The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Weeden or Newton
Newton 23 74.19%
Weeden 8 25.81%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-13-2012, 04:49 PM   #26
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
What has Weeden ever done to garner that comparison?
I meant Newton is like Cutler. Didn't proofread before submitting the post
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:03 PM   #27
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
at the end of the day, weeden is 30 frickin years old as a rookie. that is so hard to overlook to pick him to become anything more than a few year starter.
He's 29 this year(turns 30 in Oct), but I think we all get the point.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:17 PM   #28
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
at the end of the day, weeden is 30 frickin years old as a rookie. that is so hard to overlook to pick him to become anything more than a few year starter.
29, but who's counting.....

Steve Young didn't really get his chance until he was 30 years old.....and made the HoF. Doesn't mean Weeden can do the same...but it also doesn't mean he can't.

with today's strength and conditioning knowledge and training, he could still play for about 10-11 years barring injury.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:33 PM   #29
g6matty

Newton is the best fantasy qb evar. Hes a winner in my book :-)
Old 12-13-2012, 08:49 PM   #30
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Steve Young didn't really get his chance until he was 30 years old
he also sat behind Joe Montana for half a decade with Bill Walsh as his coach. and before that he got his feet wet starting for two teams.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:52 PM   #31
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
he also sat behind Joe Montana for half a decade with Bill Walsh as his coach. and before that he got his feet wet starting for two teams.
actually 4 years and 5 games. but close is good here..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:21 AM   #32
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
a) Cam Newton is a middle of the pack NFL QB. If you have any evidence to refute that, post it.
b) The 2012 class of DT's isn't as good as the 2013 class of DT's (and the 2012 class wasn't great). Name one elite DT coming out this year. I'd classify every single one of them as 2nd round talent.
c) Normal people don't care about race, only racists do. It's a broad statement, but generally true.
(A) You keep changing your argument. I was addressing your point that Newton isn't good enough to carry a terrible team to the playoffs. I never made a claim on where Newton stands in regards to others in the league.

(B) Are you kidding me? WTF? Star Lotulelei could be the #1 overall pick. Hankins, Short and the Williams Duo are probably all going in the first round. This pretty much illustrates that your knowledge regarding college football is a complete sham. (But we already knew that.)

(C) Singapore Healthcare Level Fail. Then again, you thought Romney was going to be the big winner.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:07 PM   #33
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
(A) You keep changing your argument. I was addressing your point that Newton isn't good enough to carry a terrible team to the playoffs. I never made a claim on where Newton stands in regards to others in the league.
Holler at me as soon as Newton makes the playoffs, until then you can speculate all you want. The statistics show that Cam Newton is average, regardless of the team around him.

Quote:
(B) Are you kidding me? WTF? Star Lotulelei could be the #1 overall pick. Hankins, Short and the Williams Duo are probably all going in the first round. This pretty much illustrates that your knowledge regarding college football is a complete sham. (But we already knew that.)
...says the guy who was in love with Jerel Worthy, and hated Derek Wolfe.

All the guys you mentioned compare quite well to Jerel Worthy, who I always considered a 2nd round pick. Turned out I was right. All the guys you mentioned, in my book, are decent NT's (not elite), which would put them in the bottom of the 1st round, or 2nd round if this draft wasn't so bad, or if any Elite DT's were available. Why do you think they all waited to come out this year? They are all Seniors or 5th year Seniors (with the exception of Hankins). You can get hyped up about the quantity all you want, but none of them are elite.

None of them are even close to a Haloti Ngata, Vince Wilfork, Richard Seymour, Marcus Stroud, or John Henderson.

All of them will be pretty good run stuffers, kind of like Brandon Thompson or Jerel Worthy...but not what you would call an IMPACT player...which is what I'm looking for in the 1st round. I would take a serious look at all of them at the bottom of the 1st, depending on who else is available...but not before then. Whoever picks any of those guys top 20 is making a mistake.

Jerel Worthy had similar stats and size to Star Lotulelei and was 21 years when he was picked 51st overall in 2012. Lotulelei finally had a decent year, this year...he's 23.

Will some of them be picked in the 1st round? Yes. Like I said, it's a super-crappy draft. I would be interested to know how strong, fast, and how long of arms each one has...we don't know that yet. It will tell us a lot about their potential, so I reserve the right to change my mind about any of them.

Quote:
((C) Singapore Healthcare Level Fail. Then again, you thought Romney was going to be the big winner.
Wrong on both counts. Singapore healthcare is working. Obamacare is not. I hoped Romney would win, but didn't expect it. Now we have to put up with Obama's nonsense for another 4 years. Lucky you. Lay off the meds, and try not to get banned again (for the 3rd time).
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 04:15 PM   #34
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

If you compared all those guys to Jerel Worthy, it is quite obvious you don't watch much college football. You are full of ****. Always have been. Always will be.

Poor class at defensive tackle? Are you stupid?

Last edited by Requiem; 12-14-2012 at 04:21 PM..
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 04:28 PM   #35
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Ugh... they think HILL is a 4th rounder? Sigh...

Also, Newton and Weeden both blow
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:38 PM   #36
KipCorrington25
Free Safety

They both sucks, it's like who's better KC or Oakland?
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote