The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2012, 10:13 AM   #1
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 
United In Orange

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 10,120
Default Nit-Picking Tony Carter

1. Gave up 43-yard bomb allowing Ravens to drive the length of the field in the last 2 minutes of the 1st half. Chris Harris made a TD saving pick 6 a little later.

2. Allowed the Ravens to pick up a 3rd and 10 in the 3rd quarter, by playing too far back...another Broncos Defender had to make the tackle.

3. Guilty of PI on Anquan Boldin, putting the Ravens in FG range in the 3rd quarter.

4. Was the primary Defender on Pitta's 61 yard TD in the 4th Quarter, missing a crucial sideline tackle.


Brady and the Patriots are licking their chops thinking of all the matchups they can send your way. Don't think you won't be isolated, because you will. It's not a coincidence that Fox is saying Porter will get some snaps this week.

GET YOUR **** TOGETHER CARTER.

Last edited by pricejj; 12-19-2012 at 08:23 PM..
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-2012, 10:27 AM   #2
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 25,381
Default

bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:28 AM   #3
crush17
"Born A Broncos Fan"
 
crush17's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 5,969

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rick Upchurch
Default

Dude shut the eff up already.
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:33 AM   #4
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
12 straight road division wins

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 47,263

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
This...


...?
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:35 AM   #5
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,123

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
This...


...?
The guy from the goonies pasted onto a toddler.
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:36 AM   #6
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
12 straight road division wins

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 47,263

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
The guy from the goonies pasted onto a toddler.
I know what it is, damnit!
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:39 AM   #7
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 25,381
Default

baby sloth is like "WTF?" at this thread
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:45 AM   #8
DenverBound
Thanks for the memories
 
DenverBound's Avatar
 
This one's for Pat!

Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,025
Default

All good points Price. Carter had a down game. I hope champ gets in his ass.
DenverBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:47 AM   #9
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,508

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
1. Gave up 43-yard bomb allowing Ravens to drive the length of the field in the last 2 minutes of the 1st half. Chris Harris made a TD saving pick 6 a little later.

2. Allowed the Ravens to pick up a 3rd and 10 in the 3rd quarter, by playing too far back...another Broncos Defender had to make the tackle.

3. Guilty of PI on Anquan Boldin, putting the Ravens in FG range in the 3rd quarter.

4. Was the primary Defender on Pitta's 61 yard TD in the 4th Quarter, missing a crucial sideline tackle.


Brady and the Patriots are licking their chops thinking of all the matchups they can send your way. Don't think you won't be isolated, because you will. It's not a coincidence that Fox is saying Porter will get some snaps this week.

GET YOUR **** TOGETHER CARTER.
Wasn't Carter the primary guy covering Boldin who was held without a catch? Sure he had a couple mistakea but he played an ok game and has been good all year. Porter will get reps now so he can be ready if needed in the playoffs.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:51 AM   #10
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 
United In Orange

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 10,120
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crush17 View Post
Dude shut the eff up already.
Thanks for the lame input.

He has shown some good ability this year, but his technique is hurting this team.

Against the Ravens pistol formation, Carter played 74% of the Defensive stats. Chances are, he's headed towards similar PT in the playoffs.

Right now, he's the weakest link on a strong Defense...and we all know how that worked out for Roc Alexander.

The question is, can Carter get it together, or are we going to start seeing a lot more of Porter in Nickel situations? Porter plays pretty far off-man, just like Carter, but is he a better player?
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:52 AM   #11
swaiy
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

I thought Carter sucked in the slot? Why was he on Pitta, a TE?

I also have no idea what happened after halfway through the third. I DVR'd this game only for it to be switched to the Texans game. Bull****.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:52 AM   #12
swaiy
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
Wasn't Carter the primary guy covering Boldin who was held without a catch? Sure he had a couple mistakea but he played an ok game and has been good all year. Porter will get reps now so he can be ready if needed in the playoffs.
Harris shut down Boldin.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:03 AM   #13
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 
United In Orange

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 10,120
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
Wasn't Carter the primary guy covering Boldin who was held without a catch? Sure he had a couple mistakea but he played an ok game and has been good all year. Porter will get reps now so he can be ready if needed in the playoffs.
No, Chris Harris was the guy who held Boldin in check.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:04 AM   #14
OOJack
Go Broncos!
 
OOJack's Avatar
 
Go Broncos!

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Denver
Posts: 528

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Plummer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
This...


...?
It's Sloth from the Goonies, photoshopped onto a kids body. Are you really that clueless?
OOJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:07 AM   #15
swaiy
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OOJack View Post
It's Sloth from the Goonies, photoshopped onto a kids body. Are you really that clueless?
Read post #6. If you were going for the "ass" look, you have succeeded in making yourself look like one.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:12 AM   #16
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo
 
55CrushEm's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: North of Boston, MA
Posts: 6,219

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBound View Post
All good points Price. Carter had a down game. I hope champ gets in his ass.
Um.....what?
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:19 AM   #17
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer
 
SleepingTiger's Avatar
 
Ole J

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Murphy TX
Posts: 1,696

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tony Carter
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
1. Gave up 43-yard bomb allowing Ravens to drive the length of the field in the last 2 minutes of the 1st half. Chris Harris made a TD saving pick 6 a little later.
Carter had very good coverage on that play, only Jacoby made a very good play. It you want to nit pick, Baily also gave up a big play, only thing was the WR landed out of bounds.

Carter was not the primary defender on the Pitta TD. it was a crossing route with Carter covering #12. Not only that,Pitta broke 3 tackles. The first was Carter, then Leonard whiffing on a spin move by Pitta and Rahim missing the leg tackle.
SleepingTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:22 AM   #18
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 
United In Orange

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 10,120
Default

Just rewatched the 61-yard TD...

DJ was lined up on Pitta in the slot, Carter was lined up on the outside. Carter's man brushed DJ, allowing Pitta to gain separation on a 10-yard out pattern. Both DJ's and Carter's fault for missing the tackle.

I like Carter, and think he can correct his play, to do what he's supposed to do on the outside as a Nickel CB...but he just needs to get better.

DJ is going to have to get a lot tougher in coverage too.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:23 AM   #19
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer
 
Wes Mantooth's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,906
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBound View Post
All good points Price. Carter had a down game. I hope champ gets in his ass.
Please refrain from posting.
Wes Mantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:23 AM   #20
Heyneck
Ring of Famer
 
Heyneck's Avatar
 
RIP Tripplets!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cali, Colombia
Posts: 2,331

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Thanks for the lame input.

He has shown some good ability this year, but his technique is hurting this team.

Against the Ravens pistol formation, Carter played 74% of the Defensive stats. Chances are, he's headed towards similar PT in the playoffs.

Right now, he's the weakest link on a strong Defense...and we all know how that worked out for Roc Alexander.

The question is, can Carter get it together, or are we going to start seeing a lot more of Porter in Nickel situations? Porter plays pretty far off-man, just like Carter, but is he a better player?
Wait... did you just compare Carter to Roc Alexander? Yup... this thread is a FAIL!!!
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:28 AM   #21
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 
United In Orange

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 10,120
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingTiger View Post
Carter had very good coverage on that play, only Jacoby made a very good play. It you want to nit pick, Baily also gave up a big play, only thing was the WR landed out of bounds.
Cool, thanks for stepping me off the ledge. At least they have something to look at in the film room this week that they can improve on.

I wonder what they are going to do against the Patriots? If Champ stays on Welker, Carter would be matched up on B. Lloyd quite a bit on the outside (which I think he can handle relatively well). If Champ plays his traditional LCB, Carter might be on Welker a lot. You can't play 10-yards off Welker and expect to win the game.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:31 AM   #22
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"
 
Pony Boy's Avatar
 
Omaha !!!

Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 7,804

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Brady and the Patriots are licking their chops thinking of all the matchups they can send your way. Don't think you won't be isolated, because you will. It's not a coincidence that Fox is saying Porter will get some snaps this week.

GET YOUR **** TOGETHER CARTER.
Attachment 31917

Last edited by Pony Boy; 11-02-2013 at 06:28 PM..
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:32 AM   #23
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 
United In Orange

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 10,120
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
Wait... did you just compare Carter to Roc Alexander? Yup... this thread is a FAIL!!!
Brady can embarass almost any CB in the league. Look what he did to Chris Harris early in the season.

Elite CB's (like Manning and Brady) find the weakspot on the Defense and exploit it. A similar thing happened to Andre Goodman against the Patriots in the playoffs last year.

Definitely don't want that to happen again this year.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:33 AM   #24
Heyneck
Ring of Famer
 
Heyneck's Avatar
 
RIP Tripplets!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cali, Colombia
Posts: 2,331

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Cool, thanks for stepping me off the ledge. At least they have something to look at in the film room this week that they can improve on.

I wonder what they are going to do against the Patriots? If Champ stays on Welker, Carter would be matched up on B. Lloyd quite a bit on the outside (which I think he can handle relatively well). If Champ plays his traditional LCB, Carter might be on Welker a lot. You can't play 10-yards off Welker and expect to win the game.
I think the best way to play the Pats O is to be physical at the line of scrimmage. Jam those ****ers as hard as you can to disrupt the timing and let the pass rush take over. No more giving 10 yard cushion crap.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:33 AM   #25
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

The terrible tackle attempt on the that long Pitta TD is the only thing in the game that I thought was a genuinely bad play. But corners are going to get beat. That's just a fact.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:55 AM.


Denver Broncos