The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2012, 07:06 PM   #1
Bacchus

Default Ravens class act

Terrell Suggs' girlfriend claims he punched her in neck

By Dan Hanzus
Around the League Writer

We now have more details about the domestic case that prompted Baltimore Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs to surrender his gun collection to authorities. It's not pretty.

According to the domestic complaint obtained Friday by The Baltimore Sun, Suggs' longtime girlfriend, Candace Williams, claimed the All-Pro punched her in the neck and dragged her alongside a speeding car with their two children in the vehicle. The woman said she suffered "severe road rash" as a result of the incident.

As is standard protocol in the wake of a complaint of this nature, Suggs was ordered to turn over any firearms in his possession. The Sun reported he turned over seven guns. WBAL-TV reported Suggs surrendered nine.

In December 2009, Williams alleged Suggs held her down on the floor, poured bleach on her and their son and kicked her in the face, breaking her nose, according to The Sun. Williams also claimed physical abuse dating to the start of their relationship in 2007.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...ed-her-in-neck
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2012, 07:07 PM   #2
Bacchus

Maybe they can bring back Jamal Lewis back to council him along with Ray Ray.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:11 PM   #3
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Women beaters are chumps. nothing more
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:14 PM   #4
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Brandon Marshall just demanded to be traded to the ratbirds.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:15 PM   #5
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Surprised the ugly ****er has a GF......money blinds them I guess.
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:22 PM   #6
KipCorrington25
Free Safety

She's not a gold digger I'm sure...
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:23 PM   #7
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

When you come back from an injury like his, as fast as he did, punching people is one if the side effects of the medication.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:43 PM   #8
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by KipCorrington25 View Post
She's not a gold digger I'm sure...
Gold digger or not she has his child and he supposedly poured bleach on her and his child along with punching her.... allegedly.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:52 PM   #9
Rocket 7
Formerly known as Dipso

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Smith 70

Spider taught Suggs how to throat punch. It's his fault.
Rocket 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:57 PM   #10
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer

I fondly remeber Suggs thanking his mom for not aborting him when accepting the defensive player of the year award (anti Tebow joke).
Wes Mantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:27 PM   #11
Punisher
ŪThe Ghost of Orton still

Hunts Dove Valley and he's drunkŪ

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

A man that beats a women is a stupid man because he can't explain himself, or coop with a argument.
Punisher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:39 PM   #12
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

i'm sorry, i hate women beaters with a passion.
but at some point it's all on the woman for letting them continue to do it.
there is too much information out there and too many ways to get help to allow that type of stuff to continue, especially when you bring kids into the equation.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:03 PM   #13
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
there is too much information out there and too many ways to get help to allow that type of stuff to continue, especially when you bring kids into the equation.
Information? What information? That he's hitting her? She knows that. She doesn't allow him to continue, she truly thinks it will stop. The makeup period is the best and that's what sticks with her. Low self esteem feeds her need to change him. Plus the fear often stops women from leaving because a very larger number are killed by their abuser after they leave. It becomes a very brain washing situation. I learned some of this after working with domestic violence victims. BUT I still do not understand, nor do I have sympathy for the women who allow their children to be abused as well. A mother should do whatever to protect their children.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:28 PM   #14
Bacchus

Quote:
there is too much information out there and too many ways to get help to allow that type of stuff to continue, especially when you bring kids into the equation
That is a pretty ignorant post there. Google battered women and learn the psychology behind it. The power, the intimidation that men get from this. If a man beats up his woman and pours bleach on her and his child while they are laying on the floor it is not out of the realm of possibility that if she leaves he could beat her worse or kill her.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:31 PM   #15
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

You guys might be interested in a product I recently thought of, it's called a jump to conclusions mat. See... there's conclusions on it, that you can jump to.
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:31 PM   #16
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos_OTM View Post
Women beaters are chumps. nothing more
As much as I agree with this statement. I find it hard to feel sorry for a woman who has been beat on numerous times but doesn't smarten up and leave. She has his kid. Get smart and take off and file suit for alimony and child support

I agree men who hit women are pussies, but women who stay and take the abuse are stupid and don't deserve sympathy. I have no tolerance for stupidity.

Last edited by BroncoMan4ever; 12-07-2012 at 10:33 PM..
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:32 PM   #17
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
Information? What information? That he's hitting her? She knows that. She doesn't allow him to continue, she truly thinks it will stop. The makeup period is the best and that's what sticks with her. Low self esteem feeds her need to change him. Plus the fear often stops women from leaving because a very larger number are killed by their abuser after they leave. It becomes a very brain washing situation. I learned some of this after working with domestic violence victims. BUT I still do not understand, nor do I have sympathy for the women who allow their children to be abused as well. A mother should do whatever to protect their children.

Source? A very large number? What does that even mean?
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:12 PM   #18
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
One of the most stupid things I've ever heard in my life. Yeah the woman has to have better smarts and to leave a douche like him but to say it's all on her is about as ignorant a comment as ever. The person committing the crime is the one who is responsible for the crime happening. You have control over your own actions. It's not her fault he hits her. She's stupid for staying, but not her fault the violence happens. You need to understand this.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:18 AM   #19
broncofever

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
As much as I agree with this statement. I find it hard to feel sorry for a woman who has been beat on numerous times but doesn't smarten up and leave. She has his kid. Get smart and take off and file suit for alimony and child support

I agree men who hit women are pussies, but women who stay and take the abuse are stupid and don't deserve sympathy. I have no tolerance for stupidity.
Say, do you know how that leaving and divorcing OJ Simpson thing worked out for Nicole?
Old 12-08-2012, 04:48 AM   #20
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houshyamama View Post
Source? A very large number? What does that even mean?
Sorry don't have a link, heard this from the officials I worked with at that time. The woman leaves, the guy comes after her, sweet talks her to come back and kills her either when they are "negotiating" this or when she does, for leaving in the first place, or comes after her and puts those who are protecting her in danger because he does not care or finds her when she's in a place she least suspects him of coming after her, at work, etc. There was also a national poster on it a few years ago. The guy is not going to lose that control and if he can't have her no one will.

Was not suggesting they shouldn't leave because a lot do succeed in their lives afterward. Just pointing out it's a vicious cycle and the psycological factor is huge.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:10 AM   #21
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Another Rod Smith... Sad.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:22 AM   #22
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
Another Rod Smith... Sad.
Rod dealt with his problems through therapy and became a model citizen. It's a shame people throw that up after all these years. We are all a work in progress when a person realizes the error of his ways and corrects the errant behavior he should commended for his turn around yet small minded people continue to label that person by the long gone behavior. It really speaks more to the one doing the condemning than the one that had the courage to make a change.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:50 AM   #23
orinjkrush

Hey, no hurling on the shell, dude,

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ben Garland

for the life of me i can't understand why young angry testosterone poisoned men who are paid insanely huge amounts of money to be violent, are violent off the field.

makes no cents.
orinjkrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:23 AM   #24
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by orinjkrush View Post
for the life of me i can't understand why young angry testosterone poisoned men who are paid insanely huge amounts of money to be violent, are violent off the field.

makes no cents.
He gets roars of applause, and praise from his peers for being a thug on the field, and then arrested and shamed for being a thug off the field.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:33 AM   #25
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
That is a pretty ignorant post there. Google battered women and learn the psychology behind it. The power, the intimidation that men get from this. If a man beats up his woman and pours bleach on her and his child while they are laying on the floor it is not out of the realm of possibility that if she leaves he could beat her worse or kill her.
i know the psychology behind it, i've seen it before.
but at some point you have to realize that if you allow them to keep doing it and they're allowing them to do it.
there's self defense classes, you can alert you family,friends,co-workers, you can go to a shelter, call the cops & various other things.

if the man is willing to beat you so easily that he will do it in front of your kids then he will eventually kill you anyways.

you may think it's ignorant to say but it is no less true. there are too many ways to avoid this type of crap. there is no reason for it.
the men who do it are nothing but little boys trying to achieve some form of manhood. i hate them with a passion.
but for them to be able to have someone to beat on, someone has to be there and willing to take it.

i have a sister and love her to death. if some dude put his hands on her i'd probably go to jail because he'd get severely hurt.
i don't play about men beating on women, that's gutless and personally i think they should be doled out the same punishment they give the women they beat up.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote