The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2012, 09:17 AM   #51
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
Actually the game was that close.

But I guess all the garbage time wins have people confused.
the broncos lost by 10 after falling behind 31-7....it wasn't close at all

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=321007017
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:20 AM   #52
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBroncos View Post
I agree with you that NE will win out and Houston will lose 1...but then if we lose a game (balt) we would still be in line to face NE in the second round.

Again, I think we can beat anyone. I'm just annoyed that we can go 13-3 and be top 3 in offense and defense and have good special teams and not even get a bye much less home field throughout
No we wouldn't.....not if Baltimore loses another game....which I think they will. Even if we lose to Baltimore, we will still finish ahead of them if they drop another game.....to either the Giants or Cincy.

Therefore, we'd get the 3-seed, and couldn't possibly play NE in the second round.....since they'd be the 1-seed.
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:31 AM   #53
Pick Six
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post

Statistically, it WAS close. What made the difference was the 3 turnovers...
Pick Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:33 AM   #54
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55CrushEm View Post
No we wouldn't.....not if Baltimore loses another game....which I think they will. Even if we lose to Baltimore, we will still finish ahead of them if they drop another game.....to either the Giants or Cincy.

Therefore, we'd get the 3-seed, and couldn't possibly play NE in the second round.....since they'd be the 1-seed.
You're right. So the worst scenario we need to avoid is:

Lose to baltimore and finish 12-4

Baltimore loses another game and finishes 11-5

NE wins out and gets a bye

Houston goes 3-0 and gets the # 1 seed
LetsGoBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:39 AM   #55
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
Actually I'd rather go to Foxboro in Div round vs AFCCG. Seems like most of the top seed upsets happen after bye week.
This.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:07 PM   #56
Broncomutt
Looking for

the Sunflower Samurai

3rd and 8 at DEN 17 (Shotgun) T.Brady pass short middle to B.Lloyd to DEN 8 for 9 yards (C.Bailey).

3rd and 10 at NE 20 (Shotgun) T.Brady pass short right to W.Welker to NE 34 for 14 yards (R.Moore; C.Harris).

3rd and 14 at NE 11 (No Huddle, Shotgun) T.Brady pass short right to D.Woodhead to NE 36 for 25 yards (M.Adams; J.Mays).

3rd and 17 at NE 43 D.Woodhead left end to DEN 38 for 19 yards (C.Harris).

It was more than just turnovers, our defense refused to leave the field while they built that 31-7 lead. Saying we are as good as them because we made it close is the same as saying Tampa is as good as us because they made it close.

We didn't start shutting them down until the 4th quarter. Apparently we need a full half to overcome a 24 point deficit.
Broncomutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:27 PM   #57
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncomutt View Post
3rd and 8 at DEN 17 (Shotgun) T.Brady pass short middle to B.Lloyd to DEN 8 for 9 yards (C.Bailey).

3rd and 10 at NE 20 (Shotgun) T.Brady pass short right to W.Welker to NE 34 for 14 yards (R.Moore; C.Harris).

3rd and 14 at NE 11 (No Huddle, Shotgun) T.Brady pass short right to D.Woodhead to NE 36 for 25 yards (M.Adams; J.Mays).

3rd and 17 at NE 43 D.Woodhead left end to DEN 38 for 19 yards (C.Harris).

It was more than just turnovers, our defense refused to leave the field while they built that 31-7 lead. Saying we are as good as them because we made it close is the same as saying Tampa is as good as us because they made it close.

We didn't start shutting them down until the 4th quarter. Apparently we need a full half to overcome a 24 point deficit.
That was also when Joe Mays was starting. Lots has changed since then for the better
Old 12-11-2012, 06:48 PM   #58
Agamemnon

I don't care honestly. If we deserve to win it all we'll get it done however we have to.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:52 PM   #59
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

I agree with Let's Go Broncos. The defense we had for that first game in no way resembles what we have now. We knew the team needed time to gel and we have done that in spades. We also will be ready for that super fast no huddle this time around. JDR has got this.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:25 PM   #60
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
I've accepted we aren't getting the bye. NE isn't losing and Houston won't lose 2/3.

Time to start getting ready for Pittsburgh in the wild card round. Not much of a reward for going 13-3. Irritating
Which is why we will use week 17 as out bye or at least rest our starters in the 2nd half.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:30 PM   #61
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:

3 turnovers to their one and we lose by 10. There isn't a reason we can't beat them if we take care of the ball.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:55 PM   #62
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Failure an Option for this team

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgbfan View Post
Yeah, but 2 healthy TE's and home field advantage will be tough.
Joe Mays is riding the pine and we have DJ back. Not as worried as I would have been with Mays playing.

We need to be the ones to beat down NE and that punk mCd. I like our chances where ever we play.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:21 PM   #63
Broncomutt
Looking for

the Sunflower Samurai

Quote:
That was also when Joe Mays was starting. Lots has changed since then for the better

I agree.

Loved seeing Mays looking like a lost puppy on the bench against SD. A loser is a loser. Weakness deserves to get benched. Don't like injuries, but I sure didn't cry when I heard he was out for season.

But, blame that loss 100% on Mays if you want. He deserves a ton of the blame. But if you think it was a single player that lost that game, prepare yourself for a new excuse.

That was a team loss.

Hope we can forge a better team effort next time and not just blame 1 guy.

Hope he gets well soon...for another team.

Last edited by Broncomutt; 12-11-2012 at 09:23 PM..
Broncomutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:25 PM   #64
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Wonder if McGahee will be back?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:38 PM   #65
No1BroncoFan
Old School

If you have to ask, you don't know

Quote:
I've accepted we aren't getting the bye. NE isn't losing and Houston won't lose 2/3.

Time to start getting ready for Pittsburgh in the wild card round. Not much of a reward for going 13-3. Irritating
It's better than '85 going 11-5 and missing the playoffs while some scrub from the pathetic AFC central hosts a home game at 9-7.
No1BroncoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:58 AM   #66
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Joe Mays is riding the pine and we have DJ back. Not as worried as I would have been with Mays playing.

We need to be the ones to beat down NE and that punk mCd. I like our chances where ever we play.
Yep DJ your savior. Ahahahahaha

Someone else mentioned losing by ten after being down by 21. Do you really think NE did not go into cruise control after building that lead?

Do you really think had it been closer they would not have just kept the foot to the floorboard?

If so your a fool.

So many folks with short memories of what they did to a fox team in the playoffs last year. I know we have made changes but so have they.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:20 AM   #67
sinuous sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
I agree with Let's Go Broncos. The defense we had for that first game in no way resembles what we have now. We knew the team needed time to gel and we have done that in spades. We also will be ready for that super fast no huddle this time around. JDR has got this.
the defense played well enough to win, IMO. the blame chiefly lies with the three TOs and general insouciance of the offense for the majority of the game. there were four long scoring drives from NE that resulted in 24 points, all of which involved a 3rd-and-long conversion, some more maddening than others:

3rd and 8 on first TD drive (Brady to Lloyd for nine yards)
3rd and 10 on second TD drive (Brady to Welker for 14 yards)
3rd and 14 on drive resulting in FG (Brady to Woodhead for 25 yards)
3rd and 17 to get to 24 points (Brady to Woodhead for 19 yards)

The last TD came off a PFM fumble inside the Denver 20.

NE had no business converting those 3rd-and-10+. Both of those conversions were to Woodhead, so there's a certain LB we all have in mind who was probably the responsible party. Take those 10 points off the board, as well as the gift of a TO inside the Denver red zone, and NE could have plausibly been held to ~2TD. Denver scored 21 without really catching any kind of stride, and while committing two turnovers past the Manning fumble. The DT one to open the game was brutal.

I think you're right when you allude to personnel between then and now. Sub out one man and it's possible this was a different ballgame, despite the stalled offensive effort from the Bronx.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:41 AM   #68
ol#7

Just keep winning and let the chips fall where they may. If in week 17 we are locked into a 3 or 4, then you take your 'bye' week then. Too many variables with what might happen with the rest of the AFC to worry about it, and each team is only 1 injury away from the landscape changing anyway.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:10 AM   #69
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Yup, people like to sugarcoat that loss to make themselves feel better but we got blown out. Just not a good matchup for us.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:11 AM   #70
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
New England is going to lose to San Fran.
Hope you're right. But I just don't see the Pats losing a December game to Kaepernick in Foxboro.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:29 AM   #71
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Hope you're right. But I just don't see the Pats losing a December game to Kaepernick in Foxboro.
Not happening
Old 12-12-2012, 10:41 AM   #72
Pick Six
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Not happening
As always, the San Francisco defense HAS to step up. NE wasn't going to be afraid of Alex Smith, either. San Francisco is a rare case where the quarterback doesn't really make a difference...
Pick Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:16 AM   #73
sinuous sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic View Post
As always, the San Francisco defense HAS to step up. NE wasn't going to be afraid of Alex Smith, either. San Francisco is a rare case where the quarterback doesn't really make a difference...
SF and Seattle are reflections of each other, albeit in a dirty mirror. Kinda like one you'd find if you drunkenly stumbled into a strip club's dressing room: you're immersed in darkness and bleary-eyed and blinking through the boob glitter you've accumulated on your eyelashes over the night's events. Anyway:

SF is 13th in scoring. Seattle is 15th.
SF is 2nd in rushing offense. Seattle is 4th.

Both have young, dynamic QBs and lean on their respective defenses, who are #1 overall for SF and #2 overall for Seattle.

Two of NE's losses this season have come against the NFCW.

I think SF can help a brotha out. They'd better, considering the fact they gave us Pelosi.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:37 AM   #74
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Wonder if McGahee will be back?
McGahee is not allowed to play until the AFCCG, per NFL rules regarding temporary IR.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:55 AM   #75
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinuous sausage View Post
...I think SF can help a brotha out...
Good post. Yes, perhaps SF's D can make it a game. I just fear they won't have enough O to get it done.