The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2012, 09:48 AM   #26
FearLanier
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

With Revis out Peterson is easily the best CB in football.

Saying Peterson was at fault for the 58-0 loss is simply not true.

Peterson had an INT and a pass defended. He shut down his man. The reason the Cardinals were beaten so bad was because the Seahawks rushed for 200+ yards and 3 TD's.

That's more on the front 7, not a CB.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:48 AM   #27
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,308

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Confidence is good for a CB. But I think Revis is still probably the best all round CB.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:49 AM   #28
CEH
Ring of Famer
 
CEH's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 4,327
Default

I'd like PP on this team and he may very well be the best right now but not over Von however I'm not sure anyone is saying they want PP on this team instead of Von plus FA stud CBs come on the market all the time even Champ was traded for. Good luck finding a Von Miller type on the market
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:50 AM   #29
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,308

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLanier View Post
With Revis out Peterson is easily the best CB in football.

Saying Peterson was at fault for the 58-0 loss is simply not true.

Peterson had an INT and a pass defended. He shut down his man. The reason the Cardinals were beaten so bad was because the Seahawks rushed for 200+ yards and 3 TD's.

That's more on the front 7, not a CB.
Peterson also muffed a punt at the goaline which lead to a TD. That was a special teams gaff of course but still, it didn't help his team.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:50 AM   #30
CEH
Ring of Famer
 
CEH's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 4,327
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLanier View Post
With Revis out Peterson is easily the best CB in football.

Saying Peterson was at fault for the 58-0 loss is simply not true.

Peterson had an INT and a pass defended. He shut down his man. The reason the Cardinals were beaten so bad was because the Seahawks rushed for 200+ yards and 3 TD's.

That's more on the front 7, not a CB.
CBs are be taken out of the game. Miller without the cast on his hand has the QBs attention on every play
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:50 AM   #31
Heyneck
Ring of Famer
 
Heyneck's Avatar
 
RIP Tripplets!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cali, Colombia
Posts: 2,332

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinBronco View Post
Well az needs a qb and QBs are always at a premium just ask kc
yeah but not a 4th rounder for the 5th overall pick of last year. No way it would happen. To get Peterson you would have to give up elite talent. Like the one we gave for Champ (we ran to the bank with that trade by the way). Not going to happen.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:52 AM   #32
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,942
Default

Von miller is more important than PP.

A dominating pass rusher is the single biggest key on a defense. Look at the giants; secondary is suspect but that pass rush is elite
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:53 AM   #33
Heyneck
Ring of Famer
 
Heyneck's Avatar
 
RIP Tripplets!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cali, Colombia
Posts: 2,332

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinBronco View Post
Like that doesn't happen with every team. Oh those skins homers, what idiots!

Every other team's fan base and media is objective.
you are right... but you are saying like it's actually going around DC (the media).
At least the Portis = Champ trade started because one of our deverpost writers proposed that trade because we needed some way to stop Manning in the playoffs.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:54 AM   #34
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,942
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
yeah but not a 4th rounder for the 5th overall pick of last year. No way it would happen. To get Peterson you would have to give up elite talent. Like the one we gave for Champ (we ran to the bank with that trade by the way). Not going to happen.
I disagree on the champ/portis deal.

I thought it was even. Portis was a huge part of Gibbs 2.0 skins and a big time critical player in those 2 late season playoff runs and champ is champ.
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:56 AM   #35
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,942
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
you are right... but you are saying like it's actually going around DC (the media).
At least the Portis = Champ trade started because one of our deverpost writers proposed that trade because we needed some way to stop Manning in the playoffs.
Well it was mentioned on the radio but of course in a "call Arizona and see" type way not "hey this is a rumor"

But yeah it has been mentioned outside just armchair msg board fans. Again, key point being that NOT A RUMOR, just kick the tires...
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:57 AM   #36
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,308

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinBronco View Post
I disagree on the champ/portis deal.

I thought it was even. Portis was a huge part of Gibbs 2.0 skins and a big time critical player in those 2 late season playoff runs and champ is champ.
sorry, but Shanny definitely won this trade. Broncos even got a second round pick. Shanny = winning.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:01 AM   #37
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,942
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
sorry, but Shanny definitely won this trade. Broncos even got a second round pick. Shanny = winning.
Believe what you want; portis was a big time player here.

Oh and how did Bailey do against evil peyton "colts" manning when he was surrounded with shanarat's other defensive personnel in those glorious playoff games against the colts?
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:03 AM   #38
Heyneck
Ring of Famer
 
Heyneck's Avatar
 
RIP Tripplets!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cali, Colombia
Posts: 2,332

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinBronco View Post
Well it was mentioned on the radio but of course in a "call Arizona and see" type way not "hey this is a rumor"

But yeah it has been mentioned outside just armchair msg board fans. Again, key point being that NOT A RUMOR, just kick the tires...
well, at least you got Shany's history of coveting that prime cover corner and going for him. But that time he at least had a great bargaining chip to allure the other team. In the skins case Kirk can't be the starting point. He would probably be a throw in, or a complement to the big offer. Say.. draft pick, because I can't think of a player (only RG3) on the skins that the cards would trade Peterson for.

Still, I think the Shanahan's covet Kirk because they know that if they keep playing RG3 like they have, he will eventually miss game per season a la Vick.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:03 AM   #39
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer
 
NFLBRONCO's Avatar
 
Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Lafayette Colorado
Posts: 8,497
Default

He might be problem is he's one the nfl's who cares teams. Ariz and Jax tops in that dept.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:04 AM   #40
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 23,371

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Is he the best CB? I am not sure but for a 2nd year player to be at his level, Cardinals did good in getting him very early last season. CB is a tough position to pick up from college to the pros and he has done it after one season. He should be having a Champ Bailey like career. He also returns kicks which is now a bonus.

With that said, I want Johnson to score a few on him just for running his mouth after a 58-0 loss.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:06 AM   #41
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,308

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinBronco View Post
Believe what you want; portis was a big time player here.

Oh and how did Bailey do against evil peyton "colts" manning when he was surrounded with shanarat's other defensive personnel in those glorious playoff games against the colts?
Shanny's defenses did not do well against the Colts but that's not all on one player, that was more of a systemic problem due to Shanny's incompetence. That being said, Bailey has continued his pro-bowl ways with the Broncos, and has been a very stable presence in the backfield of the defense and in the lockerroom too.

I'm the first one to criticize Shanny's bad decisions, but on this trade, he hit the damn ball out of the park.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:16 AM   #42
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,942
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Shanny's defenses did not do well against the Colts but that's not all on one player, that was more of a systemic problem due to Shanny's incompetence. That being said, Bailey has continued his pro-bowl ways with the Broncos, and has been a very stable presence in the backfield of the defense and in the lockerroom too.

I'm the first one to criticize Shanny's bad decisions, but on this trade, he hit the damn ball out of the park.
We will have to agree to disagree but it's cool.

It can be debated forever given the importance of each guy to his respective team
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:17 AM   #43
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
12 straight road division wins

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 47,266

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinBronco View Post
Believe what you want; portis was a big time player here.

Oh and how did Bailey do against evil peyton "colts" manning when he was surrounded with shanarat's other defensive personnel in those glorious playoff games against the colts?
You mean when Marvin Harrison did nothing every time he played the Broncos?
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:21 AM   #44
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,665
Default

Lenny Walls and Kelly Herndon...

The horror...the horror...

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:23 AM   #45
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
12 straight road division wins

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 47,266

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Roc Alexander wished he was Lenny Walls.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:24 AM   #46
Punisher
® Kiss the shoes!
 
Punisher's Avatar
 
We run the AFC WOOOOOOO!®

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Broncos Video Vault
Posts: 7,604

Adopt-a-Bronco:
I4jelway7 = God
Default

I'm saying Tillman is the best CB in the NFL. But that's just me
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:26 AM   #47
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,665
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Roc Alexander wished he was Lenny Walls.





Make it stop...


Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:26 AM   #48
Punisher
® Kiss the shoes!
 
Punisher's Avatar
 
We run the AFC WOOOOOOO!®

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Broncos Video Vault
Posts: 7,604

Adopt-a-Bronco:
I4jelway7 = God
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Roc Alexander wished he was Lenny Walls.
Lenny Walls wasn't that bad he was just used wrong, I always saw him as a FS maybe because that's what i made him into when i played Madden.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:28 AM   #49
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,807
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Uh oh. Here comes the Von Miller hate train...
At this current point in time, Von was the best player selected in that draft.....
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:28 AM   #50
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,942
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
You mean when Marvin Harrison did nothing every time he played the Broncos?
I shiver at the thought of those games. He got gashed as well, but it wasn't necessarily his fault. That's the thing with DBs; it's not possible to keep up with the receiver for 10+ seconds.

Great example is the giants DBs who are absolute trash without that vaunted pass rush
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:53 PM.


Denver Broncos