The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: When should Brock throw his first Regular Season Pass
Hell, let him get some work in the closing moments of the Ravens game. 6 7.14%
If the seeding has already been set, Let him play the second half of the Chiefs Game. 42 50.00%
Once Manning officially hands him the ball and rides off into retirement. 26 30.95%
Never, Hopefully Elway and Co. realize their mistake and draft another QB. 10 11.90%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-12-2012, 09:03 AM   #1
v2micca
Ring of Famer

Richard III was a field guide.

Default When is the first time you want to see Osweiler Throwing Passes in a Regular Season Game

Poll Incoming
v2micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2012, 09:12 AM   #2
jmz313
Ring of Famer

When we don't need Manning on the field.
jmz313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:19 AM   #3
Pick Six
Armchair Poster

I could go for the starters, including Manning, sitting out the second half of the Chiefs game...
Pick Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:05 AM   #4
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

ASAP in any game where the outcome has been settled because 1) we don't need Manning getting hurt and 2) this kid's our backup so we ought to be concerned about giving him time if it's possible. I'm actually looking foward to see if he's as bright as they say and if he's learned fom PM by this point. I think we might have something here once he's had time to marinate.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:50 AM   #5
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
ASAP in any game where the outcome has been settled because 1) we don't need Manning getting hurt and 2) this kid's our backup so we ought to be concerned about giving him time if it's possible. I'm actually looking foward to see if he's as bright as they say and if he's learned fom PM by this point. I think we might have something here once he's had time to marinate.
He does have a ****load of raw potential. Would be great to have a situation like Green Bay did, go from a legend to a young guy who comes in and the team keeps rolling on
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:58 AM   #6
Smiling Assassin27
Helmet Tester

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Hemanuel Sandrs

After they pry the ball from PM's cold, dead hand, throw the guy into the deep end and have him hand it off to Adrian Peterson, throw it to DT, Decker, and Andre Johnson.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:02 AM   #7
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:02 AM   #8
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Once the seeding has been set (probably the week before the Chefs game), I think you give Brock the bulk of the work in that game. Honestly, it would be a really good team for him to cut his teeth on. They have a couple of good pass rushers in their front seven, but their secondary has been crap (which would force him to go through progressions and make reads.)
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:04 AM   #9
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
He does have a ****load of raw potential. Would be great to have a situation like Green Bay did, go from a legend to a young guy who comes in and the team keeps rolling on
He's big, more mobile than you'd expect from a 6'8" guy and has a live arm and reportedly a very high football IQ so I'm unclear why some people don't like the kid.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:08 AM   #10
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
He's big, more mobile than you'd expect from a 6'8" guy and has a live arm and reportedly a very high football IQ so I'm unclear why some people don't like the kid.
Welcome back Footsteps, where ya been?

I don't think it's a case of not liking the kid. The people griping about him is more about the use of a second round pick on a QB project when we are in a win now mode. Personally I agree with the pick.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:25 AM   #11
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Welcome back Footsteps, where ya been?

I don't think it's a case of not liking the kid. The people griping about him is more about the use of a second round pick on a QB project when we are in a win now mode. Personally I agree with the pick.
A 2nd round pick backing up a guy with 4 neck surgeries doesn't seem like a bad idea whe the alternative was Caleb Haney...Nick Foles just supplanted Vick as the starter, and I bet Eagle fans are glad they got him even though they went into the season expecting much better things. Manning can't go forever and I don't see the wisdom of waiting till you need a QB to force a high pick....best time to draft a young QB is 1) when you don't need him, and 2) when he can sit behind an established starter, especially one like Manning that he can learn from. How much better will the next QB be for having sat behinnd a HOFer? See Rivers and Rogers for the answer.

I've been saving the world of course.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:42 AM   #12
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
I think it has more to do with fans wanting Lavonte David or a contributor in the 2nd round instead of a QB a few years away from starting.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:42 AM   #13
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
A 2nd round pick backing up a guy with 4 neck surgeries doesn't seem like a bad idea whe the alternative was Caleb Haney...Nick Foles just supplanted Vick as the starter, and I bet Eagle fans are glad they got him even though they went into the season expecting much better things. Manning can't go forever and I don't see the wisdom of waiting till you need a QB to force a high pick....best time to draft a young QB is 1) when you don't need him, and 2) when he can sit behind an established starter, especially one like Manning that he can learn from. How much better will the next QB be for having sat behinnd a HOFer? See Rivers and Rogers for the answer.

I've been saving the world of course.
So you're taking a little vacation before it all ends?
Old 12-12-2012, 11:44 AM   #14
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

BTW I just noticed your adopted Bronco. You better work on saving Joe mays before you tackle the world.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:50 AM   #15
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
So you're taking a little vacation before it all ends?
No I've only got 9 days so I'm working overtime.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:53 AM   #16
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
No I've only got 9 days so I'm working overtime.
Well you can cut your work load if you let Texas go.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:55 AM   #17
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Some wanted a defensive player instead....others still butthurt about that other guy....and others wanted someone else for QBOTF. Take your pick.....
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:00 PM   #18
v2micca
Ring of Famer

Richard III was a field guide.

Quote:
I can't speak for others, but I'm always wary of a player that tattoos a yearbook quote on his arm.......and spells it wrong.

Maybe this makes me shallow and superficial, but I would honestly feel a lot better about him if he would just get a dermatologist to correct the spelling.

Last edited by v2micca; 12-12-2012 at 12:03 PM..
v2micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:21 PM   #19
IA-Broncosfan53
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Bad pick to begin with. Started one freaking season on a team that had a losing record! This draft as we all knew and is now manifesting itself was loaded with qb talent, and who did the Broncos draft? A family friend, the best friend of John's son.

I hope I am proven wrong, but I hated the pick then (I wanted Foles, a much more proven player) and I hate it now. Brock should have stayed in school to continue to develop his "raw" talent as all the experts have claimed of him. He would have gained valuable experience, you know since he started all of 14-15 games in his entire college career? Not to mention, he was racking up these statistics in a watered down PAC 10 conference.
IA-Broncosfan53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:30 PM   #20
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by IA-Broncosfan53 View Post
who did the Broncos draft? A family friend, the best friend of John's son.
And here is why people hate the guy. They hate him because they have the moronic idea that he was drafted because of his friendship with Jack Elway.

Brock may end up being a bad pick, who knows. I'm not claiming him to be the next big thing. But I think John Elway, between the Manning signing, the Tebow trade, getting Koppen, getting Holliday, etc. has earned a lot of trust from Bronco fans. I think he should be given some slack. The idea that he put his personal relationships before this team's is so ridiculous it's insane.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:42 PM   #21
Mountain Bronco
Ring of Famer

The entire chiefs game if seeding is set and we are 3rd or 4th, unless Manning says he wants to work out some kinks, then 2nd half.
Mountain Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:43 PM   #22
Mountain Bronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IA-Broncosfan53 View Post
Bad pick to begin with. Started one freaking season on a team that had a losing record! This draft as we all knew and is now manifesting itself was loaded with qb talent, and who did the Broncos draft? A family friend, the best friend of John's son.

I hope I am proven wrong, but I hated the pick then (I wanted Foles, a much more proven player) and I hate it now. Brock should have stayed in school to continue to develop his "raw" talent as all the experts have claimed of him. He would have gained valuable experience, you know since he started all of 14-15 games in his entire college career? Not to mention, he was racking up these statistics in a watered down PAC 10 conference.
He is learning far more from being around and watching PFM than he would have at Arizona freaking State.
Mountain Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:57 PM   #23
IA-Broncosfan53
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Bronco View Post
He is learning far more from being around and watching PFM than he would have at Arizona freaking State.
That may well be true, obviously I hope it is. But you could have picked anyone to study underneath Manning, and just because he is doing so under Manning doesn't guarantee to translate to anything. He also cost himself millions of dollars but not staying and coming out with a weaker qb class. Only time will tell if he made the correct decision to leave early.

However there is no substitute for experience, not even knowledge.

I trust John. I have been on board since day one with him given the success former players seem to be having across the league in similar positions, such as the team the Broncos play this week with Ozzie Newsome. But it's human nature to gravitate towards and have stronger positive connections to things/people we are already familiar with. If you don't think the decision to draft Osweiler wasn't impacted by a personal familiar relationship even in Elway's most subconscious levels, you are fooling yourself. Perhaps the decision wasn't entirely predicated (I can't possibly imagine it was) on their relationship, but without question to me the thoughts of his son were somewhere in his mind when he drafted Brock.
IA-Broncosfan53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:23 PM   #24
Rolandftw

If the seeding is set going into the last week, then hoping Manning just plays a series or two and then goes to Brock.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:36 PM   #25
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

I can't wait for him to blow up and have the media tripping over themselves to revisit this epic QB class.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote