The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Is Shanahan going to make it through the season?
Yes 61 83.56%
No 8 10.96%
It's Griese's fault 12 16.44%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-27-2012, 03:50 PM   #176
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
I dont root against him as I hate the Cowboys and Giants. I actually liked Redskins back to when they had old Billy Kilmer. He spent a lot to get RG3 and he better find a way to improve that defense or it is Broncos circa 2008 all over again. I believe that QB is worth it and should do well if Shanny has it still for Offense. It is the other side of the ball that can kick his teeth in again and would be the reason for a firing. I do believe he deserves another year but this year better get better and next year better be near the top of the NFC. So many teams are better than his right now. He better aim for 10 wins next season or the fans will be (more) restless.
Totally agree
Old 12-16-2012, 10:13 PM   #177
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

shanny is back in first place....nice work mike
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:21 PM   #178
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
shanny is back in first place....nice work mike
I got to give him credit, a hell of a job considering where they were. Defense is still very suspect but they do just enough in recent weeks and get stops in critical situations.

He definitely has mojo back on the offensive side of the ball. I also want to point out, Kyle has become one of the best offensive minds in the game. He is really creative with all the personnel he has now. KS will be a coach soon enough and he deserves a lot of credit for the game planning. I bet MS is relieved at what Kyle is doing just because it's an easy target to go to the father/son workplace argument

edit: but today he guaranteed exactly what he needed out of this year at a minimum, 8 wins
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:46 PM   #179
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinBronco View Post
I got to give him credit, a hell of a job considering where they were. Defense is still very suspect but they do just enough in recent weeks and get stops in critical situations.

He definitely has mojo back on the offensive side of the ball. I also want to point out, Kyle has become one of the best offensive minds in the game. He is really creative with all the personnel he has now. KS will be a coach soon enough and he deserves a lot of credit for the game planning. I bet MS is relieved at what Kyle is doing just because it's an easy target to go to the father/son workplace argument

edit: but today he guaranteed exactly what he needed out of this year at a minimum, 8 wins
I want the Skins to win next week and then put a royal beatdown on the Cowboys.... I really hate that team.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:47 PM   #180
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

How weird is it to see a Shanny team playing well in December? I love that he got Cousins and RG3 and is making both look amazing. The Chief fans want Geno Smith - Only if they had a guy like Shanny as their coach to use him right. Shanahan could make me look like an nfl player.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:03 PM   #181
Bronco Bob
Tastee Freeze

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

With a team that may well win its division, I don't see why not.
Bronco Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:11 PM   #182
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Shanny should be NFC Coach of the Year. Ofcourse, ungrateful douches like RedskinBronco still refuse to give him any credit for anything. All this without the star TE and top defender.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:09 AM   #183
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Shanny should be NFC Coach of the Year. Ofcourse, ungrateful douches like RedskinBronco still refuse to give him any credit for anything. All this without the star TE and top defender.
Well you are good at one thing, using the word douche.

Apparently though, you still can't read as this was covered a few posts back.

Now you can go back to sucking shanny's balls. Please let me know if you have trouble reading any of this message.

Man, you really come off as the biggest immature **** with respect to shanahan. Someone must have really done something to you over this; either that, or you are his illegitimate son since shanny is shady wih personal life. Ask him whatever happened to that stolen 3K or whatever it was when they went on the pittsburgh trip for me
Old 12-17-2012, 07:17 AM   #184
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Their defense would be better if they had Carriker, Orakpo and Merriweather playing and actually had the right scheme to roll with. It will be nice to see Fred Davis come back next year and see if IR rookies like Robinson, Minnifield and Bernstine can help down the road. Hope that the Redskins can win out and take care of business.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:17 AM   #185
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
I want the Skins to win next week and then put a royal beatdown on the Cowboys.... I really hate that team.
No doubt.

If they get an average defense, they can start competing for the super bowl. He should call greg robinson and ask what worked

If you put the gregg williams defenses with the current skins offense; no one would beat them, but of course it's never that easy.

Maybe the Broncos can loan Del Rio to the skins after winning the super bowl

edit: the one time I want the steelers to win, they become a clown show. I really despise both those teams. They should have just blown up jerry world yesterday

Last edited by RedskinBronco; 12-17-2012 at 07:22 AM..
Old 12-17-2012, 08:03 AM   #186
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
How weird is it to see a Shanny team playing well in December? I love that he got Cousins and RG3 and is making both look amazing. The Chief fans want Geno Smith - Only if they had a guy like Shanny as their coach to use him right. Shanahan could make me look like an offensive nfl player.
FIFY
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:09 AM   #187
CEH
Ring of Famer

Yesterday as a big day for Washington the team, Kyle the OC and Cousins the QB

I think this say more for the future of Kyle Shannahan and his ability to work with what he has. Also good for Redskins to recoup some of those draft picks for RGIII with a possible trade of Cousins this offseason if need be and good for Kirk Cousin to get out of Washinton and play QB in the NFL for any one of a dozen QB deprived teams
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:14 AM   #188
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
FIFY
That's definitely fair. What's crazy is I was listening to Adam Schefter and he was saying the Redskins had interest in Russel Wilson.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:30 AM   #189
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
That's definitely fair. What's crazy is I was listening to Adam Schefter and he was saying the Redskins had interest in Russel Wilson.
Makes sense. having a QB similar in offensive design . Actully Russell Wilson is right up there with Luck and RGIII. I think Shanny with Wilson could be doing something similar
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:43 AM   #190
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Well you are good at one thing, using the word douche.

Apparently though, you still can't read as this was covered a few posts back.

Now you can go back to sucking shanny's balls. Please let me know if you have trouble reading any of this message.

Man, you really come off as the biggest immature **** with respect to shanahan. Someone must have really done something to you over this; either that, or you are his illegitimate son since shanny is shady wih personal life. Ask him whatever happened to that stolen 3K or whatever it was when they went on the pittsburgh trip for me
Wow one post of praise after you had been dogging him the whole time and I'm supposed to be impressed? I'm not.

You trashed him (personally) repeatedly and you were ungrateful constantly. If you think you aren't going to get called on it (over and over and over) you're sadly mistaken.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:57 AM   #191
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

I haven't followed the Redskins closely enough to know, but it does seem that Shanahan has resurrected his career. His last few years here, it just seemed he had been tuned out by the players. He had his favorites, and then there was everybody else. When he blew the farm to go after RGIII, a lot of people were calling him crazy, but he seems to have created something there in DC. Can he sustain it with a QB destined to take a lot of hits? Who knows? Already, RGIII is getting knicked. Kirk Cousins sure put in a solid performance yesterday, but then you see that ranking of 29th defense in the league and you wonder if it's not the same old Shanahan.

I still think Luck will have the better, and longer, career. A rookie QB carrying a bad team like Indy to the playoffs? Unheard of.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:16 AM   #192
colonelbeef
Lets be friend

Elway is the new Jerry West

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

Shanahan is coach of the year, he has continued to draft incredibly well, getting insane value later in the draft much along the lines of Terrell Davis/Brandon Marshall steals, has built the best run game in the league despite many injuries and rookies up and down the roster, and steered the team to the division lead with a rookie QB and terrible injuries on the defense.

Mike Shanahan is a HOF coach, whoever doubted this after watching what he did for Elway, then Plummer, is an idiot.
colonelbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:18 AM   #193
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Wow one post of praise after you had been dogging him the whole time and I'm supposed to be impressed? I'm not.

You trashed him (personally) repeatedly and you were ungrateful constantly. If you think you aren't going to get called on it (over and over and over) you're sadly mistaken.
Fair enough shanny jr

Just be ready to get on this board and take your beating if Atlanta, gb or any playoff team lights up shanny like Indy always did.

I watch every game, that defense is typical MS. you need to warn him before he gets all red in the face with another Indy like debacle.

Good for him getting to at least 8 wins though. I'll adopt him as my dad too if he wins a SB in DC
Old 12-17-2012, 09:22 AM   #194
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

The skins managed to beat the Browns while the gmen laid an egg in hotlanta. The wild card of the NFCE is dallas. With all the talent dallas has they should win the NFCE, but I will of course be rooting for the skins.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:27 AM   #195
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Fair enough shanny jr

Just be ready to get on this board and take your beating if Atlanta, gb or any playoff team lights up shanny like Indy always did.

I watch every game, that defense is typical MS. you need to warn him before he gets all red in the face with another Indy like debacle.

Good for him getting to at least 8 wins though. I'll adopt him as my dad too if he wins a SB in DC
I'm sure glad you aren't holding the loss of Carriker and Orakpo against him. Seriously...it would be hilarious to see you b****ing about some playoff loss after he won a division title with an injury laden roster.

"We have been garbage since 1991 but I'm pissed because he only got me 1 franchise QB and 1 division title and playoff appearance so far.....damn him".
Old 12-17-2012, 09:31 AM   #196
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Fair enough shanny jr

They are not a superbowl team... yet... although its a good start
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:31 AM   #197
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I'm sure glad you aren't holding the loss of Carrier and Orakpo against him. Seriously...it would be hilarious to see you b****ing about some playoff loss after he won a division title with an injury laden roster.

"We have been garbage since 1991 but I'm pissed because he only got me 1 franchise QB and 1 division title and playoff appearance so far.....damn him".
Division title with skins? Playoff appearance? When did that happen?

2 games to go.

But anyway I keep telling you let's revisit this at season's end but you can't help it chief. Just don't expect me to not respond to your immature, childish digs at every chance you get
Old 12-17-2012, 09:32 AM   #198
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos_OTM View Post
They are not a superbowl team... yet... although its a good start
I agree
Old 12-17-2012, 09:39 AM   #199
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Division title with skins? Playoff appearance? When did that happen?

2 games to go.

But anyway I keep telling you let's revisit this at season's end but you can't help it chief. Just don't expect me to not respond to your immature, childish digs at every chance you get
Yes there are 2 games to go. I'm confident he will get it done....its clear from what you just posted that you are rooting for him to fail tho. Good luck with that.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:40 AM   #200
colonelbeef
Lets be friend

Elway is the new Jerry West

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

Lots of crow to be eaten for the tard Shanahan haters in this thread, wow
colonelbeef is offline   Reply With Quote