore. It's not a bad idea, but the guy is 74 years old. Next year 75.

This might sound stupid, but I like Tony Dungy, with a couple of thoughts behind it:
1) He's a crappy commentator
2) He's only 57
3) He knows Peyton as well as anyone
4) He fits the billing for a background, information primary guy that wouldn't come in looking to dump a new system on the offense
5) "Your post sucks. He's a D guy, not O!". True he's from D, but let me tell you, he knows both sides very well. He's a very brilliant football mind.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:19 AM   #35
Mountain Bronco
Ring of Famer

Adam G, will be the man. Everyone thinks highly of him and with Peyton there and working with him all this year that would be the easy choice.
Mountain Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:30 AM   #36
jerseyguy4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Bronco View Post
Adam G, will be the man. Everyone thinks highly of him and with Peyton there and working with him all this year that would be the easy choice.
Gase has to be the shoe-in. If he doesn't get the spot, it would obviously be because Peyton and Gase didn't see eye to eye.

The OP question should really be, it McCoy leaves, and Gase doesn't get the job, who gets it? Or who would you want?
Old 12-20-2012, 09:38 AM   #37
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Just make Manning a player-coach, and let him keep the job after he retires to groom him to be the next Denver HC. He and Elway can rule a dynasty for the next 2 decades.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:45 AM   #38
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Quote:
This makes a lot of sense. It would be better to higher within to keep the continuity of what the team is doing now moving forward and to continue working on the transition to Os post-Peyton.

Then again, I am never right on this stuff.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:08 AM   #39
crush17
"Born A Broncos Fan"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rick Upchurch

It'll be Gase.
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:49 AM   #40
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
I agree with this completely. It doesn't make sense to bring in some big name OC while Peyton is running the offense. The only likely result would be getting someone who is going to disrupt the continuity of the offense by wanting to do what they've done elsewhere.

Gase knows all the players on the offense and is going to be in a much better position to continue their development. He's been around long enough to be able to handle the job, and will have Peyton as a safety net.

I also think it's the best thing for Brock. If we bring in a big name guy, he's gonna jump ship at the first HC job that comes along. Gase likely wouldn't get an HC offer for at least a few years, and would likely be around when Brock takes over for Manning.

Last edited by Dedhed; 12-20-2012 at 10:52 AM..
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:01 AM   #41
bronco_diesel
giddy-up

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie mac View Post
Who would Fox replace him with

It's certainly not out of the question considering he had interviews last year if I'm not mistaken and I know we have Manning but the offense has been pretty solid once again.

I just wondered if there's anyone amongst the positional coaches on Offense would be ready for the step up

Studesville for instance.
If I were Fox in this situation I would name Del Rio as the HC and Fox as the OC. Manning would handle the OC duties, Del Rio is still handling the defense and Fox continues what he is doing.

Nothing lost and we retain Del Rio.
bronco_diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:02 AM   #42
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyguy4 View Post
I think you have it nailed.
Everyone keeps pointing to Tom Moore. It's not a bad idea, but the guy is 74 years old. Next year 75.

This might sound stupid, but I like Tony Dungy, with a couple of thoughts behind it:
1) He's a crappy commentator
2) He's only 57
3) He knows Peyton as well as anyone
4) He fits the billing for a background, information primary guy that wouldn't come in looking to dump a new system on the offense
5) "Your post sucks. He's a D guy, not O!". True he's from D, but let me tell you, he knows both sides very well. He's a very brilliant football mind.
You forgot:

6) Dungy is NEVER coaching again. He gets paid well to commentate to the masses and he loves being around his family.

I do some work with his entities that he has started since leaving coaching. On numerous occasions, he has stated he will NEVER return to coaching because he has a new calling in life to mentor and help people outside football.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:05 AM   #43
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

I am not sure who is good enough on the broncos staff to replace McCoy. Gase might be a logical choice but does he have enough experience? Having Fox there would certainly help, as he has proven to be a great game day coach in DEN.

So, maybe Gase, but who knows if McCoy leaves. Hopefully, he learned from Dennis Allen that taking a ****ty HC job is not really a stepping stone
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:19 AM   #44
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

I think McCoy is most definitely gone after this season. Whoever the Broncos bring in as OC just has to have a good relationship with Manning. I'm thinking it's got to be a more seasoned or mature coach, a guy who can give Manning his space and yet offer good input at key times. Moore would not be my first choice, but a guy like Shurmur or possibly Norv Turner I think makes a lot of sense. I like Turner because he does like to run the ball. Also, Turner is not going to get all up in Manning's face if the team struggles, but I think he could offer Manning some good advice without being overbearing.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:26 AM   #45
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
Gase might be a logical choice but does he have enough experience?
Normally I would say no, but I think Manning is a very unique entity who can bridge the experience gap for Gase.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:37 AM   #46
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Maybe Norv or Wisenhunt.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:30 PM   #47
underrated29
Ahoy

You lika da sexy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

i find myself in disagreement with med.

I 100% aboslutely do not want mccoy to stay. Not at all. Can not stand him or the plays he calls or lack of imagination, slow starts, predictability etc etc etc.

Mccoy luckily will be gone our offense will be better for it next year and IIRC Gase was the person who the broncos said they would promote to OC if/when mccoy left. Which is fine because our offensive scheme is really really (hate to say it cuz it was mcdaniels) very good. Only, I think without mccoy holding it back it can be better.
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:10 PM   #48
bronco_diesel
giddy-up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
I am not sure who is good enough on the broncos staff to replace McCoy. Gase might be a logical choice but does he have enough experience? Having Fox there would certainly help, as he has proven to be a great game day coach in DEN.

So, maybe Gase, but who knows if McCoy leaves. Hopefully, he learned from Dennis Allen that taking a ****ty HC job is not really a stepping stone
Think Dennis Allan could be fired from Oakland and find himself back here as the DC if Del Rio takes a HC job?
bronco_diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:11 PM   #49
Bronco Yoda

PM's Butler and personal driver is named Mr. Tibbons.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:17 PM   #50
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I think it would be Tom Moore, then Adam Gase if he isn't picked by McCoy as his OC. After that I have no idea, but they will be good at their job because Manning is their QB and Fox picks well respected coordinators for his staff.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote