The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-15-2012, 09:03 AM   #276
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Only simple minded fools would try to link a madman's shooting to the moral decay of society, aka -- an unchristian nation. Take your holier than thou attitude and shove it up your asses and stop trying to justify your belief system because of these tragic events. Using dead children to promote your agenda is ****ing sick.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 09:05 AM   #277
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
I'm one who believes that heaven is a better, yet obivously unknown place. I would never believe my children were "chosen" to die. I believe God loves EVERYONE equally and because of free agency given to us, God is in mourning over the choice of a young man. But those children were most special to God and were welcomed directly into his arms. As a parent, even with those beliefs, my heart would be torn out, my hopes and dreams shattered. Yes, I would turn to God for some sense of relief but I know only time would make it easier, but would never heal the huge hole in my life.

This was not God's will, it was Adam Lanza's choice. And I feel God is sad about that, for those children and for Adam.
That's the difficulty I suppose, in not believing. There is nowhere to turn to for comfort. This is such a horrible event that I look for a reason, or some kind of rationale, or some kind of explanation, but in reality, there simply isn't one. We are left with empty hands, left to find peace as best we can. As the father of three sons I cannot contemplate such grief as these parents must feel. Shalom.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 09:06 AM   #278
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinuous sausage View Post
sure, but plenty of autistic people never develop an urge to go shoot-up an elementary school. what else is at play?
Parental failure. How does a kid with a known personality disorder gain access to firearms and know how to use them with such efficiency?
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 09:29 AM   #279
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Only simple minded fools would try to link a madman's shooting to the moral decay of society, aka -- an unchristian nation. Take your holier than thou attitude and shove it up your asses and stop trying to justify your belief system because of these tragic events. Using dead children to promote your agenda is ****ing sick.
Christianity has no exclusivity on morality. In fact one could make a case that because of the level of Judgment taught in most religious sects their members are less moral that non secular persons.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 09:38 AM   #280
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
Parental failure. How does a kid with a known personality disorder gain access to firearms and know how to use them with such efficiency?
A combination of poor parenting, easy access to firearms and very difficult access to proper mental health care.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 09:40 AM   #281
BroncsCheer

I slept in my 4yo's bed with her last night, not wanting to let her out of my grasp. I had hoped to have a kind of clarity this morning when I woke up about this, but all I can think of are the presents under Connecticut trees that won't be opened by their intended recipients, families that have been crippled, and the de facto crowdsourcing that is going on all over the Internet for a solution to the obvious problem. No clarity. .....

Mental health issues are the gorilla in the room.
Drugs, continuous unfiltered information, poor parenting, and personal property and privacy rights are the catalysts that make pinning the gorilla down so difficult.

All of us should say 'I love you' to at least one other person today and every day.

That's all I got.
Old 12-15-2012, 09:50 AM   #282
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
I just want to let you know, that rep message you sent me was the most vile I've ever received in all the years I've been on this board.
Old 12-15-2012, 10:02 AM   #283
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinuous sausage View Post
meh. if god exists, I wouldn't imagine he solicits your or anyone else's advice on what he can or cannot do. the emotional blowback from catastrophes is certainly understandable, but don't you wonder from where your sense of injustice comes? if an act really is evil, it means good and evil exist, and that infers god. I can't figuratively beat god into a nonentity with the concepts that only a god could ever give me. that's illogical.

Natural disasters are on another level of seeming senselessness, in that there is no human free will involved.
Or it could mean that if man invented god, then he has those attributes in himself and when he imagined a god, he invested him with those, what he considered the best parts of himself?
Old 12-15-2012, 10:11 AM   #284
swaiy

Why does this have to turn into a crusade to cast doubt as to whether God exists or not? If you believe, you believe. If you don't, you don't. You guys need to step off.

No matter what you believe, kids died. It is possible to talk about that tragic event without attacking religious beliefs or lack of them. Good grief.
Old 12-15-2012, 10:14 AM   #285
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I just want to let you know, that rep message you sent me was the most vile I've ever received in all the years I've been on this board.
Quote:
I just want to let you know (and everyone else on the Mane), that rep message you sent me was the most vile I've ever received in all the years I've been on this board.
Fixed it for you .... I bet you were a tattle-tail in school.......
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:16 AM   #286
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

Quote:
Using Dead children to attack an opposing posters belief is hypocritical.
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:23 AM   #287
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncobum6162 View Post
Just ask the people of NY and Chicago how the ban on weapons has affected the crime rate.........
Crime has done nothing but drop in NYC. I remember hearing a couple years ago that they had the lowest homicides since 1963.

People don't seem to get that there can be gun regulation without gun limitation to law abiding citizens.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:29 AM   #288
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

A friend of mine who is extremely religious has posted a picture on Facebook of a sign that reads:

"When they asked why God was not in the school that day, God responded: "because I'm not allowed in schools"".

This doesn't match my beliefs of a loving God. This attitude seems so petty and vengeful that I cannot understand its association to a Christian God. Not to mention its also an incorrect position. There have been millions who've been harmed in the name of God or even killed, raped or tortured in a house of God. It's human will that God gave us that is screwed up - not his will. Whether you believe in a God or not, it's always humans who act and decide.
Old 12-15-2012, 10:30 AM   #289
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Religion gets blamed for violence and blamed for evil events the god allows to happen. It's obvious that people who have turned their backs and closed their hearts to the love of God just don't understand faith and how free choice plays into that. A world without evil would have no personal challenge of faith. Maybe it is all BS but when believed it gives strength and helps people cope with things like this.

Many of you seem to think the govt can help by limiting guns but i doubt that would be the end of mass killings like this.
IMO many here believe the government is their savior.

They are incapable of knowing better.

Instead they should believe in God.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:33 AM   #290
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Stout View Post
Crime has done nothing but drop in NYC. I remember hearing a couple years ago that they had the lowest homicides since 1963.

People don't seem to get that there can be gun regulation without gun limitation to law abiding citizens.
I think there is more gun control by choice today than by Political Practice. This I agree with wholeheartedly. However I fear the country that allows those with power to decide how those out of power get to defend themselves. It is a bad practice any way you slice it. More unarmed citizens have been killed by their armed govt than will ever be killed by armed crazy people. It really boils down to how long you think this country will last and stay free. If you think forever than you deny that every govt fails. If you think past your lifetime than you should be good and only your offspring will be in trouble.

I care for my family and reserve the right to do so as violently as it requires.
Old 12-15-2012, 10:33 AM   #291
st.bernard

Quote:
You are something else. Generally I like what you have to write about as far as the Broncos go. But if you really think that our society isn't slowly coming apart? Just wow. This has nothing whatsoever to do with being christian or anything else. wow. It even sounds like you were one of the idiots that voted for pot legalization.
Old 12-15-2012, 10:36 AM   #292
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

People have reversed the role of God. People are made to give glory to God. God is not created to give glory to people.
Old 12-15-2012, 10:37 AM   #293
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Ridiculously lazy and stupid response to an honest post
Was thinking much the same thing. I guess there has to be some morons to counter balance the good people.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:37 AM   #294
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.bernard View Post
You are something else. Generally I like what you have to write about as far as the Broncos go. But if you really think that our society isn't slowly coming apart? Just wow. This has nothing whatsoever to do with being christian or anything else. wow. It even sounds like you were one of the idiots that voted for pot legalization.
Not sure how those go together. Hard to be more conservative than I am and I voted for Pot Legalization.
Old 12-15-2012, 10:47 AM   #295
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugbythug View Post
I think there is more gun control by choice today than by Political Practice. This I agree with wholeheartedly. However I fear the country that allows those with power to decide how those out of power get to defend themselves. It is a bad practice any way you slice it. More unarmed citizens have been killed by their armed govt than will ever be killed by armed crazy people. It really boils down to how long you think this country will last and stay free. If you think forever than you deny that every govt fails. If you think past your lifetime than you should be good and only your offspring will be in trouble.

I care for my family and reserve the right to do so as violently as it requires.
I would personally love to see every US citizen or resident be required to take a firearms safety class when they turn 18. At the same time that we have to register for the draft. I think this would be the type of regulation that should not deter actual gun ownership, but could reap many benefits.

I also have a hard time understanding how its so much harder to get a license (you must take a test both written and actual use), buy a vehicle, get it registered and get insurance than it is to get a gun. There is no testing requirement for owning a weapon.
Old 12-15-2012, 10:50 AM   #296
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

Quote:
I would personally love to see every US citizen or resident be required to take a firearms safety class when they turn 18. At the same time that we have to register for the draft. I think this would be the type of regulation that should not deter actual gun ownership, but could reap many benefits.

I also have a hard time understanding how its so much harder to get a license (you must take a test both written and actual use), buy a vehicle, get it registered and get insurance than it is to get a gun. There is no testing requirement for owning a weapon.
2 things you must do a test and other things go a license to hunt. Their is no requirement when buying a car.
Old 12-15-2012, 10:59 AM   #297
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Quote:
It was on par with your post. Cry about it some more though.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:13 AM   #298
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
I'm one who believes that heaven is a better place.
This is the fallacy of religion and of belief in general. People who are suffering in life take solace in the belief that there must be something better somewhere else or in some future reality. Yet it is that very belief that is often used to justify heinous acts.

I don't think that is the case here; I think this was simply the acting of an ill minded individual.

However, with a belief in any future end one can justify any present means to get there.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:17 AM   #299
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
I would personally love to see every US citizen or resident be required to take a firearms safety class when they turn 18. At the same time that we have to register for the draft.
Trying so solve individual violence by requiring people to take part in unified violence?
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:22 AM   #300
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
It was on par with your post. Cry about it some more though.
It had nothing to do with my post. I was making a legitimate point about a legitimate question. You were insulting my mother. Would you like to meet somewhere and resolve it, or are you a chicken **** little weasel?