The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-15-2012, 07:07 PM   #176
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason in LA View Post
Why does a black woman care about a black man dating outside of the race? I don't really know, I can only speculate on that, but it is a conversation in the black community. Black women tend to not like that.
Black women tend not to like breaking a nail. a black man dating a snow bunny is way beyond that on the scale.
now with that said, it's mostly a maturity thing in regards to concern over interracial relationships. the idea of betraying one's race because you don't see color when relating to a person you want to be with is a foolish idea.

the "you either act and think like me or you're not really black." attitude that some take on is silly.

i'm African American and i'm sorry but i don't have a ghetto bone in my body.
i was raised in the backwoods around hillbillies and honky tonk.
i've never been to a rap concert but i've been to multiple bonfires and state fairs.
almost every time i say this "oh you're not really black then."
even at my job when i have to resolve issues, i talk to people on the phone and when they come in and i meet with them "oh you weren't the one i was talking to, where's the nice white man i talked to on the phone?"
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:10 PM   #177
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
It's because he likes pro-wrestling.
that's my parent's fault. it was the only sport they let me watch as a kid.
honestly, what is a kid supposed to do when you see the Ultimate Warrior running around the area with weird paint and shaking the ropes?
Old 12-16-2012, 12:28 AM   #178
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
that's my parent's fault. it was the only sport they let me watch as a kid.
honestly, what is a kid supposed to do when you see the Ultimate Warrior running around the area with weird paint and shaking the ropes?
Pro-Wrestling was fun to watch mid 80's. It's been all down hill since. That sport was all about personalities and characters and it's getting hard for them to come up with unique stuff.
ZONA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:39 PM   #179
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by g6matty View Post
Rg3 a white mantrapped in a black body. The perfect storm if youre going to play qb in the nfl no? Black man athleticism but a white mans brain !

Seriously tho. If he had the mind of a black man he might be the next vick. I dont see griffin hosted and dog fighting rings

All black men think alike. Some hide it better then others
So this guy has been posting everyday since making these comments. Was there a reason why he was not banned? Oversight, or just not a big deal?

Last edited by Jason in LA; 12-19-2012 at 06:42 PM..
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:34 PM   #180
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Pro-Wrestling was fun to watch mid 80's. It's been all down hill since. That sport was all about personalities and characters and it's getting hard for them to come up with unique stuff.
not hard to come up with unique stuff. it's too controlled with backstage political BS. too many want "their guy" to be the next one instead of telling stories.

Bret Hart needs to teach people how to properly sell a storyline.
Old 12-19-2012, 07:50 PM   #181
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Don't know how sincere this is, looks like some publicist/lawyer wrote it for him, but that's just me. I feel like he only regrets getting suspended and/or having espn show him the door.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ncerely-sorry/

Rob Parker, the ESPN commentator who was suspended after saying on the air that he questions whether Robert Griffin III is authentically black because he is engaged to a white woman, has now issued an apology.

Although Parker initially defended his comments and called his critics “silly” and “uneducated,” Parker said in the statement he posted on Twitter today that after six days to reflect, he has seen the error of his ways.

Quote:
“I blew it and I’m sincerely sorry,” Parker wrote. “I completely understand how the issue of race in sports is a sensitive one and needs to be handled with great care. This past Thursday I failed to do that. I believe the intended topic is a worthy one. Robert’s thoughts about being an African-American quarterback and the impact of his phenomenal success have been discussed in other media outlets, as well as among sports fans, particularly those in the African-American community. The failure was in how I chose to discuss it on First Take, and in doing so, turned a productive conversation into a negative one. I regrettably introduced some points that I never should have and I completely understand the strong response to them, including ESPN’s reaction. Perhaps most importantly, the attention my words have brought to one of the best and brightest stars in all of sports is an unintended and troubling result. Robert Griffin III is a talented athlete who not only can do great things on the field, but off the field handles himself in a way we are all taught – with dignity, respect and pride. I’ve contacted his agent with hopes of apologizing to Robert directly. As I reflect on this and move forward, I will take the time to consider how I can continue to tackle difficult, important topics in a much more thoughtful manner.”
Click link above for the rest of the article
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:18 PM   #182
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
But yours were dudes
haha I didn't see this. Sorry, I don't swing that way.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:08 AM   #183
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Only 30 days suspension? Pretty clear they are ok with his comments or even encouraged him to say them on outrageous take
Old 12-20-2012, 11:45 AM   #184
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason in LA View Post
So this guy has been posting everyday since making these comments. Was there a reason why he was not banned? Oversight, or just not a big deal?
Well, he evened himself out earlier in the week when he said Stokely sucked.

Anyone else think this guy is a mix of Karenin and LB56 (correct name?)
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:39 PM   #185
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Rob Parker out at espn

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...r-out-at-espn/