The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2012, 11:38 AM   #1
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay
Default Perfectionist Peyton Manning laughs at self after Broncos show they’re no joke

Perfectionist Peyton Manning laughs at self after Broncos show they’re no joke

Michael Silver 8 hours ago

BALTIMORE – Even before the ball hit the ground, you knew the explosion was coming.

When Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning received a shotgun snap on third-and-1 in the first quarter of Sunday's game at M&T Bank Stadium, he read the Baltimore Ravens' defense and threw a quick pass toward the left sideline, where he expected tight end Joel Dreessen to be. Dreessen, however, had planted his foot and turned upfield, an obvious miscommunication between signal-caller and intended receiver.

Manning, in case you've been ignoring pro football for the past decade-and-a-half, does not suffer route-botchers gladly. Sure enough, when he got to the Broncos' sideline, the NFL's ultimate perfectionist chewed out the offending party. Himself. "I did. I did!" Manning said after the Broncos' ninth consecutive victory, this one by a 34-17 score, was complete. "That one was my fault."

Some of us saw this coming a month-and-a-half ago, when it became apparent that a record fifth MVP award and a third Super Bowl appearance were well within Manning's reach.

Fourteen games into the 2012 season, Manning's comeback tour must be regarded as a resounding success. At 36, and with four neck surgeries in his immediate past, he may not be what he once was physically. Suffice it to say that no one on the Broncos seems to mind.

"I'll tell you what – whether he has lost any arm strength or whatever, you can't mess with his brain," said Champ Bailey, Denver's perennial All-Pro cornerback. "He is as sharp as they come."

Manning carved up the Ravens with ruthless precision on Sunday, completing 17 of 28 passes for 204 yards, including a sublime 51-yard touchdown pass to Eric Decker off a double-move sideline route with 9:53 left in the third quarter. A little more than two minutes later, revived running back Knowshon Moreno (22 carries, 118 yards) scored on a 6-yard run to put Denver up 31-3, and it was raining boos in Baltimore, where 71,317 fans had been forced to come to terms with the home team's fate just before halftime.

Imagine what the man could accomplish if he and his receivers were simpatico. For all the damage Manning once did in Indy with the likes of Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne and Dallas Clark, he's struggling to bring Decker, Demaryius Thomas and friends up to speed. Falling short of his pre-existing standard is something Manning may never accept, but at least he's coming to terms with the imperfections.

"I think you have to remind yourself that it's not going to be like clockwork," Manning said as he walked down a hallway toward the Broncos' team bus. "I guess I'm used to playing with guys I played with for so many years that it was like clockwork. It took time to get it that way. There are certain things we still need to improve on, but hey, we're still a team that's only been together 15 weeks, as far as real games, and the idea is just to try to keep getting better.

"We're of course very much dealing with 'the now' and trying to get it all done right away, and so it's gotten better each week. But it's probably never going to be what it would be if we played together for five years."

The Broncos are looking more and more like a team running a "Go" pattern to the Super Bowl. With Tom Brady and the New England Patriots (10-4) suffering a 41-34 defeat to the San Francisco 49ers on Sunday night, Denver (11-3) now has a clear path to a first-round bye.

For the rest http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--mo...102723478.html
Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2012, 11:49 AM   #2
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

The item with McClueless going to the Bears in the latter part of the article would be pretty funny if it played out.
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:53 AM   #3
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

i love it! i hope Brock ends up being the same way as he learns under Manning.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:08 PM   #4
Mountain Bronco
Ring of Famer

Good article, but is anyone appalled by the lack of even a fact checker, proof reading etc... at these news organizations? Jaguar's safety They didn't get the team or position right. ESPN and burger bill had the broncos at 10-4 and 11-3 in the same column. It isn't that hard.
Mountain Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:15 PM   #5
B-Large

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Bronco View Post
Good article, but is anyone appalled by the lack of even a fact checker, proof reading etc... at these news organizations? Jaguar's safety They didn't get the team or position right. ESPN and burger bill had the broncos at 10-4 and 11-3 in the same column. It isn't that hard.
The article is alike a Tebow pass, not totally accurate.... lol
Old 12-17-2012, 02:12 PM   #6
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Large View Post
The article is alike a Tebow pass, not totally accurate.... lol
at least Tebow had heart and tried his damnedest. he can't consistently throw a accurate pass to save his life but he tries.
Old 12-17-2012, 03:10 PM   #7
pricejj
jungle

The Orange Freaking Crush
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 03:22 PM   #8
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
i love it! i hope Brock ends up being the same way as he learns under Manning.
I am starting to think that Oz could be behind manning for 20 years and it won't help. You just cannot learn to be Peyton Manning. How many of Peyton's back-ups over the years turned out to be good QBs that learned from Manning...... ZERO. Oz might learn a lot form Manning but he cannot learn to be Manning and that will suck for Broncos' fans.
Old 12-17-2012, 03:35 PM   #9
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
I am starting to think that Oz could be behind manning for 20 years and it won't help. You just cannot learn to be Peyton Manning. How many of Peyton's back-ups over the years turned out to be good QBs that learned from Manning...... ZERO. Oz might learn a lot form Manning but he cannot learn to be Manning and that will suck for Broncos' fans.
the highest QB drafted after Manning was in the 6th round and they never tried to develop a heir apparent behind him. they were just insurance in case he missed a game.

Brock has the potential to be a franchise QB and had he gone back to ASU would be a first round pick this season(especially in this weak ass QB class)
Old 12-17-2012, 05:32 PM   #10
RedEyedJeti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
the highest QB drafted after Manning was in the 6th round and they never tried to develop a heir apparent behind him. they were just insurance in case he missed a game.

Brock has the potential to be a franchise QB and had he gone back to ASU would be a first round pick this season(especially in this weak ass QB class)
Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, Ryan Tannehill, and Brandon Weeden are what you call a weak QB class? LMAO!!! You know nothing about football....Do you?

Old 12-17-2012, 05:38 PM   #11
Jetland

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEyedJeti View Post
Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, Ryan Tannehill, and Brandon Weeden are what you call a weak QB class? LMAO!!! You know nothing about football....Do you?

please reread what the poster actually said then feel free to edit your post
Old 12-17-2012, 05:39 PM   #12
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:

Ha ha ha ha it's funny because he said if Os would have went back to ASU, he would have been a first round because of the weak QB class.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:45 PM   #13
RedEyedJeti

He is saying this is a weak QB class regardless of his comment about Brock going back to school.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:46 PM   #14
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:

The weak ass QB class he was referring to is this upcoming draft class of 2013.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:46 PM   #15
RedEyedJeti

(especially in this weak ass QB class)
Old 12-17-2012, 05:49 PM   #16
RedEyedJeti

Well shouldn't he had said "NEXT SEASON" ? It says " THIS SEASON" This season is almost over and this seasons draft has come and gone....
Old 12-17-2012, 05:49 PM   #17
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:

He is saying this is a weak QB class regardless of his comment about Brock going back to school.
What are the odds that you're right and everyone else is wrong about which QB class he was talking about?
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:50 PM   #18
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:

Oh lord If Os went back to school what QB class would he join is it A) 2012 B) 2013 C) 1983 or D) odds are you will not understand.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:52 PM   #19
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

Quote:
Well shouldn't he had said "NEXT SEASON" ? It says " THIS SEASON" This season is almost over and this seasons draft has come and gone....
Keep digging that hole.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:40 PM   #20
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

Quote:
more-on
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:58 PM   #21
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
You're the only one that didn't get that
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:39 PM   #22
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfpackGuy View Post
The item with McClueless going to the Bears in the latter part of the article would be pretty funny if it played out.

First order of business. Trade Cutler to Dallas for Orton...

Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote