The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2012, 04:36 PM   #76
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

So full of fail.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 04:43 PM   #77
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
This draft has a lot of good players on the defensive side of the ball. I think it is weak at several positions, very strong in others.
1) QB - Super weak, no QB's worthy of a top 10 selection
2) RB - Super weak, none of the RB's even have 4.4 speed, probably none will be 1st rounders
3) C - Weak, none even considered 1st rounders
4) OG - Average, Barrett Jones grades out at the top for me, a few guys worthy of late 1st round picks.
5) OT - Average, will have to see the footspeed on some of these guys, but looks like several 1st round picks as per usual
6) WR - Weak, Williams and Austin aren't really what you would call elite talents and won't go top 15...though they could turn out to be Pro Bowlers
7) DT - Average, deep class, but no elite prospects
8) DE - Don't know
9) ILB - Normal - Te'o would be picked 15-30 in a normal year, nobody is better than him in this class
10) OLB - Don't know, but doesn't look particularly strong if Ogletree and Moseley are being talked about in the 1st round
11) CB - Average, no elite prospects with 4.3 speed
12) Safety - Below Average, if Elam and Reid come out then it's an average class...if not it sucks.

Weak draft overall.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 04:50 PM   #78
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
So full of fail.
Jerel Worthy - 10 tackles

You wanted him at #25 overall.

Stick to what you do best. Stalking posters, insulting everyone, and getting banned.
Old 12-14-2012, 05:35 PM   #79
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post

Stick to what you do best. Stalking posters, insulting everyone, and getting banned.
Crick has 19 and you wanted him drafted at 25 as well.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:40 PM   #80
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
You know what your right... When I posted on the Colts Forum I was well known for a thread just like this and I used to show the number breakdown.

That requires some solid effort and a computer, my iPhone would take hours to do that. I'll have to show the cap break down, to make you a believer.
If your doing this on an iPhone, then you are a better poster than me.

But if and when you have the time I'd like to see the numbers.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:50 PM   #81
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Or how about these claims?

Quote:
Here are a few fun facts about the top 3 contenders:

1st place: Michael Brockers has a total of 2 career sacks. I thought Fox wanted more sack production from DT?

2nd place: If Dre Kirkpatrick ever actually starts in the NFL, he will be the only starting NFL CB, drafted in the 1st round, to run slower than a 4.50 forty. Yes Rev, Malcolm Jenkins is a Safety.

3rd place: Doug Martin is the slowest of the top 5 RB's (4.55 forty), he will be almost 24 years old when the season starts, he will be backing up the 11th best RB in the NFL (McGahee), and will get 7-10 touches per game.
Crazy how a guy with two career college sacks can have 4 already in the NFL, and how the slowest of the top 5 RBs could be 4th in the WHOLE NFL in rushing.

Quote:
1. Patriots cut Fanene, after having just given him a $3.85M signing bonus months ago - This is significant, because it leaves them thin at DE. Chandler Jones hasn't shown much in the preseason, and relied on his arm length to overpower OT's in his brief college career. He won't be able to do that against NFL OT's who have arm's just as long as his (Clady's arms are longer). Their starting LDE is Rob Ninkovich (who had his way with Franklin in the playoffs), but is undersized, and questionable how well he'll play as a full-time 4-3 DE.
Jones looks just fine.
Old 12-14-2012, 05:54 PM   #82
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:

wow you nailed that one

But remember he just can't help himself.

Once a punk always a PUNK.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:01 PM   #83
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Haloti Ngata - 6'041" 338 lbs., 37 bench reps and long arms (12th overall pick 2006)
61 tackles, 3 sacks as a Senior (huge jump in tackle production from his Junior year, when he had 46)

Star Lotulelei - 6'031" 320 lbs.
42 tackles, 5 sacks as a Senior (same tackle production in Senior and Junior years, which suggests he may have plateaued)

Like I said, in a normal year, Lotulelei would be a late 1st round pick (20-32).

In 2012, Cox, Poe, and Brockers, all would still have been picked before Lotulelei had he come out that year.

Can you imagine their stats if they all stayed in college one more year and came out in 2013 like Lotulelei? They still would have been picked before him.

If video shows that he's destroying guys off the ball on a consistent basis, then he's definitely worthy of a 1st round pick. But saying he's "the best DT since Ngata" is a little off.

Raji, Watt, Dareus, and Fairley were all better DT prospects than Lotulelei without question.

Raji - 2-gapping NT with great penetration
Watt - Stat killer in college, physical freak DT/DE
Dareus - 2-gapping DT with great penetration as an underclassmen in the 3-4
Fairley - Uncanny foot speed, and elite stats as a 1-gapping UT in the 4-3.
How can you say anyone is better if you have never watched him play?!!!
Your basing his game on TACKLES? He plays DT not MLB! Paul Soliai never has great stats, but he's the reason the Dolphins have such a good run D. Yet his tackles do not reflect his dominance. Stats don't always tell the whole story. I have watched this guy for years, you can probably find some of my posts on the Colts forum where I talked this kid up. My name was Bmore Colt on there.

I actually evaluate the players on the eye test, your reading his stat line, yet you are saying people are better?

He is better than everyone you named! And it's not even close! Yes he is the next Nagta, he pushes the pocket, stops the run, he does everything you could want in a DT. He is the best DT prospect in years, write it down and watch his tape!!!
Old 12-14-2012, 06:05 PM   #84
Bmore Manning

Quote:

You also wanted him!!!!! You agreed with me then you said now I like Worthy and you called him a 3-4 NT! You can't call someone out on a player you liked and act like he's garbage and you wanted no parts! That was me in my EVALUATING!
Old 12-14-2012, 07:43 PM   #85
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:

Stick to what you do best: bagging groceries at King Soopers.
Old 12-15-2012, 02:07 AM   #86
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Okay, I'm a believer in Lotulelei, he almost dominated Khaled Holmes. The dude has long arms, he's got great upper body strength and hand placement, and quick feet. A much more active DT than you would expect out of a 320 lb. guy.

You would like to see more production, but it's kind of hard when your Utah's best player (by far). It looks like a lot of teams kind of just schemed around him. Probably about as sure a bet at DT as your going to get in pretty much any draft. Would be sweet if he was a Bronco, oh well.

He's a good communicator too, and would fit in well with any group of guys in the NFL.

My bad dudes...couldn't watch video earlier today. I will reserve judgement on players until AFTER the eye-test next time. Lesson learned.
Old 12-15-2012, 03:07 AM   #87
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Or how about these claims?

Crazy how a guy with two career college sacks can have 4 already in the NFL, and how the slowest of the top 5 RBs could be 4th in the WHOLE NFL in rushing.
1. I never said Brockers was going to be a bad player. I would have picked him at 25 had he still been on the board. Brockers didn't have a big sample size to choose from, so it was kind of hard with him, based on the limited video that we had available. Even so, no one (not even me) had him dropping to the Broncos at 25.

2. Never said Martin was going to be a bad player either. I simply pointed out that 4.55 RB's aren't normally picked in the 1st round. 31 other teams agreed with me, 1 team didn't. Martin has been good, but his stats wouldn't be nearly as impressive without the bloated game against the Raiders JV Defense. The Broncos shut him down pretty easily. Martin is also 3rd in the NFL in attempts. Give McGahee, Knowshon, or even Hillman 325 rushing attempts and they might be top 5 in rushing too.

Quote:
Jones looks just fine.
Sorry, still don't like him. Clady shut him out, as expected...and Jones is oft-injured, as expected. If you can't get more than 6 sacks out of your RDE 1st round draft pick, then I wouldn't consider it a major hit. Wolfe (at DT) would have better stats than Jones (at DE) if not for Von Miller... Patriots are at the bottom of the league in sacks, and play in a wimpy division. Jones is over-hyped and has a big mouth. Hate everything Patriots.
Old 12-15-2012, 04:28 AM   #88
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Okay, I'm a believer in Lotulelei, he almost dominated Khaled Holmes. The dude has long arms, he's got great upper body strength and hand placement, and quick feet. A much more active DT than you would expect out of a 320 lb. guy.

You would like to see more production, but it's kind of hard when your Utah's best player (by far). It looks like a lot of teams kind of just schemed around him. Probably about as sure a bet at DT as your going to get in pretty much any draft. Would be sweet if he was a Bronco, oh well.

He's a good communicator too, and would fit in well with any group of guys in the NFL.

My bad dudes...couldn't watch video earlier today. I will reserve judgement on players until AFTER the eye-test next time. Lesson learned.

Seriously...Mitt Romney would be proud.
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:34 AM   #89
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
The dude is a goonie.
Old 12-15-2012, 12:58 PM   #90
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
You're a ****ing idiot.

Way to ruin a thread moron. You used to ruin threads, then delete them. Now you just talk crap until you get banned. Keep up the good work.
Pretty sure you are the King Soopers Thread Deleter of the Year!
Old 12-15-2012, 12:58 PM   #91
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
The dude is a goonie.
You're an idiot.

Way to ruin a thread moron. You used to ruin threads, then delete them. Now you just talk crap until you get banned. Keep up the good work.
Old 12-15-2012, 12:59 PM   #92
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
You're an idiot.

Woops, got your hand caught in the cookie jar, post deleter!
Old 12-15-2012, 01:02 PM   #93
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
I don't watch college football until after the season is over to evaluate players that the Broncos might consider taking.
Old 12-15-2012, 01:04 PM   #94
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Woops, got your hand caught in the cookie jar, post deleter!
Dude, you are seriously trifling.
Old 12-15-2012, 01:13 PM   #95
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
I don't watch college football until after the season is over to evaluate players that the Broncos might consider taking.
Then you shouldn't talk about college players until after the season is over.
Old 12-15-2012, 01:55 PM   #96
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Then you shouldn't talk about college players until after the season is over.
good idea.
Old 12-15-2012, 04:43 PM   #97
Bmore Manning

Let me address the DE position that some would like to replace/upgrade..
In our scheme, the SDE needs to set the edge for Miller, push the pocket, and generate pressure of his own..

Next season Hunter should be resigned, which will probably be very reasonable after missing the season. By all accounts he was crushing it in camp and would have been the starter.. We bring him back and chances are Wolfe plays DT.
That means Ayers is Dooms back-up. He's still under contract and has played well in rotation. Jackson is the back up at strong side..

So why are we upgrading anything when these players will be under contract and are great in their roles? Dooms deal gets more cap friendly moving forward..
Old 12-15-2012, 06:24 PM   #98
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Anyone think Cullen Jenkins could become available? He is due a million dollar bonus in March and owed another 4.5 million in 14.
Old 12-15-2012, 08:18 PM   #99
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
Let me address the DE position that some would like to replace/upgrade..
In our scheme, the SDE needs to set the edge for Miller, push the pocket, and generate pressure of his own..

Next season Hunter should be resigned, which will probably be very reasonable after missing the season. By all accounts he was crushing it in camp and would have been the starter.. We bring him back and chances are Wolfe plays DT.
That means Ayers is Dooms back-up. He's still under contract and has played well in rotation. Jackson is the back up at strong side..

So why are we upgrading anything when these players will be under contract and are great in their roles? Dooms deal gets more cap friendly moving forward..
I was under the impression the final year of Ayers' contract had voided. Not sure exactly where I got that from, but that's what I believe to be the case. If that is wrong, then we can put off drafting Dumervil's backup for another year.

If we assume Wolfe moves inside, than we need to find a DE that can play effectively as a 5 tech. I'm not sure Jason Hunter fits that role, Robert Ayers is pretty stout against the run as well, and he wasn't even considered. Maybe it can just be Malik Jackson.

We've been really successful this year though. Del Rio may re-think his previous plans concerning Wolfe and just leave him outside moving forward. Which would bring us back to drafting a penetrating DT.

We could easily go either direction.
Old 12-15-2012, 08:19 PM   #100
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Anyone think Cullen Jenkins could become available? He is due a million dollar bonus in March and owed another 4.5 million in 14.
Fully expect him to be cut. He's the type of penetrating force that would be useful for us either as a 5 tech or DT.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: