The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2012, 03:42 PM   #151
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I don't think Tebow could have helped the Jets all that much. I think any game that he could have won that the Jets lost, there's probably another that Sanchez would have won that Tebow would have lost.
You probably also didn't think we'd go on a 6 game winning streak with the guy when he was here. So yeah...
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:48 PM   #152
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolandftw View Post
I've said for awhile that you have to build an offense around Tebow. Expecting Tebow to play and be successful in a pro style offense is not very likely. Hell RG3 is WAY better then Tebow, but I don't think he would have been very successful this year if the Redskins expected RG3 to match Shanahan's system. Instead they incorporated things that really took advantage of RG3's skillset.

Course the problem is that even if Tebow's in a great situation, with great players around him--that's probably a 8-10 win team max. Since the goal is winning titles, few GM's/Coaches want to do that. It'd have to be a coach that was brought in, that came from the college game that had no problem rolling the dice with an unconventional offense. Where there wasn't a lot of pressure to win titles (Jacksonville seems like an ideal location if they brought in the right coach).

McDaniels would be awful for Tebow because he will not ever create an offense around him. He will expect Tebow to run the same offense that Tom Brady runs, and there is a 0% chance of that ever happening.

I don't blame Tebow for wanting out if he feels he wasn't given a fair shot. Hopefully some team gives it to him, but if not going to the CFL is not a bad option if he wants to continue to play QB. Obviously would be a great short yardage back if he was willing to do that.
Your point about McDaniels is probably way off. He didn't draft Tebow to play like Brady. He drafted Tebow to play like Tebow. McD has borrowed a lot of spread concepts from college and was probably looking to bring some kind of Spread Option variant to the NFL. Who knows if that would've worked? It would've probably worked a lot better than trying to shoehorn Tebow into a short rhythm-based pro system like the Broncos and Jets have tried to do.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 04:31 PM   #153
peacepipe
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,158

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Your point about McDaniels is probably way off. He didn't draft Tebow to play like Brady. He drafted Tebow to play like Tebow. McD has borrowed a lot of spread concepts from college and was probably looking to bring some kind of Spread Option variant to the NFL. Who knows if that would've worked? It would've probably worked a lot better than trying to shoehorn Tebow into a short rhythm-based pro system like the Broncos and Jets have tried to do.
You're way off base,the first game or two they tried a pro style offense but then changed to an offense that was made for tebow. The problem was tebow couldn't throw the ball in a consistant manner & was never a threat passing.teams finally caught up,hence we lost three out of four to finish the season. Denver bent over backwards putting an offense that tebow could succeed in.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 04:40 PM   #154
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..
 
Jekyll15Hyde's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,825
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
What a swift kick to the nuts this is. It's another whole tier of classlessness. "Hey, Tim, you'll be our backup all year. We'll use you however we can while you patiently wait for your opportunity. We'll break your ribs letting you get hammered out there. Then when all hope is lost for the season, and we finally give up the ghost on this turd sandwich quarterback we drafted, we won't give you a shot. We're going to bring in this other kid who was inactive almost all year and let him take over for a couple meaningless games."
All this does was prove the not so well kept secret that it was the Jets brass, not the Jets football people, who wanted him there. 31 teams could have gotten him for pennies on the dollar from us and the only taker were the Jets business side and a team who puts a tarp over their upper deck near his college home.
Jekyll15Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 04:44 PM   #155
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..
 
Jekyll15Hyde's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,825
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
You probably also didn't think we'd go on a 6 game winning streak with the guy when he was here. So yeah...
You continue to leverage that like it was repeatable or a baseline of how well we could expect him to do going forward. I am guessing you haven't had much education in math and statistics?
Jekyll15Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 04:58 PM   #156
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,550
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Your point about McDaniels is probably way off. He didn't draft Tebow to play like Brady. He drafted Tebow to play like Tebow. McD has borrowed a lot of spread concepts from college and was probably looking to bring some kind of Spread Option variant to the NFL. Who knows if that would've worked? It would've probably worked a lot better than trying to shoehorn Tebow into a short rhythm-based pro system like the Broncos and Jets have tried to do.
I was gonna say that McDaniels seemed to love the shotgun formation a lot....and that he drafted Tebow with the belief he could operate the kind of spread offense he liked.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:29 PM   #157
JakeZ01
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
I mean damn how can you ride this guy so long.

13 TD, 17 int, 12 fumbles

He was absolutely ****ing horrible this year.
Because he gave them the best chance to win. Ryan knows qbs. Look at all the people salivating here about his demotion of Tebow. Clearly he is a great coach.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:25 PM   #158
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Your point about McDaniels is probably way off. He didn't draft Tebow to play like Brady. He drafted Tebow to play like Tebow. McD has borrowed a lot of spread concepts from college and was probably looking to bring some kind of Spread Option variant to the NFL. Who knows if that would've worked? It would've probably worked a lot better than trying to shoehorn Tebow into a short rhythm-based pro system like the Broncos and Jets have tried to do.
There was nothing pro about the system they were forced to put in after seeing tebow had no business running a pro system.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:11 PM   #159
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
All Hail King Midas

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 50,549

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
I don't think there's a single thing you can hold out in Tebow's actions that could ever be described as 'pouting'
Haha! Of course you don't.

Quote:
He wants to be a QB who plays QB (preferably on the field) When he discovers that the staff/FO at an organization isn't on board with that, he pursues what's really his only option...
Pouting.


Quote:
I'm 90% sure if you gave Tebow the choice between warming some NFL bench and moving on to a different line of work, he'd choose something different to do with his time.
That's the option he pretty well has in front of him. I like Tebow, but I wouldn't want to risk my NFL career on him.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:17 PM   #160
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeZ01 View Post
Because he gave them the best chance to win. Ryan knows qbs. Look at all the people salivating here about his demotion of Tebow. Clearly he is a great coach.
Yeah, the same QB Mastermind Ryan who traded up to the 5th overall slot to take ATG Sanchez in 2009.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:17 PM   #161
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
All Hail King Midas

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 50,549

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleFloyd View Post
Tebow is the ultimate quarterback killer. Neither Orton or Sanchez could stand up to the pressure of having Tebow as their backup. Both played badly, in part they are average at best, and their play on the field deteriorated.
That's on Orton and Sanchez. If they can't perform under the pressure of having a guy behind them, then they're not going to be able to perform under the pressure of the playoffs. Plummer had the same problem when Cutler was brought in. Suddenly these guys are shown to be the quarterbacks they really are when the pressure is on.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:22 PM   #162
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Pouting.
Yeah, sure bud. So long as they offer him a position cleaning bathrooms or waxing McElroy's (who?) helmet, he should just stick around and not try to look for another job.

Otherwise he's "pouting"
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:27 PM   #163
CEH
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 4,146
Default

Zealots forget that there were two team interested in trading a pick for Tebow. One now can be declare a owner's move not endorsed by the football operations. My assumption is the other team is exactly the same way an owner wants TRT in town to sell tickets in a city where they cover the seats with tarps but will be met with resistance from the football side of the house
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:42 PM   #164
NUB
Just Crafted
 
NUB's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,529

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Per Dan Patrick, Rex Ryan skipped over Tebow because there is a fear that if Tebow won the last two games it would reflect horribly on the coaching staff. I really don't doubt that at all, and it more or less also cements the fact that Tebow's being on the team was because of the owner. Personally, I think he goes to the Jags in the postseason and gets a starting job or McDaniels, even if he is on the Patriots, scoops him up.
NUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:47 PM   #165
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUB View Post
Per Dan Patrick, Rex Ryan skipped over Tebow because there is a fear that if Tebow won the last two games it would reflect horribly on the coaching staff.
Ding ding ding. There's our winner.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:52 PM   #166
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.
 
HAT's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 5,841

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll15Hyde View Post
You continue to leverage that like it was repeatable or a baseline of how well we could expect him to do going forward. I am guessing you haven't had much education in math and statistics?
Yup...and the people who continue to hang on to that 6 game win streak always leave out the one McD & KO started out with when arguing how ****ty they were.

Funny.
HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:00 PM   #167
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 9,931
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUB View Post
Per Dan Patrick, Rex Ryan skipped over Tebow because there is a fear that if Tebow won the last two games it would reflect horribly on the coaching staff. I really don't doubt that at all, and it more or less also cements the fact that Tebow's being on the team was because of the owner. Personally, I think he goes to the Jags in the postseason and gets a starting job or McDaniels, even if he is on the Patriots, scoops him up.
That can be per anyone, because now that the playoffs are out of reach everyone is trying to save their own bacon. You insert Tebow now and win the final 2 games, you look like even more of a ****ing idiot.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:31 PM   #168
ScottXray
Opinionated A******
 
ScottXray's Avatar
 
We will NOT lose!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: PDX (Portland OR)
Posts: 5,682

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
That can be per anyone, because now that the playoffs are out of reach everyone is trying to save their own bacon. You insert Tebow now and win the final 2 games, you look like even more of a ****ing idiot.
And by skipping over him you show everyone that you are not only stupid , and stubborn, but a chicken **** prima donna coach afraid of being shown up by the player everyone loves to rip as talentless( at QB).

Of course, with team members making statements to the press about said "terribleness", you also show them to be classless( which they are) and undermine your position with them too. So you go along with the program and play the 3rd string guy.

Just another way in which Ryan has mishandled the whole thing all season long, from the "mystery offense" ( that never was ) in the preseason, to the Real offense ( that disappeared most games) in the regular season.

If Ryan survives this season as HC in New York the media there haven't held up there stripes as a place that Eats its own young.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 05:29 AM   #169
Dos Rios
Seasoned Veteran
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 268
Default

I missed these threads not at all.

Good luck Jaguars message board, if you exist.
Dos Rios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 05:36 AM   #170
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAT View Post
Yup...and the people who continue to hang on to that 6 game win streak always leave out the one McD & KO started out with when arguing how ****ty they were.

Funny.
Yeah totally. I'm sure everyone here was calling for Joshie's head after we fell to 6-3. And how many playoff games did we win that year. Oh yeah. Never mind.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 06:34 AM   #171
peacepipe
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,158

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

What's more propable is Ryan never had any intention of starting tebow. He wanted him to play a brad smith type role.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 07:09 AM   #172
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'
 
2KBack's Avatar
 
Cake is delicious

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wash DC
Posts: 7,902
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Yeah totally. I'm sure everyone here was calling for Joshie's head after we fell to 6-3. And how many playoff games did we win that year. Oh yeah. Never mind.
When you make the playoffs at 8-8, you have the rest of the league to thank more than anything.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 07:40 AM   #173
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
When you make the playoffs at 8-8, you have the rest of the league to thank more than anything.
Well, any team that starts 1-4 is more than likely going to need some help somewhere along the way.

Plus, 9-7 needs help most years too. Guess Eli should just hand in his trophy.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 07:43 AM   #174
elsid13
Lost In Space
 
elsid13's Avatar
 
Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: DC
Posts: 19,854
Default

Might as well have some more fun with this thread:
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...4385--nfl.html
More terrible Tim Tebow news: Now he’s broken up with his girlfriend, too


Here's a sentence we never thought we'd be typing a year ago: It kinda sucks to be Tim Tebow right now.


Soon after news broke that Jets head coach would pass over Tebow for the starting quarterback slot and he might be sent packing, reports surfaced that Tebow has broken up with his girlfriend, Camilla Belle.
"It just didn't work out," a "source" told US Weekly. Yep, it's true: No love for Tebow anywhere these days.


Those of you keeping track of such things: Tebow and Belle, an actress, met at a Metropolitan Museum of Art gala (pictured above) in May, and in October were

spotted together at a Jacksonville bowling alley being affectionate. And now? Finis. But, hey, at least they won't have to buy Christmas presents for each other.


More at the link.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 07:59 AM   #175
baja
Happy camper
 
baja's Avatar
 
Sweet

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 60,173

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware
Default

Tim soon to come out of the closet.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:40 AM.


Denver Broncos