The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2012, 09:41 PM   #76
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncos-rock View Post
Who would you start Moreno/Murray/Charles/Morris? Can only start two. Defense between giants against falcons or Ravens against broncos. What do you think?

Thanks Guys!!
That's a nice set of quad RB's. Your defense matchups this week are bad though.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:44 PM   #77
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
**** Palmer, save the roster spot and go Ryan and be confident about it. FBG has ryan as the 3rd best qb this week where Palmer is ranked 12th. You should feel good about having him as your backup qb.
That is one hell of a backup.

Old 12-11-2012, 09:55 PM   #78
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD4HOF View Post
I'd go w Ryan over Palmer just based on overall rank.

Def agree w Spiller>Moreno>Bush.

I picked up Moreno right away n it saved me last week, started him over Mathews

OK, Brass Tacks:

RB (2) Murray, Moreno, Mathews, Alex Green?

WR (1) Hobbled Nicks, Britt w tough Jets passing D or Antonio Brown?

TE (1) Rudolph, Sheffler or V Davis?

Lotta money riding on this. Ahhh boy.
Murray, Moreno, nicks, tight end, I'd lean to Davis, just because of the matchup.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:58 PM   #79
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
Who would you start Moreno/Murray/Charles/Morris? Can only start two. Defense between giants against falcons or Ravens against broncos. What do you think?

Thanks Guys!!
Charles/Moreno. Drop One of those defenses, and grab Miami, jets, Cleveland, cincy, titans, or Detroit off the waiver wire.

Last edited by spdirty; 12-11-2012 at 10:01 PM..
Old 12-11-2012, 10:53 PM   #80
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Charles/Moreno. Drop One of those defenses, and grab Miami, jets, Cleveland, cincy, titans, or Detroit off the waiver wire.
I'd also wanna know who his WR's are because I would consider flexing a RB. You could easily run any of those backs.

The Skins could lean heavily on Morris or with Cousins starting Cleveland throws everything to stop the run.

I like Murray versus the Steelers since both are battling for playoffs.

Charles could have a wild day versus Oakland.

Moreno will get the touches and could be in for a big game.

Last edited by maven; 12-11-2012 at 10:56 PM..
Old 12-12-2012, 02:01 AM   #81
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Quote:
**** Palmer, save the roster spot and go Ryan and be confident about it. FBG has ryan as the 3rd best qb this week where Palmer is ranked 12th. You should feel good about having him as your backup qb.
Yeah i have decided. Besides he was my starter when i drafted him. I will trust my original thoughts on him and hope he doesnt have one of the stinkers he had a few times late in season this yr.

But what do i do if the reports suddenly say rg3 playing?
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:02 AM   #82
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

I'm going to drop the Jets defense, grab Detroit. The cards look absolutley horrible trying to protect the QB and Skelton isnt that good. I think 3 sacks and a turnover is a minimum expectation.
Old 12-12-2012, 02:07 AM   #83
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Quote:

Thanks Guys!!
Dont start a defense vs Manning. Every once in awhile he takes sacks and throws picks but not very often. I would go with giants but matt ryan might take care of ball well in that one. Work the waiver wire for the jets or the lions if you can and play the matchups vs Titans or Ariz.

RB i would go with Charles and Morris IMO. Charles is an every week starter just because he literally can go 80 yrds on any defense. He wont every week, but he does them in bunches. Morris runs so hard and with rg3 banged up he gets a boatload of work.

I like Moreno and I have to start him because Ryan Mathews just unplayable IMO now. But i worry about Moreno taking a hit and getting his mangina twisted into the hot tub for some rehab.
Old 12-12-2012, 02:09 AM   #84
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

If I can win 2 more games and win this thing it will be at least 1500 bucks.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:43 AM   #85
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
I'm going to drop the Jets defense, grab Detroit. The cards look absolutley horrible trying to protect the QB and Skelton isnt that good. I think 3 sacks and a turnover is a minimum expectation.
Yeah Detroit and Miami look like the top 2 defenses this week.

If RG3 plays go Ryan. Hopefully the Giants put up the points and force the Falcons to throw. It's the playoffs. They have a tough matchup at Cleveland. It's not worth the risk. I have Ryan in all 3 of my leagues so I know how much it sucks when he throws up a stinker. But it's the best safest play for you.

Last edited by spdirty; 12-12-2012 at 07:00 AM..
Old 12-12-2012, 06:58 AM   #86
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Damnit, freaking Gates really screwed me this year. So at tight end I have Gates and Pitta, and can grab Pett, Olsen, Scheff, Tamme, or Dreesen.

I grabbed Pitta, just because we suck against opposing tight ends. But Olsen is starting to look good, has had a solid last couple weeks. Has been getting plenty of targets lately.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:17 AM   #87
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Damnit, freaking Gates really screwed me this year. So at tight end I have Gates and Pitta, and can grab Pett, Olsen, Scheff, Tamme, or Dreesen.

I grabbed Pitta, just because we suck against opposing tight ends. But Olsen is starting to look good, has had a solid last couple weeks. Has been getting plenty of targets lately.
Broncos have allowed just one touchdown in the last four games giving up an average of 34.8 yards per game to TEs.

I picked up Pitta/Schef. Will wait on if Pettigrew is out.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:18 AM   #88
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
If I can win 2 more games and win this thing it will be at least 1500 bucks.
So close I can taste the $$$$$$$$. My opponent has Dez Bryant. Not sure if he's going to play and as of now he's already benched him.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:20 AM   #89
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

I have David wilson on the pine. Wondering if Bradshaw is out will I start him over Spiller. Decisions decisions.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:40 AM   #90
mkporter
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

But what do you think.

Matt Ryan vs the Giants
Carson Palmer vs the Chiefs.
Gotta go Ryan. I've had him all year, and while he's been unreliable recently, he's still a better option.
mkporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:56 AM   #91
TD4HOF
Ring of Famer

He's Better Than MJ!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bowlen’s Legacy

Quote:
Murray, Moreno, nicks, tight end, I'd lean to Davis, just because of the matchup.
Yeah the RBs are rather easy...TEs a crapshoot...am very wary of Nicks..reports out of NY saying he's really hurting. Got a gut feeling about Antonio Brown but it'll suck if Nicks does better from the bench.
TD4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:57 AM   #92
TD4HOF
Ring of Famer

He's Better Than MJ!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bowlen’s Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
I have David wilson on the pine. Wondering if Bradshaw is out will I start him over Spiller. Decisions decisions.
Isn't F Jackson hurt? Spiller is the pick...defenses will be more ready for Wilson now.
TD4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:02 PM   #93
spiralism

Right, I'm in my fantasy league semi as top seed and have Garcon, Jennings, Decker, Austin and Colston as WRs available.. What two do i go with? Using Moreno as Flex so i'm just picking two as imo my WR stable is a serious flaw - it's pretty crap in all fairness.

Rest of team is Newton at QB, Rice and Charles RBs, Gonzalez TE, Prater K and Broncos DEF, im fairly happy with the rest of the lineup but in a real pickle as to who i go with at WR
Old 12-12-2012, 12:36 PM   #94
Mountain Bronco
Ring of Famer

All of your WR are all solid, but inconsistent. Garcon has been good lately though, but with RGIII uncertain he is a tough play. Decker is inconsistent as well as of late, not getting in the endzone. Austin and Colston are also both hit or miss and on teams with lots of WR, but Austin could have upside now.
Mountain Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:52 PM   #95
spiralism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Bronco View Post
All of your WR are all solid, but inconsistent. Garcon has been good lately though, but with RGIII uncertain he is a tough play. Decker is inconsistent as well as of late, not getting in the endzone. Austin and Colston are also both hit or miss and on teams with lots of WR, but Austin could have upside now.
Im leaning Austin/Colston for that reason. Hoping Colston sees targets against TB's garbage pass defence but the others im not sure of at all. Jennings has been a total bust for me and has done little other than repeatedly piss me off. I know well im going to bench the **** against Chicago though and he'll come up with 140 yds and 2 TDs. Decker has done the square root of **** all since about week ten now. Garcon was looking good til RG3 got hurt, now i don't trust him with Cousins possibly throwing to him and Haden on shutdown duty. Austin is very risky against that Steelers D too though. Ugh. Not only that but my friend who was one spot above me in waiver priority picked up Danario Alexander for his 5th place playoff semifinal. FML
Old 12-12-2012, 01:54 PM   #96
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Quote:

I played Meyers thinking the same thing last week. Then Oak left TE in to block on 21 pass plays lol. Oh well. How is Balt at protecting the strong side? Will Pitta have to block all day? maybe teams are giving up the TE to save the QB? broncos may not be a feast for TE anymore.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:59 PM   #97
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
So close I can taste the $$$$$$$$. My opponent has Dez Bryant. Not sure if he's going to play and as of now he's already benched him.
The teams in my league really strong because its a 3 player keeper. Same 12 guys going on 15 yrs now. The league is 20 yrs old. I take that back there have been about 3-4 new guys come in over the last 15 since i joined, but they have to take over the existing franchise, so really the keeper aspect never changes.

I am worried because my opponent this week has Brady, but hes going against san fran so maybe he gets slowed down.

Also he has Foster, but he is finally losing carried to tate and IMO they are sort of saving him for playoffs. I bet foster only gets 18-20 carries.

I have a good chance but my main guys are Marshall and Calvin Johnson, jammal Charles. i will have to have big games from them again to win. They have been great most of the yr but i am worried about Cutler being dinged.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:08 PM   #98
phibacka31
Ring of Famer

Leggo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Here's the situation...

I've got: Decker, Nicks, Torrey smith and could pick up Denario Alexander if i chose to. Which two? I've got ray rice and Martin at RB, Brady at QB, Myers at TE, Denver D, Justin Tucker K
phibacka31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:00 PM   #99
Aftermath
Creep

Broncos | Flyers | Tigers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker

need advice: 12 team PPR
QB - Luck or Kaepernick
RB - good here, got Lynch and Rice
WR - which 4 - DT/Fitzgerald/Nicks/Jennings/Harvin/D.Alexander/Givens
TE - Im good here got Gresham if hes healthy

so basically what QB and what 4 WRs
Aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:00 PM   #100
Aftermath
Creep

Broncos | Flyers | Tigers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by phibacka31 View Post
Here's the situation...

I've got: Decker, Nicks, Torrey smith and could pick up Denario Alexander if i chose to. Which two? I've got ray rice and Martin at RB, Brady at QB, Myers at TE, Denver D, Justin Tucker K
I like Alexander alot, more than Smith. But thats just me.
Aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote