The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Should we extend Von & DT after 2012?
Yes, lock them both up 31 60.78%
Just Von, DT needs 1 more good year 6 11.76%
Just DT, I'm bat**** crazy 2 3.92%
Neither, lets milk them for another cheap season or two. 12 23.53%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-12-2012, 02:17 PM   #26
Rolandftw

I'd like to see Chris Harris signed to an extension.

Tony Carter is restricted this season, so would make sense to try to get a deal done there if they see him as a good CB longterm.

After next season, probably have to look into signing D Thomas and Von Miller
Old 12-12-2012, 02:52 PM   #27
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
You didn't read anything I said, did you? I am pretty sure DT can't get a new contract even if God appears to the Broncos front office and orders them to give him one until after next season. No matter how much "we love" these guys, giving them a new contract before they are eligible is impossible, and before we need is not smart.
I absolutely read every word! I just didn't pay much attention to it.

My argument was about contracts in general, not just rookie contracts. Are you saying the same rule applies to all contracts, not just rookie contracts? If so, God can appear at the front office and order them to give a new contract to someone... Just askin, then sayin...
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:21 PM   #28
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer

Just let it happen!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55CrushEm View Post
I'd have to go through the entire roster......but off the top of my head I'd say Bannan, Brooking, Leonhard and perhaps Stokley.....unless we can't lure another good slot WR here in the offseason.

We also need to re-sign Bruton for special teams.
Yeah I would sign them all to nice veteran role player deals. Also, I would give a mid starter money contract extension to Chris Harris and Tony Carter. I would also pay Clady top 5 LT money!
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:40 AM   #29
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdawg26 View Post
Yeah I would sign them all to nice veteran role player deals. Also, I would give a mid starter money contract extension to Chris Harris and Tony Carter. I would also pay Clady top 5 LT money!
I'm not saying I would necessarily sign all 4 of those guys again. Maybe, maybe not.

But he asked who we thought would potentially "walk". Those were the 4 on the top of my head.

We will definitely re-sign Clady (or franchise him). We SHOULD re-sign Bruton. Other than that, I don't think we have any impending free agents that are "must signs". Some would be nice to keep, but aren't necessarily critical.
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:24 AM   #30
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
The poll results so far show a lot of you are totally clueless. You can't even extend some players even if you want to because of the new CBA.
With the new CBA does it apply to contracts before it was signed? I don't know but lots of times this type of stuff only applies to contracts signed after it was voted in and contracts before get grandfathered in on old rules.