The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2012, 10:18 AM   #126
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
Well let's look at the title of the thread.

While the quote had zero comment about haters, it looks like you had an agenda making up the thread title. A conclusion could be drawn because of that.

As for my numerous responses with an exception here and there all where rebuttals of fan bois snipes at me or stating facts.

Now I could have started yet another thread on dumb ass but thought it poignant to just add to and rebutt in the same thread.

If you do not want me to reply in a thread then I suggest folks do not make a defense for the defenseless.

I'm hardly the first to use initials of player in thread so PLEASE DO NOT TELL Me what I have earned the right to do or not to do. I know how to spell his name I do not need a pompous ass to give me directions on finding it on their web site.

If you want to have TJ issue an edict I'll follow it until then please be quiet.

Have a great day. As I will, by celebrating a victory over a division rival that always IMO always gives us their best game. Where many thought it would be a cake walk, I did not.
Well actually I said Danny boy has not earned the right to go by just initials but you do have the reading comprehension issue so I understand.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:20 AM   #127
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
No just a few minutes of time between contractors.

Now talk about obsessive, keeping post counts. Sorry it sounds like You need a life.
Not all that hard just a click on the total post count in any thread gives you the break down
Old 12-07-2012, 10:32 AM   #128
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Trevathan has fire and is getting better.

Like I said at the start of the year, Trevathan might be the long-term answer at MLB at around 240 lbs.

The way both Trevathan and Woodyard fly around is impressive. Brooking is a liability in pass coverage...and the DL seems to be stuffing the run enough to allow us to have smaller LB's. It would be great if the Broncos could get away with 3 OLB's on the field (including Miller), and no ILB's...given today's passing NFL.

DJ played well in limited snaps (again). Still haven't gotten a big enough sample size of his play to make a determination of his value.
Trev is not better then DJ right now as some suggest. As you said, there isn't enough of a sample size right now to determine this. I say he isn't because I still see easy mistakes that Trev is making out there. A few times yesterday I saw him clearly over react to a fake and got way out of position on plays. Other times he had nice plays. But DJ is playing well for the limited snaps he is getting. I think he had a sack yesterday but it was called back due to PI on Champ. He's bigger the Trev and probably just as fast. So, when guys like loinstar come in here and say DJ's not worth his salary, well that's because they are easing him back into the mix. Nobody is concerned right now about next year and he's obsessed with the salary DJ will make next year. Hey, how about we just care about this year and if he can help this team win a Superbowl.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:39 PM   #129
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Well actually I said Danny boy has not earned the right to go by just initials but you do have the reading comprehension issue so I understand.
Glad to know that you are the one and only pobah on OM that decides which player gets the privilege. Here is your post.

Quote:
Oh and please stop assigning initials to every player just because you can't spell his name and are too lazy to look it up. Danny Trevathan has not earned a DT monicker. Use this link if you can't spell a name.

The implication is there that I did not have the right to do so.

If my posts bother you so much place me on IGGY. Just less posts I have to make to your male bovine excrement..

Last edited by lonestar; 12-07-2012 at 02:52 PM..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:48 PM   #130
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Not all that hard just a click on the total post count in any thread gives you the break down
Once again I bow to your all knowing, and gracious being.

I have done so dozens of times while posting on an iPhone because is next to the arrow for seeing the last post. Not because I care, but big fingers on very small screen.

I never implied you took the time to go through and count the posts. Just that you are the one that seems to be obsessed with how many posts I have made.

Not why I made them but just that I had. So sad.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:04 PM   #131
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Glad to know that you are the one and only pobah on OM that decides which player gets the privilege. Here is your post.

The implication is there that I did not have the right to do so.

If my posts bother you so much place me on IGGY. Just less posts I have to make to your male bovine excrement..
I hear the are having a 24 hour sale on "a sense of humor" down at WalMart this weekend.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:05 PM   #132
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Trev is not better then DJ right now as some suggest. As you said, there isn't enough of a sample size right now to determine this. I say he isn't because I still see easy mistakes that Trev is making out there. A few times yesterday I saw him clearly over react to a fake and got way out of position on plays. Other times he had nice plays. But DJ is playing well for the limited snaps he is getting. I think he had a sack yesterday but it was called back due to PI on Champ. He's bigger the Trev and probably just as fast. So, when guys like loinstar come in here and say DJ's not worth his salary, well that's because they are easing him back into the mix. Nobody is concerned right now about next year and he's obsessed with the salary DJ will make next year. Hey, how about we just care about this year and if he can help this team win a Superbowl.
Agree with your post. DJ and Trev are probably about the same speed. Danny was kinda hanging with McFadden on the 36 yard run (albeit 5 yards back).

DJ played well in his limited time, but it's hard to compare him against Brooking, because Brooking is out there 75% of the time. Would DJ gain or lose effectiveness if he played more? Still waiting to find out the answer to that question.

I think JDR trusts Brooking. I also think DJ is gaining trust, so we'll see what happens here at the end of the season. Everybody played okay against the Raiders...kinda hard to tell on such a crappy field.

Bannan and Brooking are getting preference over Ayers and DJ in my opinion. Ayers should be starting LDE (with Wolfe starting at UT), and DJ should be starting MLB. That isn't happening (and probably won't this year).

JDR is stubborn. I guess, if it ain't broke don't fix it. Only problem is, if it breaks in the playoffs, it's too late to fix it.

Last edited by pricejj; 12-07-2012 at 03:10 PM..
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:05 PM   #133
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:

I have done so dozens of times while posting on an iPhone because is next to the arrow for seeing the last post. Not because I care, but big fingers on very small screen.

I never implied you took the time to go through and count the posts. Just that you are the one that seems to be obsessed with how many posts I have made.

Maybe Santa will bring you a real computer...

... or smaller fingers
Old 12-07-2012, 03:15 PM   #134
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Not sure who has really said DT is better than dumb ass, I'm not yet to make that call. Although with the very limited playing time he has had when subbing for Brooking IMO he would make a better MLB than dumb ass would be..
29 tackles , 3 pass defensed and a sack not bad for very limited snaps.

Real cutesy name calling though you were more adult.

If you really think they are easing him back into play, why start him yesterday, at WLB. You know he will never beat out WW when he is ready to come back, as for his salary right now he is taking a huge reduction just to come back to the team this year.

My implications are that as a backup next year in his last year of his current absurd contract he will make $7,700,000.00. Do your really thinks anyone is stupid enough to pay that, I'm pretty sure that The John's will not and even most posters would not if it is someone else's money. Which BTW most armchair GMs might as they have no concept of budgeting and salary cap management.

IMO DJ is not the guy that John E wants on his team, to many run ins with the law, PED/drugs, his stints with Goodell and the back breaker last spring with his social media crap. His contract is is prohibitive for limited playing time down the road.
Glad we had some one at a reduced salary to cover for WW in his absence, but make no illusions he take a HUGE hit again next year to play back up or he is traded OR cut. Even then I think John, Fox, JDR go with DT for the long term over and for this reason alone DUMB ASS because he flat is.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:24 PM   #135
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Maybe Santa will bring you a real computer...

... or smaller fingers
Smaller fingers well if that means a reduction I other parts of the body not only no but HELL NO, thanks anyway.

I have two iMacs in the back office in the house. 21 & 27 inch biggies. I have chosen to use my iPads and iPhones even though there is an occasion miss type or screen issue.

FWIW I also have several big Dells in storage from my business I retired from when I stopped doing business. Along with several laptops.

I like apple products now that I do not have to number crunch like I used to do.

But again thanks for your concern.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:29 PM   #136
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Fat limp peters are not much use except maybe for trolling at airport urinals.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:36 PM   #137
Flex Gunmetal
Icy Fresh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Francis Daytona

Quote:

Since everyone here dislikes you so much, why not make an effort to be less of a jerkoff?
Flex Gunmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:42 PM   #138
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Trevathan has fire and is getting better.

Like I said at the start of the year, Trevathan might be the long-term answer at MLB at around 240 lbs.

The way both Trevathan and Woodyard fly around is impressive. Brooking is a liability in pass coverage...and the DL seems to be stuffing the run enough to allow us to have smaller LB's. It would be great if the Broncos could get away with 3 OLB's on the field (including Miller), and no ILB's...given today's passing NFL.

DJ played well in limited snaps (again). Still haven't gotten a big enough sample size of his play to make a determination of his value.
I'm impressed with his tackling and range. He plays bigger than he is. If Williams is let go it will be because of Trevathan's play.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:04 PM   #139
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Me personally think you guys should throw on the boxing gloves
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:06 PM   #140
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Every time I see lonestar post, I listen to Ether by Nas and it is all good. Take one guess.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:11 PM   #141
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos_OTM View Post
Me personally think you guys should throw on the boxing gloves
Why I'm not the one with the swollen sausage and anger issues.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:16 PM   #142
Bacchus

Quote:
Why I'm not the one with the swollen sausage and anger issues.
Baja, you asked where all the Williams haters were and well you found one.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:21 PM   #143
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Baja, you asked where all the Williams haters were and well you found one.
Ha ha You got a point there.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:39 PM   #144
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

lonestar is a misanthrope.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:50 PM   #145
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
lonestar is a misanthrope.
Man haven't you heard He has two big apple super computers / 2 iPads / 2 iPhones / a Dell lap top and 2 massive IBM business computers in storage. This dude is some sort of message board legend.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:52 PM   #146
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
I'm impressed with his tackling and range. He plays bigger than he is. If Williams is let go it will be because of Trevathan's play.
I still think Trevathan can be a great MLB for the Broncos. He has the speed, size, and was a tackling machine in college.

He's the same size and speed as Jon Beason...maybe faster.

Trevathan's playing time just keeps increasing...it's going to be very hard to keep him off the field.

WLB - Woodyard
MLB - Trevathan
SLB - Miller
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:31 PM   #147
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Fat limp peters are not much use except maybe for trolling at airport urinals.
Come on man. I expected more than attacks from you.

At least a valid arguement.

Instead going troll, I really expected you not to be like some.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:34 PM   #148
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Come on man. I expected more than attacks from you.

At least a valid arguement.

Instead going troll, I really expected you not to be like some.
Dude that was funny. Don't miss out on that WalMart sale.

No wonder you're on the can so much, you're full of shiit.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:38 PM   #149
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flex Gunmetal View Post
Since everyone here dislikes you so much, why not make an effort to be less of a jerkoff?
Just calling it like I see it. Sorry if it steps on those that have a huge bromance toes.

If all folks have is calling names then they lack arguements or a defense.

With a few excpetions I rarely directly attack some one. There are a lot of morons on here, yet they must feel the heat of my posts and go ballistic.

Guess the truth hurts for them.. Calling names come easy for some.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:40 PM   #150
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Just calling it like I see it. Sorry if it steps on those that have a huge bromance toes.

If all folks have is calling names then they lack arguements or a defense.

With a few excpetions I rarely directly attack some one. There are a lot of morons on here, yet they must feel the heat of my posts and go ballistic.

Guess the truth hurts for them.. Calling names come easy for some.
Oh I see, you think you matter.