The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2012, 04:00 PM   #401
Swedish Extrovert
President of the Universe
 
Swedish Extrovert's Avatar
 
Formerly known as mightysmurf

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Highlands Ranch
Posts: 15,935

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bruton
Default

McGahee would be a badass fullback. He wouldn't take the job though.
Swedish Extrovert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:03 PM   #402
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 7,704
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Brandon Lloyd says "Hey, how's it goin."

Did anyone ever advocate a midseason dump on Moreno though? I think most of the conversations were about whether he was worth his salary next year.

I think that's still TBD... but at least less laughable than before.
that was different, that ****er was pure cancer. we depleted nothing by shedding him.
we had others who had the potential to step up.
the advocates for dealing Moreno meant more PT for Lance Ball or if we cut DJ depending on a rookie and a injured Nate Irving to provide depth.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:09 PM   #403
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 7,704
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightysmurf View Post
McGahee would be a badass fullback. He wouldn't take the job though.
they already tried that in Baltimore, that's partly why he's a Bronco now. he hated being a blocking back and wanted the rock.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:05 PM   #404
Aftermath
Creep
 
Aftermath's Avatar
 
Broncos | Flyers | Tigers

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Dirty Glove
Posts: 793

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker
Default

I must say it. Moreno looks a hell of a lot better. I had to see it again, and he looked great again. I'm shocked. But, the minute I believe in Moreno is when he gets hurt or does something stupid. As a Broncos fan I'll happily eat crow. Lets just hope he keeps it up.
Aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:43 PM   #405
NUB
Just Crafted
 
NUB's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,531

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Aye. That was Moreno's best game as a pro, in my opinion. If he can consistently play like that I'm all on board.
NUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:01 AM   #406
fontaine
Ring of Famer
 
fontaine's Avatar
 
Go John Manning!

Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 13,013
Default

If Moreno continues to play this well, then it not only helps us now but in the offseason when RB won't be such a priority. Hopefully we can grab someone like Mike Goodson if S-Jax prices himself out.

Wonder what's going on with Medenhall, doesn't look like he's going to be a steeler for long.
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 05:05 AM   #407
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!
 
Ray Finkle's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 7,467
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontaine View Post
If Moreno continues to play this well, then it not only helps us now but in the offseason when RB won't be such a priority. Hopefully we can grab someone like Mike Goodson if S-Jax prices himself out.

Wonder what's going on with Medenhall, doesn't look like he's going to be a steeler for long.
The Steelers lockerroom doesn't want anything to do with him. I'd avoid that guy like the plague.
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 05:43 AM   #408
socalorado
Ring of Famer
 
socalorado's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,291
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontaine View Post
If Moreno continues to play this well, then it not only helps us now but in the offseason when RB won't be such a priority. Hopefully we can grab someone like Mike Goodson if S-Jax prices himself out.

Wonder what's going on with Medenhall, doesn't look like he's going to be a steeler for long.
DO.NOT.WANT.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 05:50 AM   #409
fontaine
Ring of Famer
 
fontaine's Avatar
 
Go John Manning!

Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 13,013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Finkle View Post
The Steelers lockerroom doesn't want anything to do with him. I'd avoid that guy like the plague.
Hmm. . . if the guy is a nutjob then pass but I haven't heard anything really about what's going on with him.
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 05:55 AM   #410
socalorado
Ring of Famer
 
socalorado's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,291
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontaine View Post
Hmm. . . if the guy is a nutjob then pass but I haven't heard anything really about what's going on with him.
MENDENHALL= NUTJOB
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:15 AM   #411
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!
 
Ray Finkle's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 7,467
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontaine View Post
Hmm. . . if the guy is a nutjob then pass but I haven't heard anything really about what's going on with him.
A good buddy of mine is a die hard Steelers fan. Mendenhall was good at one point but now he fumbles too much and when he opens his mouth, the dumbest things fall out of it.

I'd rather have Jacobs on the team than Mendenhall and Jacobs is useless.
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:19 AM   #412
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Finkle View Post
A good buddy of mine is a die hard Steelers fan. Mendenhall was good at one point but now he fumbles too much and when he opens his mouth, the dumbest things fall out of it.

I'd rather have Jacobs on the team than Mendenhall and Jacobs is useless.
Just say no to rashard mendenladen.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:08 PM   #413
dictionary
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Just say no to rashard mendenladen.
Agreed: .
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:17 PM   #414
Dedhed
Ring of Famer
 
Dedhed's Avatar
 
Fare thee well

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 9,934

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dictionary View Post
Agreed: .
WTF is that!
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:29 PM   #415
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather
 
Houshyamama's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 4,508

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
WTF is that!
That is a man dry humping another man. This is common practice for the Steelers.
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:36 PM   #416
Aftermath
Creep
 
Aftermath's Avatar
 
Broncos | Flyers | Tigers

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Dirty Glove
Posts: 793

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker
Default

Mendenhall has NEVER been good.
Aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 05:10 PM   #417
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,222

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aftermath View Post
Mendenhall has NEVER been good.
OK the guy was 7th in rushing yards and 2nd in rushing TDs in 2010.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 05:36 PM   #418
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,187
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
OK the guy was 7th in rushing yards and 2nd in rushing TDs in 2010.
Exactly...he's had his moments. But he's been often maligned by Steeler players and fans alike ever since his fumble in SB basically cost them the game in their minds but, Ben's INT returned for TD had nothing to do with it.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 05:53 PM   #419
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,222

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Exactly...he's had his moments. But he's been often maligned by Steeler players and fans alike ever since his fumble in SB basically cost them the game in their minds but, Ben's INT returned for TD had nothing to do with it.
He also was 7th in first down runs with 61 and 5th in runs for over 20 yards in 2010. He isn't a super star, but to say he has NEVER been good seems a bit harsh.

There are could be some interesting running backs released next season, Ryan Mathews, Chris Johnson, Micheal Turner and DeAngelo Williams/Johnathan Stewart. Could make for a good FA core of backs.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:18 PM   #420
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 
Fun at the range MAR 2014

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 9,238

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
He also was 7th in first down runs with 61 and 5th in runs for over 20 yards in 2010. He isn't a super star, but to say he has NEVER been good seems a bit harsh.

There are could be some interesting running backs released next season, Ryan Mathews, Chris Johnson, Micheal Turner and DeAngelo Williams/Johnathan Stewart. Could make for a good FA core of backs.
The price would be too high for what you get on any of those guys IMO. I think if KM continues to run this good and does not get injured, that will go a long way with Elway and he will be back next year. Hillman is coming along but just to small to ever be a feature back, he gets blown up too easy on pass blocking. He will always be that change of pace guy. I'm not sure what you do with McGahee, you probably bring him back, he's been solid this year, a few fumbles too many but solid none the less. I think Broncos still draft someone but if KM keeps this up, that RB who gets drafted will be somewhere around round 4-6 instead of round 1-2. 1st round I imagine they with BPA, no matter what position, other then QB. Would love to see it be on the DL or maybe even LG if he's a stud, but usually guards don't go in round 1.
ZONA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:48 PM   #421
Nwp-Apap
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
The price would be too high for what you get on any of those guys IMO. I think if KM continues to run this good and does not get injured, that will go a long way with Elway and he will be back next year. Hillman is coming along but just to small to ever be a feature back, he gets blown up too easy on pass blocking. He will always be that change of pace guy. I'm not sure what you do with McGahee, you probably bring him back, he's been solid this year, a few fumbles too many but solid none the less. I think Broncos still draft someone but if KM keeps this up, that RB who gets drafted will be somewhere around round 4-6 instead of round 1-2. 1st round I imagine they with BPA, no matter what position, other then QB. Would love to see it be on the DL or maybe even LG if he's a stud, but usually guards don't go in round 1.
32 seems like a decent pick to take a guard
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:32 PM   #422
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,222

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
The price would be too high for what you get on any of those guys IMO. I think if KM continues to run this good and does not get injured, that will go a long way with Elway and he will be back next year. Hillman is coming along but just to small to ever be a feature back, he gets blown up too easy on pass blocking. He will always be that change of pace guy. I'm not sure what you do with McGahee, you probably bring him back, he's been solid this year, a few fumbles too many but solid none the less. I think Broncos still draft someone but if KM keeps this up, that RB who gets drafted will be somewhere around round 4-6 instead of round 1-2. 1st round I imagine they with BPA, no matter what position, other then QB. Would love to see it be on the DL or maybe even LG if he's a stud, but usually guards don't go in round 1.
Denver needs/has to pick Lattimore. McGahee and KM can last one more year while he mends. If McGahee does retire we do need another stop gap vet though.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:00 PM   #423
swaiy
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Why does Denver need Lattimore?
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:22 PM   #424
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,210

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaiy View Post
Why does Denver need Lattimore?
Because he has a woody for him.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:36 AM   #425
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'
 
2KBack's Avatar
 
Cake is delicious

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wash DC
Posts: 7,691
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Denver needs/has to pick Lattimore. McGahee and KM can last one more year while he mends. If McGahee does retire we do need another stop gap vet though.
Not a huge fan of one legged Running backs
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:55 PM.


Denver Broncos