The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2012, 04:08 PM   #26
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Please. Last year's Steelers were 12-4. This year's Steelers will be lucky to get to 9-7. And didn't we play them early on this year? Oh yeah, we did. If I remember right, we were trailing well into the 4th.
Yeah didn't we play them early on this year when they were the healthiest they have been all season.
Old 12-19-2012, 04:22 PM   #27
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
We were never in any danger of competing for a Super Bowl championship last year. This year we should be favorites. This isn't like choosing between '97 and '98, its like night and day. Shoot even though last year was unforgettable, I would take '05 over last year. At least then we thought we had a shot at the whole thing.

I want Super Bowls. That's what it's all about for me.
Same. The whole point is to win the ****ing thing. Not a wild card round, then get blown the **** out.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 04:23 PM   #28
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
This year 100x. Last year was fun but the end result was always known. Denver is a SB threat this year and last year only happens once in every thousand years where all the luck lines up for one QB less flawed team.
Good analogy...last year was like the 1000-year flood.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 04:28 PM   #29
orangeatheist
Champion of the Godless

Quote:
Please. Last year's Steelers were 12-4. This year's Steelers will be lucky to get to 9-7. And didn't we play them early on this year? Oh yeah, we did. If I remember right, we were trailing well into the 4th.
Please answer the OP's question. Which brings you more enjoyment? Last year's Tebowmania, or this year's PeytonDomination? Don't bury your commitment under a bunch of fluff or analysis. Just answer the question paying careful attention to the word "enjoyment." Thank you.
orangeatheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 04:32 PM   #30
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeatheist View Post
Please answer the OP's question. Which brings you more enjoyment? Last year's Tebowmania, or this year's PeytonDomination? Don't bury your commitment under a bunch of fluff or analysis. Just answer the question paying careful attention to the word "enjoyment." Thank you.
He is rooting against the Denver Mannings this year.
Old 12-19-2012, 04:35 PM   #31
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Oh yeah, we did. If I remember right, we were trailing well into the 4th.
Way to make stuff up. They went ahead with 49 seconds gone in the 4th. Denver scored next drive and the game was never in doubt again.
Old 12-19-2012, 04:42 PM   #32
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
Yeah didn't we play them early on this year when they were the healthiest they have been all season.
We had this discussion already. If they were 'healthier' in terms of who was on the field it was very marginally so.

But it mostly ended in a bunch of contortions like when Ryan Clark being missing in January was shouted from the rooftops as being a huge unfair advantage. But then when he was absent again this September, it suddenly wasn't such a big deal. Polamalu being hobbled and Harrison out for the opener this year was also pooh-poohed.
Old 12-19-2012, 04:49 PM   #33
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Way to make stuff up. They went ahead with 49 seconds gone in the 4th. Denver scored next drive and the game was never in doubt again.
Yes, they led us up until 9:23 left in the 4th, when we took the lead for good. Which part of this lines up in spirit with the "We wouldda beat them by 32 with this year's team!" comment?

Editor's Note. We haven't beaten anyone by 32 points this year. Was he saying that every team we've played this year is better than the 12-4 2011 Pittsburgh Steelers?
Old 12-19-2012, 04:53 PM   #34
Bmore Manning

Quote:
We had this discussion already. If they were 'healthier' in terms of who was on the field it was very marginally so.

But it mostly ended in a bunch of contortions like when Ryan Clark being missing in January was shouted from the rooftops as being a huge unfair advantage. But then when he was absent again this September, it suddenly wasn't such a big deal. Polamalu being hobbled and Harrison out for the opener this year was also pooh-poohed.
Troy P started the season healthy, he ironically hurt himself arm baring DT. Harrison has been a shell of his former self all year.

Anyway, look its well known/documented you are a Tebow fan. I respect you like a player, PM happens to be my favorite player. But why you hang around and turn everything about this season into a negative because your boy got the boot is silly. There's nothing Tebow does better as a QB, nothing about last season replicated a better team, season, or QB. Just stop searching, enjoy the ride or get off, cause this baby ain't stopping until New Orleans.

By the way, I think you'll be searching for a new board next year, that is if any team really wants to bring the circus to town.
Old 12-19-2012, 05:21 PM   #35
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

good qb play is more enjoyable to watch than ****ty qb play
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:25 PM   #36
orangeatheist
Champion of the Godless

Quote:
He is rooting against the Denver Mannings this year.
Not sure if you're right, but I notice he's either deliberately avoiding answering the OP's question or just doesn't feel confident enough in his opinion to voice it. I rather doubt the latter since confidence over voicing his opinion doesn't seem to be part of his persona. So that would mean he is deliberately avoiding answering the question...but, gee, I wonder why?

EDIT TO ADD: Oh! And I just noticed how hypocritical I'm being; I haven't answered the question myself! I don't think it's too much of a mystery. I'd rather have than

Last edited by orangeatheist; 12-19-2012 at 05:30 PM..
orangeatheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:46 PM   #37
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
Toss up right now.

We won a playoff game last year (by passing on the #1 pass D!), and we've locked up the AFCW already this year and are shooting for the #2 seed. So yeah, about even, with a slight edge to this year because it's not done yet.
wow, just wow
Jekyll15Hyde is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:51 PM   #38
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

This year has been more enjoyable. Last year was way more exciting! Plus I only had to re watch a quarter of each game.
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:51 PM   #39
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..

repost but fits this thread
Jekyll15Hyde is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:57 PM   #40
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

You can't deny last year was really exciting. We were all curious to see whats next, but as someone mentioned before, we all knew it would end. This year, we all know it might end in a championship. Thats more exciting to me.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:08 PM   #41
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalowlow View Post
Yeah I'm going here, because I think it's an interesting question.

Personally, Tebowmania was just great, every game was edge of your seat, and some of those endings were just out of this world. The playoff win against the Steelers was one of my favorite moments as a Broncos fan.

But that same fan in me can't help but love every minute of this season. If it was up to me we would win every game by 50 and never have a game in doubt, so I definitely prefer this season.

But really, we are luck to have such awesome seasons back to back after was was a huge lull since the Cutler days.

I can understand those that may find this season kind of, well maybe boring, especially this winning streak. Or maybe not...

Well what do you think?
I kind of liken them to the 1983-84 seasons as far as the regular seasons went.....coming off poor season in '82 (2-7 in strike shortened year), above average 9-7 record making playoffs in next season ('83), then winning 13 games the following season ('84)
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:17 PM   #42
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:

What's it like living an existence of pure misery?
Old 12-19-2012, 06:27 PM   #43
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
This year is SO much better. YOu can only say 'yeah, but he just wins games.' so many times before you wanna kick your own ass.
This^
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:44 PM   #44
JakeZ01

This year is better because manning runs the offense instead of McCoy.
Old 12-19-2012, 06:49 PM   #45
KipCorrington25
Free Safety

Probably the supidest question in the history of this board and that's saying a lot.

Hey everyone, what did you like better, getting laid by the prom queen or raped in prison?
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:51 PM   #46
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

this year and it's not even close. 9 game win streak, potential for top 2 seed and a legit shot to play for a SB for the first time since 2005.

we don't have to hope we'll be consistent enough each week to win.
we expect them to be consistent and to win.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:52 PM   #47
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

this year and it's not even close. 9 game win streak, potential for top 2 seed and a legit shot to play for a SB for the first time since 2005.

we don't have to hope we'll be consistent enough each week to win.
we expect them to be consistent and to win.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:56 PM   #48
NUB
Just Crafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Peyton of course.

I really had my doubts but he swept them all away and then some. Manning is actually playing some of his best football in years. I honestly think he's playing better than the year he won the Superbowl. The rest of the team is just stronger. Miller, Thomas, Decker, Woodyard etc. all have more experience and it shows. Denver is a very, very strong team right now. I like Tebow a lot, even as a QB, but Denver's roster last year was a mess of youth, mismanagement, and controversy.
NUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:08 PM   #49
Mile High Salute

No offense, but this is a silly question. As fun as Tebowmania was, no one ever thought we were a serious contender. The Broncos got extremely lucky winning a lot of last-second games, backed into the playoffs, beat a banged-up Steelers team in overtime, and...then got crushed when they faced a real contender in New England. We were just happy to see the end of the McDoucher era and that the Broncos were on the way back up.

This Broncos team is legit, and actually has a real chance of winning a title. Manning is a killer, and what he's done this season has been nothing short of remarkable. Getting to watch Manning at Mile High is an experience I will never forget, and I'm going to enjoy the ride as long as it lasts. Every now and then I still have to pinch myself to believe that he's our quarterback.
Old 12-19-2012, 07:25 PM   #50
chanesaw
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

Last year was more fun, but this year is more enjoyable.
chanesaw is offline   Reply With Quote