The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2012, 07:07 AM   #1
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis
Default Wesley Woodyard Appreciation Thread

First of all, this guy's nickname needs to be "Captain" Woodyard:

5-time Broncos captain (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012)
4-time University of Kentucky captain (2004, 2005, 2006, 2007)
1-time LaGrange High School (Georgia) captain (2003)

Second of all, I wish I had a daughter so she could marry him:

Woodyard Hosts Toy Drive

DENVER -- Monday evening marked the third annual 16Ways Foundationís Toy Drive.

The event has steadily grown and improved each year, said its host, linebacker Wesley Woodyard.
"Itís been pretty successful," Woodyard said. "The first year we threw it together in two weeks. The next year we threw it together in two or three months and this year we had a longer time. So it grows every year. The community comes out and supports in amazing ways."

One indication of the projectís importance was the presence of Denver Mayor Michael Hancock, who said he is impressed by the role that Woodyard plays in the community.

"This is awesome," Hancock said. "Because of Wesley Woodyard and his foundationís work, many kids are going to wake up Christmas morning with gifts that they otherwise would not have had. Iím grateful as the mayor of the city and as someone who lives in the city that someone like Wesley would step up and say, ĎLetís take care of those kids who are less fortunate.í"

Monday eveningís drive collected hundreds of toys brought to a dinner held at the Downtown Aquarium. Guests were able to meet Woodyard and a number of his teammates, take pictures with Santa Claus as well as cheerleaders Kara and Lauren, participate in a silent auction and tour the aquarium. It was all put on by Woodyardís 16Ways Foundation, which reaches out to underprivileged children in the Denver community.

"Itís something that me and my family have been doing for a long time now," Woodyard said. "Basically we give back to the community and try to uplift our community. This is what itís all about, giving back. My 16Ways, we reach out to at-risk kids and we help out families in the community."

Woodyard said the event highlights what he considers to be the most important aspect of the holiday season.

"Itís extremely important," Woodyard said. "Itís something that Iíve been doing for a long time, giving back. This time of the year, itís always about kids. Itís always about other people than yourself. Itís the season of giving and itís definitely something that we call on the community of Denver to show up and bless the community."

The toys included footballs, basketballs, baseballs, toy cars, dolls, board games, Legos, Spiderman masks, Transformers toys, other action figures and erasers. All of the gifts will be distributed to foster children from the Department of Human Services and The Tennyson Center. Even more than the process of collecting the toys, itís the act of putting them in the hands of needy children that Woodyard enjoys the most.
"Itís not even tonight that makes it go," Woodyard said. "Itís the day after that, when I get the chance to take the toys to the actual Tennyson Center and see the kidsí faces. When you experience something like that, it changes your life completely and itís just something that I love doing."

In addition to the participants and the toys that surrounded a Christmas tree in the corner of the room, the event attracted a number of Woodyardís teammates, including defensive ends Derek Wolfe and Malik Jackson, defensive tackle Sealver Siliga, safeties Mike Adams and David Bruton, running back Knowshon Moreno and cornerback Tony Carter.

The crowd of teammates who joined Woodyard showed the impact that the linebackerís commitment to the community has on his peers.

"Heís a true man of his word," Carter said. "The things he does, he doesnít do it for just show or anything like that. He does it because he cares from his heart. Heís definitely inspired me and Iím sure he inspires a lot of other guys to go out and do more. Thatís where your blessings are coming from."

Woodyardís organization of the toy drive was merely the latest example of his extensive work in the community. The winner of the Broncosí Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year in both 2010 and 2011, Woodyardís efforts have impressed Hancock as much as anyone in the Denver locker room. Woodyard and Hancock also recently teamed up at a photo shoot for Denverís Road Home program, which assists the homeless.

"Weíre here tonight, dealing with getting children in our community who are challenged gifts for the holiday season," Hancock said. "This guyís all over the place giving back. Heís not asking anything in return. He would rather diminish his role and his celebrity in order to make sure people that recognize itís about the kids first. Iím proud and excited. This is why the Broncos do what they do as far as picking men who play for the team who have high character.

Additional kudos to the gentlemen highlighted in red -- they didn't have to spend their night at a charity benefit, but they did. Proud of each and every one of these young men!
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2012, 07:30 AM   #2
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Has been a favorite of mine since the first time I saw him. An overachiever. Glad he has had the chance to show the coaches just how much hard work overcomes.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:57 AM   #3
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Way to be Wesley!
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:00 AM   #4
Greatspirits
Perennial Pro-bowler

"Little Von!"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trev

Class act all the way!
Greatspirits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:35 PM   #5
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

Only three posts on the WW appreciation thread?

Ungrateful bastards.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:40 PM   #6
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Gamer
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:46 PM   #7
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho

UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:06 AM   #8
DenverBound
Perennial Pro-bowler

CotY

The epitome of a great man. We should all strive to be even a 1/4 of the man this guy is. I'm proud to be a Broncos fan.
DenverBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:43 AM   #9
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

He's a class guy, and a good athlete to have on the team. That said, he's not yet a "fan favorite." Those are forged in the playoffs. This team is about to get the sort of baptism by fire that turns Broncos fans rabid. I can't wait for the playoffs.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:06 AM   #10
Punisher
ģ Punisher Vs Judge Dredd

Who ya Got? ģ

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowlenBall View Post
Only three posts on the WW appreciation thread?

Ungrateful bastards.
I'll be the 10th if that means anything
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:42 AM   #11
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
Wolverine scratching his ass was the best part.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:46 AM   #12
socalorado
Ring of Famer

<
socalorado is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:54 AM   #13
sinuous sausage

me likey how he often goes gloveless. just an old-school badass
Old 12-12-2012, 07:10 AM   #14
Kaylore
Greatest owner in Denver

6 AFCC's 2 SB's!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

But how many DUI's does he have? Not impressed...
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:15 AM   #15
SeedReaver
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
First of all, this guy's nickname needs to be "Captain" Woodyard:

5-time Broncos captain (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012)
4-time University of Kentucky captain (2004, 2005, 2006, 2007)
1-time LaGrange High School (Georgia) captain (2003)

Second of all, I wish I had a daughter so she could marry him:
And with that, I respond with this:

Wesley Woodyard is not so Perfect
SeedReaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:20 AM   #16
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeedReaver View Post

^ Smart money is on "DJ Williams wrote that post"
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:29 AM   #17
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

Quote:

That link is blocked by the UAE's internet filters.

Apparently, talking **** about Wesley Woodyard is against Islamic values.

As it should be....
Old 12-12-2012, 07:41 AM   #18
SeedReaver
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
Hi Nik, Westley Woodyard is #52 in the Denver Broncos team. I met him months ago and he told me he wasnít seeing anyone and that he was a single man. He completely made it seem like he was the most perfect, honest, and respectful man. Since then, weíve had a casual relationship; heís taken me out multiple times and is very generous with his money. He always takes me shopping! He LOVES his women in Christian Louboutinís and Versace Dresses. Completely oblivious to his cheating ways, I fell for all the excuses. That is, UNTIL I FOUND OUT HE IS ENGAGED TO AN OLDER LADY!!!!! Iím here today because I cannot let him get away with this. He is living a double life and he isnít all he projects himself to be. Although he seems like the perfect man, there is one HUGE problem! He suffers from Premature Ejaculation. Premature Ejaculation simply means he ejaculates within the first 5 minutes of Sex. If that isnít bad enough he ALSO suffers from Refractory Period which simply means he canít EVER get another erection after sex which sucks because sex with him only lasts 5 minutes EVERY time. This man needs to learn how to increase his sexual stamina; he is like a 60 year old man!!! Which most definitely explains why heís engaged to an older lady. Ladies watch out, donít believe his eyes! He is ENGAGED!
Here ya go. Btw, I'm a huge fan of Woodyard. It cracks me up that his premature ejaculation is a bigger issue than the fact he's engaged.
SeedReaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:45 AM   #19
Kaylore
Greatest owner in Denver

6 AFCC's 2 SB's!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
That link is blocked by the UAE's internet filters.

Apparently, talking **** about Wesley Woodyard is against Islamic values.

As it should be....
I work for a Catholic group and it is blocked at work as well. Apparently speaking ill of Woodyard and his dong issues is a sin in two different religions.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:58 AM   #20
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I work for a Catholic group and it is blocked at work as well. Apparently speaking ill of Woodyard and his dong issues is a sin in two different religions.
You're working for a Catholic group and are a Mormon. Did Belichick or Joseph Smith send you there?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:00 AM   #21
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

So is Woodard buying dresses for a fish?

baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:06 AM   #22
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

Quote:
Here ya go. Btw, I'm a huge fan of Woodyard. It cracks me up that his premature ejaculation is a bigger issue than the fact he's engaged.
Hi Nik, Westley Woodyard is #52 in the Denver Broncos team. I met him months ago and he told me he wasnít seeing anyone and that he was a single man. He completely made it seem like he was the most perfect, honest, and respectful man. Since then, weíve had a casual relationship; heís taken me out multiple times and is very generous with his money. He always takes me shopping! He LOVES his women in Christian Louboutinís and Versace Dresses. Completely oblivious to his cheating ways, I fell for all the excuses. That is, UNTIL I FOUND OUT HE IS ENGAGED TO AN OLDER LADY!!!!! Iím here today because I cannot let him get away with this. He is living a double life and he isnít all he projects himself to be. Although he seems like the perfect man, there is one HUGE problem! He suffers from Premature Ejaculation. Premature Ejaculation simply means he ejaculates within the first 5 minutes of Sex. If that isnít bad enough he ALSO suffers from Refractory Period which simply means he canít EVER get another erection after sex which sucks because sex with him only lasts 5 minutes EVERY time. This man needs to learn how to increase his sexual stamina; he is like a 60 year old man!!! Which most definitely explains why heís engaged to an older lady. Ladies watch out, donít believe his eyes! He is ENGAGED!

If you look closely, that post is about WESTLEY Woodyard , not Wesley Woodyard.

Last edited by BowlenBall; 12-12-2012 at 08:08 AM..
Old 12-12-2012, 08:48 AM   #23
HILife
Ring of Famer

Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Good stuff!
HILife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:54 AM   #24
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Ew older women. Unless you have an older woman, in which case I suppose it looks good on you...
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:23 AM   #25
Kaylore
Greatest owner in Denver

6 AFCC's 2 SB's!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
If you look closely, that post is about WESTLEY Woodyard , not Wesley Woodyard.

You know that same dude was telling me he was the Dread Pirate Roberts. Clearly has issues...