The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2012, 10:54 PM   #2026
FearLanier
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolandftw View Post
I doubt Bowe gets franchised again, considering the long hold out and the distraction it caused. Not to mention, it's about $11.5 million if they franchise him again, isn't it?

If they draft a QB, makes sense to reach a longterm deal with Bowe though. Worth trying at least.

Far as the QB goes, there isn't a guy that's probably truly a #1 type pick. But KC or whoever is at #1 will convince themselves to take someone #1 (likely Geno). Maybe Tyler Wilson has a monster Senior Bowl, and really impresses teams and ends up being the pick.

Be interesting to see if Clark really has it in him to fire Pioli/Crennel at the end of the year.
Bowe wants to stay. He's said so.

As for the QB debate, I'm still laughing at scouts for their funny takes. They did the same thing in 2005. 2004 was an elite class and they didn't rate the next QB class very high, and neither did teams as this QB fell on draft day. That QB was Aaron Rodgers and he is a better QB now than the entire 2004 class. Just goes to show you never know.

Geno isn't a generational QB, but he is a guy you can build a franchise around. He's accuracy is incredible, he rarely turned the ball over all 3 years, he played in 2 systems and played extremely well, he has a very quick release, he's a very smart kid who is a perfectionist and is said to have a very good football IQ and his pocket presence is extremely good.

I like this Glennon kid too. Reminds me a lot of Matt Ryan (his coach, who was Ryan's coach at BC, made this comparison too).
He has great size (6'6" 332 lbs), an extremely strong arm, said to have a really high football IQ and did a great job despite having horrible WR's and a bad coach. If he was at USC this year, I think he would have had 4,000+ passing yards, 40+ TD's and a 60% or better completion percentage.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:00 AM   #2027
Rolandftw
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Well, Bowe is playing the high road. After hearing all the talk about how he didn't want to play in KC, and was looking to leave after the year, he just wanted to set the record straight.

KC still has to give a fair market offer for it to happen. Maybe if a new GM comes in, that will happen. Doubt it happens with Pioli, if he does stay another year.

Really not sold on any of the QB's but someone will separate themselves from the pack and if KC is at #1, they should get a good QB (assuming Pioli is gone, otherwise say hello to Bennie Logan)
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:03 PM   #2028
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 38,248

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Dustin Colquit is the best player on kFc.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 04:31 PM   #2029
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 38,248

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

4th and goal and Lilja wouldn't snap the ball! Not that they were going to score but it was the funniest delay of game ever! kFc is so bad they need to create a new word to describe it.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 06:18 PM   #2030
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 26,184

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!
Default

Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 06:26 PM   #2031
DAN_BRONCO_FAN
Ring of Famer
 
weed will win

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: colorado springs area
Posts: 3,938

Adopt-a-Bronco:
miles
Default

so kfc is going to draft a back up qb with their pick . thats just sooper dooper
DAN_BRONCO_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 06:34 PM   #2032
Rolandftw
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Chief fans hoping for the tanking to continue should hope for New England to lose tonight. If New England has the #2 seed locked up, before game time of Kc at Denver, there isn't going to be much incentive for Denver to win

Still, not sure Denver would lose even if they start Brock
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 06:57 PM   #2033
FearLanier
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolandftw View Post
Chief fans hoping for the tanking to continue should hope for New England to lose tonight. If New England has the #2 seed locked up, before game time of Kc at Denver, there isn't going to be much incentive for Denver to win

Still, not sure Denver would lose even if they start Brock
You guys would still win. Without Bowe, KC has no offense except Charles.

I think Manning and the starters will play for a quarter or so.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:01 PM   #2034
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLanier View Post
You guys would still win. Without Bowe, KC has no offense except Charles.

I think Manning and the starters will play for a quarter or so.
If SF wins they will play
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:10 PM   #2035
Rolandftw
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLanier View Post
You guys would still win. Without Bowe, KC has no offense except Charles.

I think Manning and the starters will play for a quarter or so.
Maybe. Maybe not. Hard to say. It'd certainly be a better chance for KC to win at least.

Hoping the Niners win tonight, though and the issue is moot
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:26 PM   #2036
FearLanier
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

I think Manning will still have the starters play for a bit regardless of what happens in NE tonight.

You guys are on a roll and the streak is there but not playing at all can hurt teams in the playoffs. We've seen it before.

I think Manning would approach it like a 3rd preseason game. Play for a quarter of two.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:30 PM   #2037
Rolandftw
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLanier View Post
I think Manning will still have the starters play for a bit regardless of what happens in NE tonight.

You guys are on a roll and the streak is there but not playing at all can hurt teams in the playoffs. We've seen it before.

I think Manning would approach it like a 3rd preseason game. Play for a quarter of two.
I think they'd play for a series, not much more. Certainly anyone that was questionable with injuries would sit out. We've seen teams win titles when they rested players, and we've seen teams lose in the playoffs when they don't rest anyone
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:37 PM   #2038
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer
 
Bronco Rob's Avatar
 
The Alpha & The Omega

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 4,903

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay
Default

Chiefs’ Brandon Flowers “not too worried about Peyton Manning”


Chiefs cornerback Brandon Flowers doesn’t think Peyton Manning’s arrival in Denver makes the Broncos the favorites in the AFC West.

“Peyton Manning, he’s a quarterback that everyone wants to have,” Flowers said. “He’s not going to turn the ball over, he’s not going to make critical mistakes. But I’m going out there saying if my man can’t get open, he won’t have no one to throw the ball to. So as long as I do my part, we’re not too worried about Peyton Manning.”



http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...eyton-manning/
Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:21 AM   #2039
Pick Six
Armchair Poster
 
Pick Six's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Topeka, KS
Posts: 22,791
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post
Chiefs’ Brandon Flowers “not too worried about Peyton Manning”


Chiefs cornerback Brandon Flowers doesn’t think Peyton Manning’s arrival in Denver makes the Broncos the favorites in the AFC West.

“Peyton Manning, he’s a quarterback that everyone wants to have,” Flowers said. “He’s not going to turn the ball over, he’s not going to make critical mistakes. But I’m going out there saying if my man can’t get open, he won’t have no one to throw the ball to. So as long as I do my part, we’re not too worried about Peyton Manning.”



http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...eyton-manning/
Ah, yes. I LOVE reading articles predicting that the Chiefs would win the West...
Pick Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:39 AM   #2040
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,122

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

10 net rushing yards. EPIC
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:25 AM   #2041
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,347

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

I wonder if Bowe really wants to stay in kc. He's probably tired of the circus and wants to play of a winner. I can see him in orange and blue. Move Decker into the slot.

booyah.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:51 AM   #2042
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer
 
Bronco Rob's Avatar
 
The Alpha & The Omega

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 4,903

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
I wonder if Bowe really wants to stay in kc. He's probably tired of the circus and wants to play of a winner. I can see him in orange and blue. Move Decker into the slot.

booyah.

Pioli and Bowe do not get along since he was not one of his selections among other reasons. Scotty thought he could get rid of deeboo by drafting Baldwin.
Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:54 PM   #2043
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 38,248

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

I just found this Mock Draft and this guy has kFc taking an OT 1st because he doesn't feel the QB prospects this draft are worth taking!

Actually I would be more worried about kFc making a trade for Flynn and hitting on him than I would if they took a QB in the draft.

So glad kFc and Oakland have high picks this year.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:05 PM   #2044
FearLanier
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
I just found this Mock Draft and this guy has kFc taking an OT 1st because he doesn't feel the QB prospects this draft are worth taking!

Actually I would be more worried about kFc making a trade for Flynn and hitting on him than I would if they took a QB in the draft.

So glad kFc and Oakland have high picks this year.
Geno Smith and Tyler Wilson both look like they are going to be very good QB's. Would love to have either one of them.

I would take Geno over a lot of 1st round QB's in the last 10 years. He is a smart young man who is driven.

Last edited by FearLanier; 12-18-2012 at 09:08 PM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:24 PM   #2045
Pick Six
Armchair Poster
 
Pick Six's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Topeka, KS
Posts: 22,791
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
I just found this Mock Draft and this guy has kFc taking an OT 1st because he doesn't feel the QB prospects this draft are worth taking!

Actually I would be more worried about kFc making a trade for Flynn and hitting on him than I would if they took a QB in the draft.

So glad kFc and Oakland have high picks this year.
A better offensive line would make the current kFc quarterbacks better...
Pick Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:28 PM   #2046
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 38,248

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic View Post
A better offensive line would make the current kFc quarterbacks better...
Quinn has always been a streaky passer, he is way to inconsistent to win games at the NFL level, I can't remember Quinn put one ball up deep this year.

Cassell can look very good in spots but he turns the ball over way too much. I think a better OL would help him out. I think Quinn is a lost cause and he better be thinking about life after football, maybe he can stick around and do play by play for kFc local news or something, it is not like they have anyone after Len Dawson to go to down there.

Also the WR's not dropping balls that hit them in their hands would help too
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:31 AM   #2047
FearLanier
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Quinn has always been a streaky passer, he is way to inconsistent to win games at the NFL level, I can't remember Quinn put one ball up deep this year.

Cassell can look very good in spots but he turns the ball over way too much. I think a better OL would help him out. I think Quinn is a lost cause and he better be thinking about life after football, maybe he can stick around and do play by play for kFc local news or something, it is not like they have anyone after Len Dawson to go to down there.

Also the WR's not dropping balls that hit them in their hands would help too
Nah we got Trent Green. He was made for the media.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 03:58 PM   #2048
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 25,421
Default




Via @NAWTADIGM comes this photo snapped at a Kansas City Chiefs tailgate where a fan is serving his fellow downtrodden friends cookies made to look like poop. It’s like the usual sh*t-eating experience of rooting for the Chiefs, only in literal and edible form. Don’t be shy, Chiefs fans. Even if the cookies might be coiled in a way that they look a little bit too much like pretzels, the texture looks remarkably turd-like. Truly, KC fans have eaten enough crap to know the genuine article.



Read more: http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...#ixzz2FdSzlSJb
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:14 PM   #2049
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 38,248

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

This week kFc gets to play the team they hope to be next year. The Colts had the top pick in the draft last year and parlayed that into a great draft that produced multiple starters at need positions.

The Colts not only hit in the draft but by retooling their coaching staff they have been able to weather the storm of losing their HC for most of the season. NO lost their HC for the season and weren't deep enough to stay in the playoff hunt.

Is it likely that kFc will be able to find a GM, HC and staff, QB, and fill other positions of need in one offseason? I don't see the talent in this draft for them to pull it off. I really think it is more likely they miss on a GM, reach on a QB, and don't find a HC who has the ability to develop a rookie QB.

Personally I think kFc is needs to give Romeo and Pilioi a couple more years to build a team in their image, after all Romeo has one Winning season in his career, he is bound to hit on one eventually.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:22 PM   #2050
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,786

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
This week kFc gets to play the team they hope to be next year. The Colts had the top pick in the draft last year and parlayed that into a great draft that produced multiple starters at need positions.

The Colts not only hit in the draft but by retooling their coaching staff they have been able to weather the storm of losing their HC for most of the season. NO lost their HC for the season and weren't deep enough to stay in the playoff hunt.

Is it likely that kFc will be able to find a GM, HC and staff, QB, and fill other positions of need in one offseason? I don't see the talent in this draft for them to pull it off. I really think it is more likely they miss on a GM, reach on a QB, and don't find a HC who has the ability to develop a rookie QB.

Personally I think kFc is needs to give Romeo and Pilioi a couple more years to build a team in their image, after all Romeo has one Winning season in his career, he is bound to hit on one eventually.
I wonder if they make a hard play for Arians.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:10 AM.


Denver Broncos