The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-15-2012, 04:36 PM   #26
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

good replys from everyone. I will take everything into consideration and provide an updated list soon.

re: Tebow: figured that would be a controversial pick. Don't really care. His impact was more emotional than rational, if that makes any sense. IMO, dude will always be a Bronco hero because of how he led a 1-4 team to winning a playoff game vs Pittsburgh - a game my wife flew in from South Carolina to attend. Beyond that, I absolutely loved the improbable wins, the unconventional style, the national media attention, and the way he really torqued off a ton of folks. Last year was the most fun since 1998, mostly because expectations were so low.
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 05:07 PM   #27
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwill07 View Post
good replys from everyone. I will take everything into consideration and provide an updated list soon.

re: Tebow: figured that would be a controversial pick. Don't really care. His impact was more emotional than rational, if that makes any sense. IMO, dude will always be a Bronco hero because of how he led a 1-4 team to winning a playoff game vs Pittsburgh - a game my wife flew in from South Carolina to attend. Beyond that, I absolutely loved the improbable wins, the unconventional style, the national media attention, and the way he really torqued off a ton of folks. Last year was the most fun since 1998, mostly because expectations were so low.
Was it Myrtle Beach?
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 05:26 PM   #28
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Was it Myrtle Beach?
believe it or not, I've never been.
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 05:42 PM   #29
Finger Roll
Ring of Famer

I would like to hear why Sammy Winder made the list. The broncos running game was awful back in the 80's. Sammy Winder made Knowshon look like Walter Peyton.
Finger Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 05:53 PM   #30
st.bernard

The '77 SB team. Craig Morton and the DE beard. Can't remember his name, he went to the Raiders and died from steroids.
Old 12-15-2012, 06:16 PM   #31
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
How did Simon Fletcher never make a pro bowl
Fletcher was a notorious slow starter. The Pro bowl balloting was done by week 12. Fletcher would often get a lot of his sacks later in the year.
Old 12-15-2012, 06:17 PM   #32
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Roll View Post
I would like to hear why Sammy Winder made the list. The broncos running game was awful back in the 80's. Sammy Winder made Knowshon look like Walter Peyton.
Sammy Winder was a vital part of 3 SB teams. He wasn't flashy but he was solid. He could run, block and catch. He deserves to be on the list.
Old 12-15-2012, 06:49 PM   #33
Fusionfrontman
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.bernard View Post
The '77 SB team. Craig Morton and the DE beard. Can't remember his name, he went to the Raiders and died from steroids.
Lyle Alzado? Read a book on the '77 Team, town, and city of Denver. He was a focal part of the book and he seemed like a very interesting, pivitol part of the team being succesful.
Fusionfrontman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:36 AM   #34
st.bernard

Alzado. Exactly.
Old 12-16-2012, 09:04 AM   #35
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

36? That's a big list. My top two are easy; Elway and TD, in that order. After that...
Do we go chronologically or what? Guess it doesn't matter. Since I'm more D oriented I would go with Atwater, Dennis Smith, Louis Wright, Simon Fletcher, Meck, Gradishar, Tom Jackson, Alzado, Rubin Carter, Barney Chavous, Steve Foley, Mark Haynes (Go Buffs!), Jim Ryan, Tyrone Braxton, definitely Darrent Williams (can't forget him!), Greg Kragen, Keith Traylor, Glenn Cadrez. On offense (besides Elway and TD), Rich Upchurch, Otis Armstrong (who I met ), Jim Kiick, Craig Morton, Haven Moses, Kubes, Steve Watson, Sammy Winder, Keith Bishop, Steve Sewell, oh, and way up there on the list, Zimmerman, Diaz-Infante, Brian Habib, Mark Schlereth, definitely Matt Lepsis (Go Buffs!), (and add Alfred Williams - Go Buffs! - to my D list), Tony Jones...

is that 36 yet?

Oh, and McCaffery and Rod Smith are way up there at the top.

And somebody tell Michael Dean Perry to get his ass off the field.

Last edited by Rohirrim; 12-16-2012 at 09:07 AM..
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:32 AM   #36
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
36? That's a big list. My top two are easy; Elway and TD, in that order. After that...
Do we go chronologically or what? Guess it doesn't matter. Since I'm more D oriented I would go with Atwater, Dennis Smith, Louis Wright, Simon Fletcher, Meck, Gradishar, Tom Jackson, Alzado, Rubin Carter, Barney Chavous, Steve Foley, Mark Haynes (Go Buffs!), Jim Ryan, Tyrone Braxton, definitely Darrent Williams (can't forget him!), Greg Kragen, Keith Traylor, Glenn Cadrez.
You're a defensive orientated guy and you do not have Champ Bailey on your list, the greatest defensive player in Broncos' history?
Old 12-16-2012, 09:56 AM   #37
BroncoLifer
Living the Dream

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post

.... Mark Haynes (Go Buffs!).....

And somebody tell Michael Dean Perry to get his ass off the field.
While you're at it, tell Haynes to cover a Redskin.
BroncoLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:15 AM   #38
Arkie
Ring of Famer

Say 'what' again, I dare you

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwill07 View Post

I like Tebow too, but there is no room for him in the top 15. Here's 7 elite players on offense and 7 on defense (and Von Miller is on the fast track to make this group)

Elway, TD, Rod, Eddie Mac, Sharpe, Nalen, Zimmerman

Atwater, Champ, Dennis Smith, Meck, Al Wilson, Fletcher, Pryce
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:10 PM   #39
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
I like Tebow too, but there is no room for him in the top 15. Here's 7 elite players on offense and 7 on defense (and Von Miller is on the fast track to make this group)

Elway, TD, Rod, Eddie Mac, Sharpe, Nalen, Zimmerman

Atwater, Champ, Dennis Smith, Meck, Al Wilson, Fletcher, Pryce
There is no room for him in the top 100
Old 12-17-2012, 01:19 PM   #40
penguintheory
studio gangster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Momma

Ray Crockett
penguintheory is offline   Reply With Quote