The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-19-2012, 09:45 AM   #1
Bmore Manning
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default Offseason Planning Cap Guide

Denver rolled over 26 million into the Salary Cap in 2012, this made our Cap Total $147.26 Million of money available to be spent, which includes salary and bonus. Denver spent around $137.53 Million this season.. which means there’s about $10 million dollars of Cap Rollover into next season.. this is where I got my $10 Cap Room Number. That’s just rollover money, so this puts the spending mark limit around $131 Million roughly.. the Salary Cap is projected to be about $121 Million for 2013.

Now here is the intricate part which I said requires some pretty extensive research.. below is a list of the players under contract for the Denver Broncos heading into the 2013 NFL season and THEIR SALARY.. take note that this does not reflect the total salary cap number, because it does not include bonuses. I am not privied to what teams pay out for in bonuses prior to the season.. we know that there is typically a signing bonus associated with most contracts, and this guaranteed money gets prorated over the contract for several years. This is why when you go on spot tract you are only able to see Cap Hit for 2012.. in will say Salary, Signing Bonus, Other Bonus.. these numbers added up are what give you your Cap Hit for the year.

Manning $20 M
Dumervil $12 M
Bailey $9 M
DJ Williams $6 M
Kuper $4.5 M
Dreesen, Prater, & Tamme $2.5 M
Von Miller $2.28 M
Woodyard $2 M
Adams $1.75 M
Moreno $1.7 M
Hanie $1.25 M
Ayers $1.06 M
Caldwell $900 K
DT $836 K
Franklin $771 K
Ramirez & Hester $715 K
Beadles & Decker $575 K
Julius Thomas, Moore, Green, Irving, & Harris $555 K
Wolfe, Brewer, Malik Jackson, Steve Johnson, Bolden, Trevethan, Holliday, Hillman, & Osweiler $480 K

Salary Total Roughly $89 Million
So that is a current salary cap hit of $89 Million, this does not include bonuses, again I am not privied to bonuses because I do not have their actual contracts in front of me. But I do know based on viewing the amount of time left on current players contracts, there should not be a significant bonus cap hit… over the length of a time of a contract the cap hit either goes up or comes down, fortunately for us, our players with higher cap hits had more front loaded contracts, and what you see is what you get..

Signing Rookie Players
To sign a draft class will count about $7 Million against the cap..
This puts Denver at a $96 Million Cap Hit, this is with the list of players above and our signed draft class.. Remember this does not include the bonus money of players from the long list above, but that $7 million draft class is a very accurate total cap hit gauge.

Bonuses
As I have reieterated throughout the post, I am not privied to what the entire cap hit will be per player under contract because I do not know what their contract allows for in terms of bonuses. What I do know is the big name free agent who will get a huge signing bonus this offseason that will be prorated over the contract will be Ryan Clady, assuming of course he is resigned. When free agents sign a contract, they care more about the guaranteed money that they will get upfront and no matter if they are injured or not, salary is an after thought. Denver had $30 million dollars of bonuses towards the cap last season. If we assume that number is the same for 2013, then our cap figure is now $126 Million… this includes the entire list of current signed players, our draft class signed, and all bonuses included…
This will have Denver with about $5 million to spend towards impending free agents and free agents that will hit the open market. I just want to note I do not think the bonus money will account for some $30 million dollars next season, I expect about $20 million.. which gives us $15 million to spend towards free agency.

Impending Free Agents
Lance Ball, Justin Bannan, Keith Brooking, David Bruton, Tony Carter, Chris Clark, Britton Colquitt
C.J. Davis, Chris Gronkowski, Dan Koppen, Jim Leonhard, Sealver Siliga, Brandon Stokley, Mitch Unrein
Kevin Vickerson, Matt Willis, Tracy Porter, and Ryan Clady.

Conclusion
We are a very fortunate team in the NFL to have such a plethora of skilled young talent.. right now we are paying peanuts for guys who are doing great things on the roster. Regardless of who you think we should resign, who you think we should draft, who you think we should pursue in free agency.. you need to have a firm grasp of where we stand in regards to the cap. Maybe you think some deals should be reworked, maybe some players should be outright cut so we can increase our ability to spend.
My best assessment puts Denver with $5-$15 Million towards free agency spending.. that included our own impending free agents as well as whats their on the market. I spent several hours on this.. so make sure when you Draft Gurus use my numbers in your Mock threads, you be sure to give me a shout out, or reference that you got the numbers from me.. Enjoy the numbers and get creative!!
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-2012, 10:51 AM   #2
socalorado
Ring of Famer
 
socalorado's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,771
Default

So what your saying is DEN has a total of 15 million measly dollars next season to spend on FA?!?!?
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:56 AM   #3
Bmore Manning
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
So what your saying is DEN has a total of 15 million measly dollars next season to spend on FA?!?!?
That's if you do not cut any current players under contract or restructure any of their salaries..
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:03 PM   #4
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Just use this site for the bonuses.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-br...lvis-dumervil/

Doom's base is 12 million, signing bonus of 423K, and misc bonus of 4.525 million dollars for cap hit of 16,948 million dollars.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:05 PM   #5
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

http://www.spotrac.com/top-salaries/nfl/denver-broncos/
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:13 PM   #6
Bmore Manning
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

I was using spot trac and didn't look in top base salaries to know that it showed the bonuses, thank you! Guess I can calculate it out after all!
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:28 PM   #7
Bmore Manning
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

From the newly discovered data (thanks DB4L) it looks like I was right about $15-$20 Million in bonuses added to the cap, leaving $15-$20 million cap room.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:28 PM   #8
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

How does the dead money buyout work? Looks like a few million dollars comes off the books in 2013 or am I reading that wrong.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:41 PM   #9
Bmore Manning
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
How does the dead money buyout work? Looks like a few million dollars comes off the books in 2013 or am I reading that wrong.
From what I was reading all $5 million of the dead cap space should be off the book in 2013. Denver could have split it up over 2012 and 2013 if they needed the space. But because of the surplus, they absorbed the entire hit this season, clearing it off the books for 2013.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:07 PM   #10
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco
 
eddie mac's Avatar
 
Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: IRELAND
Posts: 16,904

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

DJ William's release/trade, more likely the former will clear $6m if it hasn't done so already when he took a paycut this season to $950k.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:20 PM   #11
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

So how should Terrance Kinghton contract stack up with Red Bryant?
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:38 PM   #12
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco
 
eddie mac's Avatar
 
Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: IRELAND
Posts: 16,904

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

The Broncos had just over $12m in caproom as at 1 November 2012 and if the the $4m paycut DJ took came off the payroll as well, that's at least $16m or so rolling into 2013 if they wish to use it. I also believe the $1.6m they got from the Washington/Dallas penalty was held over too so you could say as much as $17.6m available to roll into the 2013 cap year if they wish to do so.

To be honest though it's likely that the majority of that money will likely be used on Clady and a new MLB.

Then again approx $9.4m will shoot off the books as soon as DJ and Mays depart, very little/no guaranteed money left on those deals.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:57 PM   #13
Bmore Manning
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie mac View Post
DJ William's release/trade, more likely the former will clear $6m if it hasn't done so already when he took a paycut this season to $950k.
That's an option if that's your prerogative.. I just laid the frame work, everyone can use it to customize it to their offseason game plan.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:06 PM   #14
Bmore Manning
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
So how should Terrance Kinghton contract stack up with Red Bryant?
Lets talk about this.. I would think Knighton would be seeking Paul Soliai type money (6 million per year). We didn't land Soliai at that cost, we didn't retain Bunkley who signed for 5 years $25 million with $9 million signing bonus. I think Knighton would get Mebane type money 5 years $25 million.

So I think we are looking at $5 million a year for Knighton..
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:18 PM   #15
Bmore Manning
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie mac View Post
The Broncos had just over $12m in caproom as at 1 November 2012 and if the the $4m paycut DJ took came off the payroll as well, that's at least $16m or so rolling into 2013 if they wish to use it. I also believe the $1.6m they got from the Washington/Dallas penalty was held over too so you could say as much as $17.6m available to roll into the 2013 cap year if they wish to do so.

To be honest though it's likely that the majority of that money will likely be used on Clady and a new MLB.

Then again approx $9.4m will shoot off the books as soon as DJ and Mays depart, very little/no guaranteed money left on those deals.
I'm not exactly sure where you got those numbers..
What MLB are you throwing this money at..? Urlacher is the only note able FA MLB. While I like Grant, he's not going to require much money thrown his way..so idk who you had in mind and what kind of money..?
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:13 PM   #16
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
Lets talk about this.. I would think Knighton would be seeking Paul Soliai type money (6 million per year). We didn't land Soliai at that cost, we didn't retain Bunkley who signed for 5 years $25 million with $9 million signing bonus. I think Knighton would get Mebane type money 5 years $25 million.

So I think we are looking at $5 million a year for Knighton..
I was thinking he would get Red Bryant like money. Closer to the 5 year 35 million dollars with the 5 million dollar signing bonus. Paul Soliai is making more over the next two years then Red Bryant is. It would be nice to get him at Mebane money I guess.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 06:03 AM   #17
Bmore Manning
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
I was thinking he would get Red Bryant like money. Closer to the 5 year 35 million dollars with the 5 million dollar signing bonus. Paul Soliai is making more over the next two years then Red Bryant is. It would be nice to get him at Mebane money I guess.
Keep in mind Red Bryant is listed as a DE.. As you probably know his role in that defense is that of a 3-4 DE, compare his contract to many of the other 3-4 DEs or even 4-3 DEs because they are technically a 4-3 and you are looking at a reasonable contract, considering how important he is to the defense.

I would be cool with Knighton having about a $5 million cap hit.. Especially with his familiarity with Del Rio and how he is a proven player.. But JAX has lots of cap room, I unfortunately don't think he's going anywhere.

We could probably retain Vickerson and add Dorsey for that same cap hit..
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:59 AM   #18
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,203

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
Denver rolled over 26 million into the Salary Cap in 2012, this made our Cap Total $147.26 Million of money available to be spent, which includes salary and bonus. Denver spent around $137.53 Million this season.. which means there’s about $10 million dollars of Cap Rollover into next season.. this is where I got my $10 Cap Room Number. That’s just rollover money, so this puts the spending mark limit around $131 Million roughly.. the Salary Cap is projected to be about $121 Million for 2013.

Now here is the intricate part which I said requires some pretty extensive research.. below is a list of the players under contract for the Denver Broncos heading into the 2013 NFL season and THEIR SALARY.. take note that this does not reflect the total salary cap number, because it does not include bonuses. I am not privied to what teams pay out for in bonuses prior to the season.. we know that there is typically a signing bonus associated with most contracts, and this guaranteed money gets prorated over the contract for several years. This is why when you go on spot tract you are only able to see Cap Hit for 2012.. in will say Salary, Signing Bonus, Other Bonus.. these numbers added up are what give you your Cap Hit for the year.

Manning $20 M
Dumervil $12 M
Bailey $9 M
DJ Williams $6 M
Kuper $4.5 M
Dreesen, Prater, & Tamme $2.5 M
Von Miller $2.28 M
Woodyard $2 M
Adams $1.75 M
Moreno $1.7 M
Hanie $1.25 M
Ayers $1.06 M
Caldwell $900 K
DT $836 K
Franklin $771 K
Ramirez & Hester $715 K
Beadles & Decker $575 K
Julius Thomas, Moore, Green, Irving, & Harris $555 K
Wolfe, Brewer, Malik Jackson, Steve Johnson, Bolden, Trevethan, Holliday, Hillman, & Osweiler $480 K

Salary Total Roughly $89 Million
So that is a current salary cap hit of $89 Million, this does not include bonuses, again I am not privied to bonuses because I do not have their actual contracts in front of me. But I do know based on viewing the amount of time left on current players contracts, there should not be a significant bonus cap hit… over the length of a time of a contract the cap hit either goes up or comes down, fortunately for us, our players with higher cap hits had more front loaded contracts, and what you see is what you get..

Signing Rookie Players
To sign a draft class will count about $7 Million against the cap..
This puts Denver at a $96 Million Cap Hit, this is with the list of players above and our signed draft class.. Remember this does not include the bonus money of players from the long list above, but that $7 million draft class is a very accurate total cap hit gauge.

Bonuses
As I have reieterated throughout the post, I am not privied to what the entire cap hit will be per player under contract because I do not know what their contract allows for in terms of bonuses. What I do know is the big name free agent who will get a huge signing bonus this offseason that will be prorated over the contract will be Ryan Clady, assuming of course he is resigned. When free agents sign a contract, they care more about the guaranteed money that they will get upfront and no matter if they are injured or not, salary is an after thought. Denver had $30 million dollars of bonuses towards the cap last season. If we assume that number is the same for 2013, then our cap figure is now $126 Million… this includes the entire list of current signed players, our draft class signed, and all bonuses included…
This will have Denver with about $5 million to spend towards impending free agents and free agents that will hit the open market. I just want to note I do not think the bonus money will account for some $30 million dollars next season, I expect about $20 million.. which gives us $15 million to spend towards free agency.

Impending Free Agents
Lance Ball, Justin Bannan, Keith Brooking, David Bruton, Tony Carter, Chris Clark, Britton Colquitt
C.J. Davis, Chris Gronkowski, Dan Koppen, Jim Leonhard, Sealver Siliga, Brandon Stokley, Mitch Unrein
Kevin Vickerson, Matt Willis, Tracy Porter, and Ryan Clady.

Conclusion
We are a very fortunate team in the NFL to have such a plethora of skilled young talent.. right now we are paying peanuts for guys who are doing great things on the roster. Regardless of who you think we should resign, who you think we should draft, who you think we should pursue in free agency.. you need to have a firm grasp of where we stand in regards to the cap. Maybe you think some deals should be reworked, maybe some players should be outright cut so we can increase our ability to spend.
My best assessment puts Denver with $5-$15 Million towards free agency spending.. that included our own impending free agents as well as whats their on the market. I spent several hours on this.. so make sure when you Draft Gurus use my numbers in your Mock threads, you be sure to give me a shout out, or reference that you got the numbers from me.. Enjoy the numbers and get creative!!
Thanks for the the work you have done but just want to note..

I was told that DJ for example had a number north of 7.7mil for next year well above your 6 mil number.

If you are off that much on him I suspect your 15 mil number for the team is probably closer to Zero..

Which means we have to cut several folks just to sign Rookies..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:08 AM   #19
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,203

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Just use this site for the bonuses.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-br...lvis-dumervil/

Doom's base is 12 million, signing bonus of 423K, and misc bonus of 4.525 million dollars for cap hit of 16,948 million dollars.
which means another 5 mil off in the base assumptions..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:19 AM   #20
Bmore Manning
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
which means another 5 mil off in the base assumptions..
No base salary is correct.. If you read what I wrote, I originally could not find the bonus numbers but DB4L pointed the top salary out and it included their bonuses. Once I added the bonuses up of current contract players it was between $15-$20 like I had anticipated, this gives about $20 million of cap space.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:29 AM   #21
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,203

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
No base salary is correct.. If you read what I wrote, I originally could not find the bonus numbers but DB4L pointed the top salary out and it included their bonuses. Once I added the bonuses up of current contract players it was between $15-$20 like I had anticipated, this gives about $20 million of cap space.
By base assumptions I meant having about 15 mil to sign UFA. I'll go check out the numbers Myself.

Just knowing we were just under Pats cap numbers and with players salary numbers going up each year. I just do not see having that much money left over even if the cap increases.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:49 AM   #22
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 24,110

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

/facepalm
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:54 AM   #23
Bmore Manning
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
By base assumptions I meant having about 15 mil to sign UFA. I'll go check out the numbers Myself.

Just knowing we were just under Pats cap numbers and with players salary numbers going up each year. I just do not see having that much money left over even if the cap increases.
All our players under contract account for about $90 million, adding the listed bonuses is another $15 - $20 million. That would leave about $20 - $25 million of cap space with the dead money cleared and the $10 million cap roll over. Then rookies are another $5+ million.. So you get a number that's at least $15 but could be closer to $20 million in off season cap room.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:55 AM   #24
Bmore Manning
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
/facepalm
...?
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:01 PM   #25
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,203

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
Denver rolled over 26 million into the Salary Cap in 2012, this made our Cap Total $147.26 Million of money available to be spent, which includes salary and bonus. Denver spent around $137.53 Million this season.. which means there’s about $10 million dollars of Cap Rollover into next season.. this is where I got my $10 Cap Room Number. That’s just rollover money, so this puts the spending mark limit around $131 Million roughly.. the Salary Cap is projected to be about $121 Million for 2013.

Now here is the intricate part which I said requires some pretty extensive research.. below is a list of the players under contract for the Denver Broncos heading into the 2013 NFL season and THEIR SALARY.. take note that this does not reflect the total salary cap number, because it does not include bonuses. I am not privied to what teams pay out for in bonuses prior to the season.. we know that there is typically a signing bonus associated with most contracts, and this guaranteed money gets prorated over the contract for several years. This is why when you go on spot tract you are only able to see Cap Hit for 2012.. in will say Salary, Signing Bonus, Other Bonus.. these numbers added up are what give you your Cap Hit for the year.

Manning $20 M
Dumervil $12 M
Bailey $9 M
DJ Williams $6 M
Kuper $4.5 M
Dreesen, Prater, & Tamme $2.5 M
Von Miller $2.28 M
Woodyard $2 M
Adams $1.75 M
Moreno $1.7 M
Hanie $1.25 M
Ayers $1.06 M
Caldwell $900 K
DT $836 K
Franklin $771 K
Ramirez & Hester $715 K
Beadles & Decker $575 K
Julius Thomas, Moore, Green, Irving, & Harris $555 K
Wolfe, Brewer, Malik Jackson, Steve Johnson, Bolden, Trevethan, Holliday, Hillman, & Osweiler $480 K

Salary Total Roughly $89 Million
So that is a current salary cap hit of $89 Million, this does not include bonuses, again I am not privied to bonuses because I do not have their actual contracts in front of me. But I do know based on viewing the amount of time left on current players contracts, there should not be a significant bonus cap hit… over the length of a time of a contract the cap hit either goes up or comes down, fortunately for us, our players with higher cap hits had more front loaded contracts, and what you see is what you get..

Signing Rookie Players
To sign a draft class will count about $7 Million against the cap..
This puts Denver at a $96 Million Cap Hit, this is with the list of players above and our signed draft class.. Remember this does not include the bonus money of players from the long list above, but that $7 million draft class is a very accurate total cap hit gauge.

Bonuses
As I have reieterated throughout the post, I am not privied to what the entire cap hit will be per player under contract because I do not know what their contract allows for in terms of bonuses. What I do know is the big name free agent who will get a huge signing bonus this offseason that will be prorated over the contract will be Ryan Clady, assuming of course he is resigned. When free agents sign a contract, they care more about the guaranteed money that they will get upfront and no matter if they are injured or not, salary is an after thought. Denver had $30 million dollars of bonuses towards the cap last season. If we assume that number is the same for 2013, then our cap figure is now $126 Million… this includes the entire list of current signed players, our draft class signed, and all bonuses included…
This will have Denver with about $5 million to spend towards impending free agents and free agents that will hit the open market. I just want to note I do not think the bonus money will account for some $30 million dollars next season, I expect about $20 million.. which gives us $15 million to spend towards free agency.

Impending Free Agents
Lance Ball, Justin Bannan, Keith Brooking, David Bruton, Tony Carter, Chris Clark, Britton Colquitt
C.J. Davis, Chris Gronkowski, Dan Koppen, Jim Leonhard, Sealver Siliga, Brandon Stokley, Mitch Unrein
Kevin Vickerson, Matt Willis, Tracy Porter, and Ryan Clady.

Conclusion
We are a very fortunate team in the NFL to have such a plethora of skilled young talent.. right now we are paying peanuts for guys who are doing great things on the roster. Regardless of who you think we should resign, who you think we should draft, who you think we should pursue in free agency.. you need to have a firm grasp of where we stand in regards to the cap. Maybe you think some deals should be reworked, maybe some players should be outright cut so we can increase our ability to spend.
My best assessment puts Denver with $5-$15 Million towards free agency spending.. that included our own impending free agents as well as whats their on the market. I spent several hours on this.. so make sure when you Draft Gurus use my numbers in your Mock threads, you be sure to give me a shout out, or reference that you got the numbers from me.. Enjoy the numbers and get creative!!
actual numbers from the site quoted..

Players currently under contract for 2013..

$104,209K and Change..

2012 players that will need to be replaced in some manner Unlikely most of these will be cheaper.. Other than Porter who was expensive as a Backup but would have been decent as a starter at $4mil..

$22,609k and change

total of the money is $126,818 K and change..

Code:
  	        Base Salary 	S. Bonus 	Misc. Bonus 	Cap Hit
Dumervil  2013 	12,000,000 423,000 	4,525,000 	16,948,00
Bailey 2013 	9,000,000 	- 	1,500,000 	10,500,000
Adams 2013 	1,750,000 	- 	250,000 	2,000,000
Ayers $2013 	1,060,000 	- 	1,181,250 	2,241,250  
Beadles 2013 	575,000 	430,000 	- 	1,005,000
Bolden 2013 	480,000 	118,607 	- 	598,607
Brewer      2013 	480,000 	1,333 	- 	481,333
Caldewell 2013 	900,000 	100,000 	- 	1,000,000
Decker 2013 	575,000 	183,037 	- 	758,037
Dressen  2013 	2,500,000 	833,333 	- 	3,333,333
Franklin 2013 	771,000 	420,000 	- 	1,191,000
Green 2013 	555,000 	4,320 	- 	559,320
Gronkowski  2012 	540,000 	- 	- 	540,000
Hanie        2013 	1,250,000 	- 	- 	1,250,000
HArris c   2013 	555,000 	1,000 	- 	556,000
Hester       2013 	715,000 	- 	- 	715,000
Hilman  2013 	480,000 	172,708 	- 	652,708
Holiday      2013 	480,000 	- 	- 	480,000
Irving   2013 	555,000 	173,750 	- 	728,750
Jackson      2013 	480,000 	53,400 	- 	533,400
Johnson     2013 	480,000 	4,000 	- 	484,000
Kuper   2013 4,500,000 	315,166 	1,100,000 	5,915,166
Manning  2013 	20,000,000 	-   	-   	20,000,000
Miller   2013 	2,284,125 	3,443,251 	- 	5,727,376
Moore    2013 	555,000 	432,500 	- 	987,500
Moreno      2013 	1,700,000 	832,000 	943,750 	3,475,750
Osweliere   2013 	480,000 	249,396 	- 	729,396
Pratar   2013 	2,500,000 	812,500 	- 	3,312,500
Tamme    2013 	2,500,000 	500,000 	- 	3,000,000
Thomas D  2013 	836,500 	1,593,750 	- 	2,430,250
Thomas J   2013 	555,000 	96,000 	- 	651,000
Trevathan   2013 	480,000 	26,018 	- 	506,018
Williams  2013 	6,000,000 	250,000 	1,482,500 	7,732,500
Wolfe   2013 	480,000 	566,910 	146,672 	1,193,582
Woodyard   2013 	2,000,000 	- 	- 	2,000,000

*****************

RFA/UFA
Ball           2012 	540,000 	- 	- 	540,000
Bannan     2012 	1,000,000 	- 	- 	1,000,000
Brooking 2012 	1,000,000 	- 	- 	1,000,000
Burton  2012 	615,000 	120,600 	-  735,600
Carter 2012 	615,000 	- 	- 	615,000
Clady   2012 	3,500,000 	- 	2,329,375 	5,829,375
Clark  2012 	540,000 	- 	- 	540,000
Colquitt 2012 	540,000 	- 	- 	540,000
Davis   2012 	615,000 	- 	- 	615,000
Koppen    2012 	825,000 	- 	- 	825,000
Leonard   2012 	825,000 	65,000 	- 	890,000
Porter   2012 	3,000,000 	1,000,000 	- 	4,000,000
Ramierez   2013 	715,000 	- 	- 	715,000
Siliga   2012 	390,000 	- 	- 	390,000
Stokely   2012 	1,000,000 	- 	- 	1,000,000
Urein   2012 	415,000 	- 	- 	415,000
Vickerson   2012 	1,200,000 	500,000 	- 	1,700,000
Willis    2012 	1,260,000 	- 	- 	1,260,000
While I applaud BMs work and thoughts here I see us with less than 20 million to work with to fill all the UFA or RFA spots that I either did not have valid numbers for for 2013 (RFA) or holes that UFA create..

that is assuming we do not resign Clady to the mega contract he is looking for..
If we do then we are looking at about 8 million of which he thinks 7 will be for Rookie contracts..

Now let me add something in here, Pat has had both Josh and John on a short leash in spending up to the cap value.. Therefore unless he opens up the purse strings we are either going to have to redo under performing players contracts, cut some of these guys or NOT sign any UFA and since we currently have only 35 players under contract something will have to give....

Last edited by lonestar; 12-23-2012 at 09:05 PM..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:25 AM.


Denver Broncos