The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2012, 01:06 AM   #26
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:41 AM   #27
canadianbroncosfan

Well when Manning and Miller share the SuperBowl MVP, I'll be okay
Old 12-17-2012, 07:01 AM   #28
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

It would be nice to get the accolades, but we should just be happy we have offensive and defensive players who are playing at a high level and getting us in the position to do what hasn't been done in a decade and a half -- hoisting the Lombardi!
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:48 AM   #29
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

1. MVP: Peterson will ONLY win the MVP if the Vikings go to the playoffs, even if he should have another 1000 rushing yards in his last 2 games and be the first player ever to hit 3000 rushing yards in a season - the fact is that you are not a valuable player if your team doesn't get to the playoffs.

2. Offensive player of the year: Calvin Johnson takes Jerry Rice's receiving yards record he will win this award, if he doesn't get the record then Peterson will win - if Peterson gets the record he will win this award.

3. Defensive player of the year: Unless JJ Watt comes up statless in the last 2 and Von Miller beasts both games this award will go to Watt.

4. Offensive rookie of the year: This will be between the 3 QBs - with the last 2 games you better believe Russell Wilson will be in the mix.

5. Defensive rookie of the year: Kuechly, David or Wagner.

6. Coach of the year: Looks like Kubiak will get some love, expect the Colts coaches to get some as well and possibly Pete Carroll.

7. Comeback player of the year: This should go to Peterson regardless what happens, but they may decide to give it to Manning as a consolation price if Peterson wins MVP and offensive player of the year.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:58 AM   #30
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChamp24 View Post
Miller had a great game, just didn't show up in the stat sheet.

But after today, Watt certified himself as DPOY IMO unless Miller has completely monster games to finish the year.

and if Peterson continues his pace, and Vikings make the playoffs, I'd give him MVP and OPOY.

Manning is the comeback player though.
JJ did have a monster game yesterday but he and Miller have both had low and high weeks, pretty comparable. I think as far as team contribution and what they mean to the ultimate success of each team, Miller has that one over JJ.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:30 AM   #31
jerseyguy4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
1. MVP: Peterson will ONLY win the MVP if the Vikings go to the playoffs, even if he should have another 1000 rushing yards in his last 2 games and be the first player ever to hit 3000 rushing yards in a season - the fact is that you are not a valuable player if your team doesn't get to the playoffs.
Minn can very easily miss the playoffs playing HOU and GB. I think they miss it, we win out, and PFM gets the MVP.
IF Minn makes the playoffs, I think, for the 3rd time in history, MVP will be split: PFM and AD
Quote:
2. Offensive player of the year: Calvin Johnson takes Jerry Rice's receiving yards record he will win this award, if he doesn't get the record then Peterson will win - if Peterson gets the record he will win this award.
agreed
Quote:
3. Defensive player of the year: Unless JJ Watt comes up statless in the last 2 and Von Miller beasts both games this award will go to Watt.
Watt gets it no matter what
Quote:
4. Offensive rookie of the year: This will be between the 3 QBs - with the last 2 games you better believe Russell Wilson will be in the mix.

5. Defensive rookie of the year: Kuechly, David or Wagner.

6. Coach of the year: Looks like Kubiak will get some love, expect the Colts coaches to get some as well and possibly Pete Carroll.
Well said
Quote:
7. Comeback player of the year: This should go to Peterson regardless what happens, but they may decide to give it to Manning as a consolation price if Peterson wins MVP and offensive player of the year.
Manning will get it no matter what. AD missed 1 game because of his ACL. PFM missed all of 2011. It's no contest in my mind
Old 12-17-2012, 09:04 AM   #32
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Awards mean more money when time to re-sign
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:27 AM   #33
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyguy4 View Post
Minn can very easily miss the playoffs playing HOU and GB. I think they miss it, we win out, and PFM gets the MVP.
IF Minn makes the playoffs, I think, for the 3rd time in history, MVP will be split: PFM and AD
I agree, Minny can and I think probably will miss the playoffs, if that happens expect all talk of AD for MVP talk to die down. I think Manning will get it or split it with Brady if Minnesota misses.

Quote:
Watt gets it no matter what
I think Miller is still in it, but it will require something like 3 sacks in each of the last 2 games - he is definitely going to have to top 20 and will have to have the sack lead over Watt - if he somehow could pull out a 5 sack game like Aldon Smith did against the Bears so he could get Strahans record he would clinch it - but it is a big long shot.

Quote:
Manning will get it no matter what. AD missed 1 game because of his ACL. PFM missed all of 2011. It's no contest in my mind
If AD can take the rushing record less than 12 months after having radical knee surgery to repair an ACL he will get this award and deserve it. The fact that he came back so fast and came back better than ever is what seals it. Manning is clearly not quite the same player he used to be and is winning more with his brain and very good support from a very complete team.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:35 AM   #34
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Yes, Bronco shut out, but I have it going down differently:

MVP - Watt
OPOY - Peterson
DPOY - Aldon Smith
Coach - Either Pagano/Arians or Shanahan

ROY - Luck
OROY - Griffin (wouldve put him in ROY if he didnt miss due to injury)
DROY - Kuechly
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:20 AM   #35
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post

MVP - Watt
OPOY - Peterson
DPOY - Aldon Smith

ROY - Luck
DROY - Kuechly
Who was the last defensive player to win MVP? Only one I can think that might have won it was Derrick Thomas. MVP is for all intents and purposes a QB award unless another player completely kills it. Watt has played great but I don't think best in the game.

I have trouble seeing Smith getting DPOY. One trick pony with a ****load of talent around him in SF front 7. I say this is Watt's award.

MVP is either Peyton or Brady(AD can get consideration with a playoff berth)
DPOY is Watt unless he is held in check the next 2 weeks and Von goes beast mode
OPOY is flat out AD. I would agree with Megatron, but Detroit has been a poor tram despite all ideas of them were as a playoff calibre team.
Comeback player is Manning. I would think AD but even off injury he only missed 1 game. Peyton missed a season changed teams was looking at potentially never playing again. Not only came back with all that but pit together an MVP calibre season.
ROY I think has to be RGIII. Statistically best QB of his draft. He saved Shanahan in Washington and has elevated the hope of that team as well as won games. Luck has had a good season following a legend but he had turned the ball over too much.

Last edited by BroncoMan4ever; 12-17-2012 at 11:23 AM..
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:21 PM   #36
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

The NFL doesn't have a ROY award. Pepsi does, but the NFL specifically designates Offensive and Defensive ROY awards.

MVP is not going to Watt. This NFL will give it to a QB. Might as well rename it to the QBMVP.

Peterson will absolutely get OPOY.

Smith will not beat out Watt for DPOY. Smith is a one dimensional pass rusher. Watt just has better all around stats.

OROY is a toss up between Luck,Griffin and Wilson.

No idea with DROY.

Coach, not really sure but my vote would be for Carroll.

CBPOY will go to Peyton Manning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post

MVP - Watt
OPOY - Peterson
DPOY - Aldon Smith

ROY - Luck
DROY - Kuechly
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote