The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2012, 09:04 PM   #1
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default Poll on Fiscal Cliff

It's quite a lengthy poll asking numerous questions regarding Dems, Repubs, Congress, Obama, fiscal cliff, but quite interesting.

http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2...cal-cliff?lite
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2012, 03:14 PM   #2
Meck77

I think we should go over the cliff and layoff the president, most of congress, and about 5 million federal workers. These jack asses have us in wars all over the world and they can't even pass a damn budget plan.

These idiots are going to kick the can down the road and raise taxes on everyone. The poor included. This political uncertainty is already having adverse effects on the economy. On a personal level I know of major deals being shelved because people don't even know how much they are going to be taxed!

Bottom line they are creating a disincentive to hire people, take business risk, and quite frankly make more money.
Meck77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 03:27 PM   #3
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

The senate already passed a bill extending the tax cuts for the middle class 250,000 and below. They're just waiting on the rightards in the house to put it to a vote.

BTW, I agree with you we should go over the fiscal cliff.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 03:31 PM   #4
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

If the right weren't controlled by loons, this wouldn't be a issue. Even "Saint Ron" would have understood that we need to tackle the problem with both revenue increase and spending cuts.
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:04 PM   #5
Meck77

Rightards? loons?

Fellas the democrats have been in charge for 4 years now. Had our economy actually grew instead of debt ceiling raises, quantitative easing, operation twist, and other fed tricks we wouldn't be in this mess.

Meh....I think when all of you see your tax bills, new fees, and you paychecks shrink you'll be wishing a guy like Ron Paul got in office instead.

Our federal government is so bloated it's disgusting.

Last edited by Meck77; 12-27-2012 at 04:08 PM..
Old 12-27-2012, 04:32 PM   #6
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
Rightards? loons?

Fellas the democrats have been in charge for 4 years now.
Not at all true. Why do you guys insist on lies all the time?

Quote:
Had our economy actually grew instead of debt ceiling raises, quantitative easing, operation twist, and other fed tricks we wouldn't be in this mess.
Hard to get anything done when even the ideas the right _agrees_ with they block just for the sake of blocking. It's childish and absurd, and you're the same if you deny it's going on.

There's finally some GOP leadership that are acting like grown ups, but color me unimpressed.

Quote:
Meh....I think when all of you see your tax bills, new fees, and you paychecks shrink you'll be wishing a guy like Ron Paul got in office instead.
You know, I do my own taxes: they've done nothing but go down since Obama took office (by almost 3%). Most of the middle and working class has seen a significant tax cut under Obama (mostly due to the FICA tax holiday).

Overall tax rates (as a % of GDP) are at a 60 year low.

But keep drumming the tax scare tactics. There are plenty of folks that will believe you.

Quote:
No argument there.

And the Saint Ron I'm referring too isn't Paul it's Reagan. You know, the president who raised taxes almost twice a year during his presidency when even he realized that the huge cuts he was part of couldn't be paid for with just money stolen from SS?
Old 12-27-2012, 04:39 PM   #7
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Rightards? loons?

Fellas the democrats have been in charge for 4 years now. Had our economy actually grew instead of debt ceiling raises, quantitative easing, operation twist, and other fed tricks we wouldn't be in this mess.

Have ever read what you actually post. It might answer the question on why I refer to reps/teabaggers as rightards.
Old 12-27-2012, 04:40 PM   #8
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
The senate already passed a bill extending the tax cuts for the middle class 250,000 and below. They're just waiting on the rightards in the house to put it to a vote.

BTW, I agree with you we should go over the fiscal cliff.
Why would the House pass just that? Where would the future incentive be to make major changes in spending if that's already done?
Old 12-27-2012, 04:41 PM   #9
Meck77

We are approaching 17 trillion in debt. If you enjoyed any tax break kiss that goodbye.

Facts are facts.

http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/...ebt_chart.html
Old 12-27-2012, 04:46 PM   #10
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
We are approaching 17 trillion in debt. If you enjoyed any tax break kiss that goodbye.

Facts are facts.

http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/...ebt_chart.html
Nice strawman. I don't recall anyone but the wingut contingent claiming we can solve the debt problem without tax increases.

The wingnut contingent wants to have their cake and eat it to: pay off an enormous debt without actually you know, paying anything.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:07 PM   #11
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Obama acts like he just wants a few tax raising things though fed. People don't realize how much he is raising them just to try and pay for Obamacare.

Now the whole mood of the country is ****. Retailers had a horrid xmas and that accounts for 50% of their nut in some cases. We are so screwed right now and the funny thing is liberals still think it was because of Iraq lol.

Enjoy the ride. The last time xmas sales were this bad was 2008 right before the recession. We may be headed into a recession again. Obamacare starting to kick in and its plain to see the states do not have the money to meet their end of the deal.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:09 PM   #12
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

I hear rich people having trouble figuring out what the charitable deduction will be? I can't believe Obama and Congress waited this long lol.

Also I think its funny that Clinton was so awesome but even liberals scared to death to go back to his tax rates.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:18 PM   #13
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
I hear rich people having trouble figuring out what the charitable deduction will be? I can't believe Obama and Congress waited this long lol.

Also I think its funny that Clinton was so awesome but even liberals scared to death to go back to his tax rates.
What libs? Gwb tax cuts need to expire in its entirety. IMO
Old 12-27-2012, 06:36 PM   #14
W*GS
Ring of Famer

The whole thing is stupid - based solely on GOP extremism and servicing Grover.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:50 PM   #15
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
The whole thing is stupid - based solely on GOP extremism and servicing Grover.
Gotta 'respect' the huge brass balls it takes for a party to put in writing a refusal to compromise on fiscal issues (particularly taxes) while at the same time calling the other major party "extreme".
Old 12-27-2012, 07:47 PM   #16
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
Gotta 'respect' the huge brass balls it takes for a party to put in writing a refusal to compromise on fiscal issues (particularly taxes) while at the same time calling the other major party "extreme".
Rigidity in the face of the facts doesn't earn respect - good use of the quote symbol.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:44 PM   #17
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Why would the House pass just that? Where would the future incentive be to make major changes in spending if that's already done?
I like how they conveniently ignore your question.
ant1999e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:18 PM   #18
Cito Pelon
Been there, didn't get it

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
Not at all true. Why do you guys insist on lies all the time?

Hard to get anything done when even the ideas the right _agrees_ with they block just for the sake of blocking. It's childish and absurd, and you're the same if you deny it's going on.

There's finally some GOP leadership that are acting like grown ups, but color me unimpressed.

You know, I do my own taxes: they've done nothing but go down since Obama took office (by almost 3%). Most of the middle and working class has seen a significant tax cut under Obama (mostly due to the FICA tax holiday).

Overall tax rates (as a % of GDP) are at a 60 year low.

But keep drumming the tax scare tactics. There are plenty of folks that will believe you.

No argument there.

And the Saint Ron I'm referring too isn't Paul it's Reagan. You know, the president who raised taxes almost twice a year during his presidency when even he realized that the huge cuts he was part of couldn't be paid for with just money stolen from SS?
You're wasting your time with Meck. You can try to talk logic, compromise, moving forward, dialogue, bi-partisanship, nope he has all the answers, it's his way and everybody else is a dope.

The nope-you're-a-dope method of government. It's always somebody elses fault he's not King of the World.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:04 AM   #19
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant1999e View Post
I like how they conveniently ignore your question.
Gutting the Bush tax cuts above 250K is not something I'm opposed to. I welcome it. It's a major deficit reducer....but it has to be coupled with very, very significant spending cuts, especially in our biggest long term debt drivers (Medicare). While new revenues are needed, we also need to make difficult choices on spending. Spending can't be addressed if you give away the leverage for free.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:22 AM   #20
B-Large

Quote:
I think we should go over the cliff and layoff the president, most of congress, and about 5 million federal workers. These jack asses have us in wars all over the world and they can't even pass a damn budget plan.

These idiots are going to kick the can down the road and raise taxes on everyone. The poor included. This political uncertainty is already having adverse effects on the economy. On a personal level I know of major deals being shelved because people don't even know how much they are going to be taxed!

Bottom line they are creating a disincentive to hire people, take business risk, and quite frankly make more money.
Taxes will go up, but they will be able to pass loophoes and other gimmicks to ease the tax burden on the poor... the wealthly will just out their money elsewhere and avoid taxation on many fronts... its really the middle income earners, 50-150K that get the biggest hit.. not poor enought o qualify for the breaks, not rich enough to hire an accountant to figure it out.

My Aunt just sold her business for 26 years, the collective tax liability on the assets was just a smidge under 50 percent, and her annual income form the business over the years, over 40%. She said she would not do it again considering hours worked and stress undertook.

I say let the cuts take place and let taxes go up. We have been living on the national credit card for a decade and not paying our bills.... the bills Politicians have run up.... its time to pay the tab, and only then in the high tax environment will the true Fiscal Conservatives be taken seriously.... until then, we live on borrow time and money
Old 12-28-2012, 09:25 AM   #21
B-Large

Quote:

Taxes will go up, but they will be able to pass loophoes and other gimmicks to ease the tax burden on the poor... the wealthly will just out their money elsewhere and avoid taxation on many fronts... its really the middle income earners, 50-150K that get the biggest hit.. not poor enought o qualify for the breaks, not rich enough to hire an accountant to figure it out.

My Aunt just sold her business for 26 years, the collective tax liability on the assets was just a smidge under 50 percent, and her annual income form the business over the years, over 40%. She said she would not do it again considering hours worked and stress undertook.

I say let the cuts take place and let taxes go up. We have been living on the national credit card for a decade and not paying our bills.... the bills Politicians have run up.... its time to pay the tab, and only then in the high tax environment will the true Fiscal Conservatives be taken seriously.... until then, we live on borrow time and money
Old 12-28-2012, 09:37 AM   #22
Meck77

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Large View Post
I say let the cuts take place
I'm a big fan of major cuts. Contrary to cito's idea of me I'm also a firm believer in personal responsibility. We all have a little responsibility in this nearly 17 trillion dollar debt. We've allowed our politicians to run wild with our tax dollars. I feel personally responsible for that but I've done what I can on an individual level.

Cito you just have an ax to grind with me because I think your beloved Israel should be cut from the American tax payer tit. 100+ Billion shipped to a wealthy nation while we have millions suffering at home and our own border lies unprotected. It's a tragedy!

Yes we need big cuts. See my first post on this thread. Instead this has been obama's/geithners debt policy the last 4 years.

I am responsible for about 25 bucks of the debt recently. Had breakfast in the White House last week. I did offer to pay for it though. They insisted it was on the house.

Having spent a week in DC meeting with various people it was painfully clear how out of touch our representatives are and this bubble mentality of the people in DC. The recession isn't even understood in DC. The federal dollars have floated around there so freely those aholes have been living high on the hog on your dime.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by Meck77; 12-28-2012 at 09:51 AM..
Old 12-28-2012, 11:27 AM   #23
B-Large

Quote:
I'm a big fan of major cuts. Contrary to cito's idea of me I'm also a firm believer in personal responsibility. We all have a little responsibility in this nearly 17 trillion dollar debt. We've allowed our politicians to run wild with our tax dollars. I feel personally responsible for that but I've done what I can on an individual level.

Cito you just have an ax to grind with me because I think your beloved Israel should be cut from the American tax payer tit. 100+ Billion shipped to a wealthy nation while we have millions suffering at home and our own border lies unprotected. It's a tragedy!

Yes we need big cuts. See my first post on this thread. Instead this has been obama's/geithners debt policy the last 4 years.

I am responsible for about 25 bucks of the debt recently. Had breakfast in the White House last week. I did offer to pay for it though. They insisted it was on the house.

Having spent a week in DC meeting with various people it was painfully clear how out of touch our representatives are and this bubble mentality of the people in DC. The recession isn't even understood in DC. The federal dollars have floated around there so freely those aholes have been living high on the hog on your dime.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
It the result of our elected official being able to run the Government on borrowed money rather than tax receipts.... The Starve the Beast strategy on works if old Beastie Can't Borrow at Exceptional Rates!!

Low taxes are great and all, but not when your Government spends 30% more than it brinks in for nearly a decade..... but somehow most Americans go about their lives...

Agreed, we will need huge means tested changes to our safety net program primary, and probably have to take the Ron Paul stance on Defense.... We will have to get back to the Safety Nets really being program that give our fellow Americans, who are of meager means a dignified end to their lives... but if you can afford to retire nicely and afford private health insurance as you age, you might be forced to go it alone.

We can do it, Americans just have toget over the manufactured notion that people will die in the streets and civilization will turn on its head and people will resort to bunkers... We can have a limited Government, there is just no reason otherwise..
Old 12-28-2012, 06:35 PM   #24
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

defense is only what 4% of gdp? something like that? You can cut defense and not make a dent. Entitlements are where the money is.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:18 PM   #25
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
defense is only what 4% of gdp? something like that? You can cut defense and not make a dent. Entitlements are where the money is.
So, stealing SS and medicare money once wasn't good enough for your warmongering greed? You want to do it twice?