The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2012, 05:41 PM   #176
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Since February 2, 1996, there have been 259 people shot or killed in other countries around the world in these type of shootings.....meanwhile 398 people have been shot or killed in the US.

Keep in mind that there were several US shootings that while they happened on school grounds weren't really "school shootings" per se....as a few were gang related killings, arguments over a ex-girlfriend screwing a new guy or disgruntled employee who shot the principal, etc...but I counted them anyways. One of the murders was a 6 yr. old who was shot by a classmate who was also 6 yrs. old....

what does it all mean...nothing I guess other than this happens around the world more than people on here have claimed.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:41 PM   #177
sinuous sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
The Christian God obviously has no input in this situation. No all-powerful "God" would permit such a situation. Same with that Norway thing. God's will, my ass. Allahu Akbar, my ass. Human will makes these things happen, God has nothing to do with it other than giving us free will in the first place. It's just a big game to see who comes out on top, that's the only sense I can make of it.
the problem of evil is as old as time, man. no free will without it, tho
Old 12-14-2012, 05:50 PM   #178
sinuous sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Minion View Post
You Jesus Evangelical Freaks bring it upon yourselves.
evangelical atheists blow just as hard. at least the Jesus freaks often have pretty girls as part of the ensemble.
Old 12-14-2012, 05:54 PM   #179
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
Throughout human history, the occasional truly evil a-hole has always existed. How is a gun any different than zyklon-B, a Ryder truck full of explosives, or a hijacked commuter jet? Its a different means to the same end. Humans are capable of the most incredibly evil stuff. Always have been, always will be.
What you say is true but for me there is something particularly heinous about this. Executing one by one little children in their school. Aside from the horror of the ones that lost their lives imagine the trauma all young school children will now live with everyday the enter their school for a very long time.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:09 PM   #180
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
What you say is true but for me there is something particularly heinous about this. Executing one by one little children in their school. Aside from the horror of the ones that lost their lives imagine the trauma all young school children will now live with everyday the enter their school for a very long time.
My wife and I were already considering home schooling our kids. This is possibly the tipping point. I can't imagine what those poor parents are having to deal with right now. Five year olds, executed...
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:15 PM   #181
Arkie
Ring of Famer

Say 'what' again, I dare you

I think it may be a little irresponsible for an otherwise responsible law-abiding American not to own a gun because of the millions of other guns floating around. All gun fatalities are due to careless or criminal behavior.
Arkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:18 PM   #182
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
In our country, our main religions don't teach that and we were better off back in the 50's when we were all Christians. But now we teach kids Christianity dumb, hey kid would you believe in a spaghetti monster you can't see.

then people are surprised when kids turn into evil little things and shoot up a school.
So, there was no mass violence comparable to this in the 50's or before, huh?
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:27 PM   #183
DAN_BRONCO_FAN
Ring of Famer

weed will win

Adopt-a-Bronco:
miles

nothing short of building a time machine would of prevented this evil.
maybe if you had armed guards then maybe
DAN_BRONCO_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:29 PM   #184
JPPT1974
Eric Idle Fan!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning!

Thoughts and prayers are with those that lost their loved ones in this tragedy. It is beyond words!

Remember the victims and their families!
JPPT1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:33 PM   #185
Bacchus

Quote:
My wife and I were already considering home schooling our kids. This is possibly the tipping point. I can't imagine what those poor parents are having to deal with right now. Five year olds, executed...
Then your kids die in a Mall shooting or at the movie theater. Instead of running and trying to hide, people need to take action.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:35 PM   #186
Bronco X
Ring of Famer

There is something that seems different about what is happening now versus atrocities of the past. Now killing is happening for the sake of killing... no other motivation other than too kill... no ideology but blood lust. There are probably examples in the past of this but honestly, the earliest example I can think of is Charles Whitman. Regardless it seems to be escalating, every act more heinous, more incomprehensible.

We need to put back into our world what the sick and twisted are trying to take away from us. We can't do anything about what they do. But we can control our own actions. There is no way to respond to acts like this other than countering them with our own acts of love, compassion and kindness. Sounds hokey perhaps, but there's something wrong out there, and we all need to step it up.
Bronco X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:37 PM   #187
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
I think it may be a little irresponsible for an otherwise responsible law-abiding American not to own a gun because of the millions of other guns floating around. All gun fatalities are due to careless or criminal behavior.
It is with much sadness I must agree with this sentiment.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:39 PM   #188
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Then your kids die in a Mall shooting or at the movie theater. Instead of running and trying to hide, people need to take action.
In a mall or movie theater they are protected by their heat-packing parents. Same as in the home.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:39 PM   #189
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
What action?
Old 12-14-2012, 06:47 PM   #190
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

Quote:
What action?
The root cause of all societal ill is lack of parenting... especially from the father. How about we make it as tough to father kids as it is to buy a handgun from a retail store?
Old 12-14-2012, 06:53 PM   #191
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
Man in China today stabbed 22 school children.
Children it's just sicking to think this kids had no chance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudofool View Post
Forking a person to death is a different mental process than polling a trigger. If you can't see the difference between killing with drones or your bare hands, you're probably also unwilling to deal with this problem from any psychological perspective.
See post quoted above yours.. knife or fork just about the same they can inflict death or maiming on kids....

BTW nimrood I used a fork as an example.. Weapons are available everywhere.. a gallon of gas and a blasting cap or even a firecracker kills more..

for that matter a gallon of gas and a match, something you can get at the 7-11 down the street on your way to the school.. NO FBI background check is necessary..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:54 PM   #192
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
The root cause of all societal ill is lack of parenting... especially from the father. How about we make it as tough to father kids as it is to buy a handgun from a retail store?
you mean money and an FBI background check?
Old 12-14-2012, 06:54 PM   #193
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:

I agree that the break down of the family is the root cause of these types of deplorable acts but how to you implement something like you suggest.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:58 PM   #194
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
you mean money and an FBI background check?
I realize it isn't stringent, but it does exclude convicted felons / domestic offenders / those under protective orders / drug convicts... which describes just about every POS absentee father.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:00 PM   #195
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Evil has a human face.

Prayers for the lost and the families of the victims.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:01 PM   #196
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

This is for all of you self righteous far left liberals.
how many of you will admit to having a gaming console with at least one shootem up game on them? Sorry I do not know the games out there today so fill in the blanks..

IMO those are the games that have driven society farther into the toilet .

I have yet to attend a Conceal Carry License class that does not teach gun responsibility, safety and sanity..

Had a parent or teacher had a CCL and been armed could any of that been stopped?

Posting a sign saying guns or from that matter weapons of any sort are not allowed is silly.. it will not stop things like this from happening.. If anything it empowers those nut jobs..
Old 12-14-2012, 07:01 PM   #197
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

Quote:
I agree that the break down of the family is the root cause of these types of deplorable acts but how to you implement something like you suggest.
Its rhetorical. But we already have an accepted form of newborn male genital mutilation in the form of circumcision. Why not add a vasectomy then make everyone apply for a reversal which requires a background check and gainful employment? Again, rhetorical.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:03 PM   #198
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Aw shucks, another circumcision is bad rant.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:05 PM   #199
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
This is for all of you self righteous far left liberals.
how many of you will admit to having a gaming console with at least one shootem up game on them? Sorry I do not know the games out there today so fill in the blanks..

IMO those are the games that have driven society farther into the toilet .

I have yet to attend a Conceal Carry License class that does not teach gun responsibility, safety and sanity..

Had a parent or teacher had a CCL and been armed could any of that been stopped?

Posting a sign saying guns or from that matter weapons of any sort are not allowed is silly.. it will not stop things like this from happening.. If anything it empowers those nut jobs..
I wonder what would have become to the teacher or parent who willfully carried a concealed weapon on those premises (despite the laws and signs against firearms in schools), and then successfully stopped this monster? Life in prison?
Old 12-14-2012, 07:05 PM   #200
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
I realize it isn't stringent, but it does exclude convicted felons / domestic offenders / those under protective orders / drug convicts... which describes just about every POS absentee father.
not sure POS absentee fathers are quite covered in that list.. but should narrow the odds a bit..