The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2012, 11:12 AM   #1
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball
Default Last nights commentators ?

Anybody else get tired of the sloberfest the commentators put on about the ravens last night. I think its time for some fresh blood in the booth. My god Dan Dierdorf (sp) is in love with Baltimore. My favorite quote from last night was .

I no the broncos put up 30+ points on this defense but they sure played a good game.

I mean really? How the hell can you say a defense played good when they allow 30 plus points and lose?
Anyways my rants over just kinda pissed me off that we were kicking ass and taking names all they could talk about was how great Baltimore was.
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2012, 11:25 AM   #2
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoydogs View Post
Anybody else get tired of the sloberfest the commentators put on about the ravens last night. I think its time for some fresh blood in the booth. My god Dan Dierdorf (sp) is in love with Baltimore. My favorite quote from last night was .

I no the broncos put up 30+ points on this defense but they sure played a good game.

I mean really? How the hell can you say a defense played good when they allow 30 plus points and lose?
Anyways my rants over just kinda pissed me off that we were kicking ass and taking names all they could talk about was how great Baltimore was.
technically, their D only allowed 27.
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:28 AM   #3
sgbfan
Ring of Famer

The ravens offense was struggling and their defense was doing great. Denver was just bystanders.
sgbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:31 AM   #4
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwill07 View Post
Well that changes everything.
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:35 AM   #5
outdoor_miner
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgbfan View Post
The ravens offense was struggling and their defense was doing great. Denver was just bystanders.
I normally don't pay much attention to the announcers, but I said something to my wife during the game that I couldn't believe how slanted the announcing was. The whole theme was that the Ravens D was banged up (but giving a valiant effort), and that the Ravens O was struggling. Every game situation was stuffed into that narrative. It was really annoying.

Even today - most of the coverage has to do with how bad the Ravens O played. I've been reading quite a bit this morning, and I haven't seen any props to the Denver D. It is all how bad Flacco played. Also kinda sad that Chris Harris hasn't gotten more love. He is playing amazing, but the Pick 6 is entirely told from the side of Flacco's eff up. Harris made a really good play, but that has been neglected.

Anyway - I am fully aware that none of this matters. But - it is vaguely annoying.
outdoor_miner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:40 AM   #6
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoor_miner View Post
I normally don't pay much attention to the announcers, but I said something to my wife during the game that I couldn't believe how slanted the announcing was. The whole theme was that the Ravens D was banged up (but giving a valiant effort), and that the Ravens O was struggling. Every game situation was stuffed into that narrative. It was really annoying.

Even today - most of the coverage has to do with how bad the Ravens O played. I've been reading quite a bit this morning, and I haven't seen any props to the Denver D. It is all how bad Flacco played. Also kinda sad that Chris Harris hasn't gotten more love. He is playing amazing, but the Pick 6 is entirely told from the side of Flacco's eff up. Harris made a really good play, but that has been neglected.

Anyway - I am fully aware that none of this matters. But - it is vaguely annoying.
This is the same attitude I've been getting from the media. They're willing to say good things about the Broncos, but don't put any enthusiasm in it. I guess they are blinded with tears of joy from worshiping Tom Brady and Bill Belichick. The only guy I've heard really saying, "Lookout for the Broncos" and meaning it, is Tony Dungy. I'm guessing the Peyton connection has something to do with that.

Deirdorf is, was, and will be, a jerk.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:43 AM   #7
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoydogs View Post

Last night? It was the early game.

EVERY teams' fans in the NFL say the EXACT same thing about the slobberfest announcers have with Manning, get over it.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:44 AM   #8
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwill07 View Post
Well if your getting technical they allowed 28.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:44 AM   #9
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

That was a night game for you? What time zone are you in?

Dierdorf is so bad I wonder how he has a job let alone the nationally televised game gig.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:45 AM   #10
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

to this day I don't understand how Dan Dierdork has a job in the booth. I just don't get it.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:55 AM   #11
bronco_diesel
giddy-up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
This is the same attitude I've been getting from the media. They're willing to say good things about the Broncos, but don't put any enthusiasm in it. I guess they are blinded with tears of joy from worshiping Tom Brady and Bill Belichick. The only guy I've heard really saying, "Lookout for the Broncos" and meaning it, is Tony Dungy. I'm guessing the Peyton connection has something to do with that.

Deirdorf is, was, and will be, a jerk.
This is true, but it is better this way. It reminds me of 97-98.
bronco_diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:59 AM   #12
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

if Joe Flacco hadn't morphed into Mark Sanchez the Ravens would have had the game close all day. the ravens D did play well, it was Flacco that ****ed the game up for the team.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:59 AM   #13
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

i think theres probably some broncos fatigue out there. They spent a while slobbering over Manning, and the broncos have gone about their business (there hasnt really been a close game in a while, so no drama). I assume if we win a playoff game, more slobbering
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:01 PM   #14
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Dierdorf's voice sounds like a man gurgling through his fourth chin.

Oh and he's a **** announcer who clearly dislikes the Broncos.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:01 PM   #15
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco_diesel View Post
This is true, but it is better this way. It reminds me of 97-98.
Nah, in 97 the media gave us absolutely no chance. We were an afterthought every week including leading up to the Super Bowl. The Packers were given the Lombardi the moment it was learned that we were the opponent.

Most of the media now would say we have a pretty good chance at beating anyone in the NFL.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:03 PM   #16
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
Nah, in 97 the media gave us absolutely no chance. We were an afterthought every week including leading up to the Super Bowl. The Packers were given the Lombardi the moment it was learned that we were the opponent.

Most of the media now would say we have a pretty good chance at beating anyone in the NFL.
true, but in 98 we flipped roles and we were the favorites with no one giving the Falcons a chance.
Old 12-17-2012, 12:08 PM   #17
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Meh. Dierdork has his favorites. Denver is not one of them.

**** him.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:09 PM   #18
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
true, but in 98 we flipped roles and we were the favorites with no one giving the Falcons a chance.
Rightfully so.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:13 PM   #19
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
if Joe Flacco hadn't morphed into Mark Sanchez the Ravens would have had the game close all day. the ravens D did play well, it was Flacco that ****ed the game up for the team.
Flacco did not do well because he was slipping in his own poo. I will leave it to you to tell my why.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:13 PM   #20
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
The difference being that they were right about the Falcons.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:46 PM   #21
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Flacco did not do well because he was slipping in his own poo. I will leave it to you to tell my why.
we all know why, my point was that if he had played with half a brain the Ravens would have made it a solid game. their D wasn't the big problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Rightfully so.
lol so true, if we had lost that game i would have lost it.
we did exactly what we were supposed to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
The difference being that they were right about the Falcons.
no doubt, but i was just pointing out the media jumping all over one team until another one beats them.
they do it every season, they did it with the Packers vs Steelers SB.
once GB won they were the it team.
Old 12-17-2012, 12:52 PM   #22
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

What got me were the announcers of the NE-SF game. After it's over one of them said, now Houston can relax a little about that top spot without looking over their shoulder for NE.

Hello, Denver's right where NE was
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:59 PM   #23
GoHAM
Ring of Famer

36, now that's shabby!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mitch Unrein

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
What got me were the announcers of the NE-SF game. After it's over one of them said, now Houston can relax a little about that top spot without looking over their shoulder for NE.

Hello, Denver's right where NE was
Not quite, NE has the head to head tiebreaker over Houston, whereas Houston has it over Denver. So essentially Houston has a 2 game lead over both Denver and New England, even though Denver has the better record.
GoHAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:04 PM   #24
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Why do you people get so worked up over announcers or what the talkin' heads have to say? Good grief.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:04 PM   #25
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
i think theres probably some broncos fatigue out there. They spent a while slobbering over Manning, and the broncos have gone about their business (there hasnt really been a close game in a while, so no drama). I assume if we win a playoff game, more slobbering
Difference is we are on a major roll with 9 in a row. Ravens were looking at 3 losses in a row and 2 in a row at home.

If you want to see the slobberfest of Dierdorf and Bryant to an extent, read the Official Gameday thread starting around page 2 or 3. I offered a drinking game of a shot of alcohol everytime they mentioned how injured the defense is for this game. I then realized we would all be passed out by halftime.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote