The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2012, 09:44 AM   #26
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
One of the most stupid things I've ever heard in my life. Yeah the woman has to have better smarts and to leave a douche like him but to say it's all on her is about as ignorant a comment as ever. The person committing the crime is the one who is responsible for the crime happening. You have control over your own actions. It's not her fault he hits her. She's stupid for staying, but not her fault the violence happens. You need to understand this.
i do understand it and it's no less true.
there is almost zero chance that a man who beats on a woman is going to stop when he sees no repercussions from it.
to him he's just keeping his woman "in check" and there is no one who is going to interfere.
it's almost always the same story every time, he beats on her, blames her for making him do it and threatens her if she tries to leave or get help.

but saying you only have control over your own actions is false in this scenario.
he can't do anything that you don't allow, whether it's cheating,beating or even verbal abuse.
for them to do it, someone has to be there to take it and keep taking it.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:51 AM   #27
DarkHorse30
Smith Rules

Adopt-a-Bronco:
wolf pot roast

Quote:
One of the most stupid things I've ever heard in my life. Yeah the woman has to have better smarts and to leave a douche like him but to say it's all on her is about as ignorant a comment as ever. The person committing the crime is the one who is responsible for the crime happening. You have control over your own actions. It's not her fault he hits her. She's stupid for staying, but not her fault the violence happens. You need to understand this.
Bingo. Assault is a crime. Lock him up
DarkHorse30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:04 AM   #28
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
Another Rod Smith... Sad.
Rod Smith dragged a woman next to a car and poured bleach on someone?...... Allegedly
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:41 PM   #29
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
Sorry don't have a link, heard this from the officials I worked with at that time. The woman leaves, the guy comes after her, sweet talks her to come back and kills her either when they are "negotiating" this or when she does, for leaving in the first place, or comes after her and puts those who are protecting her in danger because he does not care or finds her when she's in a place she least suspects him of coming after her, at work, etc. There was also a national poster on it a few years ago. The guy is not going to lose that control and if he can't have her no one will.

Was not suggesting they shouldn't leave because a lot do succeed in their lives afterward. Just pointing out it's a vicious cycle and the psycological factor is huge.
Sorry, was a couple drinks in yesterday and I didn't need to harp on you about that. I understand the principle, I think drunk me was going after "a very large number", which boggled my mind.
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:10 PM   #30
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Are the Ravens going to do anything about this? Conduct detrimental to the team, or something like that. I know they are in a playoff hunt and he is currently injured but there have been talks of him playing through this. I think the Ravens need to hold this guy accountable for his actions and suspend him on their own, the league can take matters over when a trial happens. I don't say this just because they play the Broncos next week but really this sorta thing is way beyond the game itself. He has serious issues and should be forced to step away from the game until he can, if he can, correct these problems in his life. Allowing him to play now only enforces the idea in his mind that it's ok to do these things, he will still be allowed to play ball.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:33 PM   #31
Natedogg
1st Amendment Protection

You givin' me a ride home Russell??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Travis Henry

When you glorify a murderer as the face of the NFL, it makes sense that the owners don't care if a member of their labor pool pours bleach on kids as long as that labor boost ratings and ad revenue. Simple math, really.

http://www.metatube.com/en/videos/58...s-TV-Funhouse/
Natedogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:10 AM   #32
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
i know the psychology behind it, i've seen it before.
but at some point you have to realize that if you allow them to keep doing it and they're allowing them to do it.
there's self defense classes, you can alert you family,friends,co-workers, you can go to a shelter, call the cops & various other things.

if the man is willing to beat you so easily that he will do it in front of your kids then he will eventually kill you anyways.

you may think it's ignorant to say but it is no less true. there are too many ways to avoid this type of crap. there is no reason for it.
the men who do it are nothing but little boys trying to achieve some form of manhood. i hate them with a passion.
but for them to be able to have someone to beat on, someone has to be there and willing to take it.

i have a sister and love her to death. if some dude put his hands on her i'd probably go to jail because he'd get severely hurt.
i don't play about men beating on women, that's gutless and personally i think they should be doled out the same punishment they give the women they beat up.
If you leave a batterer and he wants to kill you there is nothing anyone do to stop him. There are hundreds of murder suicides the last 10 years. Easy for you to judge not walking in their shoes.
Old 12-09-2012, 04:23 AM   #33
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Wut

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmeck View Post
Surprised the ugly ****er has a GF......money blinds them I guess.
Mmmhmmm

Let's not forget that while he has no excuse to do the **** he's done (even if not entirely accurate) she's prob a crazy b**** too.

He's an idiot for not dumping her ass to remove the situations where he's a ****ing idiot and deciding to abuse her physically. If you can't handle baby mama gold diggers that make you want to punch them out, just go with the child support. She wouldn't leave unless she was to get serious bank because then she's in the ****ter. You think she wants to give up the life $he has right now?

Apparently she was going to be on one of those reality Housewife shows too.

Two idiots.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:28 AM   #34
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Are the Ravens going to do anything about this? Conduct detrimental to the team, or something like that. I know they are in a playoff hunt and he is currently injured but there have been talks of him playing through this. I think the Ravens need to hold this guy accountable for his actions and suspend him on their own, the league can take matters over when a trial happens. I don't say this just because they play the Broncos next week but really this sorta thing is way beyond the game itself. He has serious issues and should be forced to step away from the game until he can, if he can, correct these problems in his life. Allowing him to play now only enforces the idea in his mind that it's ok to do these things, he will still be allowed to play ball.
Haven't really read up on what happened here but is there any proof he did anything other than what she said about it?
Old 12-15-2012, 10:07 AM   #35
keef
Solid Starter

I hate Oakland.

Default nice

Terrell Suggs has on multiple occasions been accused of domestic violence by the mother of his children. Now Suggs and the woman have gotten married.

Suggs wrote on his Facebook page on Saturday morning that he got married on Friday night.

“Last night I married my best friend and the love of my life. Our son gave her away and our daughter looked like a miniature version of my beautiful bride as she stood next to her. I’m a lucky, lucky man. Thank you God for all of your blessings and for showing me such amazing favor,” Suggs wrote.

http://m.nbcsports.com/content/terre...estic-violence
keef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 01:45 PM   #36
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncofever View Post
Say, do you know how that leaving and divorcing OJ Simpson thing worked out for Nicole?
Well there you go! THe benchmark of all battered women in America. You are correct. Stick around because of the highly publicized event with OJ.

"Take it like a man, b****. It could be worse."

Come on now.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 02:30 PM   #37
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Cool lets give him the treatment! I miss the days when our oline was feared. Man when was the last time we gave someone a good kne bender lol! I wish i could put Dan Niels nastiness into Orlando Franklin. Good good that would be a sight to behold.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 02:31 PM   #38
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Say, do you know how that leaving and divorcing OJ Simpson thing worked out for Nicole?
Well she did get famous.
Old 12-15-2012, 07:30 PM   #39
Bacchus

So is Suggs playing tomorrow?
Old 12-15-2012, 07:32 PM   #40
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
So is Suggs playing tomorrow?
His wife better hope so. If not it's a beating on Sunday!
Old 12-15-2012, 07:50 PM   #41
DENVERDUI55

He got married? Is that the girl he just thumped on?
Old 12-15-2012, 08:20 PM   #42
sinuous sausage

how Suggs probably thinks he comes across:

how he actually comes across:

Old 12-15-2012, 09:35 PM   #43
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Yeah, because every abused woman in the world will end up like Nicole Simpson if they leave.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:07 AM   #44
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Well she did get famous.
Right after being dead. As if postmortem "fame" could in any way counterbalance the tragedy of a young life needlessly cut short.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:15 AM   #45
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
Right after being dead. As if postmortem "fame" could in any way counterbalance the tragedy of a young life needlessly cut short.
yes its just more of my twisted sense of humor. Thats why it was funny, you know getting killed to be famous, that would be lame.
Old 12-16-2012, 03:23 AM   #46
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
yes its just more of my twisted sense of humor. Thats why it was funny, you know getting killed to be famous, that would be lame.
No doubt it would be lame. There's no "upside" to being a victim of domestic violence... or to being in an abusive relationship. Please forgive my failure to see any humor or comedy whatsoever in the whole unfortunate incident.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote