The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2012, 10:33 AM   #26
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Cool, thanks for stepping me off the ledge. At least they have something to look at in the film room this week that they can improve on.

I wonder what they are going to do against the Patriots? If Champ stays on Welker, Carter would be matched up on B. Lloyd quite a bit on the outside (which I think he can handle relatively well). If Champ plays his traditional LCB, Carter might be on Welker a lot. You can't play 10-yards off Welker and expect to win the game.
I think the best way to play the Pats O is to be physical at the line of scrimmage. Jam those ****ers as hard as you can to disrupt the timing and let the pass rush take over. No more giving 10 yard cushion crap.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:38 AM   #27
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Another terrible price thread.

Brb making Wesley Woodyard call out thread
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:39 AM   #28
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
I think the best way to play the Pats O is to be physical at the line of scrimmage. Jam those ****ers as hard as you can to disrupt the timing and let the pass rush take over. No more giving 10 yard cushion crap.
I think that's just the way Carter and Porter play. In addition, against the Patriots, it's likely that Carter won't have help over the top, because the Broncos may have to run a 5-2 to stop the run.

...in that case, he would have to play well off the WR.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:49 AM   #29
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Another terrible price thread.

Brb making Wesley Woodyard call out thread
I don't know, it's compelling to me. I guess I could have worded it differently.

What else do we have on the front page on a Wednesday, except a couple Chiefs threads, a gun-control thread, a Jets thread, and a douchey NE fan thread?

I could have made a "You are dumb if you want to move Champ to Safety" thread, or a "We are the best in the NFL" thread. Maybe you would have enjoyed reading a scintillating breakdown of the Browns?

Just trying to figure out what improvements the Broncos need to work on before the playoffs...
Old 12-19-2012, 10:52 AM   #30
DENVERDUI55

Quote:

Against the Ravens pistol formation, Carter played 74% of the Defensive stats. Chances are, he's headed towards similar PT in the playoffs.

?
Wait a minute didn't you say that Bronco's played base 80-90(Don't remember exact amount) percent of the time in another thread? Wouldn't that mean that Carter hardly played?
Old 12-19-2012, 10:59 AM   #31
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Wait a minute didn't you say that Bronco's played base 80-90(Don't remember exact amount) percent of the time in another thread? Wouldn't that mean that Carter hardly played?
Well, they did for the first 25 minutes of the game. The 3rd quarter was all 4-2 Nickel.

Fun Fact: Without Harris' pick-6 in the first half, the Ravens would have scored 27 points in just a little over one half of football against the Broncos 4-2 Nickel Defense.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:02 AM   #32
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Well, they did for the first 25 minutes of the game. The 3rd quarter was all 4-2 Nickel.

Fun Fact: Without Harris' pick-6 in the first half, the Ravens would have scored 27 points in just a little over one half of football against the Broncos 4-2 Nickel Defense.
That's not fact. That's your opinion. Say that pass went incomplete next play Flacco fumbles. You're projecting your hate for carter.

And why the multiple thread name changes?
Old 12-19-2012, 11:06 AM   #33
Agamemnon

Quote:

Yet in reality they gave up 17 over the course of four quarters. You are really making yourself look stupid right now.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:06 AM   #34
Eldorado
Formerly orange&blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pot Roast

Quote:

lol, 'fun fact' that isn't really a fact.

Poop is supposed to come out of your butt, man. Not your mouth.
Eldorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:17 AM   #35
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaiy View Post
Harris shut down Boldin.
Boldin went againt Carter a bit as well. Carter was getting under his skin all day.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:18 AM   #36
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
That's not fact. That's your opinion. Say that pass went incomplete next play Flacco fumbles. You're projecting your hate for carter.

And why the multiple thread name changes?
I don't hate Tony Carter. I like him. Just want him to play a little better, because he's going to have his hands full in the playoffs.

I changed the thread name to make it less likely that people would click on the thread and join in the bandwagon slam attack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Yet in reality they gave up 17 over the course of four quarters. You are really making yourself look stupid right now.
Actually, the Broncos were playing in a 5 man front for most of the 1st half when the Ravens couldn't even move the ball. Remember all the consecutive three and outs? Yeah, it wasn't against a Nickel Defense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
Boldin went againt Carter a bit as well. Carter was getting under his skin all day.
Carter had a PI on Boldin. That's about all I saw.

Boldin was pissed at Harris for shutting him out, that's why he got a 15-yard penalty cheap-shotting Harris with a block in the back.

Judging by the comments on this thread, sounds like most people are quite happy with the Broncos 4-2 Nickel Defense, and Tony Carter's breakdowns the last few weeks don't bother you one bit?

That's funny, the last time Bailey gave up a 3rd down conversion, half the Omane wanted to move him to Safety. I call out Tony Carter for multiple breakdowns in multiple weeks and it's rag on pricejj.

No thanks for the lack of discussion!

Last edited by pricejj; 12-19-2012 at 11:33 AM..
Old 12-19-2012, 11:25 AM   #37
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:25 AM   #38
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldorado View Post
lol, 'fun fact' that isn't really a fact.

Poop is supposed to come out of your butt, man. Not your mouth.
FTW!!!
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:27 AM   #39
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Actually, the Broncos were playing in a 5 man front for most of the 1st half when the Ravens couldn't even move the ball. Remember all the consecutive three and outs? Yeah, it wasn't against a Nickel Defense.
So they went nickel when the lead was expanded. Teams that are losing pass. I'm not worried about it. They played better than expected IN Baltimore. Shut down a team that is great in that house. To say 27 points would've happened is odd.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:37 AM   #40
OOJack
Go Broncos!

Go Broncos!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Plummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaiy View Post
Read post #6. If you were going for the "ass" look, you have succeeded in making yourself look like one.
Dude, GOONIES, you know the epic movie from the 80s? How have you never seen that movie?
OOJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:41 AM   #41
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
To say 27 points would've happened is odd.
No it's not.

The Ravens scored 17 in the 2nd half. They also passed up a FG attempt (3 more points), and made a half-assed hurry-up play on 1st and goal from the 2.

Bag on me all you want, but the Broncos Defensive advantage disappeared in the 2nd half. Do that against the Patriots, and you're freaking toasted...
Old 12-19-2012, 11:45 AM   #42
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:

Carter had a PI on Boldin. That's about all I saw.

Boldin was pissed at Harris for shutting him out, that's why he got a 15-yard penalty cheap-shotting Harris with a block in the back.

Judging by the comments on this thread, sounds like most people are quite happy with the Broncos 4-2 Nickel Defense, and Tony Carter's breakdowns the last few weeks don't bother you one bit?

That's funny, the last time Bailey gave up a 3rd down conversion, half the Omane wanted to move him to Safety. I call out Tony Carter for multiple breakdowns in multiple weeks and it's rag on pricejj.

No thanks for the lack of discussion!
Carter over the last few weeks has not been great, but he has played better than just about any Nickel corner we have had in recent memory. The Champ thing goes both ways, either he is still the best in the game or it's time for a new position. No middle ground with the guy.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:51 AM   #43
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
No it's not.

The Ravens scored 17 in the 2nd half. They also passed up a FG attempt (3 more points), and made a half-assed hurry-up play on 1st and goal from the 2.

Bag on me all you want, but the Broncos Defensive advantage disappeared in the 2nd half. Do that against the Patriots, and you're freaking toasted...
There is no way to say what they would of scored. Your are plain just guessing and making stuff up.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:59 AM   #44
swaiy

Quote:
No it's not.

Garbage time TDs are definitely evidence of a defensive advantage disappearing.

Also, they didn't get the points. 4th down? Broncos stopped them. Goal line, no matter how you cut it, Broncos made a play and stopped them. So while they COULD have scored, there is no definitive proof showing they WOULD have.
Old 12-19-2012, 12:08 PM   #45
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
No it's not.

They scored 14 in the 4th when the game was decided and Denver was in cruise control
Old 12-19-2012, 12:12 PM   #46
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Remember, this football take is coming from the guy who said Star Lotulelei was not a first round draft pick, despite the unreasonable doubt surrounding the rest of the league that he is going in the Top 10. Keep in mind he also said he never watched Star play, but was going purely off measurables and statistics. pricejj is a clown. The only questions he should be asking is, "Paper or plastic?"
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:16 PM   #47
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:34 PM   #48
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Remember, this football take is coming from the guy who said Star Lotulelei was not a first round draft pick, despite the unreasonable doubt surrounding the rest of the league that he is going in the Top 10. Keep in mind he also said he never watched Star play, but was going purely off measurables and statistics. pricejj is a clown. The only questions he should be asking is, "Paper or plastic?"
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:43 PM   #49
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBound View Post
All good points Price. Carter had a down game. I hope champ gets in his ass.
Well, that makes one of us. Hopefully the only one.
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:06 PM   #50
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
Carter over the last few weeks has not been great, but he has played better than just about any Nickel corner we have had in recent memory.
Is he better than Tracy Porter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Still upset about the Broncos not taking Jerel Worthy? I told you, that I hadn't watched Lotulelei play until a few days ago, so what's your problem? Your posts are as stale and bland as 10-day old breast milk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
There is no way to say what they would of scored. Your are plain just guessing and making stuff up.
Oh really? What do you think the NFL success rate is of FG's from the 23-yard line? About 97%?

What do you think the TD rate is of NFL teams that have 1st and goal from the 2? About 90%?

The point is that the Broncos 4-2 gave up a lot of points (17 in one half), and probabilities would indicate that they got lucky only giving up as much as they did. Tony Carter's play had a lot to do with that.