The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2012, 05:52 PM   #51
yerner
Ring of Famer

they should just let tebow play qb for florida for as long as he can.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:09 PM   #52
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..

Quote:
Originally Posted by KipCorrington25 View Post
We'd like that 1st round pick back, thanks a lot McCheat, you moron.
Or as I like to look at it, the equivalent of Brandon Marshall (we traded to draft him a high 2nd, high 3rd, middle 4th is the same as a high 2nd and low 2nd or 2 middle 2nds)
Jekyll15Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:09 PM   #53
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Gene helping John figure out FA

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

One of my friends is a neighbor to a guy who went to school with Howard Griffith. He said Howard said (I know it is lightrail stuff but thought I would share anyway) that for 2 days after they traded for Tebow the Jets staff had to console Schanzes(sp?) and convince him they didn't bring him in to take his job. I know it is a rumor but it kinda makes sense in that Tebow hasn't been featured in a passing game role and why they would give the starting job to McElroy over Timmy.

I was supposed to meet Howard once but couldn't make the party because of my health, I did see pictures of him at the party though so I know the knowing Howard part is legit.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:42 PM   #54
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

New York Jets quarterback Tim Tebow reportedly will request to be traded or released after the season.
The move is expected if backup quarterback Greg McElroy starts the final two games of the season for the Jets, the New York Daily News reported Tuesday, citing sources.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/report-...0863--nfl.html
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:49 PM   #55
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Gene helping John figure out FA

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
New York Jets quarterback Tim Tebow reportedly will request to be traded or released after the season.
The move is expected if backup quarterback Greg McElroy starts the final two games of the season for the Jets, the New York Daily News reported Tuesday, citing sources.

Didn't this come out around week 4?

I wonder if he will want to be Punt Protector with the Jag's?
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:53 PM   #56
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Didn't this come out around week 4?

I wonder if he will want to be Punt Protector with the Jag's?
Two hours ago.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:54 PM   #57
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by KipCorrington25 View Post
We'd like that 1st round pick back, thanks a lot McCheat, you moron.
You don't like Manning?
HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:56 PM   #58
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy Broncos Fan View Post
They need a leader to rally those players, the fans and the organization. I think that is what Tim offers over McCleroy and Sanchez.
So why not McElroy?

He played in the SEC (which to most Tebow fans = NFL quality competition)...had a successful college career, winning the NCAA national title in 2009 at Alabama, and by all accounts is just as good a team leader and positive locker room presence. In fact he was the guy that wasn't afraid to call out some of the selfish players on the Jets prior to this season.

Maybe he steps up and leads the team....maybe not. won't know unless he gets a chance right?
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:56 PM   #59
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:

and the new starting QB for the Kansas City Chiefs is...
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:59 PM   #60
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:

#freetebow

If you are not going to give him a chance, do the right thing and free the tebow.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:01 PM   #61
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Good for Tim. Get the hell out of that zoo you deserve better treatment.

Never will understand all the Tebow hate that goes on around here from the lounge lizards that would be lucky to have 1/4 the drive and dedication to their profession. I'm sure Tebow isn't wasting hours of his employers time posting on a message board. Tebow gave the Broncos 110% every minute he was here why is that not appreciated?

Sometimes I think Cutler was right when he called us a 6 on the fan scale.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:16 PM   #62
BroncoBeavis

At this point starting Tebow is all downside for Rexy. Anything resembling a spark would establish even further that Coach singlehandedly ****ed the season.

What motive would he possibly have for starting TT now?
Old 12-18-2012, 08:18 PM   #63
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post

Never will understand all the Tebow hate that goes on around here from the lounge lizards that would be lucky to have 1/4 the drive and dedication to their profession. I'm sure Tebow isn't wasting hours of his employers time posting on a message board. Tebow gave the Broncos 110% every minute he was here why is that not appreciated?

To succeed, you must have talent. Timmy has a lot of NFL talent, just not at the QB position.
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:19 PM   #64
Punisher
Punisher Vs Judge Dredd

Who ya Got?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

If the Jets were smart they'll make a run for Kirk Cousins the kid is a player, and can be a hell of a QB. Probably can get him for dirt cheap if they play their cards right
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:24 PM   #65
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
At this point starting Tebow is all downside for Rexy. Anything resembling a spark would establish even further that Coach singlehandedly ****ed the season.

[IMG]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSgba6HzrpjxqqJWCUafU9W4-OTeB7nTN5kkvaDOMZ***tLCOmG[/IMG]

Last edited by bowtown; 12-18-2012 at 08:26 PM..
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:35 PM   #66
Mile High Salute

Man, is about 2 years away from having his own megachurch show on one of the public access channels.

Kinda sucks for him - looks like he should've chosen Jacksonville. (Still not sure why NY traded for him when they weren't even going to use him?? ) Well at least he will always have the memories of last season, which was pretty darn magical, even if it had its ugly moments (i.e. the first 58 minutes of each game ). Still, if this season and last have proven anything, it's that Elway was right. This team was built to contend in a weak AFC West, all it needed was an above-average QB to guide the ship and not screw it up. I'd say our Hall of Famer's doing pretty nicely so far.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:36 PM   #67
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post

what does he have to lose? He's gone at the end of this season anyway. If I was Rex I'd go full Tebow and screw everyone who doesn't like it. One thing is for sure, TT will put on a heck of a show and maybe will the team to a win or two.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:37 PM   #68
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
If the Jets were smart they'll make a run for Kirk Cousins the kid is a player, and can be a hell of a QB. Probably can get him for dirt cheap if they play their cards right
What is dirt cheap? He was a 4th round pick. Surely you do not think the red people are going to unload him for a cheap pick.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:39 PM   #69
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

kirk cousins, another qb kc passed up. LMAO!!!
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:43 PM   #70
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
what does he have to lose? He's gone at the end of this season anyway. If I was Rex I'd go full Tebow and screw everyone who doesn't like it. One thing is for sure, TT will put on a heck of a show and maybe will the team to a win or two.
Play McElroy. He brought them back and won the Arizona game. See what he has the last two games.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:48 PM   #71
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

I think his only option of getting any type of playing time as a QB would for him to go the CFL route. His best shot in the NFL was last year with us.

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/bron...timate-letdown
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:49 PM   #72
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
To succeed, you must have talent. Timmy has a lot of NFL talent, just not at the QB position.

Fine doesn't mean he deserved to be ridiculed. Kid gave what he had and then some and provided a lot of excitement for Bronco fans last season.

IMO those dumping on Tebow because he hasn't panned out a a qb are a classless bunch. What more did you expect from the guy when he was here?

Now I suppose I will be called a Tebow nuthugger a few times just because i respect the kid and the way he handles himself.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:00 PM   #73
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post

Yeah, maybe Jay was right, baja...about you.

On March 14, 2012 baja stated the following -

OK I've read much of this thread and this is my take.

If the Bronco's dump Tebow because they have an old, injured HOA QB for a few years at best I will dump the Broncos as my favorite team of 41 years.

Tebow has earned his shot. If he doesn't get it F the Bronco organization. I don't want to be a fan of a classless organization. There is already too many classless persons playing the sport.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthr...ss#post3516560
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:04 PM   #74
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Like I said earlier. Imagine if we'd stuck with old best chance to win Kyle through 12 weeks last year then had Tim come light a fire for two or three games. Not sure Fox would've survived it. To his credit Fox was able to admit his mistake early enough to save a season. Rex rode the Jets into the turf because he couldn't admit that Dirty Sanchez was a mistake.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:08 PM   #75
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

u
Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Yeah, maybe Jay was right, baja...about you.

On March 14, 2012 baja stated the following -

OK I've read much of this thread and this is my take.

If the Bronco's dump Tebow because they have an old, injured HOA QB for a few years at best I will dump the Broncos as my favorite team of 41 years.

Tebow has earned his shot. If he doesn't get it F the Bronco organization. I don't want to be a fan of a classless organization. There is already too many classless persons playing the sport.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthr...ss#post3516560
....Nice find E. I never realized stoner boy joined the Atlas & Socal club so long ago.
HAT is offline   Reply With Quote