The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2012, 07:57 PM   #1
Greatspirits
Perennial Pro-bowler

"Little Von!"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trev
Default Von Miller vs Aldon Smith....who measures up?

Of course in my book, Von is the more complete defender!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...er-is-superior
Greatspirits is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-2012, 08:03 PM   #2
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

This is not to take anything away from Aldon Smith, he is a beast; however IMO he has more of a supporting cast.

Denver personnel on D is not too shabby either, but I feel like Von has to do more for the Broncos to succeed on that side of the ball.
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:29 PM   #3
MillerMayhem58

I love what Miller is doing this year and he's a great player. I can't stop thinking about Elvis though. Where has he been? Has Elvis left the building? Elvis should be right up there in sack numbers and in this debate but he's nowhere to be found over the last couple months. We will need both to produce to beat Brady and pats.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:39 PM   #4
Greatspirits
Perennial Pro-bowler

"Little Von!"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trev

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerMayhem58 View Post
I love what Miller is doing this year and he's a great player. I can't stop thinking about Elvis though. Where has he been? Has Elvis left the building? Elvis should be right up there in sack numbers and in this debate but he's nowhere to be found over the last couple months. We will need both to produce to beat Brady and pats.

Elvis had been disruptive and has played solid, he's just not getting the sacks like he used to.
Greatspirits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:07 PM   #5
mkporter
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Aldon's a very good player, but he's not close to the level Von's at. There are 2-3 defenders on the 49ers I'd rather have than Aldon. Not a huge knock on Aldon, those guys are stacked.
mkporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:14 PM   #6
teknic

Watt is going to win dpoy.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:17 PM   #7
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

I don't watch enough niner football to say. The other night though even though he didn't get sacks he certainly looks the part of a stud atheltically.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:58 PM   #8
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

Many of Aldon Smith's sacks have come as a DIRECT result of the Oline keying in on Justin Smith. He's a great player, but his production is definitely buoyed by the rest of that defense. If I had one player to build a defense around, it's Miller by a ****ing MILE.
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:59 PM   #9
Baba Booey
twitter: @dpieza

HURRY HURRY!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Line Von up next to J. Smith, Willis and Bowman and he has the sack record already.
Baba Booey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:24 PM   #10
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Homerism at its best.

All three are great players. But Miller is not that much better if he is at all.

As far as supporting casts yep the other two teams have us beat not by much but by consistently.

Miller last year was only rushing the QB in some cases they ran at him in passing situations and the RB blew past him for good gains.

This year he has made himself into a very complete OLB. He is going have to have monster games against the next two teams to garner any awards.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:14 PM   #11
mkporter
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
Homerism at its best.

All three are great players. But Miller is not that much better if he is at all.

As far as supporting casts yep the other two teams have us beat not by much but by consistently.

Miller last year was only rushing the QB in some cases they ran at him in passing situations and the RB blew past him for good gains.

This year he has made himself into a very complete OLB. He is going have to have monster games against the next two teams to garner any awards.
There's a good case to be made that Watt is in the same class as Von. The case with Aldon is weak unless you just like pretty sack numbers. He doesn't put nearly as much pressure (sacks + hits + hurries) on the QB as Von does, and he's no where near the run defender that Von is.

And who else on the Broncos front seven is anywhere near Willis, Bowman, and J Smith? Dumervil is the Aldon Smith on our team.
mkporter is offline   Reply With Quote