The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2012, 03:34 PM   #201
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Moreno would have 3 TD's in 5 attempts, had Franklin not fell, leaving his man unblocked on the 2nd and goal (where we had to settle for a FG).

Unrein ran right through the hole and Knowshon was right behind him. It was sad, because Franklin normally mauls in those situations.
That field was causing all kinds of problems.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:46 PM   #202
Cito Pelon
Been there, didn't get it

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
That field was causing all kinds of problems.
Oakland is the only team in the NFL that still has a baseball field turfed over for football. O.co. As Apa asked, what is O.co?
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:07 PM   #203
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
McGahee has 4 TD's in goal-to-go situations in 2012. One on a reception.

16 attempts, 3 TD's rushing, one fumble lost.

Moreno:

5 goal-to-go attempts, 2 TD's rushing.
We know what Moreno has done near the goal line for his career. Isn't very pretty and why many just wanted Tebow to be down there his first season.

McGahee is better than Moreno. Are you going to try to argue that one?
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:21 PM   #204
vbplaya
Rookie

Don't chew with your mouth full.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ

Am I the only one who noticed that him and Peyton just were having a hard time last night? He kept being out of position on the field and when Peyton would do his post drive meetings he had to repeatedly call Moreno over. You could just see the frustration on Peyton with him all night.

As for his running ... it's odd ... when he first came into the league he did a lot of shooting forward too quick and not allowing the hole to open up ... now is seems like he's on the other side of the page ... he keeps waiting too long for holes to develop and sometimes the holes close up by the time he starts moving forward. I think I'd prefer him doing the other more ... at least then he has some forward momentum when he gets hit. Too often he's not moving forward when he's hit and can't fight through the tackle.
vbplaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:24 PM   #205
Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbplaya View Post
Am I the only one who noticed that him and Peyton just were having a hard time last night? He kept being out of position on the field and when Peyton would do his post drive meetings he had to repeatedly call Moreno over. You could just see the frustration on Peyton with him all night.

As for his running ... it's odd ... when he first came into the league he did a lot of shooting forward too quick and not allowing the hole to open up ... now is seems like he's on the other side of the page ... he keeps waiting too long for holes to develop and sometimes the holes close up by the time he starts moving forward. I think I'd prefer him doing the other more ... at least then he has some forward momentum when he gets hit. Too often he's not moving forward when he's hit and can't fight through the tackle.
No, this was a bit over exaggerated.

Peyton has given Moreno mad props in his interviews for the past 3 weeks.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:24 PM   #206
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:

Didn't see that at all....one time I saw Peyton call Decker to their debriefing, but that's it.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:26 PM   #207
Action

It honestly seems to me that Moreno and Peyton have good chemistry. Peyton loves people who works hard that's all Moreno has done this season and he's made a point to make it a point to the reporters.

What I see during the game is Moreno and Manning always communicating with each other. I see Moreno pointing out something on defense presnap and letting Peyton know what he sees and Peyton rallies something back at him.

Commentators and reporters talking about Peyton was shoving Moreno around like he was clueless are just stupid... Peyton was changing the damn play so yeah, he was trying to let Moreno know what he was changing it too... is it really that big of a deal?
Old 12-07-2012, 04:38 PM   #208
vbplaya
Rookie

Don't chew with your mouth full.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
It honestly seems to me that Moreno and Peyton have good chemistry. Peyton loves people who works hard that's all Moreno has done this season and he's made a point to make it a point to the reporters.

What I see during the game is Moreno and Manning always communicating with each other. I see Moreno pointing out something on defense presnap and letting Peyton know what he sees and Peyton rallies something back at him.

Commentators and reporters talking about Peyton was shoving Moreno around like he was clueless are just stupid... Peyton was changing the damn play so yeah, he was trying to let Moreno know what he was changing it too... is it really that big of a deal?
I actually didn't hear the commentators say anything about all that. This was just what I was seeing. To me it looked like they weren't on the same page for most of the night. When Hillman was out there and Peyton changed plays Hillman jumped to the right spot or Peyton directed him but Hillman responded immediately where I saw a few times where Moreno seemed to almost argue the movement that Peyton was instructing. Although I'm willing to concede that maybe Moreno was reading the defenders and felt he was in the right position for the play and that Peyton just read it another way. Hillman may not feel strongly enough about his reads yet to argue them with Peyton.

Anyway, that was the vibe I got last night ... I may be incorrect (and I'm sure that I'll get it from everyone) but that was what I saw during the game.

Let the "you're incorrect" replies commence.
vbplaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:45 PM   #209
swaiy

Quote:

69 yards after contact. If he isnt fighting through tackles, I dont know how he is getting those yards.
Old 12-07-2012, 05:04 PM   #210
Cito Pelon

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
We know what Moreno has done near the goal line for his career. Isn't very pretty and why many just wanted Tebow to be down there his first season.

McGahee is better than Moreno. Are you going to try to argue that one?
Moreno goal-to-go 2010 - 16 attempts, 5 TD's rushing, 1 TD passing, 0 fumbles
Moreno goal-to-go 2009 - 26 attempts, 6 TD's rushing, 2 TD's passing, 0 fumbles

I detailed McGahee's goal-to-go stats above. Moreno is clearly better in goal-to-go situations.
Old 12-07-2012, 05:12 PM   #211
Cito Pelon

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

I guess those are "fake stats", like somebody said one time.
Old 12-07-2012, 06:09 PM   #212
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post

This is why Willis' injury hurt the team cause he has the build and experience to pound the rock for 30 +

Funny that you say this when McGahee hasn't carried the ball 30 times or more since Dec. 3, 2007
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:11 PM   #213
Nwp-Apap

Quote:
I guess those are "fake stats", like somebody said one time.
It's ridiculous really, some people refuse to see what's in front of their own eyes.

Just because he's Knowshon Moreno they discount anything positive he does, and exaggerate anything poor or even average he does.

Honestly, I'm more comfortable with him starting than I am with McGahee in this offense. If this is the RB corps we go into next year with, Knowshon should, and most likely will, be the starter.

I expect him to continue to improve, he is still very young, and may yet prove worthy of that 1st round grade.
Old 12-07-2012, 06:15 PM   #214
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Funny that you say this when McGahee hasn't carried the ball 30 times or more since Dec. 3, 2007

McGahee takes himself out of offensive drives. You don't get 30+ carries doing that.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 12-07-2012 at 06:18 PM..
Old 12-07-2012, 06:35 PM   #215
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Oop you're right and Adrian Peterson hasn't carried 30 times since 2008 so I guess you wouldn't want him to carry the ball either

Didn't say these RBs did carry said they had the build and expierence to carry 30 times. Many times Willis hit 28 times same as AD

I hope KM can keep it up we shall see
CEH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:46 PM   #216
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Oop you're right and Adrian Peterson hasn't carried 30 times since 2008 so I guess you wouldn't want him to carry the ball either

Didn't say these RBs did carry said they had the build and expierence to carry 30 times. Many times Willis hit 28 times same as AD

I never said that, but feel free to act like I did.

Just curious why, if experience and build is what warrants a RB to get 30+ carries, Moreno is the one that carried the ball 30+ for the Broncos and McGahee hasn't
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:03 PM   #217
Nwp-Apap

Quote:

Just curious why, if experience and build is what warrants a RB to get 30+ carries, Moreno is the one that carried the ball 30+ for the Broncos and McGahee hasn't
The 25 year old Moreno must have the build amd experience!
Old 12-07-2012, 07:10 PM   #218
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:

I'd say 30 lbs and the same speed and the ability to pick up the blitz without Manning having to redirect him is a good start
CEH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:19 PM   #219
Cito Pelon

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Coach Fox is getting tired of the questions about Moreno. He sounds exasperated, says, "We had him stashed for just this kind of scenario, he's doing great, what more can I say? He's doing great and that's what we expected." Then somebody asks him, "But, was that what you expected?" Jebus, the media is like this board.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:33 PM   #220
Cito Pelon

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:

Adrian Peterson has averaged 19.3 carries per game for his career.

85 games, 1640 carries. Do the math.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:39 PM   #221
NUB
Just Crafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

3.5 YPC isn't great. It isn't even average.

The good things about Moreno right now are that A) He isn't taking himself out of games anymore, now that his draft status obviously means nothing and B) He isn't fumbling the ball. Add in some consistent ball carries -- 30+ is high for any back -- and that's good enough for the playoffs. Other than that he's playing like his usual self. I don't quite understand the theatrics of some posters here.
NUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:44 PM   #222
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

Quote:
Coach Fox is getting tired of the questions about Moreno. He sounds exasperated, says, "We had him stashed for just this kind of scenario, he's doing great, what more can I say? He's doing great and that's what we expected." Then somebody asks him, "But, was that what you expected?" Jebus, the media is like this board.
It's funny how people think KM wasn't. #2 on the depth chart all along.
HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:51 PM   #223
Cito Pelon

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUB View Post

The good things about Moreno right now are that A) He isn't taking himself out of games anymore, now that his draft status obviously means nothing and B) He isn't fumbling the ball. Add in some consistent ball carries -- 30+ is high for any back -- and that's good enough for the playoffs. Other than that he's playing like his usual self. I don't quite understand the theatrics of some posters here.
Looking at the stats for 2012, only 24 guys are above 4.0 YPC in 2012, and two of them are QB's (Cam Newton and RG3).
Old 12-07-2012, 07:57 PM   #224
Nwp-Apap

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUB View Post

3.8 during his starts. The Broncos as a team also average 3.8
Old 12-07-2012, 08:05 PM   #225
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Stats stats stats

Use your eyes fellas

The kid was injured suffered a powerful lesson in humility and decided to do it the coaches way. He'll only get better. He might stumble but he is finally ready to play in the NFL.

Talk about a serendipitous season. The will of Manning is driving the bus, hang on.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote