The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Is Shanahan going to make it through the season?
Yes 61 83.56%
No 8 10.96%
It's Griese's fault 12 16.44%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-17-2012, 09:56 AM   #201
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Yes there are 2 games to go. I'm confident he will get it done....its clear from what you just posted that you are rooting for him to fail tho. Good luck with that.
Lol. Are you kidding me? I would send him 3k in the mail.

I just don't trust his defenses; injuries or no injuries.

Contrary to your delusions, I want nothing more than him to win because it means the skins are back to glory. Just take off the the 100% shanny blinders and see that point will you.

I have nothing against shanarat; other than his knowledge of defense. If he wins a SB with the skins; he is God to me.

Take a little time to see my underlying points on this subject rather than revert to your "douche" post after every win, ok?

I'll customize 2 shanny jackets if he wins and send one in the mail to you and i will wear the other
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:03 AM   #202
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Also SoCal, if I wanted him to fail why would I have gone to 3 of the 7 home games so far? Why would I waste money like that on something I "WANT" to see fail?
Old 12-17-2012, 10:17 AM   #203
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Impressive with two wins with the backup QB. He is changing his ways (maybe it was more on Cutler?) but I still need to see at least one more win and/or not lose the division. Easy game next week so it shouldn't be a problem. We have seen this before so excuse me while I am not 100% behind the crowning of a division championship.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:41 AM   #204
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Who can forget the late season collapse against the Panthers, Bills and especially the ass-kicking from the Chargers that got him fired? Not to mention the other ass-kicking from the Raiders in our own house a few games before?
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:07 AM   #205
colonelbeef
Lets be friend

Elway is the new Jerry West

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Who can forget the late season collapse against the Panthers, Bills and especially the ass-kicking from the Chargers that got him fired? Not to mention the other ass-kicking from the Raiders in our own house a few games before?
this has been gone over ad nauseum. He was turning over the entire roster, offense first. He went 8-8 with rookies and 2nd year players up and down the roster, and massive turnover from the 2005/06 teams on defense due to injury and age.

He was building a machine, and was cut short. Now he is once again building a machine in DC, doubters looking dumber by the day.

Shanahan is the best offensive mind in the game, how Broncos fans forgot is insanely stupid. Those questioning his defensive ability forget the 97-00, 05 teams.

He's an offensive coach first, therefore he likes to build his teams around smart, mobile QBs, excellent O-line play, seam threat TEs, one cut runners, play action, and balls of steel. If you focus on his defenses, you're completely missing the point.
colonelbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:10 AM   #206
colonelbeef
Lets be friend

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Impressive with two wins with the backup QB. He is changing his ways (maybe it was more on Cutler?) but I still need to see at least one more win and/or not lose the division. Easy game next week so it shouldn't be a problem. We have seen this before so excuse me while I am not 100% behind the crowning of a division championship.

totally brah. maybe one day Mike Shanahan will finally grow up and win a championship.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:13 AM   #207
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonelbeef View Post
totally brah. maybe one day Mike Shanahan will finally grow up and win a championship since 1998 season and since 2005 division championship.
Fixed and totally agree brah.

Typical apologist for his bad excuse of executioning of a team. I get the love for what he did for the Broncos but that was such a long time ago. I hope he changes his ways and he needed a butt kicking out of Denver to do so. He didn't realize that his **** stinks like everyone else's failures.

I hope he wins the division. Redskins need to finally see a winner.

Last edited by broncocalijohn; 12-17-2012 at 11:16 AM..
Old 12-17-2012, 11:21 AM   #208
colonelbeef
Lets be friend

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Fixed and totally agree brah.

Typical apologist for his bad excuse of executioning of a team. I get the love for what he did for the Broncos but that was such a long time ago. I hope he changes his ways and he needed a butt kicking out of Denver to do so. He didn't realize that his **** stinks like everyone else's failures.

I hope he wins the division. Redskins need to finally see a winner.
Do you know how many coaches have resumes that even approach his accomplishments? Do you have any clue as to how absurd you sound?

Shanahan is 12th on the all time wins list, he needs no such thing. He will walk into the pro football hall of fame, with silly spoiled bronco 'fans' like yourself pouting.

He is simply underlining what was already known in the NFL- he's the best offensive coach in the NFL, and has the championship pedigree to prove it.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:26 AM   #209
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Shanny should be NFC Coach of the Year. Ofcourse, ungrateful douches like RedskinBronco still refuse to give him any credit for anything. All this without the star TE and top defender.
He actually gave the Shanahans credit earlier, kind of backhanded but credit nontheless. Maybe, he drank the kool-aid.

EDIT: After reading all of his posts maybe he has not.

Last edited by Bacchus; 12-17-2012 at 11:35 AM..
Old 12-17-2012, 11:40 AM   #210
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

the Skins need to get some more quality pieces on D. the offense is straight and they could use another piece on the OL but their defense is the weak link that has to be addressed for them to maximize RGIII's potential.

amazing that 3 rookie QB's could lead their teams to the playoffs and only 2 rookie starters will have a losing record.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:41 AM   #211
Bacchus

Redskin/Bronco is already saying he is going to come on this board and search down SoCal to see what he says if Atlanta creams the Skins in the Playoffs (like Indy creamed the Broncos).... WTF. Really dude, you call yourself a fan but it is pretty obvious you are not enjoying this season and are looking for the Skins to fail. If the Redskins get killed by the Falcons in the playoffs that means they won a playoff game, that means they won their division. That is a great season for a team that won 6 games last year. Fans like this drive me nuts, I do not care who they root for.

Redskin/Broncos = No_Broncos.

Skins won 4 games in 2010, 6 games last year and 8 games so far this year and you are miserable. All I can say is go find a team you like.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:53 AM   #212
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
this has been gone over ad nauseum. He was turning over the entire roster, offense first. He went 8-8 with rookies and 2nd year players up and down the roster, and massive turnover from the 2005/06 teams on defense due to injury and age.

He was building a machine, and was cut short. Now he is once again building a machine in DC, doubters looking dumber by the day.

Shanahan is the best offensive mind in the game, how Broncos fans forgot is insanely stupid. Those questioning his defensive ability forget the 97-00, 05 teams.

He's an offensive coach first, therefore he likes to build his teams around smart, mobile QBs, excellent O-line play, seam threat TEs, one cut runners, play action, and balls of steel. If you focus on his defenses, you're completely missing the point.
Shanahan used to be the best Offensive mind in the game. He is still a top offfensive mind but Mike McCarthy and Sean Payton surpassed him awhile ago.

Second, one sided teams are mediocre. To only focus on offense is a sign of his reluctance to be a complete NFL HC. He has NEVER had a desire to work on the defense as a HC and still routinely micro-managed it anyway. He always wanted a defense that he could practice against versus one that could dominate in the NFL. And, it continues to rear its ugly head in DC.

I just hope he gets it one day and fixes his mediocrity. He has a lot of rare talent, his stubborness just prevents him from growing and getting any better than he was 14 years ago.

Last edited by Mediator12; 12-17-2012 at 12:07 PM..
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:01 PM   #213
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Redskin/Bronco is already saying he is going to come on this board and search down SoCal to see what he says if Atlanta creams the Skins in the Playoffs (like Indy creamed the Broncos).... WTF. Really dude, you call yourself a fan but it is pretty obvious you are not enjoying this season and are looking for the Skins to fail. If the Redskins get killed by the Falcons in the playoffs that means they won a playoff game, that means they won their division. That is a great season for a team that won 6 games last year. Fans like this drive me nuts, I do not care who they root for.

Redskin/Broncos = No_Broncos.

Skins won 4 games in 2010, 6 games last year and 8 games so far this year and you are miserable. All I can say is go find a team you like.
Whatever you are the biggest instigator on this board. I don't need to prove
jack **** to retarded, dense individuals.

Of course I'm going to call out SoCal when he goes out of his way to attack me. Now I'll be sure to include you with your butt buddy.

I'm done with this shanahan subject, we will see what happens but I'll be here piling on both of you since you two are deciding to douche it up. You deserve it after attacking me for no reason
Old 12-17-2012, 12:19 PM   #214
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
the Skins need to get some more quality pieces on D. the offense is straight and they could use another piece on the OL but their defense is the weak link that has to be addressed for them to maximize RGIII's potential.

amazing that 3 rookie QB's could lead their teams to the playoffs and only 2 rookie starters will have a losing record.
That's what we said about Shanahan's Broncos for ten years.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:30 PM   #215
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
So true.
CEH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:31 PM   #216
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
, so what you are saying is there have been some dense "douches" for 10 years? I wonder how many shanny glasses SoCal broke in those 10 years banging his head against his shanny wallpaper wall

Last edited by RedskinBronco; 12-17-2012 at 12:34 PM..
Old 12-17-2012, 12:56 PM   #217
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Do you know how many coaches have resumes that even approach his accomplishments? Do you have any clue as to how absurd you sound?

Shanahan is 12th on the all time wins list, he needs no such thing. He will walk into the pro football hall of fame, with silly spoiled bronco 'fans' like yourself pouting.

He is simply underlining what was already known in the NFL- he's the best offensive coach in the NFL, and has the championship pedigree to prove it.
What the hell does his past accomplishments do for those that want to actually see him relive those aculades? No one has said we hate him now or hate him for bringing 2 rings to Denver. I am not kicking his dog. I am over his failures during his last 3 years in Denver as we are now on to better things in Denver but I don't forget them. I still love the good years. Only thing that sounds absurd is your excuses to not be able to blame his failures. He is human and not a God (sorry but the truth needs to be told) and made mistakes.
He is not the best offensive guru and shows how delusional you have become. You can't even be honest with that statement. If you really think his pedigree is going to be the ALL NOW of the NFL to win the SuperBowl in 2012 there has been changes in the game. I am sure you don't understand what happens to coaches that relied on the past. Monte Kiffen's Dad is gone from SC this last week. The game passed him up. It happens to many to some degree.
Redskins haven't clinched a playoff spot yet. Wait on the Super Bowl just yet. I would like to see the Redskins not fold next week and get into the playoffs. That would be a total turnaround from earlier in the year. Winning 9 games is a huge plus but with the extra pressure of the division champs, we shall see what Shanny comes out.

Last edited by broncocalijohn; 12-17-2012 at 12:58 PM..
Old 12-17-2012, 12:58 PM   #218
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Tanahan daft in the draft daDoooodle.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:19 PM   #219
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinBronco View Post
Lol. Are you kidding me? I would send him 3k in the mail.

I just don't trust his defenses; injuries or no injuries.

Contrary to your delusions, I want nothing more than him to win because it means the skins are back to glory. Just take off the the 100% shanny blinders and see that point will you.

I have nothing against shanarat; other than his knowledge of defense. If he wins a SB with the skins; he is God to me.

Take a little time to see my underlying points on this subject rather than revert to your "douche" post after every win, ok?

I'll customize 2 shanny jackets if he wins and send one in the mail to you and i will wear the othe
r
Whoa whoa whoa... where the **** is mine?
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:14 PM   #220
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Whoa whoa whoa... where the **** is mine?
I'll make it 3 if you want one
Old 12-17-2012, 02:30 PM   #221
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinBronco View Post
I'll make it 3 if you want one
Of course. I'm a tier 1 ShanaFan
Old 12-17-2012, 02:38 PM   #222
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Just curious for all you Tanahan lovers.

How many wins does he have?

Then how many playoff wins does he have?

Then factor out all the HOF players in those Super Bowl wins., how many are left.

I rank him just above norv and Marty in coaching skill.

I thank him for the two Super Bowl wins then remind myself what an whole he was to work for and how many rings he left on the table because of his ego in not hiring top notch defensive coaches or players.

If your owner is stupid enough to buy into the we are a couple of players away. Each year then he is going to get you a lot of reg season wins.

But when it counts he is a loser.

Sucks away folks those mikey balls must taste good.

If he gets to the playoffs this year like in the past decade one and done.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:53 PM   #223
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
Just curious for all you Tanahan lovers.

How many wins does he have?

Then how many playoff wins does he have?

Then factor out all the HOF players in those Super Bowl wins., how many are left.

I rank him just above norv and Marty in coaching skill.

I thank him for the two Super Bowl wins then remind myself what an whole he was to work for and how many rings he left on the table because of his ego in not hiring top notch defensive coaches or players.

If your owner is stupid enough to buy into the we are a couple of players away. Each year then he is going to get you a lot of reg season wins.

But when it counts he is a loser.

Sucks away folks those mikey balls must taste good.

If he gets to the playoffs this year like in the past decade one and done.

Dumbest sentence I've ever read.
Old 12-17-2012, 03:06 PM   #224
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
in fairness though. he has yet to draft a Terry Pierce in Washington.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 03:22 PM   #225
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post

Dumbest sentence I've ever read.
Then take those wins and imagine that it's oposite day. Then how many does he have big shot?
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote