The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2012, 12:37 AM   #1
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default Should we be safe and hold Kuper out another week?

Really tough choice for me. You want and need this game and Kuper can definitely help. But you also want this guy prime for a playoff run. That injury has been nagging at him. He's had 17 days off and that's been great. Just thinking maybe 1 more week would get him back to 100%.

Do you play Kuper this week or would you hold him out 1 more week, just to be safe?
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2012, 01:23 AM   #2
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

It's always the same answer. If he can go he will play. Coaches and players know that worrying about injuries almost pointless. Its more for us fans to worry about it. If the doctors clear him to play, and Kuper practiced well, he will play.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:58 AM   #3
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
He's had 17 days off and that's been great. Just thinking maybe 1 more week would get him back to 100%.
Is that your expert, medical opinion?

Maybe we should hold him out another week. Maybe two. Or three. Maybe the SB. He'll HAVE to be 100% by then. Or not.

He could be as close to 100% today as he's going to be the rest of the season. We don't know. Maybe it's healed as much as it's going to until he completely shuts it down for the year and it won't matter how much longer he sits.

Trust in the coaches and medical staff. They know that a 80% Kuper is better than a 100% Manny and they'll know when he's at that point.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:19 AM   #4
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Fox said he would have played last week had it not been a short week, so I'm sure he's ready to go. You don't sit an important starter if he can go. Not many guys are 100% this time of year in the NFL.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:21 AM   #5
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
They know that a 80% Kuper is better than a 100% Manny
Damn right.
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:31 AM   #6
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

You should have let me sleep!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

There's a bit of a mind game here. The more unclear it is who is going to play, the more players you have to prepare for.

Limited in practice means less than 100% of the practice. That means if they hold you out the last five minutes you're limited. I am curious of both Kuper and Woodyard's status this game. If both play, it was all precautionary. If not, the injury is more serious than they thought.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:00 AM   #7
DENVERDUI55

The thought of Man RAM on Ngata keeps me up at night.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:06 AM   #8
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
The thought of Man RAM on Ngata keeps me up at night.
Each to their own I guess
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:07 AM   #9
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
There's a bit of a mind game here. The more unclear it is who is going to play, the more players you have to prepare for.

Limited in practice means less than 100% of the practice. That means if they hold you out the last five minutes you're limited. I am curious of both Kuper and Woodyard's status this game. If both play, it was all precautionary. If not, the injury is more serious than they thought.
The late season Thursday nigth games really put the teams at a disavantage compared to the early season games when teams are fresher. Teams that play late in the season cant recover quick enough from the grind of the season to date.

I think Kupe played against Tampa and Tampa still lived in the Broncos backfield. I believe he won't be anywhere close to 100% for the remainder of the year but his value over ManRam is more about cohesion than skillset at this point
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:32 AM   #10
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Each to their own I guess
I set my self up good with that one.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:35 AM   #11
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
The late season Thursday nigth games really put the teams at a disavantage compared to the early season games when teams are fresher. Teams that play late in the season cant recover quick enough from the grind of the season to date.

I think Kupe played against Tampa and Tampa still lived in the Broncos backfield. I believe he won't be anywhere close to 100% for the remainder of the year but his value over ManRam is more about cohesion than skillset at this point
Blasphemer!
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:39 AM   #12
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

You should have let me sleep!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post

That doesn't make any sense. By that logic Manny and the line should be doing better than when Kupe is in because he spent all of preseason and most of the season as the RG. In fact he hasn't, and the line has played worse when he's in.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:57 AM   #13
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
That doesn't make any sense. By that logic Manny and the line should be doing better than when Kupe is in because he spent all of preseason and most of the season as the RG. In fact he hasn't, and the line has played worse when he's in.
Not sure you read it correctly. I think JJ Watt manhandles either Kuper or ManRam at this point because I don't think Kuper is right. Correct me if you think differently

Man Ram at 100% is probably just as good physically as Kupe at 80% but Kuper knows the line calls. It was ManRam who basically let Houston come untouched and sack Manning.

We'll see but I think Kuper spot will be an issue from here on out no matter who's in there.

Hope I'm wrong and Kuper comes back strong. Ngata will provide a fine litmus test for ole Kupe

Last edited by CEH; 12-14-2012 at 09:28 AM..
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:06 AM   #14
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

Sure wish Kupe's dad would weigh in on this.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:11 AM   #15
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Is that your expert, medical opinion?

Maybe we should hold him out another week. Maybe two. Or three. Maybe the SB. He'll HAVE to be 100% by then. Or not.

He could be as close to 100% today as he's going to be the rest of the season. We don't know. Maybe it's healed as much as it's going to until he completely shuts it down for the year and it won't matter how much longer he sits.

Trust in the coaches and medical staff. They know that a 80% Kuper is better than a 100% Manny and they'll know when he's at that point.
No expert medical opinion, but let's not be naive here, another week would most likely benefit him. I highly doubt he's all the way back to 100%, HIGHLY DOUBT THAT. I know the coaches and medical staff will do what's right, that's their job. This is a forum, where we discuss OUR opinion. But will an 80% Kuper has a better chance at aggrivating the same injury then would a 95% Kuper.

Honestly, I would suit him up but wouldn't start him. See how the game unfolds, if it's tight and we need him, march him out there. If it's going well for us on offense, sit him out, it can only help him.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:21 AM   #16
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
No expert medical opinion, but let's not be naive here, another week would most likely benefit him. I highly doubt he's all the way back to 100%, HIGHLY DOUBT THAT. I know the coaches and medical staff will do what's right, that's their job. This is a forum, where we discuss OUR opinion. But will an 80% Kuper has a better chance at aggrivating the same injury then would a 95% Kuper.

Honestly, I would suit him up but wouldn't start him. See how the game unfolds, if it's tight and we need him, march him out there. If it's going well for us on offense, sit him out, it can only help him.
According to dedhead's post above, Fox said Kuper would have played last week had it not been a short week. That tells me that he's already gotten the extra week of rest/healing that you're essentially proposing and that he's where he needs to be health-wise to play and play well. Add to that the fact that we need him this week more than any other and the decision is simple IMO.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:13 AM   #17
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer

Play him this week, get the win and keep the hopes of getting the bye alive. Rest him against Cleveland and KC before the playoffs.
LetsGoBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote