The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2012, 04:39 PM   #126
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
at having a coach for a position. Don't get mad that its stupid.
I have to admit, I haven't seen that b4?
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:39 PM   #127
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller View Post
Flex spot- Wayne against the Texans or Alfred Morris against Cleveland
Now that is an interesting dilemma...
Old 12-13-2012, 04:47 PM   #128
Smiling Assassin27
Helmet Tester

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Hemanuel Sandrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
Now that is an interesting dilemma...

not great options but the browns are a bad ass defense. without rg3, they're just gonna play run and dare kirk cousins to beat 'em. Luck has the most pass attempts in the league, so he's gonna look for Wayne a lot, IMO.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:49 PM   #129
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkporter View Post
Ok guys, here's another:

-Decker or Lance Moore (vs TB) --My league has a stronger weight towards receiving yards (1pt per 8yds)
Decker has been **** for the past 5 weeks(1 TD past 5 games). Bigger knock on Decker is his yards are putrid. Ravens do not feature great corners and the game could be high scoring.

Now what happened with Moore last week? Just sucked along with Colston. But, at least Moore if he doesn't get a TD can grab some yards. Have to like the matchup with Moore at home versus the Bucs(horrible pass defense). Saints run offense is horrible so they will have to pass. Maybe throw in the bounty being over the team is more cheered up.
Old 12-13-2012, 04:53 PM   #130
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
not great options but the browns are a bad ass defense. without rg3, they're just gonna play run and dare kirk cousins to beat 'em. Luck has the most pass attempts in the league, so he's gonna look for Wayne a lot, IMO.
I agree with this. If Cousins is starting, all focus should be to stop the skins ground game.

I'm just a heavy RB guy and always prefer them(flex as well). But, as you mentioned this looks like Reggie Wayne is the clear choice. Would really have to think if RG3 plays.
Old 12-13-2012, 04:54 PM   #131
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
And if the Texans get up on them HEAVY passing by Luck to bail the Colts out to try and win.
Old 12-13-2012, 05:03 PM   #132
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoDak Bronco View Post
How is Garšon available in your league??!! Lol that is crazy
How was Denario Alexander available as someone else mentioned? I've been riding that mofo forever. Credit Norv Turner for finding another giant WR.
Old 12-13-2012, 05:28 PM   #133
Broncobiv
Tee many martoonis

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

PPR league, 1 point/10 yards

Last week I sat Decker in favor of Moreno. Worked out great, even though Decker had a good PPR game. This week, I think I'll do the same...do you agree? Even though Decker finally came back to life last week with 8/88, Moreno still has the guaranteed touches.
Broncobiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:38 PM   #134
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

If you are PPR go with Wayne over Morris. I don't think Housten defense playing well and Browns are better then people think. With rg3 hobbled and Garcon the only pass option they may be able to load up to stop the run. But really this is a close call to make. Just be happy you have 2 good options, both of which will probably score 10 fantasy points at least.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:39 PM   #135
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Quote:
I have to admit, I haven't seen that b4?
There is a reason you haven't seen it b4. It's lame.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:16 PM   #136
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Requiems league also has a position for owner. You get 5 points when their team wins just like the coach! Next yr they plan on adding a position for GM. Req is against it though he wants to add oline positions and give points based on pancake blocks.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:34 PM   #137
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
at having a coach for a position. Don't get mad that its stupid.
Why is it stupid?

This is a league that has been going on since the early 90s, back when it was all on paper and figured out by hand, long before anyone here was going on Yahoo or ESPN doing their PPR leagues online. It was the league my dad used to be in. My boss happens to run the league, and is friends with my dad, so he invited me to take the place of a person who no longer worked where we do. So I did.

I think having a coach is a unique aspect to the game. Handfuls of games have been decided this year on whether or not the team someone had won or lost. It is an added dimension and it also implicates draft strategies. It also is another way to score cash -- if you pick the team who has the most regular season wins -- you get the pool of cash associated with the head coaching position.

It was not something I created or came up on my own. It was decided long ago when I was picking studs like Randy Moss, Carl Pickens, etc.

I really enjoy the league. It is tradition and brings up good memories of my father and I growing up. I was always excited to visit him on the weekends and get the latest FF league print off that had hand drawn covers of the match-ups and personalized characters that were based off your team name. Pretty cool if you ask me.

But if you insist on being a petty a-hole, be my guest. It is just a matter of time before you make fun of the death of an NFL player and get another vacation.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:29 PM   #138
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

You are right about one thing i probably will get banned again. Good try though trying to blame your dad so i would say something about him and get banned. Keep trolling.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:33 PM   #139
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Which one was it that did it for you Req? The I hope its not Charles I need him in fantasy tommorrow, or the other one. Because Charles got me like 15 points and I won my game! I may have been banned but i was happy! So far this week i am going againt Bryce Brown and he is laying an egg right now!

As far as your league goes whatever is fun I guess is ok. So i take back it being lame ok! it's just silly but as long as Req has funsies its all good.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:38 PM   #140
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Ok Req I bet i can go longer without being a douchy dickhead then you can. We will see who can go longer without disrespecting someone or being an a-hole.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:08 AM   #141
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
You are right about one thing i probably will get banned again. Good try though trying to blame your dad so i would say something about him and get banned. Keep trolling.
You do not have very good reading comprehension. There was no blame placed. I was merely pointing out that the rules established for this league happened two decades ago. I had no input on the manner because I was 5 years old when it started.

So I ask you once again, why is having a head coach/team dumb? How is it any different than having a team's special teams or defense? People who have the Texans, Pats, Broncos, Falcons, etc. have more points because of wins from those teams than some people do who put out horrendous defenses -- like a guy who has started the Saints every game. Some games are close, some games are blowouts. In the games that are decided by 5 points or less, who you have as a coach plays an important role on whether or not you win or lose. Makes the league unique.

As I said before, you don't have a reason for it being "stupid." You are just being your usual self. Zebras can't change their stripes, eh?
Old 12-14-2012, 08:48 AM   #142
Smiling Assassin27
Helmet Tester

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Hemanuel Sandrs

Josh Freeman (v New Orleans) or Aaron Rodgers (v Da Bears)?

Freeman's going against the worst pass d in the league but the Bears d is in shambles right now too.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:47 AM   #143
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Josh Freeman (v New Orleans) or Aaron Rodgers (v Da Bears)?

Freeman's going against the worst pass d in the league but the Bears d is in shambles right now too.
Could Freeman have a bigger game? Why yes. If I had money on the line since we are in the playoffs? I'm going with Rodgers because I trust him more. Matchup regardless.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:52 AM   #144
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD4HOF View Post
Isn't F Jackson hurt? Spiller is the pick...defenses will be more ready for Wilson now.
I doubt I will make the switch, but Wilson running the ball if Bradshaw is out can put up big #s. There is nobody behind Wilson if Bradshaw is down. I've been riding the Spiller horse all year so why change now, right? Just a possible switch I'm contemplating.
Old 12-14-2012, 12:45 PM   #145
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
ppr or standard?

i think pitta's gonna get a lot of catches on sunday. givens is the only deep threat so will probably get yards and big plays.
ppr with custom scoring.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:00 PM   #146
Smiling Assassin27
Helmet Tester

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Hemanuel Sandrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
ppr with custom scoring.
it looks like amendola's gonna play, which means he'll probably get most of hte targets from bradford and most of the catches. if amendola's out, givens becomes a better option.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:08 PM   #147
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
I doubt I will make the switch, but Wilson running the ball if Bradshaw is out can put up big #s. There is nobody behind Wilson if Bradshaw is down. I've been riding the Spiller horse all year so why change now, right? Just a possible switch I'm contemplating.
Do you not have a flex position? I feel like Spiller has been an RB1/2 all year and Wilson would easily replace someone's flex.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:11 PM   #148
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
Do you not have a flex position? I feel like Spiller has been an RB1/2 all year and Wilson would easily replace someone's flex.
Spiller is my flex. And he is a RB1/RB2 quality player. I have like what Wilson has shown. Fresh legs and the potential to be the only guy has me intrigued.

Last edited by maven; 12-14-2012 at 01:14 PM..
Old 12-14-2012, 02:04 PM   #149
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
You do not have very good reading comprehension. There was no blame placed. I was merely pointing out that the rules established for this league happened two decades ago. I had no input on the manner because I was 5 years old when it started.

So I ask you once again, why is having a head coach/team dumb? How is it any different than having a team's special teams or defense? People who have the Texans, Pats, Broncos, Falcons, etc. have more points because of wins from those teams than some people do who put out horrendous defenses -- like a guy who has started the Saints every game. Some games are close, some games are blowouts. In the games that are decided by 5 points or less, who you have as a coach plays an important role on whether or not you win or lose. Makes the league unique.

As I said before, you don't have a reason for it being "stupid." You are just being your usual self. Zebras can't change their stripes, eh?
The reason I feel it is dumb is because coaches don't go on the field and play. Special teams and defenses, ummm they actually go on the field and play football.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:37 PM   #150
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
The reason I feel it is dumb is because coaches don't go on the field and play. Special teams and defenses, ummm they actually go on the field and play football.
Coaches coach the game, which is an important aspect of football. Gameplans have an immense impact on the outcome of games. Players are responsible for execution of such plan. You can stop being petulant whenever you please. Trying to bait me into a pissing contest on something I had no control over in fantasy football is childish. Grow up.