The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2012, 12:37 AM   #1
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 10,071

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default Should we be safe and hold Kuper out another week?

Really tough choice for me. You want and need this game and Kuper can definitely help. But you also want this guy prime for a playoff run. That injury has been nagging at him. He's had 17 days off and that's been great. Just thinking maybe 1 more week would get him back to 100%.

Do you play Kuper this week or would you hold him out 1 more week, just to be safe?
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2012, 01:23 AM   #2
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,702
Default

It's always the same answer. If he can go he will play. Coaches and players know that worrying about injuries almost pointless. Its more for us fans to worry about it. If the doctors clear him to play, and Kuper practiced well, he will play.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:58 AM   #3
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,155

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
He's had 17 days off and that's been great. Just thinking maybe 1 more week would get him back to 100%.
Is that your expert, medical opinion?

Maybe we should hold him out another week. Maybe two. Or three. Maybe the SB. He'll HAVE to be 100% by then. Or not.

He could be as close to 100% today as he's going to be the rest of the season. We don't know. Maybe it's healed as much as it's going to until he completely shuts it down for the year and it won't matter how much longer he sits.

Trust in the coaches and medical staff. They know that a 80% Kuper is better than a 100% Manny and they'll know when he's at that point.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:19 AM   #4
Dedhed
Ring of Famer
 
Dedhed's Avatar
 
Fare thee well

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,226

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith
Default

Fox said he would have played last week had it not been a short week, so I'm sure he's ready to go. You don't sit an important starter if he can go. Not many guys are 100% this time of year in the NFL.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:21 AM   #5
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"
 
WolfpackGuy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Delaware
Posts: 6,736
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
They know that a 80% Kuper is better than a 100% Manny
Damn right.
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:31 AM   #6
Kaylore
Shall we begin?
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
You should have let me sleep!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 45,945

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

There's a bit of a mind game here. The more unclear it is who is going to play, the more players you have to prepare for.

Limited in practice means less than 100% of the practice. That means if they hold you out the last five minutes you're limited. I am curious of both Kuper and Woodyard's status this game. If both play, it was all precautionary. If not, the injury is more serious than they thought.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:00 AM   #7
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

The thought of Man RAM on Ngata keeps me up at night.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:06 AM   #8
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,768

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
The thought of Man RAM on Ngata keeps me up at night.
Each to their own I guess
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:07 AM   #9
CEH
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,956
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
There's a bit of a mind game here. The more unclear it is who is going to play, the more players you have to prepare for.

Limited in practice means less than 100% of the practice. That means if they hold you out the last five minutes you're limited. I am curious of both Kuper and Woodyard's status this game. If both play, it was all precautionary. If not, the injury is more serious than they thought.
The late season Thursday nigth games really put the teams at a disavantage compared to the early season games when teams are fresher. Teams that play late in the season cant recover quick enough from the grind of the season to date.

I think Kupe played against Tampa and Tampa still lived in the Broncos backfield. I believe he won't be anywhere close to 100% for the remainder of the year but his value over ManRam is more about cohesion than skillset at this point
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:32 AM   #10
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Each to their own I guess
I set my self up good with that one.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:35 AM   #11
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck
 
Chris's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,561

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
The late season Thursday nigth games really put the teams at a disavantage compared to the early season games when teams are fresher. Teams that play late in the season cant recover quick enough from the grind of the season to date.

I think Kupe played against Tampa and Tampa still lived in the Broncos backfield. I believe he won't be anywhere close to 100% for the remainder of the year but his value over ManRam is more about cohesion than skillset at this point
Blasphemer!
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:39 AM   #12
Kaylore
Shall we begin?
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
You should have let me sleep!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 45,945

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
The late season Thursday nigth games really put the teams at a disavantage compared to the early season games when teams are fresher. Teams that play late in the season cant recover quick enough from the grind of the season to date.

I think Kupe played against Tampa and Tampa still lived in the Broncos backfield. I believe he won't be anywhere close to 100% for the remainder of the year but his value over ManRam is more about cohesion than skillset at this point
That doesn't make any sense. By that logic Manny and the line should be doing better than when Kupe is in because he spent all of preseason and most of the season as the RG. In fact he hasn't, and the line has played worse when he's in.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:57 AM   #13
CEH
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,956
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
That doesn't make any sense. By that logic Manny and the line should be doing better than when Kupe is in because he spent all of preseason and most of the season as the RG. In fact he hasn't, and the line has played worse when he's in.
Not sure you read it correctly. I think JJ Watt manhandles either Kuper or ManRam at this point because I don't think Kuper is right. Correct me if you think differently

Man Ram at 100% is probably just as good physically as Kupe at 80% but Kuper knows the line calls. It was ManRam who basically let Houston come untouched and sack Manning.

We'll see but I think Kuper spot will be an issue from here on out no matter who's in there.

Hope I'm wrong and Kuper comes back strong. Ngata will provide a fine litmus test for ole Kupe

Last edited by CEH; 12-14-2012 at 09:28 AM..
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:06 AM   #14
baja
Elite Sissie
 
baja's Avatar
 
Because

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,682

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies
Default

Sure wish Kupe's dad would weigh in on this.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:11 AM   #15
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 10,071

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Is that your expert, medical opinion?

Maybe we should hold him out another week. Maybe two. Or three. Maybe the SB. He'll HAVE to be 100% by then. Or not.

He could be as close to 100% today as he's going to be the rest of the season. We don't know. Maybe it's healed as much as it's going to until he completely shuts it down for the year and it won't matter how much longer he sits.

Trust in the coaches and medical staff. They know that a 80% Kuper is better than a 100% Manny and they'll know when he's at that point.
No expert medical opinion, but let's not be naive here, another week would most likely benefit him. I highly doubt he's all the way back to 100%, HIGHLY DOUBT THAT. I know the coaches and medical staff will do what's right, that's their job. This is a forum, where we discuss OUR opinion. But will an 80% Kuper has a better chance at aggrivating the same injury then would a 95% Kuper.

Honestly, I would suit him up but wouldn't start him. See how the game unfolds, if it's tight and we need him, march him out there. If it's going well for us on offense, sit him out, it can only help him.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:21 AM   #16
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,155

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
No expert medical opinion, but let's not be naive here, another week would most likely benefit him. I highly doubt he's all the way back to 100%, HIGHLY DOUBT THAT. I know the coaches and medical staff will do what's right, that's their job. This is a forum, where we discuss OUR opinion. But will an 80% Kuper has a better chance at aggrivating the same injury then would a 95% Kuper.

Honestly, I would suit him up but wouldn't start him. See how the game unfolds, if it's tight and we need him, march him out there. If it's going well for us on offense, sit him out, it can only help him.
According to dedhead's post above, Fox said Kuper would have played last week had it not been a short week. That tells me that he's already gotten the extra week of rest/healing that you're essentially proposing and that he's where he needs to be health-wise to play and play well. Add to that the fact that we need him this week more than any other and the decision is simple IMO.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:13 AM   #17
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer
 
LetsGoBroncos's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,463
Default

Play him this week, get the win and keep the hopes of getting the bye alive. Rest him against Cleveland and KC before the playoffs.
LetsGoBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:08 AM.


Denver Broncos