The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2012, 02:15 PM   #26
baja
Happy camper
 
baja's Avatar
 
Sweet

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 60,127

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kupesdad View Post
Yeah, but it's not because it's too loose. It's kind of been the family joke because he lost his helmet numerous times (almost once a game)in high school, college and now with the Broncos. I think it's the shape of his head that makes it come off. He will be fine but not taking chances because his CAT has shown some things similar to what a person who has migraines would show...he has never had a migraine. He passed all of his tests, in fact he graded higher than when they took his baseline before the season. It's not worth being a fifty year old man who has to wear diapers and wanders around in a daze. Come to think of it, I just described myself!! Go Broncos
Get the Broncos to have a custom helmet designed for him, this is nothing to economize on as you have pointed out.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:16 PM   #27
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 
United In Orange

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 9,461
Default

Don't worry Kupe. The Broncos got your back. Just get yourself right boss, and get prepared to go on a Superbowl run.

Take all the time you need.

Go get some sun, and some fresh air.

Last edited by pricejj; 12-17-2012 at 02:29 PM..
pricejj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:18 PM   #28
Kaylore
Because I am better
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Everything

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 46,758

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kupesdad View Post
Yeah, but it's not because it's too loose. It's kind of been the family joke because he lost his helmet numerous times (almost once a game)in high school, college and now with the Broncos. I think it's the shape of his head that makes it come off. He will be fine but not taking chances because his CAT has shown some things similar to what a person who has migraines would show...he has never had a migraine. He passed all of his tests, in fact he graded higher than when they took his baseline before the season. It's not worth being a fifty year old man who has to wear diapers and wanders around in a daze. Come to think of it, I just described myself!! Go Broncos
He's really getting beat up. Hopefully he'll be a go this week.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:23 PM   #29
baja
Happy camper
 
baja's Avatar
 
Sweet

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 60,127

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Can't stop the brain from moving inside of the skull.
Well if there was a helmet that could absorb the energy before it is transferred to the head it would not matter.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:28 PM   #30
Rascal
RIP
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 17,238

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf
Default

Talent is there, but the injuries are troubling and especially the concussion symptoms lingering for so long. I hope and expect that the broncos will address his position during the offseason. No offense to Kuper or his dad.
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:28 PM   #31
XXXII&III
Pro Bowler
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Aurora
Posts: 536
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kupesdad View Post
Yeah, but it's not because it's too loose. It's kind of been the family joke because he lost his helmet numerous times (almost once a game)in high school, college and now with the Broncos. I think it's the shape of his head that makes it come off. He will be fine but not taking chances because his CAT has shown some things similar to what a person who has migraines would show...he has never had a migraine. He passed all of his tests, in fact he graded higher than when they took his baseline before the season. It's not worth being a fifty year old man who has to wear diapers and wanders around in a daze. Come to think of it, I just described myself!! Go Broncos

Haha proof that Peyton makes all the guys around him smarter.
XXXII&III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:53 PM   #32
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer
 
Atwater His Ass's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,954

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Hoping Kuper gets back soon. Watching Ramierz is so hit or miss. Some plays he dominates, others, he gets killed. I don't really trust him at this point, and that's a worrying thought with Manning back there.

Having a 100% Kuper back for the playoffs would be such a good thing.
Atwater His Ass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:56 PM   #33
CEH
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 4,125
Default

Good thing Denver has 3 weeks off before the playoffs to get healthy
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 03:09 PM   #34
Bacchus
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
You would think they could come up with a helmet that could absorb the concuss.
I heard there are helmets that are much better out their BUT they are not the OFFICIAL helmets of the NFL so the NFL won't use them.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 03:10 PM   #35
Kaylore
Because I am better
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Everything

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 46,758

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atwater His Ass View Post
Hoping Kuper gets back soon. Watching Ramierz is so hit or miss. Some plays he dominates, others, he gets killed. I don't really trust him at this point, and that's a worrying thought with Manning back there.

Having a 100% Kuper back for the playoffs would be such a good thing.
He's allowed a sack every game he's played.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 03:12 PM   #36
Bacchus
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Denver needs to be drafting guards next year that is for sure. WHo are the Linemen on the practice squad?
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 03:24 PM   #37
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer
 
gyldenlove's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Nęstved, DK
Posts: 11,164

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen
Default

I am thinking we should rest Kuper one more game, and then get him back against Kansas City so he has one game to get ready for playoffs.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 05:30 PM   #38
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 
United In Orange

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 9,461
Default

Kuper a FULL participant at practice today for the 1st time all year.
pricejj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 05:33 PM   #39
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 36,597

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Kuper a FULL participant at practice today for the 1st time all year.
Khan...boner yet?
__________________
Its a Hockey Night in Pittsburgh!

SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 05:38 PM   #40
broncogary
Horse Player and Dimwit
 
broncogary's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 5,877
Default

And, where has baja been?
broncogary is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 05:49 PM   #41
Miss I.
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 7,761
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Khan...boner yet?
yeah, but that's sort of a normal thing for him. We tried calling the Viagara people, but they were all, "wait, you are saying he didnt use Viagara and he's been erect for many years without stop? Well all we can say is ladies you are very lucky Mormon wives, but then we'd also say can you donate your husband to science for important inquiries (that will make us lots of money)?" So we told them no, but have you considered studying the Chris Kuper effect?
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 06:53 PM   #42
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 36,597

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss I. View Post
yeah, but that's sort of a normal thing for him. We tried calling the Viagara people, but they were all, "wait, you are saying he didnt use Viagara and he's been erect for many years without stop? Well all we can say is ladies you are very lucky Mormon wives, but then we'd also say can you donate your husband to science for important inquiries (that will make us lots of money)?" So we told them no, but have you considered studying the Chris Kuper effect?
So how's the whole 4th wife thing going? I thought you weren't the sharing type, but for Khan, I guess you make exceptions,
__________________
Its a Hockey Night in Pittsburgh!

SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:58 PM   #43
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 10,366

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
So how's the whole 4th wife thing going? I thought you weren't the sharing type, but for Khan, I guess you make exceptions,
See the Mormons only got it half right. The many wives.......correct. Taking them to bed 1 at a time........wrong.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:01 PM   #44
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,443

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Anyone else think it might be a possibility that Kuper comes in and after getting in game shape takes Beadles spot at Guard and then Beadles kicks out to LT? Beadles has experience at the position, was listed as a backup at tackle and would probably be better than Clark at the position.

just throwing **** against the wall and seeing if anything sticks. curious about any other thoughts on this idea.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:07 PM   #45
sgbfan
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,453
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
Anyone else think it might be a possibility that Kuper comes in and after getting in game shape takes Beadles spot at Guard and then Beadles kicks out to LT? Beadles has experience at the position, was listed as a backup at tackle and would probably be better than Clark at the position.

just throwing **** against the wall and seeing if anything sticks. curious about any other thoughts on this idea.
I actually wonder about this myself. Would love to get Kuper back on the field and have wondered why they never tried Beadles at C or RT. He seems like he would be the most versatile LM on the team, but they haven't moved him at all.
sgbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:21 PM   #46
shanananananahan
Just Drafted
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 22

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

I don't think anything like that will even be considered unless Clark fails miserably. We have the TEs to cover for him if he is a weakness, but I'd think the team would be very hesitant to make such drastic alterations on the fly.
shanananananahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 03:00 PM   #47
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer
 
Gutless Drunk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 4,413

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default


Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 03:08 PM   #48
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 3,689

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

That's awesome news. But please, please Foxy don't push him back too early for the flippin' Fade.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 03:28 PM   #49
Bronco Yoda
.
 
Bronco Yoda's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 9,040
Default

Great news!
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 06:26 PM   #50
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 
United In Orange

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 9,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post

IN A WORLD...where all seemed lost. An unlikely hero, a Bronco legend...

...emerges to will his team to the promised land.





CHRIS KUPER #73

Last edited by pricejj; 09-20-2013 at 06:28 PM..
pricejj is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:20 PM.


Denver Broncos