The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2012, 05:47 PM   #51
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 55,863

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Once the Chiefs settle down in L.A. and change their names, they'll straighten this **** out.

What did Slap used to say? The L.A. Dukes.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:21 PM   #52
Rolandftw
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLanier View Post
With how weak the AFC is, I think it's possible to be in the WC race next year with a good QB and good HC.
Maybe. Their pass defense has been pretty bad. And even if Bowe re-signs, they don't really have many options offensively. They need to sign Bowe, and draft/sign at least one more impact WR. Defensively, need to bring in at least one impact player in the secondary ideally at CB. A legitimate #2 RB would make their rushing attack more lethal as well.

I think to be in the WC race, the QB they bring in would have to have a RG3 type of impact, among other contributions for the new additions--which is doubtful.

KC is in a similar position to where Denver was after the 2010 season. Needing the perfect storm to occur to have a shot at the playoffs. It could happen but it's likely 2-3 years off.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:59 PM   #53
FearLanier
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolandftw View Post
Maybe. Their pass defense has been pretty bad. And even if Bowe re-signs, they don't really have many options offensively. They need to sign Bowe, and draft/sign at least one more impact WR. Defensively, need to bring in at least one impact player in the secondary ideally at CB. A legitimate #2 RB would make their rushing attack more lethal as well.

I think to be in the WC race, the QB they bring in would have to have a RG3 type of impact, among other contributions for the new additions--which is doubtful.

KC is in a similar position to where Denver was after the 2010 season. Needing the perfect storm to occur to have a shot at the playoffs. It could happen but it's likely 2-3 years off.
Flowers has been awesome this year for what he's been given. Very glad we have him. Berry is finally starting to get his legs back (his injury was worse than Charles/Moeaki because he played some snaps after he tore it).

This coaching staff is misusing the hell out of Baldwin, plus Cassel and Quinn have thrown the worst passes imaginable to both him and Bowe. And Breaston isn't playing because he's a Haley guy! Complete and utter BS.

KC doesn't need an RG3 to be a WC. Look at the Colts and Seahawks. As hyped as Luck was coming out, he hasn't been that great this year. Hell his last 3 games he's had a completion percentage under 50%.

It's all about what coach is brought in IMO. If a guy like Reid or Holmgren are brought in, I will love the move. Both great coaches for QB's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:23 PM   #54
swaiy
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

I'd like to think it would be easier to defend against Luck. With the exception of random scrambles, he isn't going to be doing alot of running. Funny how the read option was going to be a fad like the wildcat. Here we are the very next year and it is a viable offense because it isnt the Broncos led by you know who.

I think Luck will have a better second year than Russell or RG3.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:46 PM   #55
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Beat the Chefs! Tough and Competent

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 37,534

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLanier View Post
Flowers has been awesome this year for what he's been given. Very glad we have him. Berry is finally starting to get his legs back (his injury was worse than Charles/Moeaki because he played some snaps after he tore it).

This coaching staff is misusing the hell out of Baldwin, plus Cassel and Quinn have thrown the worst passes imaginable to both him and Bowe. And Breaston isn't playing because he's a Haley guy! Complete and utter BS.

KC doesn't need an RG3 to be a WC. Look at the Colts and Seahawks. As hyped as Luck was coming out, he hasn't been that great this year. Hell his last 3 games he's had a completion percentage under 50%.

It's all about what coach is brought in IMO. If a guy like Reid or Holmgren are brought in, I will love the move. Both great coaches for QB's.
Flowers and Berry are the best 2 players on your back 7 and yet they still get beaten regularly, they could be part of a good secondary if you guys got a 2nd CB, Nickle back, and another Safety to play across from Berry. You still need to get outside LB's who can stop the run DE's who can set the edge, and 2 DT's. I watched Hali and Houston vs Oakland and they were terrible vs the run. Neither could set the edge or get off a block. I watched McFadden run around them to the outside a couple times, once vs Houston he didn't even need to get wide because Houston was blown so far off the ball.

Offensively you need to protect whomever they bring in to replace the hot garbage you have at QB and I just haven't seen the protection being there. Charles and McCluster make the OL look better as a run block unit because of their speed but put Hillis or drones back there and they get killed, especially in short yardage where good OL's prove how good they are.

I hope you guys get a game manager for a QB and have to watch dink and dunk football, your receivers had at least 6 or more clear drops last week. When a bad QB gets the ball to their hands your guys have to make the catch and they just don't. We get to watch PM put the ball in tight windows and watch DT make unbelieveable catches out of balance extended while being contacted and he comes down with the ball. The ball hits Baldwin or Bowe in the hands uncontested and they drop it. Good luck with a game managing QB trying to convert 3rd and 5, hitting that corp in the hands. More than likely his completion percentage will take a hit until you get at least 2 more WR's and at least another TE. Of course that is assuming he is not laying on his back because his OL got him creamed.

I wonder if Chicago doesn't go after Andy Reid to try to develop Cutler, they need to get a guy who will lay down the law to Cutler while designing a system that plays to his strengths.

Holmgren is done, he is out of touch with today's NFL. I would love to see you get him. I think Reid can still find a way to win games but it is clear his message has fallen on deaf ears in Philly.

Like Roland said above kFc will need the perfect storm in order to be looking at a wildcard game in the next couple years.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:31 PM   #56
Rolandftw
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLanier View Post
Flowers has been awesome this year for what he's been given. Very glad we have him. Berry is finally starting to get his legs back (his injury was worse than Charles/Moeaki because he played some snaps after he tore it).

This coaching staff is misusing the hell out of Baldwin, plus Cassel and Quinn have thrown the worst passes imaginable to both him and Bowe. And Breaston isn't playing because he's a Haley guy! Complete and utter BS.

KC doesn't need an RG3 to be a WC. Look at the Colts and Seahawks. As hyped as Luck was coming out, he hasn't been that great this year. Hell his last 3 games he's had a completion percentage under 50%.

It's all about what coach is brought in IMO. If a guy like Reid or Holmgren are brought in, I will love the move. Both great coaches for QB's.
I agree Flowers has played well for the most part. His size will sometimes hurt him against some of the bigger and better WR's in the NFL though. They just have really no talent at the CB position after Flowers

Berry has improved and had a monster game Sunday, but Kendrick Lewis and the lack of any true depth at FS kills KC's secondary

Guess I don't buy that Baldwin is being misused. Just don't see any separation or explosion off the line of scrimmage for him. Maybe in the right situation, he could be a good WR for you guys but he needs to be coached up big time.

And Luck hasn't been great, but in the context of him being a rookie with a temporary head coach, he's done awesome. He probably throws in the 4300-4500 yard range.

He's also had 6 game winning drives in their 9 wins. I don't have the numbers in front of me, but that's got to be leading the NFL.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:43 AM   #57
FearLanier
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Flowers and Berry are the best 2 players on your back 7 and yet they still get beaten regularly, they could be part of a good secondary if you guys got a 2nd CB, Nickle back, and another Safety to play across from Berry. You still need to get outside LB's who can stop the run DE's who can set the edge, and 2 DT's. I watched Hali and Houston vs Oakland and they were terrible vs the run. Neither could set the edge or get off a block. I watched McFadden run around them to the outside a couple times, once vs Houston he didn't even need to get wide because Houston was blown so far off the ball.

Offensively you need to protect whomever they bring in to replace the hot garbage you have at QB and I just haven't seen the protection being there. Charles and McCluster make the OL look better as a run block unit because of their speed but put Hillis or drones back there and they get killed, especially in short yardage where good OL's prove how good they are.

I hope you guys get a game manager for a QB and have to watch dink and dunk football, your receivers had at least 6 or more clear drops last week. When a bad QB gets the ball to their hands your guys have to make the catch and they just don't. We get to watch PM put the ball in tight windows and watch DT make unbelieveable catches out of balance extended while being contacted and he comes down with the ball. The ball hits Baldwin or Bowe in the hands uncontested and they drop it. Good luck with a game managing QB trying to convert 3rd and 5, hitting that corp in the hands. More than likely his completion percentage will take a hit until you get at least 2 more WR's and at least another TE. Of course that is assuming he is not laying on his back because his OL got him creamed.

I wonder if Chicago doesn't go after Andy Reid to try to develop Cutler, they need to get a guy who will lay down the law to Cutler while designing a system that plays to his strengths.

Holmgren is done, he is out of touch with today's NFL. I would love to see you get him. I think Reid can still find a way to win games but it is clear his message has fallen on deaf ears in Philly.

Like Roland said above kFc will need the perfect storm in order to be looking at a wildcard game in the next couple years.
I've watched Flowers all year and he's only been beaten twice. Really not bad. Routt and Brown were the one who was getting beaten a lot.

As for the OL, they did get manhandled against the Raiders. Branden Albert wasn't playing though and that was a big reason why Quinn got heat from the left side. Rodney Hudson did a great job when he was in there before he got hurt. I really like Hudson's potential. There are pieces that need to be evaluated, but we always look bad against the Raiders in the trenches which bugs me.

As for Tamba and Houston, you can't blame them directly for the running problem. The Raiders ran right at Ropati Pitouta on the right side and he was horrible all day. It's really tough for a 270 lb LB to stop the run when the DE gets washed out repeatedly and a pulling G and FB are in front of you.

I'm not a fan of Romeo's dinosaur defense anymore. Tyson Jackson holding 2 gaps is holding him back. He's played some 1 gap the last month and guess what? 3 sacks, 1 stuff and 6 QB pressures. That's what gets to me.

Baldwin has a problem with separation, but yet Daboll is having him run straight down the field. Why? Why not work him in the intermediate routes to use his strength? The answer is because Daboll is a clown.

And you can't blame Bowe for drops. Manning puts the ball in a perfect place. Quinn and Cassel have the worst ball placement I've ever seen. Bowe's even had less drops than Thomas. Thomas has actually had twice as many drops as Bowe. If Bowe was in Thomas' place, he'd probably have 1,300 yards and 15 TD's.

Last edited by FearLanier; 12-19-2012 at 09:46 AM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 12:10 AM   #58
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer
 
Bronco Rob's Avatar
 
The Alpha & The Omega

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 4,857

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLanier View Post
Clark's moves.

1. Fire the GM that was extremely close to his family.
2. Sign the best GM at the time by far. Literally everyone saw it as a great move for the franchise.
3. Pay that man more than any NFL GM in the league.

People saying Clark doesn't care and that he's cheap always crack me up.

Explain Brandon Carr..


Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:31 AM   #59
FearLanier
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post
Explain Brandon Carr..


Clark is the owner not the GM. Carr was all Pioli.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:57 PM.


Denver Broncos